Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer, I missed what you said about John 1: 3 and Col. 1:16 it is Jehovah God who created all, but He used Jesus… FOR BY HIM..not that Jesus created it by Himself…. We know that Almighty God is all powerful and above all, even Jesus said so

Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Col 1:16 FOR BY HIM ALL WAS CREATED, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 28 2011,23:01)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,22:19)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 29 2011,15:17)
    This looks like  interesting

Hi Pierre,

It is not going to be very interesting if Mike is allowed to keep deleting posts!

God bless
    Ed J

eddy

stay fixed on the tread and answer the question and be truthful

is this not the most importing thing ?

pierre

Thank you Pierre!

What most people don't know is that the posts I deleted were imported here from the “Incarnation” thread…………….WHERE ED AND I ARE CURRENTLY HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.

One of the two he re-posted was ALREADY ANSWERED by me in the other thread.  (Incarnation thread, page 238, second post)  Why in the world would he clutter up this new thread by re-posting a question I ALREADY ANSWERED somewhere else?  ???

The other one he reposted is right on topic with the discussion we're ALREADY having in the “Incarnation” thread.  So why would he post it in THIS thread?  ???  

Besides, I already posted two scriptures for him in the other thread that show that God is NOT the ONLY being in existence who has glory.  (Incarnation thread, page 237, 7th post)

If he wants to further THAT conversation, he can copy his post to THAT thread, where we are ALREADY discussing THAT subject.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2011,08:56)
    MIke starts this whole thing off with untruths saying the Word meaning “age or eon”, that simply is not true just another 'MYSTERY RELIGIOUS TEACHINGS”

Hi Gene,

Re-read the OP. I did not say the Word means “ages”. I said the GREEK WORD used in Hebrews 1:2, which was translated as “universe”, really means “ages”.

Shimmer will vouch for this fact, as she has learned it from Young, whose translation she favors.

Now, will you address the point of this whole thread, Gene?

It seems that scriptures clearly say all things came through the Word, God's Son, AND our Lord Jesus Christ. Do you agree that this is the case, Gene?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 29 2011,16:25)
    So if it says in John 1:1 the word was with God and the word was God, and the above verses show God was alone in creating the earth, then what?

Hi Shimmer,

First of all, John 1:1 doesn't really say what you think it does. I would be happy to educate you on the common mistranslation of that scripture if you would like. We can do this in the “Freak Greek” thread, where much info has already been posted from many scholars. Let me know if you want to learn the truth about that scripture.

And secondly, who here is claiming that Jehovah alone did NOT create everything? I've surely never made that claim.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,23:26)
    To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. (Rom. 16:27)

Ed,

It is apparent that you understand this verse to be saying that God is the ONLY Being in existence who has glory at all.  You are mistaken, and I will be happy to CONTINUE showing you the scriptures that prove this in the thread where we're ALREADY HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,23:48)
    Hi Mike,

And we beheld his(The Word's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

You can clearly see that Hebrews 7:28 says “The Word” maketh the Son; right?
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    This oath that was given is in Isaiah 7:14; do you agree?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

I have already answered this exact post in the other thread………….the thread where we are actually discussing this subject.

I've asked you only ONE question in THIS thread, but as we can all see, you would rather clutter the thread than answer the question. But, just in case you change your mind and man up:

Did all things come through the Word, Ed?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:00)

And secondly, who here is claiming that Jehovah alone did NOT create everything?  I've surely never made that claim.

Hi Mike,

If you agree with me and Gene that Jehovah created everything alone,
    why do you say Jesus helped him; can't you see those ideas are contradictory?
    If I say I went for a drive alone, would you say that meant I had a passenger with me?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,23:26)
    To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. (Rom. 16:27)

Ed,

It is apparent that you understand this verse to be saying that God is the ONLY Being in existence who has glory at all.  You are mistaken, and I will be happy to CONTINUE showing you the scriptures that prove this in the thread where we're ALREADY HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.

Hi Mike,

Perhaps you misunderstood me?
    I said all glory “COMES FROM” God. So, anything
    that God creates, shows God's Glory; do you agree with this?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

Ask this question in the thread where we have already been discussing this subject…………and I will help the scriptures teach you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,18:12)
    Hi Mike,

I never said Jesus “helped” God. I said exactly what many scriptures teach: All things are FROM God, all things are THROUGH our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ed, if you won't answer the ONE question I've asked you on this thread, then don't bother asking me anymore, okay?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:09)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,23:48)
    Hi Mike,

And we beheld his(The Word's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

You can clearly see that Hebrews 7:28 says “The Word” maketh the Son; right?
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    This oath that was given is in Isaiah 7:14; do you agree?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

I have already answered this exact post in the other thread………….the thread where we are actually discussing this subject.

I've asked you only ONE question in THIS thread, but as we can all see, you would rather clutter the thread than answer the question.  But, just in case you change your mind and man up:

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to help you understand your question is inaccurate.
    Unless you allow me to illustrate why to you, you will be
    believing your own delusion; that is by not allowing
    me to illustrate why your question is inaccurate,
    you will believe I'm dodging it, and it is right?

For the record here, are you saying that you don't believe
    that Hebrews 7:28 is saying   ” “The Word” maketh the son? “

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:26)
    Ed,

Ask this question in the thread where we have already been discussing this subject…………and I will help the scriptures teach you.

Hi Mike,

If you don't want to build on our agreement that it's “The Word's” glory that John
    is speaking of in John 1:14 (which you agreed to), that's fine with me.
    I thought you were seeking resolution with me, my mistaken. :(

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2011,07:41)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,14:32)

Mike,

John 1:3 was your first point; was it not?
    I will pick apart your post, one point at a time.

God bless
    Ed J

Fantastic!  I can't wait.  :)

Seems these words have turned out to be disingenuous,
    considering your attempt to squelch the truth by deleting posts! (Gal.6:1-5)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:26)
    Ed,

Hi Mike,

I thought you started this thread to further our discussion, but I guess I was mistaken.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2011,11:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,18:12)
    Hi Mike,

I never said Jesus “helped” God.  I said exactly what many scriptures teach:  All things are FROM God, all things are THROUGH our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ed, if you won't answer the ONE question I've asked you on this thread, then don't bother asking me anymore, okay?

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to answer your question, so go with me here; OK?

Do you believe that it was determined, before the foundation of the world,
    that Jesus would be slain (as in crucified) based on what Rev.13:8 says?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,18:35)
    For the record here, are you saying that you don't believe
    that Hebrews 7:28 is saying ” “The Word” maketh the son? “

Ed,

I have answered that question very CLEARLY in the Incarnation thread. Page 238, second post.

ADDRESS IT OVER THERE, PLEASE.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,18:50)
    If you don't want to build on our agreement that it's “The Word's” glory that John
    is speaking of in John 1:14 (which you agreed to), that's fine with me.
    I thought you were seeking resolution with me, my mistaken. :(

I agreed to it then, and I agree to it now. But we are not discussing the glory of the Word, God, or anyone else here. We ARE, however, having that EXACT discussion on the other thread.

All I need from you in THIS thread is for you to either agree or disagree that all things came through the Word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..A word or the WORD did nothing the power behind those words did it all, a word is only an expression of one intellect “SPIRIT”,  God Spoke and then Preformed His word,  GOD alone Created all things, not by or through his word , but by and through His POWER he has.  Your view that a word is the creative force is false it is not, it takes far more then a words to bring about a creation. God never Created anything “Through” anyone , but by his OWN POWERS coupled with His seven SPIRITS,  He speaks and then preforms it himself. God and His WORD are one, and his word was and is with Him in the beginning and now with the same being, He is the only true GOD as Jesus said he was and all things are possible through HIM not anyone else not You or me or Jesus either. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 31 2011,08:35)
    Mike………..A word or the WORD did nothing the power behind those words did it all, a word is only an expression of one intellect “SPIRIT”,  God Spoke and then Preformed His word,  GOD alone Created all things, not by or through his word , but by and through His POWER he has.  Your view that a word is the creative force is false it is not, it takes far more then a words to bring about a creation. God never Created anything “Through” anyone , but by his OWN POWERS coupled with His seven SPIRITS,  He speaks and then preforms it himself. God and His WORD are one, and his word was and is with Him in the beginning and now with the same being,  He is the only true GOD as Jesus said he was and all things are possible through HIM not anyone else not You or me or Jesus either. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

Gene

we have discuss this and you still wandering in your dream not willing to quote scriptures for your own believe ,

because there is none that support your view,( I mean some of them and this one is one of them)

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

All things are said to have been created by God.  

All things are said to have been created by YHWH.

All things are said to have been created by our heavenly Father.

Does this mean that THREE persons have created all things?  Or does it mean that the ONE person who created all things has been called by many different names?

I'm sure that everyone here will agree it is the latter, right?

All things are said to have been created through the Word.

All things are said to have been created through the Son of God.

All things are said to have been created through our Lord, Jesus Christ.

So have all things come through THREE different persons?  Or have all things come through ONE person, who has been called by many different names?

The same answer you gave above also applies to the second part of the post.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

All things are said to have been created by God.  

All things are said to have been created by YHVH.

All things are said to have been created by our heavenly Father

Does this mean that THREE persons have created all things?  Or does it mean that the ONE person who created all things has been called by many different names?

I'm sure that everyone here will agree it is the latter, right?

Hi Mike, I agree with this point of yours!

Let's stay on track now.

God “SPOKE” everything into existence by his word

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Gen 1:2)
    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:3)
    And God said: is repeated 9 times in the book of Genesis.

The Word of God makes everything…

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by The Word of God. (Heb 11:3)
    All things were made by him(The Word); (John 1:3)

So using your logic (quoted in my post) it's pretty simple to see that “The Word” is God; right?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account