What does it mean that Jesus came in the flesh?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,121 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

T,

It is written

Romans 8:14Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

It is written:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In Jesus is a son, the chief son at that, it follows that he was led by the Spirit of God. His actions testify that he was led by the Spirit as he did not sin even though he was tempted as it common to all human beings. As for his spirit in doing so he was revealed to exist in the image of God.

terraricca
    Participant

k

Ro 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
    Ro 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
    Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

YOU ARE IN ERROR ;FOR 1) CHRIST WAS WITHOUT SIN
    2) CHRIST CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN (I KNOW YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THIS )

SO THE SCRIPTURE YOU QUOTED DOES NOT APPLY TO HIM

terraricca
    Participant

k

YES WE ALL WILL BE ACCEPTED AS SONS OF GOD ” BUT THOUGH CHRIST ” IF GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON WE WOULD DIE IN OUR SINS ,

CHRIST HIS THE SON OF GOD NOT THROUGH SOME ONE ELSE BUT THE ONLY VERY TRUE SON OF GOD ,THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND RETURN AFTER DOING ALL WHAT THE FATHER ASK HIM TO DO

terraricca
    Participant

kERWIN

THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PERSON THAT AS BEEN FREE ALL HIS LIVE AND THE ONE THAT COMES TO FREEDOM BECAUSE SOMEONE AD PAY FOR HIS RANSOM TO BE FREE ,

THE ONE THAT AS BEEN FREED WITH A RANSOM WILL ALWAYS BE IN DEBT TO THAT ONE ,HAS THE OTHER ONE HAS NO DEBT TO PAY BACK OF TO BE IN REDEVANCE BY IT

kerwin
    Participant

T,

Ro 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
    Ro 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
    Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

You cut a sentence in pieces. As the NIV translation goes:

Romans 3:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

As you can see it is speaking of the past tense sinned and not the present tense sin. Despite the sins the believer committed in their past which are absolved by God’s grace. That is nothing new as Ezekiel tells us much the same thing when speaking of those under the law of Moses. In Ezekiel God teaches us that if a wicked man changes his ways and does all that is right God will forget the sins that went before. Romans 3 then goes on to say we are justified by God’s grace by Jesus paying the cost to free us from slavery to sin. Jesus also teaches us in John that anyone who sins is a slave to sin and and a person who is redeemed is no longer a slave.

The Law of Mosses required human effort to do while law of the spirit requires a person to both receive and live by the Spirit via faith. That is why it is written “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe”.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

CHRIST HIS THE SON OF GOD NOT THROUGH SOME ONE ELSE BUT THE ONLY VERY TRUE SON OF GOD ,THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND RETURN AFTER DOING ALL WHAT THE FATHER ASK HIM TO DO

I agree that Jesus is the son of God’s spirit but not through another person as are those that believe in him. Instead he is the God’s child directly from God for God dwells in Jesus though his Spirit and not through faith in anyone else.

terraricca
    Participant

K

Incorrect as there is only one righteousness and holiness as any thing else fall short of God’s glory. Believers are instructed to put on the new self who has not fallen short of God’s glory and do away with the old self that they vowed to live as no longer. Christians are held to a higher standard than even those that were under the law of Moses as they have more, even the Spirit, that is given to that faith in Jesus Christ.

no this is correct if we cannot access to that righteousness while we are on earth it is prove that what was demanded from Christ was far better than ours ,for we only will obtain our full righteousness after the resurrection ,HE WAS A SINLESS MAN AND SOUL AND WAS TRULY A RIGHTEOUS MAN IN ALL THE FORM OF THE WORD AND HOLY AS WELL ,WE ARE NOT BUT ONLY DECLARE RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY THROUGH HIM ;BIG DIFFERENCE

terraricca
    Participant

k

(Scripture states the goal is for our righteousness and holiness to like God’s even as Jesus was. )

WHAT DO YOU THINK RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ? to me it mean ;doing all the things you do ,do it at god’s demand and do it because your heavenly father ask you to ,

what do you think holiness is ? to me it mean; do all thing God demand from you but do it without committing sin

terraricca
    Participant

K

{

T,

It is written

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.}

change the word spirit by the word “truth”

terraricca
    Participant

K

{The Law of Mosses required human effort to do while law of the spirit requires a person to both receive and live by the Spirit via faith. That is why it is written “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe”.}

what  was the human effort Paul was talking about ?

and what is the deeds of the spirit ?

terraricca
    Participant

K

{I agree that Jesus is the son of God’s spirit but not through another person as are those that believe in him. Instead he is the God’s child directly from God for God dwells in Jesus though his Spirit and not through faith in anyone else.}

this need  clarification don’t you think ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………Here is another scripture you and others here obviously do not “TRULY” believe.

John 14:12..VERLY VERLY, I SAY UNTO YOU , HE THAT BELIEVES ON ME, THE WORKS THAT I DO SHALL HE DO ALSO; AND “GREATER WORKS” THAN THESE SHALL HE DO; BECAUSE I GO UNTO MY FATHER.

Pierre Jesus seem to think we can do greater works then he did, Now how can that be seeming, you believe he is a God himself. I and Jesus see no difference between our and his potenital with God the Father.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

and you do not understand what the word believe means ;

Jn 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
    Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    Jn 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

read it very carefully

kerwin
    Participant

T,

no this is correct if we cannot access to that righteousness while we are on earth it is prove that what was demanded from Christ was far better than ours ,for we only will obtain our full righteousness after the resurrection ,HE WAS A SINLESS MAN AND SOUL AND WAS TRULY A RIGHTEOUS MAN IN ALL THE FORM OF THE WORD AND HOLY AS WELL ,WE ARE NOT BUT ONLY DECLARE RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY THROUGH HIM ;BIG DIFFERENCE

Ephesians 4:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

We are instructed to put on the new self who has the divine qualities of holiness and righteousness. And I am confident God does not sin. It is an instruction to us while we are yet in mortal flesh. Since we are told to do it, it can be done.

We have pass sins and Jesus does not. Those past sins are forgiven for those who persevere in the faith that God will deliver them from the temptations of this world and obey all Jesus’ other teachings.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

k

(Scripture states the goal is for our righteousness and holiness to like God’s even as Jesus was. )

WHAT DO YOU THINK RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ? to me it mean ;doing all the things you do ,do it at god’s demand and do it because your heavenly father ask you to ,

what do you think holiness is ? to me it mean; do all thing God demand from you but do it without committing sin

We are called to be righteous as God is righteous. In short we are called to stop sinning.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

K

{The Law of Mosses required human effort to do while law of the spirit requires a person to both receive and live by the Spirit via faith. That is why it is written “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe”.}

what was the human effort Paul was talking about ?

and what is the deeds of the spirit ?

Mark 10:27New International Version (NIV)

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

kerwin
    Participant

T,

K

{

T,

It is written

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.}

change the word spirit by the word “truth”

That is also true as the Spirit is the word of truth God placed in those who believe and it is the same word of truth that is written on their hearts.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

K

{I agree that Jesus is the son of God’s spirit but not through another person as are those that believe in him. Instead he is the God’s child directly from God for God dwells in Jesus though his Spirit and not through faith in anyone else.}

this need clarification don’t you think ?

Perhaps, but I am not sure where you find it unclear. I can try to rephrase it.

Believers are the sons of God’s Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ and God.
    Jesus is the son of God’s Spirit by faith in God.

Believers have Jesus as their mediator.
    Jesus has no mediator.
    Angels also have Jesus as their mediator but only because God instructed them to bow to him.

terraricca
    Participant

k

Ephesians 4:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

We are instructed to put on the new self who has the divine qualities of holiness and righteousness. And I am confident God does not sin. It is an instruction to us while we are yet in mortal flesh. Since we are told to do it, it can be done.

We have pass sins and Jesus does not. Those past sins are forgiven for those who persevere in the faith that God will deliver them from the temptations of this world and obey all Jesus’ other teachings.

PAUL HIMSELF SAY AT THE END OF HIS OWN LIFE THAT HE NOW WAITS FOR HIS REWARD FOR HE DID THE RIGHT THINGS ,

BELIEVING DOES NOT BRING YOU RIGHTEOUSNESS BUT LIVING THE TRUTH DOES ,AND IF WE HAVE TO LIVE IT THEN UNTIL WHEN BEFORE WE CAN BE DECLARED RIGHTEOUS ,AS LONG WE LIVE WE CAN FALL ,DON’T YOU KNOW ?

AS MAN ON THIS EARTH WE THAT OBEY THE TRUTH ARE DECLARED RIGHTEOUS BUT IT IS BECAUSE OF THE TRUTH WE SAY AND THINK AND BELIEVE NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE REACH THE POINT OF BEING RIGHTEOUS ,THIS WILL BE DONE AFTER OUR RESURRECTION THEN GOD WILL JUDGE US IF WE DESERVE OR GAIN RIGHTEOUSNESS STATUS

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account