In the Beginning

Viewing 20 posts - 3,121 through 3,140 (of 3,162 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2013,13:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,03:37)

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2013,07:02)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,13:50)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,17:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,09:55)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,14:01)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,08:56)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,13:28)

Quote (kerwin @ June 17 2013,10:05)
    T,

For what purpose does God's spirit strive with man in relation to his lifespan?

kerwin

you tell me ???

A: Because of sin

edj

is that the purpose why ???

Without sin, there is no strife.

Edj

So for that reason men can only die at all ages ??? From baby to old age ,why is it that some live longtime and some a few months ???

Hi Pierre,

I don't know.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

EDJ

SO THE “STRIVE” IS ONLY BECAUSE ADAM SINNED ???

Yep

edj

so it has nothing to do with what kerwin as quoted right ???

if you say ;yes then explain it to me

Hi Pierre,

Strife with God causes death, not life.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,08:46)

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2013,13:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,03:37)

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2013,07:02)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,13:50)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,17:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,09:55)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,14:01)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,08:56)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2013,13:28)

Quote (kerwin @ June 17 2013,10:05)
    T,

kerwin

you tell me ???

A: Because of sin

edj

is that the purpose why ???

Without sin, there is no strife.

Edj

So for that reason men can only die at all ages ??? From baby to old age ,why is it that some live longtime and some a few months ???

Hi Pierre,

I don't know.

God bless

EDJ

SO THE “STRIVE” IS ONLY BECAUSE ADAM SINNED ???

Yep

edj

so it has nothing to do with what kerwin as quoted right ???

if you say ;yes then explain it to me

Hi Pierre,

Strife with God causes death, not life.

God bless

:(

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 18 2013,20:10)
    Mike,

I already conceded Paul may have just been speaking of the chief spirit of God.

Sorry. I must have missed that post. :(

abe
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 17 2013,12:31)
    Kerwin……..They do not understand spiritual things, Mike believes the tree of life is an actual tree, he probably also believes the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is also a literal tree. It is this lack of ability that hinders his understandings of spiritual things IMO. But what's odd, is when God say himself, that there is no other God's  but him, he doesn't take that literally.  So then he sets up his own ideology of “big God ” and “Little God”, to satisfy his false reasonings. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

Hi Gene,

Amen………………..

Peace brother.

abe
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2013,17:20)

Quote (Ed J @ June 16 2013,13:07)
    Hi Mike,

What do you believe the “Tree of Life” is then?

I haven't seen any scriptural reason to think it is anything but an actual tree – the leaves of which will heal the nations, and the fruit of which, if eaten, will endow the person who ate it with eternal life.

Hi Mike,

Prov.3:13 How blessed is the man who finds Wisdom And the man who gains understanding.

14For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold.

15She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her.

16Long life is in her right hand; In her left hand are riches and honor.

17Her ways are pleasant ways And all her paths are peace.

18She is a *Tree of Life* to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

19The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens.

Is.11:1 Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit.

2The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of
    WISDOM
    and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Rev.5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and
    WISDOM,
    and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev.22:1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the *Tree of Life,* bearing twelve [kinds of] fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Lk.7:35 But Wisdom is justified of all her children.

Peace brother…

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2013,07:27)

Quote (kerwin @ June 18 2013,20:10)
    Mike,

I already conceded Paul may have just been speaking of the chief spirit of God.

Sorry.  I must have missed that post.   :(

Mike,

Understood.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (abe @ June 19 2013,21:38)

Hi Mike,

I haven't seen any scriptural reason to think it is anything but an actual tree – the leaves of which will heal the nations, and the fruit of which, if eaten, will endow the person who ate it with eternal life.

Hi Mike,

18She is a    *Tree of Life*    to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

Hi Abe,

Is it your claim that because the phrase “tree of life” is used metaphorically, it can no longer ever refer to a REAL tree?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2013,07:00)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

18She is a    *Tree of Life*    to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

Hi Abe,

Is it your claim that because the phrase “tree of life” is used metaphorically, it can no longer ever refer to a REAL tree?

abe

Ge 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

this is what scriptures says ;and Adam eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil;

if it was not a real tree why could they eat the fruit thereof ???

Ge 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

why are they not believing those scriptures ???

abe
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2013,17:00)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

I did not say that, why do you claim I do?

Peace brother…

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (abe @ June 21 2013,11:43)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

abe

why did you give the respond ,you did ,was it to deceive ???

or what ???

abe
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 20 2013,19:03)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

abe

Ge 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

this is what scriptures says ;and Adam eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil;

Ge 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Hi T,

(Quote)

Why do You deny?

Ge 3:3 but God did say,

Ge 3:22 And the *LORD* God said,

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us,

one of us,

Please tell me who is US ?

Peace brother…

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,11:54)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

abe

or what ???

T,

You should be careful of rushing to judgement. Listen long and let Mike and Abe resolve this situation. If you want to advise Abe to calm down as Mike is only asking a question then that would be beneficial.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (abe @ June 21 2013,12:00)

Quote (terraricca @ June 20 2013,19:03)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

abe

Hi T,

(Quote)

Why do You deny?

Ge 3:3 but God did say,

Ge 3:22 And the *LORD* God said,

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us,

one of us,

Please tell me who is  US ?

Peace brother…

ABE

please answer my questions ,do not run away ,

be clear in you comments ,

terraricca
    Participant

abe

i have answered many of your questions but you never came back to them and so no rebuttal,it looks like you are more created a diversion ,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 21 2013,14:57)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

abe

or what ???

T,

You should be careful of rushing to judgement.  Listen long and let Mike and Abe resolve this situation.  If you want to advise Abe to calm down as Mike is only asking a question then that would be beneficial.

K

you may be right ,but in the context of what “abe writes ,he did not answered truthfully but use a diversion point,

and then expect others to respond ,and then come up with an question that should not be asked ,or if so EXPLAIN WHY THEN HE GIVE THE ANSWER THAT WAS EXPLAINING HIS UNDERSTANDING IN SCRIPTURES,

WORDING PLAY ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (abe @ June 20 2013,23:43)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

That is the way I understood your response to my belief that the tree of life is an actual real tree.

You posted a scripture where “tree of life” was used metaphorically, and it seemed to me that your point was that the real tree of life is also metaphorical – based on that scripture you posted.

This often happens when you don't DIRECTLY address the other person's post, Abe.  When you just post scriptures, with no comment about what you understand those scriptures to be saying, or how you think they agree or disagree with the other person's post, it is easy for others here to become confused.

In this case, I assumed you were DISAGREEING with my belief that the tree of life is an actual tree, that once grew in the Garden of Eden.

And I assumed you were trying to show me the “error of my ways” by posting a scripture where “tree of life” is used metaphorically.

Was I wrong to assume those things? Better yet, is it wrong for YOU to constantly make people work from assumptions, simply because you refuse to just come right out and say what's on your mind?

abe
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2013,16:55)

Quote (abe @ June 20 2013,23:43)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

That is the way I understood your response to my belief that the tree of life is an actual real tree.

You posted a scripture where “tree of life” was used metaphorically, and it seemed to me that your point was that the real tree of life is also metaphorical – based on that scripture you posted.

This often happens when you don't DIRECTLY address the other person's post, Abe.  When you just post scriptures, with no comment about what you understand those scriptures to be saying, or how you think they agree or disagree with the other person's post, it is easy for others here to become confused.

In this case, I assumed you were DISAGREEING with my belief that the tree of life is an actual tree, that once grew in the Garden of Eden.

And I assumed you were trying to show me the “error of my ways” by posting a scripture where “tree of life” is used metaphorically.

Was I wrong to assume those things?  Better yet, is it wrong for YOU to constantly make people work from assumptions, simply because you refuse to just come right out and say what's on your mind?

Hi Mike,

Prov.3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine Own understanding.

(Quote)

I never said that. Why do you put words in my mouth?

Peace.

terraricca
    Participant

yes abe does that most of the time ,and also ask you to explain some verses and then disappeared in the fogg ,this is most frustrating

he try i guess to show something that he is the only one to understand ,this leaves the door wide open for more frustration :D

abe
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,05:29)

Quote (kerwin @ June 21 2013,14:57)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

Peace brother…

abe

or what ???

T,

You should be careful of rushing to judgement.  Listen long and let Mike and Abe resolve this situation.  If you want to advise Abe to calm down as Mike is only asking a question then that would be beneficial.

K

you may be right ,but in the context of what “abe writes ,he did not answered truthfully but use a diversion point,

and then expect others to respond ,and then come up with an question that should not be asked ,or if so EXPLAIN WHY THEN HE GIVE THE ANSWER THAT WAS EXPLAINING  HIS UNDERSTANDING IN SCRIPTURES,

WORDING PLAY ???

Hi T,

Jam.1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Ec.7:9 Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools.

Matt.7:1 Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye? 4Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Peace…………………………………………

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……The tree of life is a metaphor,for what Gods spirit produces, and the twelve trees are representive of the twelve apostles in the kingdom of Jesus christ, and the leaves are people that will convey their instructions to the nations for the purpose of healing the nations. He that has an ear let him hear.

I absolutely can't believe Mike you believe those ( symbolically portrayed trees, ) are literal trees. Mike I would like to know if you believe the tree of Good and evil is a literal tree?, seeming you believe the tree of life is literal tree.

My basic understanding of a Tree in scriptures is that which produces from self The “twelve” apostles who at the time of that prophesy, will have eternal life (in) them, and reign judging the twelve tribes of Israel, and will produce “from theirselves twelve manor of fruit and what is attached to them are the tribes of Israel (symbolically leaves) will be for the healing of the nations. This is how I understand it.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,121 through 3,140 (of 3,162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account