Is Hell eternal?

This topic contains 564 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  t8 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 896

1 Cor 15:23 For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 24 But EVERY MAN in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Me: The church includes Christ and all the other members of his church that form one temple. We are the firstfruits of the spirit in 1 Cor 15:23. Every man shall be saved. All die spiritually and physically through Adam. All receive eternal life through Christ.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Me: “No more death” does not only mean from now on but from whenever death appeared.

1 Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, NOT WILLING that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Me: God is not willing that any perish, so none will. God’s will be done in heaven and on earth (Matt 6:10).

Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 896

Hi All,

Job 41:5 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

Me: We are a like a plaything to God.

Romans 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Matt 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Me: God will accomplish his will. Our wills, if contrary to his will not prevail.

New American Standard Bible
    John 12:32 “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw (1670. helkó:drag) all men to Myself.”
    https://biblehub.com/lexicon/john/12-32.htm

Me: The primary definition of G1670 is drag or force. The secondary definition is draw. God’s will shall prevail, not man’s. You will be saved whether you want to or not.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith YHWH: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Me: Everyone will be cleaned and saved in the end, one way or the other.

Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 896

Hi All,

IMO I Consider the below the best on this subject

Saviour of the World Series

https://www.godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 906
    • Total replies 19,064

t8, I never said that man did not have a will. I have spoken numerous times about how Jesus overcame his own will that of a human will, and he did it through God’s Spirit.

Can we choose God or the World? Can we choose God or money? Can we choose the Spirit or flesh? Can we choose love over hate? Can we choose light or darkness?

If so, then God made us free to choose and hence why we are judged for our decisions and actions.

Gene denies all this. Perhaps you could help him out with this one.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 906
    • Total replies 19,064

We choose God because God made us not robots, but rather influential beings, and God’s INFLUENCE and persuasion is greater than any other entity. God leads man to choose Him. As God said, “I will put my spirit within you, and CAUSE you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.” 

Influence from God is strong as you say, but so is influence of the flesh and from the world. Do not underestimate it. And this is not the same as saying that these things are as strong as God. Of course not. It just means that God gives a chance to not be overtaken by the things that seek to destroy us. Instead of being ruled by our sinful nature and the world, he provides from himself the Spirit so we can led into all truth. He is generous with the power of love to triumph over hate. He gives us what we need in order to change and be transformed.

He never lets us be overwhelmed to the point where we have no option but to give up on God. No, when we give up on God it is because we wanted to give up, and we use an excuse of some kind instead of blaming our shallow commitment. Or perhaps the pressure is greater than one’s love for God. so they buckle. When things get tough though, God raises up a standard against it, so always look out for that.

When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

He gives us prevention by leading us and a solution when the problem is present. Trust in God and trust in Jesus Christ.

Viewing 5 posts - 561 through 565 (of 565 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2019 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account