The Book of Enoch

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ June 27 2009,01:47)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 23 2009,00:33)
    Jodi: Your post's are accurate, powerful, loving, true gifts to anyone who is willing to wash away old doctrines of deception and error.
    These take time and great knowledge to post. We should all be so lucky to partake of them. I have been away for a while but your posts have re-kindled the fire in me, if you will, and energized me to push on. There is such a difference between quoting scriptures out of context and revealing Truth through scripture. There are many others on this site with a gift. I thank you all. Religious demons at the lower level are hard to deal with if a person has been indoctrinated in churches for a long time. I hope you continue to enlighten this website and that includes pounding on me if I write something in error. I only want to know the Truth of God whether alone or with others. God bless your mind with all wisdom and peace to you. TK

Good Morning Tim,

I have been meaning to tell you thanks so much for these kind and encouraging words, so thank you dearly brother.

Blessings to you,   Jodi

Greetings Jodi…..Please excuse my ignorance….I fail to see the significence of Enoch in the grand plan that is evolving…I have never studied or read any of the writings pertaining to this man….

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 10 2002,09:09)
    The Book of Enoch was lost for centuries and was rediscovered in recent times.

There were also discrepancies over which books should be added by the different denominations. The Catholic Bible is different to the King James for example.

I actually do not know very much behind the history, but will be looking in to it at some stage, as I believe it is quite important.

I think that if the Word of God lives in you, then you will recognise his truth when you hear it. I wouldn't limit scripture to the books in the bible. I am sure that there are countless books and messages that have been written under the inspiration of God.

Some of the most inspired writings I have ever read came from the 2nd century Apostles.

t8 How do you find the Catholic Bible different than the King James version. We have one and I have not found any errors yet. The only thing that has all the Pops pictures in color in the front of the Bible. It is big, much bigger then any Bible. When I tried to find Elohim, I could not find it in any Bible we have, except the Catholic one. That I found odd. That is the only Bible we had when God called us out of that Church.
    Peace and Love Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 13 2009,03:41)

There were also discrepancies over which books should be added by the different denominations. The Catholic Bible is different to the King James for example.

I actually do not know very much behind the history, but will be looking in to it at some stage, as I believe it is quite important.

I think that if the Word of God lives in you, then you will recognise his truth when you hear it. I wouldn't limit scripture to the books in the bible. I am sure that there are countless books and messages that have been written under the inspiration of God.

Some of the most inspired writings I have ever read came from the 2nd century Apostles.

t8  How do you find the Catholic Bible different than the King James version.  We have one and I have not found any errors yet.  The only thing that has all the Pops pictures in color in the front of the Bible.  It is big, much bigger then any Bible.  When I tried to find Elohim, I could not find it in any Bible we have, except the Catholic one. That I found odd. That is the only Bible we had when God called us out of that Church.
    Peace and Love Irene

Greetings…… For one thing…I believe the Catholic Bible eliminated the book of Deut:

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 14 2009,01:42)

t8  How do you find the Catholic Bible different than the King James version.  We have one and I have not found any errors yet.  The only thing that has all the Pops pictures in color in the front of the Bible.  It is big, much bigger then any Bible.  When I tried to find Elohim, I could not find it in any Bible we have, except the Catholic one. That I found odd. That is the only Bible we had when God called us out of that Church.
    Peace and Love Irene

Greetings…… For one thing…I believe the Catholic Bible eliminated the book of Deut:

theodorei!  My Catholic Bible has Deut. in  it.  So when did or do you have a Catholic Bible?  And when did you get it?  My Brother-In-Law gave us the Bible as a Wedding Present when we got married in 1961.  As far as I can see all the Books are in it, that are in the K.J. Bible.
    Peace and Love Irene

“How do you find the Catholic Bible different than the King James version. “???

Here's the answer for anyone wanting enlightenment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aozoXFdr80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JInrWhks9c

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Following blind and rebellious men only leads to their pit.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 14 2009,02:34)

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 14 2009,01:42)

Peace and Love Irene

theodorei!  My Catholic Bible has Deut. in  it.  So when did or do you have a Catholic Bible?  And when did you get it?  My Brother-In-Law gave us the Bible as a Wedding Present when we got married in 1961.  As far as I can see all the Books are in it, that are in the K.J. Bible.
    Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene…. It appears that Iam a wealth of misinformation….Iam sorry…I was refering to the Deutercannonical Books….that are in fact in the Catholic Bible and not in the KJ bible…This is a great forum…there is no end to flow of information….

SeekTheTruth
    Participant

Hello, all. I am new to this site and I am incredibly interested in the Book of Enoch. I just started researching the Book only a couple of days ago, so if anyone could please help me, that would very much appreciated. If you know any information or know where to find some, please tell me! Thanks a lot.

Jocando
    Participant

I think that the “religious” powers that be simply felt that the subject matter involved in the Book of Enoch was too hard to grasp, too eerie to explain or teach, and too un-nerving for attracting potential newcomers. :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Jocando @ Aug. 26 2010,18:14)
    I think that the “religious” powers that be simply felt that the subject matter involved in the Book of Enoch was too hard to grasp, too eerie to explain or teach, and too un-nerving for attracting potential newcomers.  :)

Hi Jocando,

Have you considered that the 'book of the luminaries' (contained inside) may
    have been the reason it was left out as being a candidate for Canon. (Jude:1:14)

Also the 'book of Jasher' (click here) mentioned in The Bible as well in
    Joshua 10:13 and 2Samuel 1:18 was also not voted in as part of Canon.

The Bible  as we know it (click here) has been finalized the way it was for a reason.

I have Posted some of the more significant aspects about the “Book of Enoch”
    in another thread (located here); perhaps we can discourse about in in more detail there?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Anonymous

Can I ask what is the purpose of the Book of Enoch-what is its main theme? It seems to be confusing those who already have a fairly “light” knowledge of God's word, and in particular, those who are fairly new to God's Word. I'd like to discuss with my friend the purpose, if any, there is to this writing. He seems to be more interested in this book more than the bible and I'd like to be able to help him with, if possible, the validity of The Book Of Enoch. Why was it written and why was it found? It just seems to be adding confusion. Can someone help me with this question? God bless you and thank you so much.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Marlavi,

Welcome to h-net!

The book of Enoch was written pre-flood, and
    its thrust is about fallen Angels that corrupted the Earth.
    This is predominantly what is outside of what is written in the bible.

God bless
    Ed J

Anonymous

These points that you gave regarding the Book of Enoch did not satisfy my question fully. I'm still trying to understand what is the reason that we are viewing this book-what is its main purpose? It is adding confusion to one of my friends who is in the church and is fairly new and has some statements that seem contradictory to God's Word. And God's Word is the truth, because God is the truth and anyone opposing that fact, I don't think has God's Spirit and is and can be misleading. How can we, who are Christian's DOUBT God's Word. The only thing in this world to be true IS God and His Word-that is undeniably the truth and no one can make me doubt God as the truth or His Word. When I hear of people making comments such as, God MAY BE the truth, or A GOD, it leaves me to believe that person is not fully convinced or persuaded that God is true. How can someone, who is supposedly steeped in God's Word, say that He is NOT the truth or call God A GOD, when He is the ONLY TRUE GOD? I don't think the book of Enoch places or holds any value in our Christian walk, and I still think if God wanted us to study it, it would have been placed in His TRUE Word along with the other books. I have somewhat a problem when people come up with “lost books” in regards to God's Word. In the book of Revelation, it gives us a warning if we add or take away from God's Word, which is the bible. The Book of Enoch is causing too much confusion. That's all I'm saying and I don't think it's a valid book. Thank you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It contains revelations and prophecies. Some of the biblical books quoted from this source.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Marlavi,

Non-Canonical books “should” be avoided by the beginner Christians,
    sticking only to the 66 books (Gen.1:1-Rev.22:21) approved for study.
    The reason for this is: views from these books can often be confusing.
    However once a Christian is fully mature (Eph.4:13), nothing can hurt
    their walk with the LORD! They’ll be able find God’s truth everywhere.

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Did you read the Book of Enoch?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

karmarie
    Participant

Hi.

Enoch is part of cannon in the Ethiopian Church.  

The Early Church Fathers believed Enoch was inspired writing. They didn't have a copy of it though.

It was thought lost but the Ethiopian Jews had it. They took it with them when they had fled Israel.

The version we have on the Internet is a translation of the Ethiopian Enoch.

Speaking of book's I just found out something. Did you know the Book of Revelations was doubted by some in Early Christianity ? Also that it wasn't untill 508AD when it was accepted ? That in Eastern Christianity it is not read out in the Church ? And that Luther wanted to take Revelations out of the New Testement ?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (karmarie @ Dec. 14 2010,09:13)
    Did you know the Book of Revelations was doubted by some in Early Christianity ? Also that it wasn't untill 508AD when it was accepted ? That in Eastern Christianity it is not read out in the Church ? And that Luther wanted to take Revelations out of the New Testement ?

Interesting.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 14 2010,15:04)

Quote (karmarie @ Dec. 14 2010,09:13)
    Did you know the Book of Revelations was doubted by some in Early Christianity ? Also that it wasn't untill 508AD when it was accepted ? That in Eastern Christianity it is not read out in the Church ? And that Luther wanted to take Revelations out of the New Testement ?

Interesting.

It is.  

The Eastern Orthodox believe that the book is too confusing, and only a few people should try and work it out, because it would cause too much confusion. And look, on the internet example at all the different opinions on it.

Only a few of them have delved into it's pages, and their opinion on it is a lot different than what you would find elsewhere.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Shimmer,

Did you read what I learned from the book of Enoch? I posted it in the “Nephilim” thread I think.

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account