Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Dig4truth
    Participant

In the following 1 minute video you might be able to see a problem with a vacuum enviornment.

Ok, this is the ISS, and this is the ISS in a vacuum, any questions?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike….I am not toiling with my math concerning the pathagram theram, it is exactly right and does prove the earth is round, no matter if it is used from a tangent line outside the cricle or used from a radius line, they both prove the earth is round. That math is even 8th graders understand that. Because you seem to not be able to understand that simply equation does not mean others don’t.

A level laser beam shot over ten miles also prove the earth curves, just like a ship going “straight” out from shore also provers it. The photos made from outer space by the thousands if not millions also proves it.

Mike you simply have brought into idoits, who deny any real proofs, and the ones the can’t deny they, call “conspiracies” . You have not even, in the least proven there was or is a so-called “conspiracy theory” that existed then or now? Nor have you proven the earth is flat either.

Your idea of proof, is to deny real proofs, and except conspiracy theory lies. A complete waste of time IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dig4

Are you still laying your foundation of doubt, suspicion and conspiracy theories

so as you can build your bizarre flat earth doctrine on it?

We have moved on.

Admin
    Keymaster

@nickhassan

An invition to join the conversation at the Flat Earth society might have been better.

A more appropriate venue for such an odd subject.

Not so Nick. We test all things here regarding scripture. It is good to test the theory with scripture and science or at least our own observations. If this theory is incorrect, then we have a chance to debunk it.

Hi Mike,

I rarely read much of what you post now.

I have no interest in your personal obsession.

If that statement were true, you would not choose to discuss this topic with Mike. Yet I see more posts from you afterward. But if you are correct, then one can only assume you are here to antagonise because you enjoy doing that. Which is it? You are being divisive or you are still reading what Mike is saying? Really, what other explanation is there?

We have moved on.

Then move on Nick. Leave it to others who want to discuss this. Problem solved. Let’s see what you next move is. Test your own heart in this matter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Try not to get drawn into personal attacks.

Correcting and rebuking is your habit.

But there are greater options.

We learn here so why not listen to others?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….when a person tries to disprove what not only i , but thousands if not millions have proved before, and then tries to convence us that all that proof is a lie and complete fabercation a conspiracy, Thats like another person i know, who say the vapor trails jet engines give of in high flight are not really vapor trails, they are chimical trails, because our government is trying to control the populations by killing us off with alumium oxcide, so those arn’t vapor trails but aluminum oxide trails never mind no one has yet died from alumium oxide yet in the senenty years of those trails. Another conspiracy theory, there is no end to this type of garabge. They play on the simple and superstious people, sending them down endless rabit holes.

I would sujest to Mike he by a ticket next year for a ride to outerspace on the new space modules being “now” built for personal flights to outer space. I wounder how these flat earth people wil get around that, i am sure they will some how by come up with another conspiracy theory. Lol

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Miia
    Participant

I’m actually disappointed, Nick. I thought I’d present a few simple pieces of evidence that anyone can consider and test for themselves, and that it would bring a respectful, thoughtful back and forth discussion. That’s what I expected from the people I’ve grown to know on this site. That hasn’t happened, and it makes me a little sad, to tell the truth. Ed hasn’t joined in. Gene is too busy arguing about math he doesn’t understand, and images that he couldn’t possibly confirm actually came from space. You haven’t even tried to carry on a rational conversation about the things I’ve been presenting. miia seems to have gone mia. And Kathi can’t even bring herself to show up here and discuss the things I’ve presented. And that’s the one that hurts the most… when a person is so headstrong about the story they’ve been indoctrinated into that they won’t even spend a minute or two looking at the observational evidence.

I was hoping this would be a case of iron sharpening iron – like we all did on scriptural issues in the old days. I guess I was wrong, and it hurts a little. Oh well, at least T8 is up for the rational back and forth I thought all of you guys would be up for. And Andrew has also made some thought-provoking posts.

Hi Mike I’m still here and reading when able, just been so busy. I’ll have a proper read… as soon as i get some time, which might be this afternoon.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Dig4truth…..brother don’t get draged into these rabbit holes, the earth is not flat, but round as the other planets are in space.

They say conspiercy, conspiracy, but offer not good reasons for it, saying we made a deal with Russia, for grain purchaseses is just a crock of you know what. Try looking at the spirit that draws these suspicious fruit cakes in, its not t h e spirit of a sound mind that denies absolute sound proof and very provable research.

DO THE MATH, APPLY IT TO OUR EARTH, WORKS OUT PERFECTLY FROM A RADIUS POINT OR A TANGENT POINT, Simple math proves the flat earth therioies is not true. They show you a ship going cross wise in the nothern or southern hemisphere and try to say the a ship going “straight” out from those hemisphere on a latitude line does not drop according to t h e earths curves, the same applies to the equatorial line at the 24000, mile cerconference lines, it all mathematically works out and proves the earth is not flat, it a giant sphere traveling through spacem just as Newton proved over 300 hundred years ago and has been proven ever since. Our space agencies still used his math to calculate our space travels even to this date, and it still works.

GAUARD YOURSELF FROM THESE VAIN PERSUITES, they go no where and only serve as a distraction, IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hi mila, nice to meet you. Thanks for your response.

I found some some interesting things to read if you have the time. link at end

The Suez Canal connecting the Mediterranean with the Red Sea is 100 miles long without any locks making the water an uninterrupted continuation of the two seas. When constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles.

The London and Northwestern Railway forms a straight line 180 miles long between London and Liverpool. The railroad’s highest point, midway at Birmingham station, is only 240 feet above sea-level. If the world were actually a globe, however, curving 8 inches per mile squared, the 180 mile stretch of rail would form an arc with the center point at Birmingham raising over a mile, a full 5,400 feet above London and Liverpool.

The Lieutenant-Colonel Portlock experiment used oxy-hydrogen Drummond’s lights and heliostats to reflect the sun’s rays across stations set up across 108 miles of St. George’s Channel. If the Earth were actually a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Portlock’s light should have remained hidden under a mile and a half of curvature.

If the Earth were truly a sphere 25,000 miles in circumference, airplane pilots would have to constantly correct their altitudes downwards so as to not fly straight off into “outer space;” a pilot wishing to simply maintain their altitude at a typical cruising speed of 500 mph, would have to constantly dip their nose downwards and descend 2,777 feet (over half a mile) every minute! Otherwise, without compensation, in one hour’s time the pilot would find themselves 31.5 miles higher than expected.

If Earth and its atmosphere were constantly spinning eastwards over 1000mph, then the average commercial airliner traveling 500mph should never be able to reach its Eastward destinations before they come speeding up from behind! Likewise Westward destinations should be arrived at thrice the speed, but this is not the case.

[Think about this one. Either the bullets that leaves a high powered gun needs to be corrected for earth’s rotation (as is commonly said) and the airplane also needs to be corrected (which oddly enough is said not to be the case) – or they don’t.]

If the Earth and its atmosphere were constantly spinning Eastwards over 1000mph, then clouds, wind and weather patterns could not casually and unpredictably go every which way, with clouds often travelling in opposing directions at varying altitudes simultaneously.

Samuel Rowbotham’s experiments at the Old Bedford Level proved conclusively the canal’s water to be completely flat over a 6 mile stretch. First he stood in the canal with his telescope held 8 inches above the surface of the water, then his friend in a boat with a 5 foot tall flag sailed the 6 miles away. If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference the 6 mile stretch of water should have comprised an arc exactly 6 feet high in the middle, so the entire boat and flag should have ultimately disappeared, when in fact the entire boat and flag remained visible at the same height for the entire journey.

In a second experiment Dr. Rowbotham affixed flags 5 feet high along the shoreline, one at every mile marker. Then using his telescope mounted at 5 feet just behind the first flag looked over the tops of all 6 flags which lined up in a perfectly straight line. If the Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference the flags should have progressively dipped down after the first establishing line of sight, the second would have descended 8 inches, 32 inches for the third, 6 feet for the fourth, 10 feet 8 inches for the fifth, and 16 feet 8 inches for the sixth.

From Washington’s Rock in New Jersey, at just a 400 foot elevation, it is possible on a clear day to see the skylines of both New York and Philadelphia in opposite directions at the same time covering a total distance of 120 miles! If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, both of these skylines should be hidden behind over 800 feet of Earth’s curvature.

It is often possible to see the Chicago skyline from sea-level 60 miles away across Lake Michigan. In 2015 after photographer Joshua Nowicki photographed this phenomenon several news channels quickly claimed his picture to be a “superior mirage,” an atmospheric anomaly caused by temperature inversion. While these certainly do occur, the skyline in question was facing right-side up and clearly seen unlike a hazy illusory mirage, and on a ball-Earth 25,000 miles in circumference should be 2,400 feet below the horizon.

From Genoa, Italy at a height of just 70 feet above sea-level, the island of Gorgona can often be seen 81 miles away. If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Gorgona should be hidden beyond 3,332 feet of curvature.

From Genoa, Italy at a height of just 70 feet above sea-level, the island of Corsica can often be seen 99 miles away. If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Corsica should fall 5,245 feet, almost an entire mile below the horizon.

From Anchorage, Alaska at an elevation of 102 feet, on clear days Mount Foraker can be seen with the naked eye 120 miles away. If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Mount Foraker’s 17,400 summit should be leaning back away from the observer covered by 7,719 feet of curved Earth. In reality, however, the entire mountain can be quite easily seen standing straight from base to summit.

The Statue of Liberty in New York stands 326 feet above sea level and on a clear day can be seen as far as 60 miles away. If the Earth were a globe, that would put Lady Liberty at an impossible 2,074 feet below the horizon.

In 2003, three University Geography professors collaborated in an experiment to prove that the state of Kansas is indeed actually flatter than a pancake! Using topigraphical geodetic surveys covering over 80,000 square miles it was determined that Kansas has a flatness ratio of 0.9997 over the entire state while the average pancake, precisely measured using a confocal laser microscope comes in at 0.957, making Kansas thereby literally flatter than a pancake.

[That one is just fun!]

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

Miia
    Participant

Hi. Thanks for the link and info, Dig4Truth. It’s rather interesting.

Ed J
    Participant

mikeboll64: Post #823026

Ed hasn’t joined in.

Hi Mike,

Yes I did. I gave you my personal observation…

At approx 20 mi distance at 30 feet height you can see 2/3 of the Sears Tower.

And you (or someone else) said 117 feet of curvature.
    Google says the Sears Tower is 1,729. So considering
    the heights of all the structures between the points,
    my observation is probably not a very good one.

But I have another: there was a straight train track for about 3 miles.
    Then curved. The light appeared at the horizon. Probably not a good test either.

Good seeing you back Mike. I try to
    keep posts small so people will read them

Miia
    Participant

I’m only up to page 13 of this thread 🙁

But, here’s a video I want to watch later

Ed J
    Participant

D4T: Boy, if we thought the tower of Babel brought everyone together then what must we make of the new World Wide Web or www, or in Hebrew vav, vav, vav, or in numerical value 666?

Waw/Vav (wāw “hook”) is the sixth letter of the Semitic abjads, including Phoenician wāw Phoenician waw.svg, Aramaic waw Waw.svg, Hebrew vav ו‬, Syriac waw ܘ and Arabic wāw و (sixth in abjadi order; 27th in modern Arabic order).

Vav in gematria represents the number six, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 6000 (i.e. ותשנד in numbers would be the date 6754.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waw_(letter)

That is some great info I had never heard. You hear that, Eddy? Dig4truth is speaking your language now.

Hi Mike,

Funny how when you looked into my research objectively,
    YOU found that “God’s” was in the AKJV Bible 26 times:

Same as the Gematria value of “God” in English and “YHVH” in Hebrew.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey guys, I’ll try to catch up tomorrow or Saturday.  I was busy tonight piecing this 1:45 video together for you guys (and working on another one for later).  I’m clipping the crap out of good videos to make them short enough that you guys might check them out.  Go ahead, invest a couple of minutes…

Who can deny?

Dig4truth
    Participant

That’s funny Mike, I just attempted to link to this video, which I really liked, but the iPad had a glitch and the post was lost. But you came and saved the day! Well done on the vid! I even went and watched the full length video and a pretty bad attempt from a debunker. That wasn’t very convincing to say the least. It really just confirmed some of the facts! Oh well, people gotta do what they’re gonna do.

Keep ’em coming!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why can’t Flat Earthers track the sun with a telescope to the otherside of the disc?

On the globe earth things can be seen that should not be able to be seen.

On the FE things that cannot be seen are beyond visibility. (Limitations, there you go)

There is a vanishing point beyond which no one can see on either model. This may be extended by atmospheric conditions but it cannot be overcome in the visible spectrum. (Limits, hey did I just make sense?)

But but but, what about the sun. It is so bright that surely with a telescope you should be able to track it beyond the horizon and to the otherside of its orbit around the disc right? While it may eventually hide behind hills in many cases thus disappearing out of view, there are also areas with no obstruction or no obstruction for a much longer length. That would mean when you use a telescope to track the Sun (without looking directly into the scope of course) you should be varying lengths of when the sun disappears based on the varying lengths of the obstruction that blocks the sun out. From New Zealand you should be able to see the sun from Alaska right? Why don’t FEs try that out and prove it to themselves?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick has moved on, not

One gets the feeling that Nick doesn’t want this topic here on Heaven Net, but the simple solution for him is to just not engage in this topic.

An invition to join the conversation at the Flat Earth society might have been better.

A more appropriate venue for such an odd subject.

Then  he says that he hardly ever reads Mike’s posts anymore.

Hi Mike,

I rarely read much of what you post now.

I have no interest in your personal obsession.

Yet Nick is still answering Mike’s posts which is strange proving that he reads his posts and is sengaging in a topic that he feels should not be in Heaven Net. Makes you wonder if Nick’s comments were indeed true. He then further says:

We have moved on.

But obviously he is still here. lol. I knew it and I guess everyone else did too. He hasn’t moved on at all, he is still here. Nick, what are your words worth? You make these promises and get us all excited and then let us down. lol.

Proclaimer
    Participant

What to do if you lose your post

That’s funny Mike, I just attempted to link to this video, which I really liked, but the iPad had a glitch and the post was lost.

Hitting the back button usually brings you back to the post you were working on. Modern browsers have learned to store your data in such an event.

Another thing you can do if your post is particularly long is to select the whole post and copy. That way if you lose it, you can paste it in on your next attempt.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick might have turned over a new leaf

Nick said:

Try not to get drawn into personal attacks.

That would be great Nick. Accusing people is not the smartest thing a Believer can do. Of course, I will continue to moderate the forums and also rebuke and reproof using scripture to test all teachings and assumptions.

I think it was Mike who said:

I’m actually disappointed, Nick. I thought I’d present a few simple pieces of evidence that anyone can consider and test for themselves,

You have high expectations. lol.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Auroras again

Neither can I. So since we are unable to personally verify the stories we’ve been told about Antarctica and auroras, it’s best we leave them behind for now, and focus on things we are able to personally verify, don’t you think?

Mike, I am going to chalk one up for the Spherical Earth with this one simply because the same phenomena is observed in both poles, while the Flat Earth has one North Pole and no South Pole, thus two completely different places and yet the same phenomena. In other words, the Globe Earth has a simple answer, while the Flat Earth needs a complicated one.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account