In the form of

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Further, I asked, and I got a ‘yes’. and this:

7 As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? 8 What then did you go out to see? A manb dressed in soft clothing? Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses. 9 What then did you go out to see? A prophet?c Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.10 This is he of whom it is written,

“‘Behold, I send my messenger before your face,
    who will prepare your way before you.’

11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence,d and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear,e let him hear.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Jael,

“Andrew, how did you suddenly turn on the ‘pre-existent christ’ pipe?” I wonder how Paul did? for it appears he certainly did and people have got the same idea from Paul in this passage for centuries. Were there Christians in Paul’s time that would disagree with him on Christ’s preexistence? Of course there were just like some do today,and you seem to be one.

I don’t have any set theology anymore or belong to any sect so I’m free to try and see what the biblical authors were saying with no need to force them to agree with me or each other.

“Whatever you say, and no matter how you say it, you are upholding the trinity fallacy that Jesus was Almighty God ‘in a flesh body’….!” does Paul say anything in this passage about Trinity? I don’t see that,but acknowledge the fact that he believes in the preexistence of Christ and many non trin Christians do too,because of this passage and others.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Mia,

“Sorry to interrupt, but of Course Christ pre-existed. Who would know but him, God, and those who know or knew him, so just ASK him!”

No need to apologize and glad to see you ! There’s not been many here lately. Please feel free to join the conversation.

11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence,d and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear,e let him hear.

Mia do you think it possible that as Christ who was in the form of God and was incarnated in the form of man,so too Elijah may have been reincarnated in the form of John the Baptist? Is that perhaps what you are hearing?  he that hath ears…let him hear

Miia
    Participant

Thanks you Andrew.

Yes I do believe it is possible for someone to come back, in a *way* reincarnated as someone else… or thier spirit lives on after their death (such as Elijah’s)… and then Elijah’s spirit is reborn into the form of John the Baptist.

When Christ says he was with God, in the bosom of God, I certainly believe this to be true. Then his spirit was reborn (“reincarnated”), as Jesus, and then he returned to the Father.

Miia
    Participant

And the pre-existent Christ was the closest to God. Therefore, ‘no man has ever seen God, but the one and only son, he has made him known’. Jesus did exactly what God had shown him, therefore ‘he who has seen the son has seen the Father’.

Jael
    Participant

The reference to Elijah was towards the coming Christ who, like elijah, would perform many miracles including raising the dead…

Jesus was NOT THE FIRST to raise a dead person back to life… By the way, Elisha also did the same…

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account