What does it mean that Jesus came in the flesh?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,101 through 3,120 (of 3,121 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Gal 2.15f

We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the gentiles; nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; since by the works of the law no flesh will be justified….

For through the Law I died to the Law so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.

So as with the book of Romans, Paul is educating, with difficulty, the newly committed and baptised Jewish people about turning from their habit of reliance on legal observance to please God, to faith in their new indwelling Master, Jesus Christ. Now they must stop striving for personal perfection but become instead vessels for the Spirit of Christ to live and work in.

It is hard work.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…that is the way most believe it is saying, and from that they get that it is not important to keep the commandments, but just believe in Jesus. But jesus said he alway did what pleases God, and also he said he did not come destory the law but fulfill it. And Paul even said “what then shall i sin because i am under grace “God forbid” .

Let’s dig a little deeper Nick, to understand what Paul was really saying we need to do some text investigation, first thing if you check out the original Greek wording used there, you will find the word (the) was not used, what Paul said was ” by works of law”, not works of (the) law, the definite article (the) changes the meaning, because when we say “the” we are referencing definite laws, like the ten commandments, but if we omite the word “the” as it should be, then we are talking about law in a “general” sense not specific to any individual law or group of laws, like the ten commandments are. So what Paul was saying is the (Way) law (works), in a general sense. Law works through the median of enforcement, which generates fear and as a result causes us compliance.

Remember what Moses said , Ex 20:19….”and Moses said unto the people, fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that HIS (FEAR) may be before your faces, that you sin not”.

Nick that is how the old testement commandments was instituted in those people, through the median of FEAR, inorder to “cause” the people to obey them. So can you now see what Paul was saying, you see none of those people could ever be made truly right (in the hearts), by the way law works.

So PAUL was not telling us the we should not keep the commandment but he was talking about the way we keep Gods commandments, through faith and love of God shed around in our hearts by GOD, WHICH CHANGES US , HE TAKES OUT OF US THE STONY HEART AND GIVES US A SOFT HEART, IN THAT PROCESS HE WRITES HIS COMMANDMENTS IN OUR HEARTS, through a different way .

Peace and love to you and yours. … ..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Be still and know that I am God.

Ask and you will receive. Seek grace.

Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit.

The indwelling Spirit can lead us to obey the Law.

First the shoot, then the leaf then the fully grown plant.

My children for whom I am in labour till Christ is born in you.

Step further into the stream till you can no longer touch the bottom.

Paul points the people into the new way of being led by the Spirit to become sons of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….”OBEDIANCE” BY WORKS OF LAW, “NO” FLESH SHALL BE JUSTIFIED . WE ARE BEING “CREATED” unto good works BY THE POWER OF GOD. “For it is God that “works “in” us, both to will and do of his good pleasure”. Not by works of law.

Nick, now do you now understand what Paul was actually saying by the words he used in Gal 2″15, or not? Drifting all around the subject matter only acts as a distraction.

Try to stay focused on specific subject matter Nick would be helpful.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

For us all that matters is what the Spirit of Christ does through us.

The rest is irrelevant

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick, Yes, but it also helps us to understand what scriptures are “actually” saying right? Why do you say the truth is irrelevant? The spirit of God rejoices in the truth, AND IT EXPOSES FALSE TEACHINGS. ” Wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many go in threat, narrow is the gate and straight is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it”, we are told.

I find it hard to believe any true servant of the Lord would find the truth irrelevant, that is an odd stance comming from you.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

FOR US.

The Gardener tends the vine.

The only useful fruit found is that which the Lord has done through us.

I must decrease.

He must increase.

Be silent and let Him speak.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Remember the labors in the vinyard parable. the land owner has hired us to work in his vinyard till he tells his Steward to call in the workers and pay them their wages, even if it’s the last hour and we haven’t born the heat of the day as the first have, we still must continue till the Steward says it’s time to quite working, But i do agree with you, the only useful fruit is what the lord has done through us.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The second Adam became a life giving spirit.

Now the Lord is the Spirit.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus of Nazareth was conceived.

He was a man conceived of the creative Spirit of God (ps 104) and Mary.

If you say he was a preexistent being then you are saying that he was not the same as the man born in Bethlehem.

And you are interpreting his words according to worldly principles and not the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

When Jesus died the veil in the temple was completely torn in two.

This veil separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies.

He entered heaven through the tearing of his flesh.

He is now not earthly flesh but is spirit.

It symbolised the access we all in him now have to the throne of Grace.

It also tells us flesh contributes nothing and it has no future.

Do not be confused that he was first raised on earth in his old body.

He had yet to return to the Father to receive the kingdom.

Heb4,9,10. 2cor3.Dan7.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you don’t know if he had not yet returned to the Father and returned because he had Thomas tuch his hands and side, but he told Mary not to touch him because he had not returned, and later told THOMAS to touch him, and he was still flesh and bone, even after he went through the door, he told them he was not a spirit, because spirits have not flesh and bone as he has. If you believe he is just spirit then produce your proof, and the saying “we no longer know him after the flesh, but the spirit, has nothing to do with a body, but how we “percieve” him. To many scriptures show it is BODIES, that are resurected from the graves. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You quote this spoken by the resurrected Jesus

Jn 19.17

Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to my brethren and say to them

’I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God’

And Jn 20..27

‘Reach here with your finger, and see my hands, and reach here with your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving , but believing’

Why do you not believe the Master when he shows them he was still in his old flesh and bone body before he ascended out of their sight into heaven? And why do you believe that flesh can inherit the kingdom? Why do you need to prove your ideas when truth is written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Eph 4.7

But to each of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore it says

’ When he ascended on high, he led captive a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men”

Now this expression’ He ascended’ what does it mean except that he also had descended into the lower parts of the earth. He who descended is he who ascended far above all the heavens, so that he might fill all things.

1 Peter 3.18

..having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit, in which he also went and made proclamation to the spirits in prison, who were once disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah..

This is after his death and before his resurrection into his earthly body,

and before he ascended to heaven in his new body.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK….YOU’VE CHANGED SUBJECT MATTER, you have not produced a single scripture that denies his flesh “BODY’ he was born with that was indeed resurected. Your thinking the the saying of we no longer know him in the flesh, is simply saying he is no lo n ger here as a flesh being, but that does not mean he does not exist elsewhere with his body, we simple nolonger see him here in the flesh, but we see him through the spirit given us, that is how we “now” know him. Get it? But this same Jesus whom they see going up into the clouds, we will see comming again “in the clouds, just as he assended”, the same waý, with the same body he had going up with he will decend with. But now the apostle said they “NO LONGER KNOW HIM IN A FLESH BOY, WHY BECAUSE HE ASENDED WITH IT” SO THE ONLY WAY THE COULD RELATE WITH HIM WAS THROUGH THE SPIRIT, WHY, BECAUSE HE WAS NOT THERE THATS WHY. what you are say has nothing to do with the fact he has a body or not, complete different subject.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

NOW the Lord is the Spirit,

believe it or not.

Can you not hear his voice yet?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Heb 5.7

In the days of his flesh, he offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save him from death.

Of course these are no longer the days of his flesh.

Now the  Lord is the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Paul said in Rom 7.24

Wretched man that I am.! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

But you think his Master still lives in the fleshy body of death?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Acts 23.11

But on the night immediately following, the Lord stood at his side, and said,

‘Take courage; for as you have solemnly witnessed to my cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also’

This is Jesus in his new body.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….You have such a desire that Jesus has no flesh and bone body, why is that Nick? Do you hate physical bodies God has given us humans, God said it was very Good, but you say no it is evil. Show us one place in scripture that says Jesus no longer has a physical Body. Saying we no longer know him in the flesh, is only saying he is not here in person, but scripture say he will return just as he left, this earth. Not only will our minds be perfected,but our bodies will also at the resurection, “that will witness the redemption of our “BODIES”.

What part of that scripture you don’t understand Nick?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Viewing 20 posts - 3,101 through 3,120 (of 3,121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account