Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Glad to see you got your “Moderator” status back!
    Try not to take things so personal, Nick never did.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:)

How did you know I got it back?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 11 2011,14:18)
    :)

How did you know I got it back?

Hi Mike,

Click on the “Forum lead by:” on the right side of the front page.
    Did you get a PM telling you that you were reinstated?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 11 2011,04:52)

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 10 2011,12:53)
    Mike, today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the wind was breezy, I couldn't see the wind, but I could see the trees blowing gently in it.

Shimmer……….So it is with the Spirit (IN) you you can't see it but it does move and animate you body right. Spirit is Just our Thoughts coming from our Intellects, (IT) is our life cognation in us. that is what Spirit is. And in deed it is just like the wind, Jesus was not describing what the spirit looked like but how it operates in all living things, it does cause us to go where (it) lists or desires us to. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Shimmer………………….gene

My mother believes spirit is how you say, and that soul is the innermost part of who we are. What do you think of this ?

In other words she believes we are flesh, spirit AND soul.

shimmer
    Participant

Congratulations Mike.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 11 2011,09:50)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 11 2011,04:52)

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 10 2011,12:53)
    Mike, today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the wind was breezy, I couldn't see the wind, but I could see the trees blowing gently in it.

Shimmer……….So it is with the Spirit (IN) you you can't see it but it does move and animate you body right. Spirit is Just our Thoughts coming from our Intellects, (IT) is our life cognation in us. that is what Spirit is. And in deed it is just like the wind, Jesus was not describing what the spirit looked like but how it operates in all living things, it does cause us to go where (it) lists or desires us to. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Shimmer………………….gene

My mother believes spirit is how you say, and that soul is the innermost part of who we are. What do you think of this ?

That sounds close to what I beleieve and may be a different way of expressing the same idea I hold to be true.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,17:14)

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 11 2011,09:50)

That sounds close to what I beleieve and may be a different way of expressing the same idea I hold to be true.

Really Kerwin ? Interesting.

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,  

What is the differency of a being with form and one with body?

In the sense I speak a form has shape and structure but not matrial substance.  

To be of the human kind one must have a human body as that is what determines kind.

Here is my source of definitions.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 11 2011,12:21)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 11 2011,01:41)
    And Just because we human cant see Angels at times does not mean they do not have bodies,

That's right Gene.  But could you answer my question?  

What are angels' bodies made out of?

peace and love,
    mike

Mike………..You asking me what Angels “BODIES” are made out of, i have no idea what those bodies are made of nor do you, but Jesus said in the resurrection we are to be as the angels of heaven , and after his resurrection he had a body of flesh and bone and it went through a door and appeared and disappeared with that body right, so i would assume that Angels bodies are exactly like Jesus' is, and He said it was not a spirit body, saying spirit do not (have) bodies as he had.

Now if you put that together with the many other scriptures describing SPIRITS, and the fact spirits can indwell (IN) bodies even ours has spirits in them and animals also do , and with the understand that a soul is the combination of a BODY with SPIRIT (IN) it. You should be able to understand that a Spirit is not a body but what is (IN) bodies,nothing exists with life (IN) it that does not have Spirit (IN) it. God the Father is Spirit and as a result can and does indwell his creation as he was (IN) also Jesus .

What do you think it means “THAT GOD MAY BE ALL AND IN YOU ALL” Mike there exists No such thing as a Spirit BODY, there is Spirit (IN) Bodies and Paul's definition of a Sprit(UAL) Body was a body that is Spiritually motivated not a “SPIRIT BODY”. To say a Spirit body is also a Oxymoron, because no such thing exists , there is Spirit and there is Bodies Spirit occupies those bodies if they have life (IN) them. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………Spirit is better described as a MIND the Source of Thoughts and intellects, Therefor it say to (TRY) the spirits to see if they are of GOD, we are not trying “BODIES” but what is being Said by our WORDS. A body is simply a Carrier of Spirit and nothing More, it can be easily replicated by GOD at any time. Jesus told us not to fear those who can kill the body and nothing more , but to fear God who can destroy (BOTH) (two things), the BODY (AND) the Soul (IN) the Grave. Once the Body is seperated from the Spirit the Soul is destroyed at that point you no longer exist except in the besom and Power of God , and should he decide to leave you in the grave you will no longer exist, he can completely destory us (IN) the GRAVE, it is absolutely Crucial we obtain a resurrection of a Body and Spirit added back into it , Just as Jesus did.

Mystery Religion teaches that we can exist without a BODY or a unseen Body the drifts around in some space or heaven somewhere. Fact is if we do not have a (REAL) Material BODY we simply will not ever exist again after we die. “for when a man dies his “THOUGHTS” Parish, you a completely gone forever unless God recreates a body and adds spirit back into it we have no other hope, So as it say we are waiting for the time that will witness the redemption of “OUR” BODIES. Jesus was not lying when he said fear God who can (DESTROY) YOUR BODY AND THEREBY YOUR SOUL (IN) THE GRAVE. IMO

peace and love to you all………………………………………………..gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,18:59)
    Irene,  

What is the differency of a being with form and one with body?

In the sense I speak a form has shape and structure but not matrial substance.  

To be of the human kind one must have a human body as that is what determines kind.

Here is my source of definitions.

Kerwin!  The body is a form….is it not?  So does an Angel have a form or body.  Does a Spiritual body have a form? I believe that a Human body is not the same body then a Spiritual body.  Is the Human body not material from the dust of the earth?  Yes…. The Angels were created by God through Jesus.  They are not Humans.  They however can become in Human form.  Genesis proves that….
    God tells us that He gives it a body as He pleases….And I don't think God changes that.  He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Except I think one time with Moses….That is what you believe too, right????? No disagreement  there…..I believe that Angels have a Spiritual Body, because of this Scripture

1Cr 15:38   But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.  

1Cr 15:48   As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.  

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  

Angels do not have flesh and earthly bodies, they are heavenly and have Spiritual bodies.  Humans will be raised to Spiritual bodies.

1Cr 15:42   So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  

1Cr 15:45   And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.  

1Cr 15:46   Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  

I hope I helped you understand, and if I am wrong then show me.

Peace and Love to you Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL ………Who believes Jesus Who said he had a Flesh and Bone body after he was resurected from the dead and that body went through a door and appeared and disappeared also. This was the same body he went into heaven in also and will return with , he will still be a son of Man when he returns as he said, don't be lead away with MYSTERY RELIGION Teachings, The Whole House of Israel is pictured as being raised with a FLESH and BONE BODY with sinew and flesh and bones as Shown and prophesied in Ezekiel. Concerning the (WHOLE) HOUSE of ISREAL. There exists no such thing as a SPIRIT BODY only Bodies with SPIRIT (IN) them except for GOD alone who is Spirit.

peace and love…………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

I am attempting to show you that a spiritual body can be a material body. The body is defined as “the organized physical substance of an animal or plant either living or dead” and “the material part or nature of a human being”

A ghost is a spirit of a type being a soul and it exists without a body between the time a person dies until they are resurrected. During that time they are a ghost and have no body though they are said to have a form that resembles their body much like a hologram has a form but no material part and thus no body.

One definition of spiritual is “of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena”. If you take a look at Jesus’ flesh and bone after his resurrection then it would definitely be considered supernatural. A body like that even though it is material can be called spiritual and its flesh is not like the flesh of a mortal human being. That is a body from heaven as was the breath of God which came from heaven to give life to Adam’s flesh.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 12 2011,20:58)
    Irene,

I am attempting to show you that a spiritual body can be a material body.  The body is defined as “the organized physical substance of an animal or plant either living or dead” and “the material part or nature of a human being”

A ghost is a spirit of a type being a soul and it exists without a body between the time a person dies until they are resurrected.  During that time they are a ghost and have no body though they are said to have a form that resembles their body much like a hologram has a form but no material part and thus no body.

One definition of spiritual is “of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena”.   If you take a look at Jesus’ flesh and bone after his resurrection then it would definitely be considered supernatural.  A body like that even though it is material can be called spiritual and its flesh is not like the flesh of a mortal human being.  That is a body from heaven as was the breath of God which came from heaven to give life to Adam’s flesh.

Kerwin! I don't think that a Human being after dead before the resurrection is a Ghost. What Scripture says that? As far as I know all that have died sleep in their graves and know nothing……
    Peace Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 08 2011,08:36)
    Ok, i'm going to be my usual 'free spirited' self that I used to be. Karmarie is who I used to post as, I used to spend my time “debating Bod” my friend. I loved it. i could be myself, say what I felt, and so what if I 'worded something wrong' or whatever,

What is it here ?  Theres some really nasty people. Not very Christianlike at all.  Actually very far from it I saw more of a good spirit in my Muslim friend, seriously.

Anyway, this whole thing fits into this topic really.

“Flesh and Blood”

Forget all this strange conversaion,  here is the truth,

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, or cannot enter Heaven

Flesh and Blood What is flesh and blood ?

See, people think too much in this world.

Flesh and blood is what most people are today

Too earthly.

To inheret the kingdom of God you have to be in the Spirit or spiritual, the things of the spirit/ual connect with God,
    Once connected with God in this way, then you can inheret the kingdom of God.

Once connected with the true spirit of God you dont sin any longer, you have peace and love and Joy,  

You are no longer flesh and blood.

If I worded something wrong there or whatever please forgive and correct me, I dont really care as Im not perfect !

Shimmer: God bless you! I just wanted you to know what I believe Paul was talking about.

His disertations were comparing the two dispensations of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

The old way of a brick and mortar building/temple as compared to the new way human body temple—

The old carnal law way of works and duties and rituals, dogmas, bowings, fastings, tithings, feast days, sabbath days, all forms of physical worship was changed by Jesus into the new way.Old baptism of physical water changed to the water of the word of God Eph.5:3.

The new way of spirit truth is the words of God/spirit through Jesus given to mankind as eternal truth. The new way is the infilling of the mind with spirit words of truth by Christ. The human body becomes the temple made without hands. The church which is the body of Christ built on the solid rock foundation of Jesus/words of truth from God.

Under the Law Under Grace
    Flesh is the old way—-Spirit is the new way.
    Mortal Immortality
    Corruptible Incorruption
    Weakness Power
    Works Faith

A new man is created by spirit words of God.
    This is being born again from carnal physical works to accepting truth by faith, believing and recreating the mind unto God. IMO, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim ………………You have it right, Spirit(ual) is to be Spirit Minded, no matter what kind or type of Body that spirit is In. If you are worldly minded you spirit (intellect) is worldly thinking, if you are spiritually minded then your spirit (intellect) in you are thinking from the spirit of God. Jesus Plainly said after his resurrection he had a physical of flesh and bone, Scripture also shows (ALL THE WHOLE HOUSE OF ISREAL ARE RAISED WITH FLESH AND BONE BODIES) it is clearly written in Ezekiel at the valley of dried bones, and Jesus also said clearly a spirit does not have a body as he had. That did not mean Spirit was not (IN) that body, but he was telling them they would not be able to see spirit and he was not a Ghost or Spirit , but a live Physical human being who had the Spirit of God (IN) Him .

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 12 2011,00:04)

Mike………..You asking me what Angels “BODIES” are made out of, i have no idea what those bodies are made

But we are made of spirit AND flesh, and have flesh bodies.  What kind of body do you THINK someone who is ONLY spirit would have?

and after his resurrection he had a body of flesh and bone

Yes Gene.  I have come to agree with you that Jesus was raised back to life as flesh.  But we know he can't still have that flesh body now, right?  How could he?  Scriptures specifically tell us that flesh cannot “inherit God's Kingdom”, which I take to mean “enter heaven”.  And scriptures specifically tell us that Jesus is a spirit now.

Gene, we have a flesh body as needed for dwelling on earth.  What use would flesh be in the spirit realm?  Jesus is now a spirit being, not a flesh AND spirit being like he once was.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 12 2011,10:47)
    This was the same body he went into heaven in also and will return with ,

No………….it can't be. That body was flesh, and flesh cannot enter heaven. Scriptures disagree with you Gene.

Plus, there is no scripture in the Bible that says Jesus will ever have a flesh body again.

mike

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 13 2011,11:59)

Mike………..You asking me what Angels “BODIES” are made out of, i have no idea what those bodies are made

But we are made of spirit AND flesh, and have flesh bodies.  What kind of body do you THINK someone who is ONLY spirit would have?

and after his resurrection he had a body of flesh and bone

Yes Gene.  I have come to agree with you that Jesus was raised back to life as flesh.  But we know he can't still have that flesh body now, right?  How could he?  Scriptures specifically tell us that flesh cannot “inherit God's Kingdom”, which I take to mean “enter heaven”.  And scriptures specifically tell us that Jesus is a spirit now.

Gene, we have a flesh body as needed for dwelling on earth.  What use would flesh be in the spirit realm?  Jesus is now a spirit being, not a flesh AND spirit being like he once was.

peace and love,
    mike

Hi brother Mike,
    This is where I doubt the harmony of Gospel's with Paul's understanding on Jesus' resurrection. Paul meant that Jesus rose with Spiritual(Spirit) body which may be non-tangible he even quotes that Jesus became life-giving Spirit than flesh whereas Gospels concentrate on Jesus' flesh body which was tangible and even with crucifixion wounds. I hope you will see this difference.

Peace and love
    Adam

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Scripture seems to state two things on this matter.  One is they sleep in their grave, as with Daniel, and the other is that they converse and are subject either to torment or bliss, as in Jesus parable.  A ghost is just a soul whose body has died.  From what I understand it is just a shade of the person and not the whole person and so must at best be disabled and so have limited function.    It may be in expressing the limitations of a soul whose body has perished that scripture appears unclear about the state of souls.

I have trouble believing in free roaming ghosts outside of Hades; but the evidence seems clear that the writers of scripture did.   As that appears to be so I bow to their superior knowledge.  In any case they do not seem common even in scripture.

Some of the evidence I speak of is that Jesus gave proofs he was not a ghost and scripture declares he gave many proofs he was alive, Acts 1:3.

References
    Acts 1:3(NIV) reads:

After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account