Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 3,221 through 3,240 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I don’t think so. I had a look on Google Earth some time back and noticed some hills that could be in the shot.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And are those hills over 5370 feet tall?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I would have to take a look. You also need to consider their distance. They might be on the near side of the curve.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, there’s supposed to be 5473 feet missing from Ruapehu, right? And those hills are sticking up for maybe the bottom 1000 feet of Ruapehu at that scale. So that means those hills have to be about 6500 feet tall. Are there hills like that on North Island?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Probably correct if those hills were very close to Ruapehu. The only significant hills are about the half way point.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Mike.

I did a screen capture of Google Earth showing the more significant hills between Ruapehu and Paekakariki. As you can see, the mouse is hovered over a peak that is 600m above sea level while surrounding peaks are sort of between 300-500m. The location of these peaks is about two thirds of the distance between the camera and subject so that needs to be considered.

Ruapehu-foreground

map-points-ruapehu

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good work. I’ll take a closer look later.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene, can you make it through a half hour video?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, I started with that video and the bubble argument doesn’t hold water for me. How do you know these are water bubbles? There is zero proof.

You know that space contains dust right? So I googled it and cosmic dust exists and it obscures objects that astronomers wish to observe. Once when infrared astronomy began, dust particles became less of an obstruction and more significant as they give scientists clues about our solar system.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Water curves and the math for Earth’s curve is wrong

I offer this video as much better watch than the above video.

You only need to invest 20 minutes to watch it and it makes way more sense. It challenges some of the things you guys mention a lot such as 8 in / mi2. and water finding its level.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Go back to the first vid. Then consider that two astronauts have almost drowned in space due to water filling their helmets. Google it. Then consider that one astronaut, when asked by a member of the audience, said the “bubbles” were flecks of paint that had broken off the ISS. Okay… but now consider that whatever they are, they can’t zig zag and move all different directions in space. If they really are flecks of paint that broke off the ISS, they will continue moving in the same trajectory the ISS was moving at the time forever.

And now you’re ready to watch a YouTube video by a guy named p-brain that’s called “No u-turns in space”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……I just find it hard to believe you actually have fallen for all this flat earth stuff and all the other garbage that goes along with it.  Are you just choosing to let yourself be deluded or you just  really can’t help it?  Decievers can make things seem true if you follow their  distorted reasonings,  while at the same time rejecting plan scientific facts,  given you by highely edited scientists , from all around the world,  nearly every nation , many nations have their own space programs and none of them counterdict each others findings.

Problem is you listen to people who have little or no true scientific proofs, but you close off yourself from, the tons of scientific proof clearly being shown you and everyone else nearly everyday.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……A  challenge  for you,  your video started of by saying they had to be carefull with water because of the electrical equipment on board the space ship.  If they were using “pure water, which I believe they were,  it would not cause any electrical problems, why?   Because “pure”water does not “conduct” electricity.  Now there you go a “real” scientific challenge for you,  does pure water h2o conduct electricity?

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Honestly, I never have these issues you speak of. It could be your own connection. 

Are you able to see that there are post numbers missing on the page?  As in my posts were already posted and accepted by your server… but then disappeared?  My connection is not the problem.  The original posts just fine, but then if I have to edit it, it won’t post the second time.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

For example, Gene’s last post was #802, right?  The next post on the page is mine, at #805, right?  What happened to posts 803 and 804?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Now there you go a “real” scientific challenge for you,  does pure water h2o conduct electricity?

Yes, it does.  Besides, what you’re saying goes against the one ISS astronaut who said, “Water is also very dangerous on the space station, because we have a lot of electricity, so we have to be very careful not to spill it.”  The 25:08 mark of the video.  So why do you suppose he’d say those words, Gene?  That’s your challenge.

Btw, I’m glad you made it that far into the video.  Were you able to learn anything else along the way?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  As you can see, the mouse is hovered over a peak that is 600m above sea level while surrounding peaks are sort of between 300-500m.

So the PEAK of the TALLEST one is a little less than 2000 feet… and we can see a bunch of those hills in your photo, right?  And we can see Ruapehu between the foreground hills, right?  So even if we could only barely see the PEAK of the TALLEST one, we are only missing less than 2000 feet of Ruapehu.  Ball math calls for 5473 to be missing, right?  So right there we’re seeing 3500 feet more of it than we should be, because we can see it between the shorter hills, right?

Of course we’re NOT seeing just the peak of the tallest hill in your photo, are we?  We’re seeing quite a bit of those hills… including the much shorter ones you say are 300-500 meters, right?  So let’s say we’re seeing just half of the tallest one in your photo.  That would mean we’re seeing all but about 1000 feet of Ruapehu itself between those short hills.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene and T8, another challenge for you guys…

If a fleck of paint chips off the ISS, what direction will it go?  If the “bubbles” are “space dust”, what direction will they go in the video?

Of course my point is that you say, “Whatever direction they were already going, because there is nothing in outer space to cause any object to do rapid zigzag movements, u-turns, or any change of direction at all.”

What is your actual answer?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Go back to the first vid. Then consider that two astronauts have almost drowned in space due to water filling their helmets. Google it. Then consider that one astronaut, when asked by a member of the audience, said the “bubbles” were flecks of paint that had broken off the ISS. Okay… but now consider that whatever they are, they can’t zig zag and move all different directions in space. If they really are flecks of paint that broke off the ISS, they will continue moving in the same trajectory the ISS was moving at the time forever.

There are always conspiracy theories that do a convincing job of enticing you to believe them and people who smoke marijuana are particularly susceptible. However, there is nearly always a counter theory that makes more sense when all things are weighed up. It’s the same with God. Many theories out there sound very good and entice you to believe that there is no God. There is Evolution, there is the Big Bang, and the something from nothing notion. But when you weigh it up, it fails. Same goes for Flat Earth and other theories.

As for astronauts drowning, well we know they trained underwater. As for them taking their helmets off on the moon, we know they trained in Area 51 or where ever else. It’s easy to link training photos or videos as pass them off as official NASA footage of the actual moon.  And if you come back is no they weren’t training videos, then why should I believe you, I mean really, Saying something like that is just not evidence.

As for the flecks of paint coming off the ISS, well things like this can happen if you are doing maintenance on the station, but going on hearsay doesn’t do it for me. I want to hear proof that this is was indeed an astronaut, then I would likely weigh that up in the astronauts favour rather than believe that they were actual bubbles. In other words it comes down to the testimony of an astronaut who claims to have been there (and still could be wrong) over a Flat Earther on Earth looking at a YouTube video and concluding it is air bubbles. Sorry to say, but that sounds like pseudo science.

At the end of the day, all you have Mike is a bunch of points that are often riddled with mistakes and misunderstandings, but most of all, you have no single Flat Earth model that makes 100% correct predictions on heavenly bodies, eclipses, seasons, distances, Coriolis Effect, auroras, etc.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So the PEAK of the TALLEST one is a little less than 2000 feet… and we can see a bunch of those hills in your photo, right?

Pay attention Mike, This is simply conjecture. You were trying to find out if there were any hills merging into the mountain. I merely pointed out these mountains existence. It could turn out to be lower peaks closer to the camera instead or perhaps there are no hills merging into the mountain. There are other possibilities. If you are trying to trip me up on this, then that just looks like  a desperate attempt to win a debate by a desperate Mike who has resorted to something his opponent hasn’t even bought into.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,221 through 3,240 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account