Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

JA – from the “Was Jesus Always Superior” thread:

Bodies…Spirits do not have bodies…what's with you?

1 Corinthians 15 NIV
    35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”

38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.  If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

What can we learn from this passage JA?

1.  Those who are resurrected WILL HAVE BODIES.
    2.  There are earthly BODIES and there are heavenly BODIES.
    3.  Our earthly BODIES are perishable, but not the SPRITUAL BODIES some of us will be given.
    4.  The body that is sown is a natural BODY, but it will be raised a spiritual BODY.
    5.  And finally, IF THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, THERE IS ALSO A SPIRITUAL BODY.

Please continue your thought in light of this scripture JA.  Tell us all how “spirits” don't have “bodies” again.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Now………about God.

Can anyone tell me what separates what IS God from what IS NOT God?

peace and love,
    mike

shimmer
    Participant

Mike, does God have a body ? Of course God doesnt have a body. God is spirit. Jesus has a body (And as I said I believe Jesus also has wings)

But God ? A body ? NO. See, did you believe God had a body before, or is this just because you were 'led astray' on the forum ?

terraricca
    Participant

mike

if God start to create would this not mean that he start to do thing like adding separate things (all things) beside himself?

because why would he create something in himself ,his God not complete by himself??

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

My Grandmother had wings when I was a child as she took me and others under her wings. :)

shimmer
    Participant

Kerwin, thats good. I believe things in scripture have a spiritual meaning and a literal meaning. So people either see the literal, the spirtual, or both. I really do believe Jesus has wings. Literally and spiritually. Either way.

kerwin
    Participant

Shimmer,

Speaking of Angels, not all kinds of them have wings according to scripture.

As I said elsewhere the Garden of Eden has a physical presence in the The Third Heaven and so it makes sense that at least some kinds of angels do to.

Spirit does not mean immaterial in the case of angels. It instead means an inhabitant of the unseen worlds.

We have traditions that are based on untruths and misunderstandings.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 15 2010,07:25)
    Mike, does God have a body ? Of course God doesnt have a body. God is spirit. Jesus has a body (And as I said I believe Jesus also has wings)

But God ? A body ? NO. See, did you believe God had a body before, or is this just because you were 'led astray' on the forum ?

Hi Shimmer,

Thanks for your opinion. But where's the scriptural support for your assertion? We KNOW for a fact that spirits have bodies, for Paul CLEARLY says they do. We KNOW for a fact that God is a spirit being. And we KNOW for a fact that God does not envelope everything around Him, or there would be no end to what is God and no beginning to what is not God.

What is it that keeps God from making your face glow like Moses' did Shimmer? What “boundary” is it that is making God be “there” while you are “here” so that your face isn't always glowing like Moses'? God is obviously “stopping Himself” from being right there in your face. By what means does He “stop Himself”?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 15 2010,07:32)
    mike

if God start to create would this not mean that he start to do thing like adding separate things (all things) beside himself?

because why would  he create something in himself ,his God not complete by himself??

Pierre

I agree with both of your points Pierre. What God has created has to be “outside” of God, or the creation would actually BE the Creator, right? So when God is meeting with the angels in the Book of Job and talking to Satan, what is it that separates the being of God from the being of Satan? And what separates the rest of the angels from Satan at that point? And any time more than one angel is mentioned, how do we know it is two separate angels if there is not something separating the one spirit from the other?

Spirits have bodies. This much we KNOW from scripture. God is a Spirit. We also know this from scripture. What is 1+1?

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….Angels do have Bodies because GOD give them bodies and give everyone a body just as he pleases, they are visible bodies and can actually be seen maybe not in our visual spectrum unless God lets us see that spectrum. Like Elijah was able to see in. but they have to have bodies of some kind. And God Make there spirits (intellects) in them and sends them forth. All Souls have bodies with Spirit in them, and that includes angles. Spirit is not a Body Jesus said that plainly when he said a Spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see i have. Jesus' resurected Body consisted of flesh and bone, notice he sis not say flesh and Blood , but flesh and bone. I believe it is absolutely necessary we attain to a resurrection of a Body in order to continue to Live or exist.

peace and love……………………….gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 15 2010,07:43)
    To all,

My Grandmother had wings when I was a child as she took me and others under her wings. :)

funny :D :D :D

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,17:07)

Hi Shimmer,

Thanks for your opinion.  But where's the scriptural support for your assertion?  We KNOW for a fact that spirits have bodies, for Paul CLEARLY says they do.  We KNOW for a fact that God is a spirit being.  And we KNOW for a fact that God does not envelope everything around Him, or there would be no end to what is God and no beginning to what is not God.

What is it that keeps God from making your face glow like Moses' did Shimmer?  What “boundary” is it that is making God be “there” while you are “here” so that your face isn't always glowing like Moses'?  God is obviously “stopping Himself” from being right there in your face.  By what means does He “stop Himself”?

mike

I used to pray, back in the days when things were alot clearer. And I felt Gods presense there. Once I had seen a “throne” of some type, with one seated on it, but i can only vaguely remember now, there were jewels and colours all around it. (No I wasnt hallucinating either). I have also sensed God there when my eyes are closed and I prayed, right in front of me, I also experienced something else which is why I say Jesus has wings. I say Jesus because God is spirit, Jesus has a body, a glorified one. That was back then. Now I sense God as Spirit, which is different again.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer……………Yes God is Spiirt , according to Jesus, and there are seven spirits (distinct intellects) composing that one GOD and these Spirit gives Life to the whole creation, these are the US spoken of in Genesis that created everything that exists, they go to and fro through the whole earth they are the omnipresences of GOD in all things they give life they are what life is. These spirits are intellects composed in thinking and when we speak we utter them , so it says “try the spirits to see if they are from GOD” and again “so a man thinks so he or she is”. and again I think therefore i am. The bodies are simply containers that Spirits live in. There is both clean and unclean Spirits (intellects) , there is the Spirit (intellect) of good and evil, THEY ARE ALL OUT THERE AND IT DEPENDS ON WHAT WE WANT TO TIES OURSELVES WITH, the good or the evil, the clean or the unclean, they are all there , The Lord YHWH, tells us to chose the good and the clean and we will reap those things in our lives. IMO

Shimmer , scripture does say the LORD GOD would pour forth of his spirit upon your son and daughters will will dream ,dreams and see vision.

peace and love …………………………….gene
    and i do believe GOD'S presents can be felt (IN) us and His Peace can overshadow us

shimmer
    Participant

Gene, I agree, God's presence can be felt in us, we can see things with the spiritual mind, which is different than the carnal mind, (which is emnity with God) 

How to know what is good and what is of evil ? (And sure evil disguises itself as good to fool many into things like false christianity) which is shallow and not true,

How I knew it was good is this…..The presense I felt in prayer led me to scripture, opened my eyes to understand all that I read, also moved my heart to feel compassion for all others in the wolrd, strangers, effected by war or disaster i would be in tears as I watched them in tears, and I wanted to go overseas and help anyone in any way I could, my family were stopping me, I knew though that scripture says to leave family etc or were not worthy.

I would see people, such as one boy, He was born with a birth deformity, a big head, He was only five. He had to have operations, then he had to have this contraption on his head, they had to tighten screws every day and it hurt him alot, I was so upset and cried so much, I wanted to give him everything I had (haha, my family werent happy with me.) but thats just some examples of how to tell true from not true, God moves people.

Lukewarm is what I would say I am today. Sadly. But I do believe I am going back to that slowly. I do know where im wrong and what I need to do to change it. So at least I know that much.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 15 2010,10:20)
    Shimmer,

Speaking of Angels, not all kinds of them have wings according to scripture.

As I said elsewhere the Garden of Eden has a physical presence in the The Third Heaven and so it makes sense that at least some kinds of angels do to.

Spirit does not mean immaterial in the case of angels.  It instead means an inhabitant of the unseen worlds.

We have traditions that are based on untruths and misunderstandings.

Hi Kerwin, really ? Thats intersting.

JustAskin
    Participant

Does the wind have a body?
    Does the wind have a form?
    Both questions are quite noddy
    Think very hard…yes, you getting warm.

The wind is like Spirit
    'It blows where it wills'
    The Scriptures doth say it.
    Ethereal force or a body it fills.

The form of the wind, what doth this mean?
    What other than 'Essence', a thing not seen.
    even toward 'manner' or 'mode' you could lean,
    But not like 'Matter' that we can touch and preen.

Scriptures says there's a type of body in heaven,
    But i think it's talking about Christ after he is risen.
    There's certainly bodies in human form
    And this how it is spoken of, ere the norm.

Flesh and blood is body, given to man,
    It can't be in heaven, no way it can!
    For heaven is ethereal, a Spiritual realm,
    With Angels and Jesus, and God at its helm.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 16 2010,09:03)
    Does the wind have a body?
    Does the wind have a form?
    Both questions are quite noddy
    Think very hard…yes, you getting warm.

The wind is like Spirit
    'It blows where it wills'
    The Scriptures doth say it.
    Ethereal force or a body it fills.

The form of the wind, what doth this mean?
    What other than 'Essence', a thing not seen.
    even toward 'manner' or 'mode' you could lean,
    But not like 'Matter' that we can touch and preen.

Scriptures says there's a type of body in heaven,
    But i think it's talking about Christ after he is risen.
    There's certainly bodies in human form
    And this how it is spoken of, ere the norm.

Flesh and blood is body, given to man,
    It can't be in heaven, no way it can!
    For heaven is ethereal, a Spiritual realm,
    With Angels and Jesus, and God at its helm.

JA In

1Cr 15:35 ¶ But some [man] will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1Cr 15:36 [Thou] fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Cr 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.

1Cr 15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Peace Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,15:07)

Hi Shimmer,

Thanks for your opinion.  But where's the scriptural support for your assertion?  We KNOW for a fact that spirits have bodies, for Paul CLEARLY says they do.  We KNOW for a fact that God is a spirit being.  And we KNOW for a fact that God does not envelope everything around Him, or there would be no end to what is God and no beginning to what is not God.

What is it that keeps God from making your face glow like Moses' did Shimmer?  What “boundary” is it that is making God be “there” while you are “here” so that your face isn't always glowing like Moses'?  God is obviously “stopping Himself” from being right there in your face.  By what means does He “stop Himself”?

mike

God is spirit. It doesn't say that he has a spirit body as far as I know.

One reason that no one can see God is because he is eternal and is spirit. Whereas, Jesus is the image of the invisible God in BODILY form. By reason of being contained in a visible body makes one visible. If you were an eternal spirit, then how is that visible? He is invisible.

Is this what you believe Mike?

JustAskin
    Participant

Ummm, Irene, i could just ignore your post..should i just?

Ok, i'm fascinated…what are you saying in response to my post…supporting or refuting…and what exactly?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 16 2010,09:58)
    Ummm, Irene, i could just ignore your post..should i just?

Ok, i'm fascinated…what are you saying in response to my post…supporting or refuting…and what exactly?

Read the Scriptures…..Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account