I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people

This topic contains 56 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  t8 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 900
    • Total replies 18,529

Wikipedia is interesting. While I use it a lot, I do bear in mind that many editors are Atheist.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,684

Hi T8,

What is it about atheism?

False beliefs are far more dangerous.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 900
    • Total replies 18,529

Atheism is a false belief and one of the most dangerous.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

Hi.

The capital of Israel is Jerusalem but Jerusalem is now heavenly according to scripture (I shouldn’t have to list all the scriptures of the New Testament if you know the bible). 

The flesh verses the spiritual?

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

Regarding Jacinda Arden… She and labor (and aunty Helen!), care more about the poor of New Zealand… Christ’s will is towards the poor.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

This verse regarding Jerusalem being a burdensome stone is old testament, hence before Christ came. That’s not to say something big won’t happen in Israel…..

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,977

Hi Miia,

Certainly you don’t think the Jerusalem that is from above
    is a burdensome stone for all people; do you?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,684

Hi Miia,

Politics is of the world.

Let the dead bury the dead.

My kingdom is within you.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

Very true Nick.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

This bible study sums it up well (link to follow because I’m on mobile)..

Because of Abraham faith. The question is what nation did God promised Abraham, really?

Is it nation of Israel in the Middle East or Covenant Israel through Abraham’s seed? Our authority is Scripture, so we go there for answer :

Heb 11:8-10

• By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    • By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    • For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

But Abraham died without actually receive a nation. But Abraham knew what he was looking for:

Heb 11:13-18

• These all died in faithnot having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, andconfessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
    • For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
    • And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
    • But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
    • By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
    • Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

This is a great nation where Abraham’s seed shall be called. Not physical city. Not physical country. Not physical nation.

Gal 4:25-28

• For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
    • But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
    • For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
    • Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all, is HOLY NATION that Abraham was talking about! Through Abraham’s seed, Jesus Christ, everyone who are saved, are the children of promise and will receive the Holy Nation. Aren’t we already in Holy Nation in Christ?

1Pe 2:4-10

• To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
    • Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
    • Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    • Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    • And stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    • But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
    • Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,684

Hi Miia,

Also Eph 2.19f

and Rev 21.10f

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

From the same author (link is above):

Jerusalem – A Burdensome Stone!

Zechariah 12:3

• And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all thatburden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”

It’s the allegorical story of two Jerusalems. One earthy, of this world and the flesh carnal, and remains at war with all around her–and one Spiritual, not of this world but of heaven, which s not carnal and has been comforted and is at peace. Yes, this passage points to judgment upon the earthly Jerusalem for sin, but also symbolism and imagery regarding their efforts at work to build and carry this city themselves, and their rejection of the unburdensome Stone as the Spiritual foundation of that building.

Psalms 127:1

• …Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”

A Spiritual Nation, a Spiritual City, a Spiritual Temple, all with Spiritual Jews. This is what the nation of Israel and their facsimiles the Dispensationalists don’t understand about prophesy. Briefly, this all speaks of the earthly stone that men are laden with vs the Spiritual stone that is no burden to them. The burdensome stone represents something oppressively heavy. Jerusalem is this burdensome stone because its people (as they still do today) attempt to build and uphold the nation of Israel, the Holy City Jerusalem, and the Holy Temple and bear it by their own efforts.

Mar 12:10

• And have ye not read this scripture; Thestone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

The Jews are the prophesied builders who by their own means and their own hands want to build earthly nations, kingdoms, cities, and Temples, foolishly thinking this is what prophecy requires and what God desires. And this is the great weight of Jerusalem that was and still is truly oppressing both them and every Zionist that is connected with this philosophy. By contrast, Christ is the Jerusalem that is a “Burden-less Stone” and is not heavy or oppressive to its people. Indeed He came as the foundation Stone of the builders that He might relieve their burden, but they (like the Dispensationalists who sprang from their root) want nothing to do with a Spiritual Israel, and are obsessed with a temporal land, Jerusalem, and Temple. In other words, Christ came as the Stone that would give them rest from these heavy burdens that no human could carry on their own, and they refused that type of Stone, that type of Messiah, that type of Kingdom. Take for example what Christ said in Matthew chapter 11:

Matthew 11:28-30

• Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    • Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    • For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Jesus Christ is the Stone whose burden is light as compared to the burden of earthly Jerusalem because He does all the heavy lifting Himself. Christ is the burden-less stone that the builders (Jews) rejected. And that rejection means thatthey had to bear the heavy burden of sin themselves. Something mankind cannot do, and anyone who tries will come under God’s judgment. That’s why Christ came as the Spiritual nation, the Spiritual Israel, God’s “true” only begotten Son called out of Egypt, the Spiritual Jerusalem from above, the Spiritual city of Peace, the Spiritual Holy Temple wherein we can enter into the true holiest of Holies in a Spiritual way through His flesh

Heb 10:19-21

• Having therefore, brethren, boldness toenter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
    • By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
    • And having an high priest over the house of God;

For some reason, this Spiritual understanding of God’s truth offends many. However, it is in this Spiritual Jerusalem only that God’s chosen people may cast off that heavy and burdensome stone. Selah! For they think of Prophecy in earthly / worldly terms as concerning the people residing in a plot of dirt in the middle east. Consider the prophesy of Christ’s coming and the language of this Spiritual Jerusalem that will learn war no more:

Isaiah 40:1-3

• Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
    • Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished,that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.
    • The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.”

This Jerusalem represents the ELECT PEOPLE of God, NOT physical city of Jerusalem, who will study war no more because they are the Jerusalem that is Spiritual and comforted of God. Again, It is NOTearthly Jerusalem, or the physical city in Israel that finds Peace and safety, it is the people of this burdenless Stone. These are two distinct and separate Jerusalems, as diverse as Hagar and Sarah and the Covenants with Israel that they represented.

One Jerusalem Christ wept over and prophesied its desolation:

Matthew 23:37-38

• O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    • Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.”

The physical stones and buildings of Jerusalem did not kill the prophets. It was the PEOPLE, the CONGREGATION of God, the body of Christ. This Jerusalem is the burdensome stone that has been cast down, and remanins at war with God, who has brought its people to desolation for their rejection.

However, the other Jerusalem God has forgiven and comforted and made peace with. Selah! She is the True Israel of God, a Holy Nation, a holy City, a Holy Temple, not made by the work of men’s hands, but made without hands. This Jerusalem has a burdenless foundation stone whereupon we build, and it is this Stone that brought His people’s rest and peace with God. The burdensome stone Jerusalem is surrounded with armies because she never has any peace and once the True Stone was rejected, God sent judgment upon it.

How ironic that a Holy City of God whose name means “Peace” would be found in captivity and at war wherein she was left desolated and in bondage/captivity with her children even to this day, while the Jerusalem which is from heaven would be set free and brought everlasting peace and safety. The allegory of the two groups is striking, but clearly understandable through Spiritual eyes opened by the power of the Revelator.

Galatians 4:23-26

• But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of thefreewoman was by promise.
    • Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Hagar.
    • For this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
    • But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.”

Here God illustrates the two Jerusalems. One of the flesh, a burdensome stone, represented by Hagar, at war with God and so remains TODAY in bondage with her children, along with pre-millennialists and Zionists. The other from above set free from spiritual bondage/captivity by the Lord Jesus Christ and brought peace. This is the Jerusalem whereupon the Israel of the flesh stumbled upon in God’s judgment.

The excitement from among the premillennialists in regarding the recognition of physical Jerusalem as a capital of National Israel last week by our president Trump is nothing. The city is still a burdensome stone for the blind Jews, for all people, even premillennialists who attempt to build and uphold the physical nation of Israel, the city of Jerusalem, and their attempt to build a “third” temple and bear it by their own efforts. They will be disappointed.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

Thanks Nick, I’ll take a look.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 1,491

Sorry about all the copy pasting, I was studying the subject 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account