Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

This looks like interesting

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 29 2011,15:17)
    This looks like  interesting

Hi Pierre,

It is not going to be very interesting if Mike is allowed to keep deleting posts!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,22:19)

Hi Pierre,

It is not going to be very interesting if Mike is allowed to keep deleting posts!

God bless

eddy

stay fixed on the tread and answer the question and be truthful

is this not the most importing thing ?

pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 29 2011,16:01)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

pierre

Hi Pierre,

The most important thing in any thread is for us to help establish truth,
    not to delete others posts that one feels that do not affirm one's own beliefs.
    Censorship of this type should not be allowed by MikeBoll64, in a open Christian forum.
    Nick Hassan would never do such a thing, and I don't believe T8 would either; only MikeBoll64.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2011,04:58)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2011,10:59)
    No, “The Word” Fathered Jesus.

Hi Ed,

If the Word fathered Jesus, and the Word is who had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, then Jesus would have had the glory of a GRANDCHILD of the Father.  :)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Ed, it seems that you think the bolded word “his” above refers to the Father.  But it is clear from the context that this speaks of The Word's glory.  And it is clear that the Word is not the Father Himself when you factor in the impossibility of the Father having the glory of HIS OWN only begotten.  The Father has the glory of THE FATHER.  The Father does NOT have the glory of an only begotten OF the Father.  

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

And we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

Who's glory are they beholding? <– Answer this question; OK?
    The Word's glory, OK, so we are in agreement then here!
    Can we proceed then, building on this agreement?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2011,06:12)
    Absolutely, Ed!  We ARE in agreement on this.

To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. (Rom. 16:27)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,12:57)

All things were created BY “The Word” of God ALONE, because of (or through) Jesus death on the cross; do you agree?

Rom.16:27 is apparently in agreement with my first post on this page; right?

And we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

Rom.16:27 is also apparently in agreement with John 1:14 in specific; right?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,23:23)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

pierre

Hi Pierre,

Censorship of this type should not be allowed by MikeBoll64, in a open Christian forum.
    Nick Hassan would never do such a thing, and I don't believe T8 would either; only MikeBoll64.

God bless

eddy

are you now crying ?

please stand up for truth of scriptures ,

deal with it

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 29 2011,16:35)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,23:23)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

pierre

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

are you now crying ?

please stand up for truth of scriptures ,

deal with it

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Yes Pierre, I will be dealing with it; as this type of tactic has no place in a Christian forum.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the posts had personal attacks in them (regardless of the rest of the content) then they can be deleted.

In such a case, it is best to post without attacking others if the post is worth staying.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

And we beheld his(The Word's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

You can clearly see that Hebrews 7:28 says “The Word” maketh the Son; right?
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    This oath that was given is in Isaiah 7:14; do you agree?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 29 2011,16:44)
    If the posts had personal attacks in them (regardless of the rest of the content) then they can be deleted.

In such a case, it is best to post without attacking others if the post is worth staying.

Hi T8,

I re-posted both of them.
    They are the fifth and ninth posts.

God bless

Admin
    Keymaster

The fifth and ninth posts on this page or the topic?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ Aug. 29 2011,17:03)
    The fifth and ninth posts on this page or the topic?

Hi TA,

The fifth and ninth posts on page 3.
    They are on topic, as they help to
    establish who The Word really is.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi TA,

Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

This is the title of the thread.  

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If you indeed posted them in their entirety then whether I agree with them or not, I cannot see anything wrong with them as far as existing in this topic.

Pastry
    Participant

Ed!
    Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The glory of the only begotten of the Father is Jesus…. It is Jesus who became a man, not Gods Holy Spirit…. Gods Holy Spirit is in us, it did not become flesh, it is in flesh, Us…. There is the difference….

Its really simple when you think about it…. Because Jesus will come back as The Word of God and Lord of Lords and King of Kings…And smite the nation, and will teach all truths….

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Ed, there is not another being that fits this description, but Jesus…

Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2011,00:48)
    Hi Mike,

And we beheld his(The Word's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father. (John 1:14)

You can clearly see that Hebrews 7:28 says “The Word” maketh the Son; right?
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    This oath that was given is in Isaiah 7:14; do you agree?

God bless

John Gill makes sense out of this verse:

Hebrews 7:28
    For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity,…. Every word has an emphasis on it, and shows the difference between Christ and these priests: they were many; they were made priests by the law, the law of a carnal commandment, which made nothing perfect, and was disannulled; they were men that were made priests by it, and could not really draw nigh to God, and mediate with him for themselves, or others, nor atone either for their own or others' sins; and they were men that had infirmity, not natural and corporeal, for they were to have no bodily blemishes and deficiencies in them, but sinful ones; and especially such were they who bore this office under the second temple, and particularly in the times of Christ and his apostles (d):

but the word of the oath, which was since the law; that word which had an oath annexed to it, which declared Christ an high priest after the order of Melchizedek, was since the law of the priesthood of Aaron; for though Christ was made a priest from eternity, yet the promise which declared it, and had an oath joined to it, was afterwards in David's time, Psalm 110:4 and this word of the oath maketh the son; not a son, but a priest; publishes and declares him to be so: Christ, though a man, yet he is not mere man; he is the Son of God, and as such opposed to men; and therefore is not the Son of God as man; and this shows that he was a son before he was a priest, and therefore is not so called on account of his office; and it is his being the Son of God which gives lustre and glory to his priestly office, and virtue and efficacy to his sacrifice and intercession, and gives him the preference to all other priests:

who is consecrated for evermore; or “perfected”, or “perfect”; he is perfect in his obedience and sufferings, in his sacrifice, and as he is now in heaven, in complete glory; the law made men priests that did not continue, but Christ is a priest for evermore, and absolutely, perfect.

http://bible.cc/hebrews/7-28.htm

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….First of all A WORD is not what created anything ever , it was the POWER of GOD that did. A word is simply a intelligent utterance nothing more and nothing less  A “WORD” is only the expression of a SPIRIT rather of GOD or Man or Angels. A word could create nothing it is simply a spoken expression of an Idea that originates in the Mind. But the Creation of all things took more than just a word of any kind, it took the POWER of GOD who alone can speak thing into existence becasue he along has the power to enforce his words.

Jesus never took this POWER TO CREATE TO HIMSELF EVER>  Jesus is not the “WORD” mentioned in John 1:1. If John wanted us to think it was Jesus He simply would have written Jesus there, But Trinitarians and Preexistence must force the text to support their false teachings IMO.

MIke starts this whole thing off with untruths saying the Word meaning “age or eon”,  that simply is not true just another 'MYSTERY RELIGIOUS TEACHINGS” , a word is the expression of intellect  produced from SPIRIT (IN) a PERSON, nothing more and nothing less. God did not create anything through Jesus, God does not give “HIS GLORY” to any MAN. Not Jesus or any man.

God and his WORDS are one and the Same Being, this word “in the beginning” “the word was God” , God Spoke it and created it Just as he does ALL Things , He speaks and then brings it into existence He as ED J and I have said here many times DID and DOES this ALONE AND BY HIMSELF Jesus never created nor did (ANY) Miracle ever by himself nor could HE.  GOD alone is the ONLY CREATOR and there is NO OTHER> IMO

peace and love……………………………………………………………..gene

shimmer
    Participant

Mike,

Ed and Gene have some points. The verse that came to my mind was this:

Isaiah 44:24:(YLT)

“Thus said Jehovah, thy redeemer, And thy framer from the womb: 'I am Jehovah, doing all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself, Spreading out the earth — who is with Me?”

And then there is this: (Isaiah 45 – RSV)

5:”I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,  that men may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.  I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the LORD, who do all these things.  “Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may sprout forth, and let it cause righteousness to spring up also; I the LORD have created it.

18:”For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it a chaos, he formed it to be inhabited!): “I am the LORD, and there is no other”.

So if it says in John 1:1 the word was with God and the word was God, and the above verses show God was alone in creating the earth, then what?

shimmer
    Participant

And Jesus identifies who the true God is. Our God and His God our Father and His Father.
    And Jesus says the number one commandment is to love the Lord your God.
    And the Old Testement identifies that God as YHVH in the commandments.
    So it says YHVH God alone created the Heavens and the Earth and John 1:1 states the word was with God and the word was God.
    And somewhere else it says this:

Isaiah 55:9

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return not thither but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,  so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it“.

Pastry
    Participant

shimmer, when you and others understand that God is a title then you will understand that Jesus is called God, there are two Scriptures that say so….

Hbr 1:8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

But we also have to understand that both Jesus, the Word of God and Almighty God have other names….
    You gave two Scriptures that say God Jehovah and that is Hos name alone

Psa 83:18 That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Psa 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.

Psa 97:9 For thou, LORD, [art] high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

The Word of God is who became Jesus, and this Scripture explains it further

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Is thee any other being that could be The Word of God/

Also in

Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Who is the only begotten of the Father? I believe it is Jesus….

Georg has taught me that the Bible will not contradict itself…. There is always another explanation
    to any Scripture, and we should pray about, if we think there is a contradiction….
    Gods Holy Spirit will teach all of us….Peace Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account