Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,541 through 3,560 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

YOU:

None of these negates his origin.

He came in the flesh to become one of us, so we could be born again and become like him, the son of God.

ME:

The origin/genesis of Jesus we are told in Matthew 1 is him being of Abraham and David’s genes.

When Jesus was sent upon the Spirit resting upon him, where the people beheld HIS glory, the people were not hearing Jesus but the words of God, the people were not witnessing Jesus’s will but the will of God. All that which Jesus did and said upon being sent, he might as well have just been God himself, but he wasn’t he was a man anointed with God’s Spirit to do God’s work in God’s stead. This Jesus of anointed flesh from his baptism was sent being in the form of God, but guess what, he could actually do nothing of himself, he was also like that of all men as he could be tempted like all men, 

Him that we are to become is said to be a Son of MAN returning in the glory of his Father. He that we are to become was said to have been made perfect through learning obedience. He that we are to become is said to be a man raised from the dead first having received the promised Holy Spirit.

carmel
    Participant

Hi t8,

YOU: He came in the flesh to become one of us,

I WISH YOU WOULD BE MORE HONEST AND TRUE.

JESUS WAS NOT ONE OF US, CURSED DEAD AND SATANIC! 

Hebrews2: Wherefore, it behooved him in all things

(before he came, PREEXISTED,  IT BEHOOVED HIM  IN ALL THINGS)

to be made 

like (NOT ONE OF )

unto his brethren,

that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest before God, that he might be a propitiation for the sins of the people. 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

He came in the flesh thus he was a man.

Do you not believe that Jesus Christ came in the flesh?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The origin/genesis of Jesus we are told in Matthew 1 is him being of Abraham and David’s genes.

Still doesn’t negate his origin.

If he was born like us into this world, then yes he will have a genealogical history like all of us. Except of course, his is special because of who he was and is.

But that exists and is in line with his origin.

Proclaimer
    Participant

He wasn’t born being a king, but they called him that because of prophecy, where they believed he would eventually become a king.

He was the king. Just takes more time for some to realise it.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

the origin of Jesus is announced in Micah 5

Mic.5

[2] But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;

I) In the time of the Old Testament Micah announces that from Bethlehem he WILL COME (future time) THAT (Jesus Christ) who WILL DOMINATE (future time) over Israel …

II) Micah also says that the ORIGIN of the ONE WHO WILL COME from Bethlehem goes back to ancient times, to the days of eternity. (Before all things)

………………DAYS OF ETERNITY(origine of Jesus Christ)……..CREATION OF ALL THINGS………………………..PROPHECY OF MICHAH…………….rule of the Messiah……….

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..what do you mean “that dosen’t negate his origin, that “is” his orgin.  Did not Jesus himself say “I am the root and offspring  of David”. 

That to me is your biggest problem T8, your not seeing Jesus as a total human being comming into his “only existence”,  “exactly as we do” in “everyway”,  he is a truly perfected human being, an “exact example”  of what we all need to become, inorder to have a true relationship with God the Father, we must receive the same Spirit of GOD,  inorder for us to take his life into us, that’s what it meant by,  “drinking his blood “, we must also “eat his flesh”  ( take to ourselves his flesh sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins )  we must do both of those things.

Jesus lives in us by the same Spirit that lived in him, which is the Spirit of truth , which we and he received from the Father. 

Jesus is one of us humans, always was and always will be,  don’t let Satan decieve you, by his false teaching of the “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION”  that nearly all Christanity has fallen for.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

more on Jesus’s origine

Michah 5:2

John 1

[15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh AFTER ME  is preferred BEFORE ME:  FOR HE WAS BEFORE ME .

JESUS WAS BEFORE JOHN the Baptist with respect to its origin.

In the same way, Jesus said of Himself: BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM

THE PRE EXISTING SON OF GOD /THE WORD/  WAS BEFORE ABRAHAM.

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean and All

Micah 2:5 is not a passage about the Messiah pre-existing in no way shape or form, We are being told that the prophecy below was an already given prophecy, a prophecy declared from ancient of days. 

2:5But you, O Bethlehem of Ephrathah, who are one of the little clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to rule in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.

The coming forth in the future of one from the clan of Judah we are being told is not a new declaration, the coming forth of a Messiah had been told already from ancient of days.

Genesis 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh come: And unto him shall the obedience of the peoples be.

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I’d really like to be able to actually discuss WHAT the SCRIPTURES ARE ACTUALLY saying, you just IGNORE the specific detailed content, like it goes in one ear and out the other, as well as ignore the direct connections among passages. 

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, he that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

preferred – Ginomai, to become

before – Emprosthen, in front, in the presence of, in the sight of,

before – Protos, first in time OR FIRST IN RANK

BELOW is what JOHN was saying, which is completely evident from what he says also in the other verses in this chapter, and as well from the truth given to us from other passages elsewhere, 

This was he of whom I spake, he that cometh after me IS TO BECOME in thy sight: for he was first in rank.

The very next passage speaks of that RANK of Jesus, how he is before John, for by a MAN of David’s seed God would raise up a savior bringing forth grace. Then later passage by John, John is declaring that which Jesus BECOMES, a Son of God. 

16 And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred (TO BECOME) before (in the sight of) me, whose shoe’s latchet I am not worthy to unloose. 28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a MAN which is preferred (TO BECOME) before (in the sight ofme: for he was before (of rank ahead of ) me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose. 26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. 

Berean, THE WORD of salvation is unto a MAN who God anointed with His Spirit, and John declared of the MAN who received of God’s Spirit, that it is he, who is God’s Son.

Seriously, it is pure ridiculousness to believe that at the moment the Spirit descends upon Jesus and declares this man to be His Son, we are suppose to believe it has nothing to do with that Spirit placed upon him, but to believe he is being called God’s Son because he pre-existed as a Son who God sent to earth to be a man. 

You honestly don’t see the foolishness Berean???

The Spirit comes down upon the man Jesus and at that moment HE IS declared to be God’s Son and we read that it is THEN that this Son is SENT. There is no pre-existing son SENT from heaven to earth Berean. The bread from heaven is this flesh that God rests His Spirit upon and then sends. This bread is from GOD, thus from heaven. This bread is SENT from God, thus sent from heaven. 

The purpose of the Spirit you are directly told placed upon Jesus is for him to be SENT to set us at liberty by shedding his blood. God’s promise was to raise up from David a savior. God’s WORD that He spoke that God said that He would perform was for a man to execute his purpose that God had declared before the world began, eternal life. THIS man brings LIFE, this man is the LIGHT of the world BECAUSE God rested His Spirit upon him and directed all his ways.

When God created all things as you are told BY HIMSELF ALONE, He did it by reason of and for THIS MAN. How the truth could not be spoken more clearly as we are given the END, the glory that was OF God declared from the BEGINNING. We read that it IS a Son of Man sitting at God’s right hand, and it is a Son of Man coming in the glory of his Father.

Now how IS a Son of Man a Son of God being of God’s glory? He is a man who has the Spirit of God ALL in him. God through him has promised to be ALL IN ALL, why Jesus is said to have been raised from the dead fulfilling God’s promise where God begat him, where he received the promise of the Holy Spirit, where the son of David is called God’s Son according to that Spirit by his resurrection from the dead, where he is a firstborn of the dead.

Berean, what you do is interpret passages that make other passages into words of vanity, emptiness, but all of God’s WORD is for understanding and is to be applied.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

You’re gonna get sick from resisting the simple biblical truth. It is useless to take long shifts especially to deny the divinity of Jesus. If Jesus was only human he could never have been the mediator between God and man, because to be a mediator between God and man and men you have to be on both sides. (DIVINE AND HUMAN)

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:If Jesus was only human he could never have been the mediator between God and man, because to be a mediator between God and man and men you have to be on both sides. (DIVINE AND HUMAN)

ME: Berean you are giving your own theology, this is terrible, as it is directly against scripture. 

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

MAN- anthropos HUMAN BEING

Our mediator to the ONE GOD is the HUMAN BEING the ANOINTED JESUS. SIMPLE BIBLICAL FACT I BELIEVE and YOU not only DENY but teach otherwise producing CHRIST into a FALSE IMAGE, ANTICHRIST.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, BECAUShe hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Your savior that was sent Berean to be your mediator to our God is a HUMAN who God ANOINTED and THEN SENT.

37 The WORD, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God ANOINTED Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: WHO WENT about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Berean, the ONLY person who saves us is our ONE GOD TRUE GOD, and He did it by ANOINTING the HUMAN BEING JESUS of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, making him a savior for us.  

Without God the HUMAN BEING JESUS was worthless, as he could do NOTHING OF HIMSELF. Think about that Berean, as it turns your theory into foolishness not even close to the truth.

God didn’t send a divine Son to earth to save us. God anointed Jesus begetting him with the fullness and power of His Spirit, an ANOINTING, and THEN he sent THIS begotten Son, THIS anointed HUMAN BEING, into the world to bring forth life everlasting.

JESUS could do nothing of himself, that does not equate to being a divine Son that needed to be sent to earth to save mankind. 

God our Lord, you are told created all things by HIMSELF.  His OWN DIVINE WORD, spoken by the prophets, spoken by HIM before the world was, was made true in the flesh of the human being, Jesus of Nazareth. 

BY God’s SPIRIT we are saved, by the operation of God unto Jesus whom He anointed with that Spirit we have LIFE evermore. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Jodi, you seem to focus on one aspect, Jesus humanity.

But the full picture is this:

He came from God and was with God in the beginning.

He emptied himself and became a man (came in the flesh).

Now he is in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos.

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

And what kind of body will we have?

One like his. We will be like him. He is the son, we are sons.

This message is scriptural and doesn’t come from my own imagination.

And because this topic is about free will, I better say this:

You can choose to believe these things written in scripture or not.

Your choice.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You are perfectly

RIGHT.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not of one:

but God is one.

For a human to be a MEDIATOR between GOD and MAN

HE MUST BE  GODMAN.

A HUMAN BEING ONLY IS NOT JUSTIFIED FOR GOD

BUT FOR MAN ONLY

And since GOD IS 

ONE

ONLY JESUS CHRIST IS JUSTIFIED!

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Isaiah 61:1The spirit of the Lord is upon me,

IS UPON ME  Jodi is in the SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE A REFERENCE TO THE PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE: ETERNAL)

JESUS PRE-EXISTED

because the Lord hath anointed me: he hath sent me to preach to the meek,

HATH ANOINTED ME 

HADTH SENT ME 

The above Jodi are in the PRESENT PERFECT TENSE, AN ACTION INITIATED IN THE PAST AND CONTINUED IN THE FUTURE.

Jodi, JESUS PRE-EXISTED

THAT’S WHY YOU POSTED LUKE’S NOT

ISAIAH 61:1

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU:JESUS could do nothing of himself, that does not equate to being a divine Son that needed to be sent to earth to save mankind.

Jodi, REDEMPTION  IS A

TOTAL DIVINE INTERVENTION

THE SON “THE WORD” SPIRIT, OFFERED HIMSELF  Isaiah 6:8, 

THE FATHER PROVIDED JESUS’FLESH Genesis 22:8, Hebrews 10:5

GOD,

THE FATHER AND THE SON IS OUR SAVIOUR

YOU: JESUS could do nothing of himself,

GOD ALMIGHTY COULD DO NOTHING BY HIMSELF FOR HUMAN REDEMPTION!

The only DIVINE OPTION WAS THAT

THE SON BE BORN AS A HUMAN, THE FATHER COUDN’T HE WAS TOO POWERFUL!

THE SON DIES, THE FATHER COULDN’T

THE KINGDOM OF GOD,  IS OF THE SON, NOT OF THE FATHER.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered to me by my Father.

And no one knoweth the Son but the Father:

neither doth anyone knows the Father, but the Son,

and he to whom it shall PLEASE the Son to reveal him.( IN HIS

EMBODIMENT)

NO FATHER NO SON, NO SON NO FATHER!

Berean
    Participant

Micah 5:2
    is a messianic prophecy like those of ISAIAH or others.
    It clearly states that the origin of the Messiah goes back to eternity.

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Jesus, before coming to earth
    to HIM ALSO
    MADE A TERRIBLE CHOICE….

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:(Hebrews 10:5)

Berean
    Participant

Hi Carmel  Good post

Thanks for calling me back.
    Galatians 3:20

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, ancient of days.

goings forth – Mowtsa’ah

origin, place of going, out from

the ruler in Israel isn’t going out coming from being a spirit son existing before, he is going out coming from being of the tribe of Judah.  

Keep it straight, the ruler comes out from Judah PERIOD, it doesn’t say out from heaven having pre-existed and then out from Judah.   You don’t get to change what the ruler comes out from, it’s JUDAH.  

That coming of one out from the tribe of Judah has been told since the days of old since ancient of days. 

I gave you direct scripture that confirms such for a fact. Long prior to Micah, before time began on earth actually, such was spoken where one would come forth out from Judah to be a ruler in Israel. 

Berean, APPLY this below passage and stop ignoring what you are directly told, and instead apply it so that when you read other passages you have the perspective of TRUTH, an accurate understanding.

READ God’s word, below you have a man declared from the beginning who will execute God’s purpose, he is a ruler who brings salvation in Zion for Israel’s glory.

Isaiah 46: Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: 13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,541 through 3,560 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account