What does it mean that Jesus came in the flesh?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,081 through 3,100 (of 3,121 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

That is an odd private interpretation of Heb 1.13-14 you offered.

But to which of the angels has He ever said

’Sit at My right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Was philip, seen and then not seen, was JESUS SEEN AND NOT SEEN, DID PETER WALK ON WATER, DID MOSES’ FACE SHINE SO BRIGHT HE HAD TO PUT A VAIL OVER IT, DID SAMSON BRING DOWN A TEMPLE BUILDING WITH HIS FLESH BODY, DID JESUS SAY HE WAS NOT A SPIRIT, AS THEY AND YOU SUPOSE HIM TO BE, DID HE NOT ASSEND UP INTO HEAVEN WITH HIS RESURECTED BODY, DID THE ANGEL SAY HE WOULD RETURN JUST LIKE HE ASENDED?

NICK…YOU SEEM TO SELL GOD THE FATHER SHORT AS CONCERNING WHAT HE CAN DO WITH OUR FLESH BODIES HE GAVE US. Look i know we shall be changed from a mortal state to a emortal state, but that does no mean we will not have a flesh and bone body as Jesus has.

No scripture say we shall be changed from flesh and bone to a spirit being. IT is enough that God the Father dwell “IN” US FOREVER, JUST AS IT SAYS , “KNOW YOU NOT THAT YOUR “BODIES” ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD”. AND AGAIN , “WHOSOEVER DESTORYS THE TEMPLE OF GOD, THEM WILL GOD DESTORY”.

Now do you say these (fleshy) temples of the Living God, God will destory? DOES GOD live “in” spirits or flesh bodies. What you may not understand is God desires us to live in our houses (bodies) he made for us for ever. Just as he did and does with Jesus.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Be transformed by a renewal of your mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I know you believe strongly in your idea that we will not be changed, but in an instant, in the blink of an eye we will.

You have had lots of strong nonscriptural ideas in the past like the SPIRIT IS INTELLECT one.

Now you cite miracles as proofs and try to subject our God to laws given to us.

But what is as yet unseen is more amazing that what Man has seen so far.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Again, change subject matter, tell us this, who said, “destory” this “temple” and in three days I shall raise “it” up”, Was that Jesus who said that or God who was “in” him speaking.

Is it not said “brethern know you not that “YOUR BODY” IS THE “TEMPLE” OF THE LIVING GOD.” Is not what i have quoted above written in scripture, do you just ignore them so you can have your own way Nick?

Show us one scripture that even says spirits are bodies of anykind. You can’t find any can you?, but you continue to believ that why?
    You haven’t a clue what a spirit is do you Nick, please post it if you do know, but use scriptures please, not you own opinions like the seven spirits of God being seven angels thing. No scripture say that. The spirit of truth is given us so we can mintally comprehend the truth. Which becomes part of our thinking which is an intellect that is put “in” us from GOD THE FATHER.

HOWBEIT WHEN THE COMFORTER COMES HE WILL NOT SPEAK OF IT’S OWN, BUT WHATSOEVER IT HEARS THAT IT WILL SPEAK. OR ADDRESS “IN” OUR MINDS, it rasies our “intellect”, GIVING US THE UNDERSTANDING OF TRUTH. IT is a gift from God the Father. To all his childern

Please start answering these scripture i an quoting over and over to you Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

God spoke through Jesus in Jn 2

INTELLECT rears it’s ugly head again.

No I have never said SPIRITS ARE BODIES.

Your body IS the temple of God.

You have the clues you say we do not have?

No you are self willed and unteachable it seems.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

”and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind”

Eph 4.23

Open the door of your mind to the Spirit of truth.

Let God rule there.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick. .You brought up the intellect thing not me. Well at least you understand the it was God who spoke the words , “destory this temple and in three days I shall raise it up.” Why does God call our bodies temples he lives “in”? It takes a body to be a temple for God to live in, but you say angels are spirits so they can not be bodies, NOW TELL US HOW DO THEY EAT FOOD, IF THEY ARE SPIRITS, WHERE DOES THE FOOD GO WHEN THE EAT.

Nick you say i am unteachable, but could it be you who lacks the understanding you think you have?

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

No idea.

What is revealed I can share.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

What is it with you?

Everyone else’s interpretations are wrong?

Only you can understand scripture and you get upset if your understandings are challenged?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….What i get upset with is when i post the scriptures that show what i am saying and you simple ignor them, most of the time you simply passover them and fail to see what they show us. GOD has reavealed a lot to me over the years, things like i posted to all concerning 2ths2 and you fight against the truth, as if you are targeting me no what i have posted.

Look i know if “our” mortal bodies are corupted in the grave, that God will created us a new one, and it will not be the exact body that corrupted in the grave, i have no problem with that, just as the seed that was planted is not the seed that comes up, but it produces an exact same DNA, AS THE BODY IT CAME FROM, IT IS NOT A DIFFERENT TYPE OR CLASS OF A BODY, NOW IS IT? IT’S STILL A CORN OR WHAT EVER SEED TYPE IT CAME FROM. PAUL WAS JUST SHOWING A “regeneration” or renewing process of the same “KIND” OF PLANT SHOWING US THAT NOTHING US LOST IN THE RESURECTION, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE OLD DEAD BODIES, FROM IT WILL COME A NEW OF THE SAME TYPE.

YOUR ASSUMPTION of a different type or kind of body is wrong, howbeit, our resurected bodies will be spiritually generated, but that is what happens to all seeds that are planted right, they bring forth after their own kind.

YOU say angels are spirits beings and have no bodies, but scripture shows them with bodies and says they are only a “little” different them we are, but you make them out to be vastly different then us. Why do you go against scriptures, why despise what God has created for us, like our bodies, that get old and weak an need to be regenerated by his spirit and given eternal life.

There is nothing wrong with our bodies they are our house we and God lives in, they are wonderfully made, just like all of God’s creation is. Infact God calles them his TEMPLES HE LIVES IN. But you want them destoryed, but scripture say , whoever destorys the TEMPLE of God, Him will God destory. GOD the Father Is very capable of glorifying and perserving these bodies whether we live or die. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. . . gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Much of what you seem to state with certainty cannot be known because it is not revealed in scripture.

We need a certain discipline to remain within the teachings of God.(2jn9)

To not do so is to put ourselves above the Teacher.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Wrong it is reaveald in scriptures, if you have eyes to see, you would have no problem seening it. Sometimes you have to dig deeper because of translation errors and changes, espically with some of Pauls writings.

Heres a simple one for you, Paul said, “by works of “the” law no flesh shall be be justified” do you enen know what Paul meant by that simple statement? If so please explain. I will give you so help, the key is with the word “the” a defenate article. Now lets see what your “spritual” understanding on that is?

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Since you accept no revelation except what your own eyes have seen

It would be foolhardy to offer my reflections but

I look forward to your presentation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….why don’t you just give us your so-called refelection, then I will offer mine. You preach to about you understanding, so now you have a chance to show us your great understanding of scripture and a simple one at that. You ask me about things and i give you scripture after scripture and you fail in most cases to address them. So come on tells what the apostle Paul was saying in this simple scripture. So now i am giving you another chance to see the difference between your so-called “reflections” and real true reavelations. Heres your chance for us all to see how much you “really” know.

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

grace

Rom.3.20-24

Eph 2.8-9

Gal 5.4

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….i am talking about Gal 2:16 do you understand what that spicific text is saying, we all know we are saved by the grace of God, i want an answer that is “spicific” to the wording of the text. What did Paul mean by “the woks of “the” law., ” he meant something , now what did he mean by those written words? ANYONE CAN SAY GRACE AND QUOTE OTHER SCRIPTURES TO SUPPORT it,

That is your way to wiggling out of a real answer, as with other subjects we talk about here, the bodies of our resurection, because you simply do not know, right Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Is this an inquisition?

We know you are bursting to reveal what you think is the truth.

So go to it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The real answers are found in the words of scripture.

Are you not interested in the teachings of God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I sure am intrested in what scripture says, why aren’t you?, just answer what the scripture in GAL 2:16 IS SAYING THEN. YOU HAVENT ANSWERED a single part of it even though I helped you WITH IT. ARE YOU LIKE the ones who can’t figure out what Paul is saying, like the people THE Aspotle Peter was talking about? How dificult is what PAUL is saying for you NICK?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 3,081 through 3,100 (of 3,121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account