Free Will?

Viewing 6 posts - 3,821 through 3,826 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……. you’re a real snake in a bier patch,  instead of all your sneaking and dodging around the subject I was addressing , and dealing with , you very cleverly shifted away from the scripture that say plainly , that “GOD TEMPTS “NO” MAN,  James 1:13-14,   “Let no man say when he is tempted , I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, “NEITHER TEMPTS HE ANY MAN”; but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lusts, and I enticed”.

But , YOU SAID , IT WAS God who tempts us.   Proven wrong again Carmel !

peace and love to you and your Carmel……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

Let’s establish definitions!

Free will– the ability or discretion to choose; free choice. A person’s natural inclination; unforced choice.

So in other words we are free to use our own will to make our own choices, do you agree?

So now let’s talk about our own wills, the will of any individual.

A person’s own will is established and subject to change according to factors that are in large part out of a person’s control. Those factors include your own genetics and all that influences or affects a person since the moment they were conceived until the day they die. Our wills are also largely affected by our previously made choices.

“Free will” represents the freedom a person has to use their own will to make a choice, but a person’s own will does not itself at all represent freedom, it is shaped through many factors and influences that have been out of a person’s control. 

The very fact that we have a mortal body that hungers and has to feed itself in order to live is a primary example that a person’s own will is not free, it is bound.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: But , YOU SAID , IT WAS God who tempts us.   Proven wrong again Carmel !

Me: WHERE IN MY POST DID I EVER SAY OR EVEN MEANT THAT PLEASE?

Temptations are incessant, and they are PERMITTED by God,

AS IN THE CASE OF JOB,

to justify that we are God’s children in Christ and SPIRITUALLY destroy the devil’s work THAT COMES FROM THE FLESH, BY HIS OWN WORK,

TEMPTATIONS THEMSELVES,

through Jesus’ process of salvation of our souls, A TASK WHICH WAS NOT POSSIBLE IN THE OT AS HUMAN WERE SPIRITUALLY DEAD SUBJECT TO THE CARNAL LAW OF MOSES.

EVERY EFFORT WE DO TO IMITATE JESUS WE RECEIVE CRACES!

Read again, please, and don’t remain stubborn IN YOUR REASON!

Thus, temptation purifies our souls when we choose

what is right. (REJECTION)

Temptations are very profitable to man, troublesome and grievous though they may be,

for in them a man is humbled, purified, and instructed.

If we never encountered struggles or faced our vices, as JESUS DID,

then we wouldn’t necessarily see the value of what is good, beautiful, and true.

I can’t really love God unless

(THROUGH MY OWN FREE WILL )

I choose to reject what I know offends him and what will separate me from him.

Temptation, then, aids us in acquiring JESUS’ virtues

that are most lacking in our lives.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

YOU SAID,  NOT ME…………..13 And lead us not into temptation.
    But deliver us from evil. Amen.

Gene, literally speaking, (JESUS SAID NOT ME)

GOD LEADS US INTO TEMPTATION!

NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU MAKE OF THE ABOVE WORDS BY JESUS?

I AM WAITING, WHO KNOWS?

I responded that interruption was wrong,  why? ,  because James said God tempts no man,  and I even quoted the scripture where James said that (not me).

So later when you denied ever saying Jesus said “GOD LEADS US INTO TEMPTATION!” ,  the above quote FROM YOU, shows you are clearly lying.

Peace and love to and yours Carmel………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning All,

We are not robots nor puppets, we are given the freedom to make our own choices, but choices are made through what has influenced us, of which there is much therein that we did not have control over or say in. 

We also are NOT self-righteous, just as Jesus said, “only God is good”, the fruit of His Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. He calls us to Him, He gives us of His Spirit and it INFLUENCES us, it LEADS us in the way that we should go. His calling is irrevocable, because His influence over us is a greater power than all other influences, otherwise He is not our Almighty God able to predestine us, able to fulfill His own prophecies, able to fulfill His plan that is according to His will.

Psalm 73:22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Hebrews 8: 6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Paul is speaking from Ezekiel 11, 36 and 37 and he speaks to this even more in Hebrews 10 as well.

Ezekiel 36: 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Without God we are foolish, we are ignorant, we are likened to beasts.

We have displayed that left to our own imaginations and devices all we are capable of doing is producing lie upon lie.

From our imaginations we have produced absurd superstitions to sophisticated lies. We are easily brainwashed to believe in the most ridiculous things and as well, fooled into believing more cunning deceptions. Our Almighty God conquers overall as His influence far exceeds that of any other power held over people. The power of His Spirit to lead us in the way that we should go is greater than all other forces. 

Romans 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had AFORE PREPARED unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

We choose God because He first chose us and His calling is unstoppable for the power of His influence supersedes overall!

Proclaimer
    Participant

I wonder how many of you care about free speech and free thought?

If you do not believe we have free will, then these are not possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 3,821 through 3,826 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account