Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 6,417 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay. Now do the other thing.

Sharp2edgedsword
    Participant

T8 I LOVE You!!!! AGAPE

Proclaimer
    Participant

ἐπιδυέτω

Ephesians 4:26 V-PMA-3S
    GRK: ἥλιος μὴ ἐπιδυέτω ἐπὶ τῷ
    NAS: do not let the sun go down on your anger,
    KJV: not the sun go down upon your
    INT: sun not let set upon the

That’s all I need to do Mike. The Epistle to the Ephesians was written in Greek.

Greek is an independent branch of the Indo-European family of languages, native to Greece, Cyprus and other parts of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Black Sea. It has the longest documented history of any living Indo-European language, spanning more than 3000 years of written records.
    Wikipedia

Why do I need to convert this into Hebrew and then derive it back again to Greek then to English? I only need to take the Greek word and convert to English and ‘down’ plus ‘set’ is what it means. This also concurs with what we see visually. Do you not trust your own senses or something? Why believe those who tell you that it isn’t going down when you can cleanly see with your own eyes that it is going down. Okay. my last point is highlighting the irony of not trusting our senses because we see a flat earth.

To recap. The sun goes down according to the Bible and this agrees with the Heliocentric Globe Earth model and doesn’t agree with the Flat Earth model.

Another thorough debunking.

canofwhoopass

Dig4truth
    Participant

Why just use one verse? Where is the second witness?

Why wasn’t the word “katabaino” used as in Mat 24:17?

katabaino from kata (2596), down, and baino, to go or come.

Mat 24:17 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why do some people in English say that the sun sets as opposed to the sun goes down. Perhaps because the word ‘sets’ has the word ‘down’ built into its meaning and is more specific.

Further, the main point about it is not that it goes down, but that it is the end of the day. So ‘down’ is less used because that word is stressing that meaning only.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Why do I need to convert this into Hebrew and then derive it back again to Greek then to English?

Because that Greek word is used by the LXX scholars to translate the Hebrew word “bo”.  And the Hebrew word “bo” means “to come” or “to go”.  Now look at all the Bibles that translate a word that literally means “to come” or “to go” as something different because of their heliocentric bias.  Notice that only the very last one – Young’s LITERAL Translation – translates the Hebrew word as it is… with no added bias.

New International Version
    When the sun goes down…

New Living Translation

When the sun goes down…

English Standard Version
    When the sun goes down…

Berean Study Bible
    When the sun has set…

New American Standard Bible 
    But when the sun sets…

New King James Version
    And when the sun goes down…

King James Bible
    And when the sun is down…

Christian Standard Bible
    When the sun has set…

Good News Translation
    After the sun sets…

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    When the sun has set… 

International Standard Version
    When the sun has gone down…

NET Bible
    When the sun goes down…

New Heart English Bible
    When the sun is down…

GOD’S WORD® Translation
    When the sun has set…

JPS Tanakh 1917

New American Standard 1977 
    ‘But when the sun sets…

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Brenton Septuagint Translation
    and the sun go down…

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And the sun is down…

Darby Bible Translation
    and when the sun goeth down…

English Revised Version

Webster’s Bible Translation
    And when the sun is set…

World English Bible
    When the sun is down…

Young’s Literal Translation
    and the sun hath gone in

https://biblehub.com/leviticus/22-7.htm

Now check out this site – which translates the Greek works of Homer…

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0057:entry=du/w2

For that Greek word, this scholar lists “go in” (like YLT), “enter”, “towards the West”, and a bunch of other things.  I saw that “towards the West” in one of Strong’s or NAS concordance too.  And this isn’t taken from Hebrew.  This is just a ancient Greek scholar defining words in the writings of Homer.  But right there, the scripture you’re so proud of could simply be saying “don’t let the sun go away in the West while you’re still angry”.

Now this guy also has…

4. of Sun and Stars, sink into [the sea], set,

But do you see what he’s done?  The word can’t possibly MEAN both “go in” AND “sink”, right?  He’s just taking context and adding his understanding to it.  Since HE believes the sun and stars “set”, he’s simply translating that bias onto a word that actually and literally means “go in” –  just like every Bible above did except for YLT, which translated it LITERALLY.  Can you really not understand this?  The Hebrew word most definitely doesn’t MEAN “set” or “go down”.  It means “go in” like YLT has it.  But when the other translators know the context is talking about the sun “going in”, they add their own belief that the sun “sets” and so translate it that way.

I’ll give you another example from this Homer scholar…

II. of clothes and armour, get into, “Ἀρήϊα τεύχεα δ.” Il.6.340, etc.; κυνέην δ. put on one’s helmet, 5.845; “δῦ δὲ χιτῶν᾽”

See what he’s done there?  The word doesn’t literally mean “get into” AND “put on”.  It literally means “go in”.  It’s just that in our day, we don’t say, “go in your clothes” or “go in your motorcycle helmet”.  We say “get into” your clothes and “put on” your motorcycle helmet.   Understand?  The word clearly doesn’t MEAN “put on”.  He’s just making that up based on the context instead of translating it LITERALLY, like YLT did.

And here’s another…

3. abs., εἴσω ἔδυ ξίφος the sword entered his body, Il.16.340; δύνει ἀλοιφή sinks in (where however βοείην may be supplied), 17.392:—Med., “δύουπάλιν” Ar.V.148.

See – he did it again.  When talking about things being stabbed into someone, the word LITERALLY means “went in his body” – just like the sun “went in“.  But then he adds his own bias of a sword “going in” a body, and adds the whole new meaning of “sinks in”.

And one last one…

III. of sufferings, passions, and the like , enter, come over or upon, “κάματος . . γυῖαδέδυκεν” Il.5.811; “ὄφρ᾽ ἔτι μᾶλλον δύη ἄχος κραδίην” Od.18.348; “ἦτορ δῦν᾽ἄχος” Il.19.367; “ὀδύναι δῦνον μένος” 11.272; κρατερὴ δέ ἑ λύσσα δέδυκε madness is come over him, 9.239; δῦ μιν Ἄρης Ares, i.e. the spirit of war, filled him

See?  Once again the word actually MEANS “come in”.  But when Homer writes of madness coming in someone – this guy adds the meaning of “come OVER“.   And when the spirit of war comes in someone, this dude thinks it’s okay to add the meaning of “filled him“.

I sure hope you’re getting the picture here.  Your entire “sinks down” meaning is simply biased translators trying to make the translation relate better to their intended audience.  For example, if someone asks you what the Spanish phrase “de nada” means, you’d likely say it means “you’re welcome”… because it’s what they say when you say “gracias” or “thank you”.  But the words don’t literally MEAN “you’re welcome”.  They MEAN “it’s nothing”… as in “don’t worry about it, it was nothing for me to do that for you”.

But look at this Google page… https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+de+nada+literally+mean&gs_ivs=1#tts=0

Big and bold right at the top they say de nada LITERALLY means “you’re welcome”.   So do you understand what I’m saying now?  The Greek word “duno” has the “meaning” of “sinks” simply because it’s used of a sword “sinking into” flesh and the sun “sinking into” the sea.  In reality, the word simply means “come in/went in”, etc.

Look at that Homer translation page I linked.  I only listed 5 or 6 of the 2 dozen different “meanings” he gives a simple word that literally just means “come in”.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The New Testament wasn’t written in Hebrew.

It was written in Greek.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Another rocket launch near where I live

Photo taken (not by me) on Monday.

This hoax you Flat Earthers believe in is very elaborate.

If I was trying to hide the Flat Earth from people, I would simply make up fake stories of people dying 100% of the time at a certain altitude or in space. That way I wouldn’t need to spend trillions and get millions of people involved in an ongoing risky and expensive hoax that would surely be uncovered.

rocket-launch

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…..If you stand on the earth it does look like the sun goes down, but we  are turning and it only appears like that to us, so the sun  is truly a sunset, rather we turn away from it’s visibility and causes us to think the sun is going down it doesn’t matter, to most , but the fact is,  we are turning  away or spinning around and away and into  it’s rays hitting us.  I think everyone knows that, don’t you?  Light and dark are constantly changing as we spin on our axis, so are our seasons as we circle the sun also.

I still can’t believe you don’t understand that, thats like common sense 101.

Mike tell me, if 10,000 people took a ride on a space craft around the earth and back , would then believe the earth is round? Now what I’d you yourself took a trip also around the earth in a space craft, would you t h e believe it?

I have a feeling you still would not believe the earth is indeed round even if you had all those proof, given you.  You may have shifted you reality so much You can’t even comprehend the truth being given you over and over.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Some locals from the suburb I live in took these. I doubt they are part of a global conspiracy.  Just ordinary people using a decent telescope on a clear night and who extend an open invitation to see for yourself. Clearly you can see globe planets and they even said that Jupiter’s four Galilean moons were crystal clear. But because we cannot point a telescope at Earth from Earth, that means its flat? So Earth is the only flat planet because of sun rays and eclipses while the others are globes. Such nonsense especially because eclipses are absolutely impossible on a flat earth and only work in the heliocentric globe model.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  The New Testament wasn’t written in Hebrew.  It was written in Greek.

Which of the following is most faithful to the meaning of the Hebrew word?

New International Version
    When the sun goes down

New American Standard Bible 
    But when the sun sets

Young’s Literal Translation
    and the sun hath gone in

It is the latter, because that’s what the Hebrew word actually means.   The “goes down” and “sets” are translations from people who think in their own minds that the sun “going in” is the same as the sun “going down” or “setting”.

You say forget the Hebrew because “duno” is a Greek word, right?  Okay.  Are you vaguely familiar with the famous Greek poet Homer?  How about his most famous writings, Iliad and The Odyssey?   Okay, his writings were in the Greek language… no Hebrew involved.  And he used the word “duno” thousands of times in his GREEK writings.  This is from an English scholar (link in my previous post) who has made a “concordance” of Homer’s GREEK writings – much like Strong did with the Hebrew and Greek texts of the Bible…

A.  cause to sink, sink, plunge in…

B.  get or go into… 

Those are the first two basic meanings listed in his lengthy information about that one Greek word “duno”, and then he extrapolates greatly from there.

So can you honestly admit that “go in” is one of the POSSIBILITIES of translating that same word in Ephesians 4:26?  YES or NO?

Can you honestly admit that “go in” would match perfectly with the YLT translation I listed above?  YES or NO?

Proclaimer
    Participant

ἐπιδυέτω

Ephesians 4:26 V-PMA-3S
    GRK: ἥλιος μὴ ἐπιδυέτω ἐπὶ τῷ
    NAS: do not let the sun go down on your anger,
    KJV: not the sun go down upon your
    INT: sun not let set upon the

That’s all I need to do Mike. The Epistle to the Ephesians was written in Greek.

What does Hebrew have to do with Ephesians 4:26?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Definitions of the GREEK word “duno” (no Hebrew involved whatsoever)…

A.  cause to sink, sink, plunge in…

B.  get or go into… 

Source:  http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0057:entry=du/w2

Screenshot…

Screenshot (3)

Can you see it now?  Can you see A: cause to sink, and B: go into?

This lexicon has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible, or with the Hebrew language.  So I ask you again…

Can you honestly admit that “go in” is one of the POSSIBLE translations of the word in Ephesians 4:26 that we are talking about?  YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  What does Hebrew have to do with Ephesians 4:26?

I was showing you the intent of the WRITERS of the scriptures – and the bias of the English translators who had been taught all their lives that the sun “sets” over a ball.  So out of 35 English translations that render that verse as “goes down” or “sets” – there is only one that renders it as “the sun hath gone in“.

And when you check the Hebrew, the actual meaning of the word is “go in”.  So how did 34 other translations (most compiled by dozens of different scholars) get a translation of “go down” or “set” out of a Hebrew word that literally means “go in”?  Do you understand yet?  Where on earth did all those translators even get the idea of the sun “going down” or “setting” out of a Hebrew word that meant “go in”?  FROM THEIR BIAS!  Although they know the Hebrew word means “go in” (and translate it as such many other times), in their own minds, a sun “going IN” refers to a sun SETTING.  So the Hebrew word has nothing to do with SETTING, but these guys bring their own worldview into the translation, and thereby change the entire meaning of what the Hebrew writer actually wrote.

Maybe you’ll take off the blinders if I hit a little closer to home…

John 1:1 NET Bible
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

So because of that translation, you and I can now rest assured that Jesus truly IS fully God, right?  Are you now a Trinitarian because of that translation, T8?  Or do you suspect there just might be a little bias going on that is based on the translators’ personal worldview?  So what’s the next step?  Just sit back and accept it because a biased translator ADDED a word that isn’t even it the Greek manuscripts?  Or do we dig a little deeper?

How about this one…

Colossians 2:9 King James Bible
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So with the addition of this other scripture, you and I can truly rest assured that Jesus is God Almighty now, right?  I mean, it says “Godhead” right there, right?  So there you have it in black and white.  Because a translator rendered a certain Greek word as “Godhead”, Jesus is now truly God Himself, right?  Are you good with that?  Are you a Trinitarian now?  OR… do you dig a little deeper and discover that the word “Godhead” in that verse just might smack of a little bias brought into the scripture based on some translator’s worldview?

Are you finally able to understand?  Are you playing dumb… or are you really this daft?  So when we see 34 Bibles rendering a Hebrew word that actually means “go in” as “goes down” and sets” – and one Bible rendering the word with the correct meaning – is that one Bible wrong and all the others are right?  Or do we dig a little deeper and find out what the Hebrew word actually means… thereby discovering that ALL of the “goes down” and “sets” translations have forced their own biases into the Hebrew text, and have rendered an English word that doesn’t actually convey the true meaning of the Hebrew one?

So what the Hebrew has to do with it is show you how translators biased by their own belief in a heliocentric world will add that belief INTO the Hebrew (or Greek) text when the original writing had nothing to do with that belief, or that translation.

So in Ephesians, if the word truly can mean “come in” OR “sink into” – then who are you to say that the “sink into” is the only possible thing the writer could have meant?  In fact, who is any expert scholar to say that “sink into” is the only possible translation – when they could have just as accurately rendered it as “don’t let the sun go in while you’re angry“?  You do realize that these scholars you’re quoting lived more than a THOUSAND YEARS after anyone was using the koine Greek language, right?  So one more time…

Can you honestly admit that “go in” is one of the POSSIBLE translations of the word in Ephesians 4:26 that we are talking about?  YES or NO?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…..the fullness of the God head did and dose dwell “in” Jesus, but that is not the same as saying Jesus “is” the God head that dwells “in” him, That’s your rendition, but the truth is God  who is “a Spirit”  can “indwell” anyone he choses to, but that does not make that person he dwells in “a God” nor does it make Jesus a God either.  What it does make them is an anointed person that God “dwells” “in”.  JESUS HAS THE SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD “DWELLING”  “IN” HIM   GIVEN HIM AFTER HIS BAPTIZM BY JOHN AT THE JORDAN RIVER. That’s why he is call the CHRIST, OR “ANOINTED ONE” OF GOD.  Jesus told us there is “only” one true God, and he certainly was not talking about himself. 

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

I was showing you the intent of the WRITERS of the scriptures – and the bias of the English translators who had been taught all their lives that the sun “sets” over a ball. So out of 35 English translations that render that verse as “goes down” or “sets” – there is only one that renders it as “the sun hath gone in“.

How can you show intent by translating a Greek word back to Hebrew when it wasn’t written in Hebrew to begin with. Ridiculous.

I was showing you the intent of the WRITERS of the scriptures – and the bias of the English translators who had been taught all their lives that the sun “sets” over a ball.

Absolutely irrelevant.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>Mike…..the fullness of the God head did and dose dwell “in” Jesus…</span>

Hi Gene, how do you know there even is a Greek word that means “Godhead” in the scriptures?  That’s my point.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  How can you show intent by translating a Greek word back to Hebrew when it wasn’t written in Hebrew to begin with. Ridiculous.

So a little slower then, huh?  Okay.  I’m talking about the HEBREW word “bo”.  You with me so far?

That Hebrew word “bo” means “come in” or “go out” – depending on context.  You still with me?

Leviticus 22:7 says, “When the sun BO, he will be clean…”   Still hanging in there, buddy?  I’m not moving too fast for you, am I?

Now, what could be an accurate translation of the word “BO” in that verse?  Need a little help?  Go back two lines, where I gave you the definition of the word.  Okay… you back again and ready?  Good.

Knowing that the word literally means “come in” or “go out”, we could translate that verse as…

“When the sun has COME IN, he will be clean…”

OR…

“When the sun has GONE OUT, he will be clean…”

Still with me?  What can we NOT accurately translate that word “BO” as?   That’s right… “gone DOWN” or “SET”.  Why?  Well, because that’s not what the word means.   Okay… we got a little deep there.  Is your brain still hanging in there?  I hope so, because here comes the really tough part…

1.  Out of the 35 Bibles I listed for you a few posts back, only one of them translates the Hebrew word “BO” as “GONE IN”.  Is that one an accurate translation, since that’s what the Hebrew word actually means?  YES or NO?
    2. Are the other 34 Bibles that translate “BO” as “gone down” or “set” rendering an accurate translation of a Hebrew word that means “come in” or “go out”?   YES or NO?
    3. Or is it more rational to conclude that these other 34 Bibles – knowing that the Hebrew word actually means “come in” – add their own bias into the scriptures because they personally believe that a sun that “hath gone in” actually IS a sun that “hath set”?

Just address those points about the Hebrew of Lev 22:7 first… and then I’ll take it slow with the Greek word in the verse you brought up, okay?

Now keep in mind that you can just do what you’ve been doing, and repeat:  “Duh Mike, the Hebrew has nothing to do with a scripture that was written in Greek.”  Of course then anyone reading this will know that you are not only stumped, but also acting very childishly.   Your choice,  Mr. self-professed seeker of TRUTH over and above being right.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike….. But it was written in Hebrew text,   to begin with,  and then translated into GREEK, then English.  Mike when are you going to start accepting the truth, the earth spins both into and away from sun light, thats another proof the earth is round, come on Mike you surely know that right, right?

Mike this flat earth thing  has been despelled thousands of different ways , why do you prevent yourself from accepting the truth when it’s presented over and over by thousands of different expert sources.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Now keep in mind that you can just do what you’ve been doing, and repeat:  “Duh Mike, the Hebrew has nothing to do with a scripture that was written in Greek.”  Of course then anyone reading this will know that you are not only stumped, but also acting very childishly.   Your choice,  Mr. self-professed seeker of TRUTH over and above being right.

Mike, it is just irrelevant. Time is precious and gets smaller by the day, so I refuse to waste my time on something completely irrelevant.

Believe it or not, when I first started up this site, God gave me a vision and the message became clear to me that he was warning me about time wasters. To not follow their leads.

In response to listening to that, this line of inquiry follows that pattern for me, so In not going to waste an hour on it. I will continue with relevant points though.

I have noticed that you like to lead people into pointless points. I’m okay with debating and refuting the Flat Earth, but I’m not going to engage in pointless so-called evidence. But if you raise a good point whether true or not, I’m happy to oblige, but even then I will still assess the time involved to see if it is worth it.

The thing is, the ball is in your court. I know the earth is a globe and have no doubt, it is you that is full of doubt and is seeking proof one way or another. I will help out where I can see that it won’t waste my time. There is just too much important things out there that will be prioritised.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 6,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account