Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,10:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2011,21:01)
    Paladin

JN 6:41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.”
    JN 6:42 They were saying, “ Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘ I have come down out of heaven’?”

what did it mean wen he says ;I have come down out of heaven
    Pierre

Hello Pierre;

“The baptism of John, is it from heaven or from men?” The question Jesus asked was to show them whence authority for his words and deeds.

When Jesus says “I am come down from heaven” he is telling us that he did not come from Eden, here all men come from, i.e., God's plan for one man and one woman to be “one flesh” and beget progeny to replenish the earth.

Jesus did not come from tha tunion of one man and one woman, he was begotten of the spirit and made of a woman. [Mat 1:20][Gal 4:4] That came from heaven, not Eden.

Jesus said of his own disciples, “they are not of this world Eeven as I am not of this world.” It was always a question of authority.

Paladin

if Christ father was not a man ,then he is from who ever his father would be,no ???

but he would not be a dream.

as for ;

“The baptism of John, is it from heaven or from men?” The question Jesus asked was to show them whence authority for his words and deeds.

they word of God is also from God,and so it is with the true prophet who comes in Gods name such as John the baptist.

of cause coming from God make it a higher authority than wen it comes from men,but to some men it does not mather were it comes from it is there interest that counts.

Christ also came from God and he is greater than John because he baptizes with the holy spirit not water.

but John and Christ came first to the Jews and it was the apostles that were used to go the gentiles.

if Christ did not come from heaven from were did he come, ???

who is his father that as given him live ???

Pierre

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2011,05:02)
    [/quote]

Paladin

JN 6:41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.”
    JN 6:42 They were saying, “ Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘ I have come down out of heaven’?”

Pierre

Hello Pierre;

When Jesus says “I am come down from heaven” he is telling us that he did not come from Eden, here all men come from, i.e., God's plan for one man and one woman to be “one flesh” and beget progeny to replenish the earth.

Jesus did not come from tha tunion of one man and one woman, he was begotten of the spirit and made of a woman. [Mat 1:20][Gal 4:4] That came from heaven, not Eden.

Jesus said of his own disciples, “they are not of this world Eeven as I am not of this world.” It was always a question of authority.

(Pierre)

Paladin – if Christ father was not a man ,then he is from who ever his father would be, no ???

Was paul the Apostle a Roman or a Jew? He was a Jew because his mother was a Jew; He was a free Roman citizen because his Father was a free Roman citizen. But Paul was only one person. Was he 50/50 %-wise? No. None ever knows how much of a persons Father they represent, nor a persons Mother. But we all agree, they are “of” their Father and their Mother. If you are 100 % your mother, you are a female, but Jesus was not a female, so he was not 100 % His Mother. And that's just one consideration of many.

(Pierre)

I do not recognize where this comes from, but I agree, he was not a dream. He was and is real.

(Pierre) as for ;(Paladin)

(Pierre) they word of God is also from God,and so it is with the true prophet who comes in Gods name such as John the baptist.

of cause coming from God make it a higher authority than wen it comes from men, but to some men it does not mather were it comes from it is there interest that counts.

Christ also came from God and he is greater than John because he baptizes with the holy spirit not water.

but John and Christ came first to the Jews and it was the apostles that were used to go the gentiles.

if Christ did not come from heaven from were did he come,???

Christ is the fulfillment of prophecy, having a geneology that goes all the way back to Adam who is the “son of God.”

(Pierre) who is his father that as given him live ???

God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,13:53)

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2011,05:02)
    [/quote]

Paladin

Pierre

Hello Pierre;

(Pierre)

Paladin – if Christ father was not a man ,then he is from who ever his father would be, no ???

Was paul the Apostle a Roman or a Jew? He was a Jew because his mother was a Jew; He was a free Roman citizen because his Father was a free Roman citizen. But Paul was only one person. Was he 50/50 %-wise? No. None ever knows how much of a persons Father they represent, nor a persons Mother. But we all agree, they are “of” their Father and their Mother. If you are 100 % your mother, you are a female, but Jesus was not a female, so he was not 100 % His Mother. And that's just one consideration of many.

(Pierre)

I do not recognize where this comes from, but I agree, he was not a dream. He was and is real.

(Pierre) as for ;(Paladin)

(Pierre) they word of God is also from God,and so it is with the true prophet who comes in Gods name such as John the baptist.

of cause coming from God make it a higher authority than wen it comes from men, but to some men it does not mather were it comes from it is there interest that counts.

if Christ did not come from heaven from were did he come,???

Christ is the fulfillment of prophecy, having a geneology that goes all the way back to Adam who is the “son of God.”

(Pierre) who is his father that as given him live ???

God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc.

Paladin

women do not give live they bring and form a body around a live what the father as given

and you did not answer the question ???

Pierre

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2011,07:00)
    [/quote]

(Pierre)Paladin

(Paladin) God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc.

(Pierre) Paladin  women do not give live they bring and form a body around a live what the father as given

I am going to assume you know a little bit about the growing proccess of a zygote in the womb. It attatches to the uterus wall on day five approximately, and by day 6 the mother's blood feeds the newly formed embryo. This is how life is transferred to the new embryo; not by transfer from the sperm, but by development within the mother.

Leviticus 17:11 “For the life of the flesh is in the blood…”

(Pierre)

If you are looking for any other answer not included in

God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc

I can't help you.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,17:32)

[/quote]

(Pierre)Paladin

(Paladin) God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc.

(Pierre) Paladin  women do not give live they bring and form a body around a live what the father as given

I am going to assume you know a little bit about the growing proccess of a zygote in the womb. It attatches to the uterus wall on day five approximately, and by day 6 the mother's blood feeds the newly formed embryo. This is how life is transferred to the new embryo; not by transfer from the sperm, but by development within the mother.

(Pierre)

God is the giver of all life, but so is man (male and female) who passes life to their progeny in begetting. Jesus was given life from his mother, and from his Father Abraham, David, etc

I can't help you.

Paladin

you just confirm what i say ,father also mean live giver

I did not know that the mothers blood was mixed with the embryo ??? are you sure !

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….The Mothers Blood supplies Oxygen and food and water that feeds the cells in the zygote which is a cluster of dividing cells, But the blood while supplying that life system is not the source of it, it simply (SUPPORTS) IT, The life of those cells was passed on from Father and Mother and is derived from the father and Mothers DNA , But what Paladin is saying is also right because this Life within these cells are a combination a of different mixes recieved from ADAM and EVE, passed on, none of us have a separate life source and that includes Jesus. Life in this sense was Passed on from one to another from Adam and Eve to us and Jesus also. This is the way i understand it.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 31 2011,11:26)
    Paladin, does the LXX version of Psalm 138:2 say that Jehovah magnified His word above every name, or not?

I'm sorry Paladin, I still don't see your answer.  Let me make it EVEN SIMPLER:

Paladin, does the LXX version of Psalm 138:2 say that Jehovah “magnified His word above every name, or His name?  (The answer to this slow and simple question would be either the word “every” or the word “His”.)

Do you understand that the tense of the other words in the sentence have no bearing on what I'm asking?  Do you understand why I say about you the things I do?  Do you understand why I claim that you are good at hiding your non-answers among a bunch of grammar lessons that have nothing to do with the issue?  What I'm asking is if you notice in the LXX, the word used is “pas”, meaning “each” or “every”………….and NOT the word “sou” or “your” or “thy”.  Do you see this in the actual Greek words?  Can you admit that you see it?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 31 2011,11:26)
    If the King of Abyssina (described above) has a spokesman called “The Word of the King”, is it possible that God has a Spokesman called “The Word of God”?  YES or NO?

Quote (Paladin @ April 01 2011,09:50)

No!  This falls into the same category as those commentators who insist the plural hebrew nouns prove God used the plural of majesty.

:)  I didn't “insist” upon anything.  I asked if it was possible.  Hmmmmm…………..it's not even POSSIBLE?  Wow, that's a pretty confident answer, considering Jesus WAS called the “Word of God” and Jesus WAS a spokesman for his God.  ???

Quote (Paladin @ Mar. 29 2011 @ 09:00)

I think under examination, my friend, you will find it does not say “and the word became a man,” because it did not; instead, it becomes flesh again everytime someone yields his life to Christ so that it is no longer he that lives, but Christ lives in him.

Paladin, does the word “flesh” relate to “human beings” during these other occasions of the Word becoming “flesh”?

Does this Word have a noticable glory of an only begotten son from the Father each time it “becomes flesh” when someone yields their life to Christ?

Quote (Paladin @ Mar. 29 2011 @ 09:00)

Hello Mike;

May I see if I can make it plain here? There are two creations in scripture, two foundations, two destructions, all of which makes for a certain ammount of confusion.

Paladin, does Hebrews 1:2 say “ages”, as in PLURAL, were created through Jesus?

I think the DIRECT answers to those will catch us up for now.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 02 2011,21:04)
    Terricca……….The Mothers Blood supplies Oxygen and food and water that feeds the cells in the zygote which is a cluster of dividing cells, But the blood while supplying that life  system is not the source of it, it simply (SUPPORTS) IT,  The life of those cells was passed on from Father and Mother and  is derived from the father and Mothers DNA , But what Paladin is saying is also right because this Life within these cells are a combination a of  different mixes recieved from ADAM and EVE, passed on,  none of us have a separate life source and that includes Jesus.  Life in this sense was Passed on from one to another from Adam and Eve to us and Jesus also. This is the way i understand it.

Gene

so what it is ;is that men seed is given to the women and she is used to form the offspring ,live is from man .

live is in the blood means that if you loose it your live is gone in you ,we can loose a leg,an harm,most of our inner parts many are doubles but there is only one supply of blood.

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,
     What folks are trying to communicate to you is that earth life is a biological process. The birds and the bees, remember? That Life itself comes from God. Hope this helps sort things out.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                Wispring

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2011,11:58)

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,17:32)

(Pierre)Paladin

(Pierre)

I can't help you.[/quote]
    Paladin

you just confirm what i say ,father also mean live giver

I did not know that the mothers blood was mixed with the embryo ??? are you sure !

Pierre

It is called the “umbilical Cord” and brings life giving blood from the womb to the embryo.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 02 2011,14:04)
    Terricca……….The Mothers Blood supplies Oxygen and food and water that feeds the cells in the zygote which is a cluster of dividing cells, But the blood while supplying that life  system is not the source of it, it simply (SUPPORTS) IT,  The life of those cells was passed on from Father and Mother and  is derived from the father and Mothers DNA , But what Paladin is saying is also right because this Life within these cells are a combination a of  different mixes recieved from ADAM and EVE, passed on,  none of us have a separate life source and that includes Jesus.  Life in this sense was Passed on from one to another from Adam and Eve to us and Jesus also. This is the way i understand it.

Gene my friend, DNA does not pass life to the embryo. DNA is simply the code which tells the cells how to assemble and what to form.

The life is in the blood, which if you recall, is present in the uterus, as a nest to cushion the egg, and attatch to the uteran wall. But blood nurtures life to the new Embryo as it atttches to the womb wall, via umbilical cord.

It is the greatest gift God gave mankind in the natural world, replication.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 02 2011,23:44)
    Hi Pierre,
     What folks are trying to communicate to you is that earth life is a biological process. The birds and the bees, remember? That Life itself comes from God. Hope this helps sort things out.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                Wispring

wispring

i try to find out who is Christ father ??

and no one answer s me.

why??

Pierre

Paladin
    Participant

It has come to my attention that there is a little square under my name in every post I publish. Is there a significance attatched to it I should know about? It has been there since the first post I made back on 17, June 2009, when I posted a fiction story about the ancient campfire, found on page 21 of the “truth or tradition” board.

Can anyone explain what it means?

kerwin
    Participant

Paladin.

Scripture does not state Jesus is 100% man nor does it state he is not.  It does state he is a man and that he was made like his brothers whom are 100 percent man.  

It also states he unlike God can be tempted by evil and it also asks “to which angel did God ever say …”

I disagree with your interpretation of Genesis 6:1-4 as I believe the sons of God in that scripture refers to the line of Seth; in similar way that the children of Israel were also called children of God in the Law.  This lines up with Jesus’ words that “angels do not marry, nor are they given in marriage”.

The word “soul” can be used to refer to the entire human being just like the word “flesh” is but that does not mean that the soul is the entire human being; just like the flesh is not.

Soul is spiritual in nature as is the Spirit and both together make up the spiritual side of man.  God instructs various humans to get a new spirit.  He never instructs them to get a new soul.  The soul is the essential self while the Spirit is the guide that self embraces.

God does not have a bodily side as he is Spirit and yet he is said to have a soul as well as a spirit.

Isaiah 1:14(KJV)

Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2011,17:56)

Quote (Wispring @ April 02 2011,23:44)
    Hi Pierre,

With Love and Respect,
                                                                Wispring

wispring

and no  one answer s me.

why??

Pierre

Hello Pierre;

I think we all assume a certain ammount of knowledge from all posters, but your question makes me think maybe it is a wrong assumption. It is simply an error on our part, not a reflection on yours.

Jesus is the Messiah of prophecy, throughtout the old testament, of the bloodline of the woman of Genesis 3:15, and of Abraham, David, and a host of others, all the way down through Mary, his mother.

David is called the Father of Jesus, because it was in prophecy that God first promised, then bound it with an oath, that of David's loins, would come the Messiah. So, for that reason, David is called Jesus' Father.

But, since God is the Holy Spirit, and begat the child in Mary's womb, he is the Father of Jesus' spirit. [Mat 1:20][John 3:6]

And God made a miracle happen when Jesus was “made of a woman” [Gal 4:4]

The paternal link to Jesus has been the subject of debates for over two thousand years. That is why we are careful with our responses.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

wispring

and no  one answer s me.

why??

Pierre

Jesus Christs heavenly Father is the same as yours' and mine. God. His earthly Father is of the lineage of Abraham.

With Love and Respect,
                                                            Wispring

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 02 2011,19:35)

Paladin.

Scripture does not state Jesus is 100% man nor does it state he is not.  It does state he is a man and that he was made like his brothers whom are 100 percent man.

I know. I don't go much by the silence of what scripture does not say, other than to correct misquotes.  

I disagree with your interpretation of Genesis 6:1-4 as I believe the sons of God in that scripture refers to the line of Seth; in similar way that the children of Israel were also called children of God in the Law.  This lines up with Jesus’ words that “angels do not marry, nor are they given in marriage”.[/'quote]

Some of The New Testament authors tell us about the angels who misbehaved during the time just prior to the flood, which is a reference to the “sons of God” in Gen 6. It explains how it is that angels could come down and cohabit with women. I explained it on the post dealing with “oikeeteerion.” And the term “sons of God” is found in the old testament only in Gen 6 and in Job, and is a reference to angels.

“Children of God” is a different category altogether.

The word “soul” can be used to refer to the entire human being just like the word “flesh” is but that does not mean that the soul is the entire human being; just like the flesh is not.

“God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life and Adam became a living soul.”[Gen 2:7]

Soul is spiritual in nature as is the Spirit and both together make up the spiritual side of man.  God instructs various humans to get a new spirit.  He never instructs them to get a new soul.  The soul is the essential self while the Spirit is the guide that self embraces.

That is because when we renew our spirit, our soul revives.

God does not have a bodily side as he is Spirit and yet he is said to have a soul as well as a spirit.

Not quite, my friend, He says he does certain things “with my whole heart and my whole soul” but he is not a man, so he does not “have” a soul – He is a soul.

Isaiah 1:14(KJV)
    Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

I kinda favour the verse where God says “Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.” [Jer 32:41]

Thank you for the input.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin and Paladin……..Here is a thought to consider, GOD'S Soul IS HIS CREATION in which He Lives (IN). So in this sense He can Have a Body, His creation. Remember Jesus said the FATHER was (IN) HIM. Just thought i would throw that out to see what you guys think.

I still hold to the idea that the Soul is the COMPLETE BEING. Containing a BODY with SPIRIT (IN) IT.

peace and love to you both………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,17:47)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 02 2011,14:04)

Gene my friend, DNA does not pass life to the embryo. DNA is simply the code which tells the cells how to assemble and what to form.

The life is in the blood, which if you recall, is present in the uterus, as a nest to cushion the egg, and attatch to the uteran wall. But blood nurtures life to the new Embryo as it atttches to the womb wall, via umbilical cord.

It is the greatest gift God gave mankind in the natural world, replication.

Paladin……….I am in agreement with this, that blood NUTURES the Life (in) the Cell, But what causes the Cell to change and divide and Grow. There is a intelligent force of Life (IN) that DNA that (CAUSES) it to ACT the way it does. There hast to be some kind of Creative FORCE at work, otherwise the cell would not Split and multiply on its own, I do agree that this cell is keep alive by the Blood and which supplies it with food and water and oxygen. But blood can not be the SOURCE of it Life function because it that were the case then DNA would Have NO control of result of the Fetas. So to me the Code itself does not even cause it self to replicate but a Spirit (intellect) FORCE (WITH IN) the Cell does. So in this SENSE the first Man could pass life on through all that is contained in the life FORCE working (IN) the CELLS from one man to another even EVE was taken from ONE Being ADAM and shared His life FORCE also , so we could say all of us are from ONE FLESH handed to another and another and another down to us all. So when ADAM said “this is flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone”, that can apply to us all. Jesus by partaking of this flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone is therefor FULLY HUMAN even if He did Not Have a earthly FATHER< He still recieved His Existence from ADAM as we all Have. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Brother………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Paladin @ April 02 2011,01:18)
    It has come to my attention that there is a little square under my name in every post I publish. Is there a significance attatched to it I should know about? It has been there since the first post I made back on 17, June 2009, when I posted a fiction story about the ancient campfire, found on page 21 of the “truth or tradition” board.

Can anyone explain what it means?

Hi Paladin,

It means you have received a “warning tile”.  If you get five of them, you are banned from posting here.

I don't know why you got it, but since I didn't give it to you, it must have been t8.  You can pm him and ask him why you received this warning.

You should have received a pm along with the tile explaining why you received it.  It is usually due to someone else reporting an abusive post you made.  I don't remember seeing any such post reported, so I'm at a loss here.

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account