Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

WE Christians should live by the will of God to be accepted.
    We can choose our own will;but with own consequences.Eve was tempted, however she made up her own mind
    to eat of the fruit or not to eat.
    We are all created individuals with our own minds.
    We are not created robots.We are created in the image of God.

Only Jesus has the key of hell and death.

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
    Death will be conquered, when satan is put into the lake of fire;then death is conquered.
    There will be no more death to anyone. O death,where is your sting?
    Jesus first conquered death,when He was resurrected from the dead.
    But that was Him alone,the first one.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

You do not make sense for all men are born in the sin of Adam

Scripture does not say that and so it seems to be a teaching of men. Do you know why you believe that?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene, T8, and anyone else that is concerned,

Those that drawn to Christ by God are drawn because they hunger and thirst for righteousness. If a person hungers and thirst for anything a feast that provides that thing will draw them. God provides the feast, Jesus is the way. It is not about free choice it is about a person’s deepest desires and the one that can fill those that pant to be like God in true holiness and righteousness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..The way it is written it does imply it is “impossible” to go to Jesus without the Father causing it to happen. Your words are not in alignment with those scriptures but you are making a case for your false assumptions of a person by his “own” so-called “freewill” efforts can do it on his own and as a result can take credit for his own salvation by his “own” so-called freewill choices. All freewillers want to be connected to God by their own freewills, but fact are you would never come to God or his righteousness by you own so-called freewill choices.

Let’s look at some scriptures that show a man’s own choice has nothing to do with salvation. What does the apostle Paul say about the salvation process.

Rom 4:4-8….now to him that works (by his own freewill choices) is the reward not reckoned of GRACE, but of debt.5 but to him that works not, but believes on him that justifies the “UNGODLY”,HIS FAITH IS COUNTED FOR RIGHTIOUSNESS.6 Even as David also describes the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputes righteousness without works, 7 saying Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Our salvation Is a Matter of GRACE, and if it is a matter of GRACE, THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO GET “ALL” THE CREDIT AND THAT IS GOD FROM START TO FINISH.

We are all like computers, let me explain what I mean by saying that T8. (A ANNOLOGY), A computer has a basic built-in operator system it comes already preprogrammed, it also has a hard drive which can be programed and can store data and access it at anytime , we in some way are like that also, we are born with a basic operation system called our brain which function by its basic ability to process information and store it, but as time passes we have data of all types and kinds of memory stored into our minds some good and some bad, now if the computer becomes corrupted with bad files, it must be purged by removing the wrong files and data stored in it, but as a computer can not completely have it files removed without changing the hard drive, neither can we be cleaned without a change of our memories stored also, or as said “the renewing of our minds” the master programmer God the Father must remove the bad data and restore us to our original state , remember when Jesus said unless you become as a little child, you in no wise shall enter the kingdom of God. All things must be made new again., just as God said “behold I make all things new”. Remember I said I was just using this as a annalogy, so don’t go sideways on me ok?

Also something to consider , remember God said that He would remove our hard hearts and Give us hearts of flesh (soft hearts), and He would also write his laws in our inward parts, and then we would became his people and He our God. Where is there any mention of a so-called “freewill” choices there when He does that.

God knows we are not going to change on our own in fact we can’t no more then a leopard it’s spots,or an Ethiopian his skin, so He alone has to recreate us to conform to his will for us by changing our hearts and mind. Therefore it says, “God work’s in us “both” to will and do of “HIS” good pleasure.” The us there is a converter person. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………. .gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

t8

what i understand of that scriptures is that any men that hears the voice of God’s message and is drawn to it and so believe for he would chose to do so and be saved for that is the grace and promise of God and his son

what God does he make sure that those who are likely to listen to the message find it ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……If what you believe is the case, then there could be no predestined people , JOHN THE BAPIST, Jesus, King Cyrus, Jeremiah the propet, Moses, Isaac, and on and on it goes, it’s all crap shoot, and all up to us, God is not truly in controll of his creation. When he said Jacob have I loved and Esaw have I hated, even before they were born was not true right?, because it is was all up to their “OWN”, so-called “freewill’s”. God can not make vessels of mercy or vessels of wrath, himself because it is all and completely up to us what we will become apart from God, because God is to weak to save or he figures we know best for our ownselves, or he chooses to just all all human to choose based on their own knowledge and “freewills”. That is SC Avery weak God you seem to be believe in Pierre.

The whole example of life is to prove it is impossible for anyone to choose correctly from his own “captivated” will, a will the is far from being free of “ITSELF”. YOU AS WELL AS T8 and others, are confusing our liberty to exercise our “Captivated wills, with the WILL’S themselves being completely free. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

again you do not understand scriptures and of cause what are the products of righteous people ,first look at the parents of John the baptist ,why do you think they were chosen by God ? you have not changed your live and your heart enough to understand that people can purify themself with the truth of God ‘JUST DEVODING YOUR SELF TO GOD ,JAMES SAYS SUBMIT TO GOD ,OR OBEY GOD ,IT SEEM YOU REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS ,

IT MEANS GET RID OF THE “I” AND THE “ME” IN YOU AND LIVE FOR THE OTHERS FOR THE WILL OF GOD ,SOME CANNOT DO THAT ,BUT THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM ,WE HAVE TO LET GO OF THIS WORLD BEFORE WE GET WELDED TO IT BY OUR VERY OWN WILL ,

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

If what you believe is the case, then there could be no predestined people

That has more to do with God’s foreknowledge than whether or not humans have free will.

The other thing it has to do with is that God choose when and where each of us is to be conceived and born because he is our creator.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……bottom line is that our own so-called wills there are supposed to be free don’t exist. Because no, not one will is altogether free. Again as I have said over and over here I am not talking about God allowing us to exercise our “Captivated” will, but the actual wills themselves. Common sense tell us that if a will was truly free, it would not even be a will ,will denotes desires, and desires are the result of our minds and how they work, no scripture says our will are themselves free of influnces so how could they possibly be truly free. That is why the only mention in scripture does not reflect the will ‘itself”, but a liberty to exercise that “influenced” will, that volunteers to do something, but does not address the will itself, nor the “reason” the person willed it.

The whole concept of wills “themselves” as being free is false. The word “freewill” is an OXYMORON, why because no such wills exists, the word FREEWILL actually counteracts itself. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

carmel
    Participant

God is not truly in control of his creation.

Gene,

GOD IS NOT ONLY IN CONTROL OF CREATION,

BUT HE ALSO ABIDES ENTIRELY IN IT AS HIS VERSATILE BODIES, WHETHER IF THEY ARE HOLY OR EVIL, AND HE IS ITS  ENERGY ! HE ALSO DOING WHATEVER WE OPT TO DO, NO MATTER WHAT, UNLESS WE IN THE TRUTH ALLOW HIM TO DO HIS WILL IN US!

SO IT’S EITHER GOD’S WILL  IS OUR WILL!

OR

OUR WILL NO MATTER WHAT, IS GOD’S WILL!

SINCE HE ALLOWS IT!

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

as clear as crystal!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….So you believe these people were all products of “rightious” people right?

Rom 3:9-12…….> What then are we better then they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are “ALL” under sin.10, There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. 12, They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good NO,NOT ONE.

So what “rightious parents are you talking about Pierre?, that predetermined the wills of those people would choose God’s way ,and if they were predetermined then they were certainly not “freewills”, now we’re they?

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

K

The other thing it has to do with is that God choose when and where each of us is to be conceived and born because he is our creator.

this seems not right to me ; for it is not God that make you have 1,2,3,4,5,10, kids it is you

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

`lCarmel……where did you get the idea I think God is not in controll of his creation, I never said that, thats what “freewiller’s” believe not me. I believe God is in complete controll of all his creation and always will be.

Peace and love to you and yours……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….have it your way brother, I believe there is no such thing a will that is completely free.

Peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Terricca…….So you believe these people were all products of “rightious” people right?

nothing is so far from my believe ,never preach nor said that ;

but i know the difference between children conceived by godly parents and ungodly parents ,please look into it

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

There is at least one Scripture that seems to show there is no such think as free will but you are not using it to make your case.

Instead you use a radical definition for free will that even those that support the idea that human beings have free will do not not except as random will is not free will. A human being’s will us not free from the one whose will it is.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….I may have overlooked it, or just simply not thought about it. Please post it brother for us all to see.

Pease and love to you and yours………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene/ Kerwin

DT 30:19 “ I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

now tell me how can we chose between “LIFE AND DEATH” IF WE HAVE NOT THE FREE WILL TO DO SO ?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Romans 9:22-23Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

That is a relevant verse as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account