Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,361 through 5,380 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    toby
    Participant

Mikeboll, you said:

I didn't assume that God gives to each seed a body to His liking – that is in the scriptures.

Mikeboll, Spirits in Heaven (holy Angel Spirits are not 'Seeds' (They are neither given nor taken in marriage. 'Marriage' is scripture for procreate)

I didn't assume that Jesus now has a new glorious body in heaven – that is also in the scriptures.

Scriptures does not say that Jesus has a new glorious body in heaven. You made that up by combining two independent verses – a cobbled together assumption.

I do assume that since Jesus NOW has a spiritual body like those of heaven have, that he also had one when he dwelled in heaven the first time.  Why would I assume anything different?  Why would Jesus have been the only spirit being dwelling in heaven that didn't have a body?

And look at what 'assuming' did for you?
    It is your assumption that Spirits have bodies in Heaven
    I do not assume – why are you suggestion that I do? Please do not say this again.

Either let it go or go talk to Asana about your many ideas in his thread with the same title.

Mikeboll, are you telling me what and where I can post in this forum?

The conclusion of your false ideas is that Jesus now has a Spirit in a Spiritual Body in a new Spiritual Body.
    That Jesus was in a Spiritual Body when he died on the Cross so wasn't really dead because the Spiritual Body cannot die.
    And that God created the sinful corrupt body of Jesus in the womb of Mary.

Do you have any problem with the conclusion drawn from your ideas?

Toby, I didn't and most likely won't read the rest of the novel you posted.  I don't really care if you agree with the rest of us or not.

Mikeboll, haven't you said this several times now. Yet you keep reading and responding!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Mar. 17 2012,18:49)
    Mikeboll, are you telling me what and where I can post in this forum?

I could prohibit you from posting on this site at all – for we all know who you really are.

BUT……………….. instead I'm asking you as a favor to leave my name out of your posts from here on out. Don't address posts to me, and don't mention me in your posts to others.

Deal?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,07:26)
    Actually Gene,

If I view it the way you do, many scriptures will be adversely affected.  Luke 24:37 is one of them.

Unless you think the disciples were seeing an intellect inside someone, then you have to realize that sometimes the word “spirit” refers to a spirit being.

Once you accept this scriptural fact, then certain scriptures will start making more sense to you, Gene.  You will then come to understand that angels are ministering spirit [beings].  You will understand that Jesus expelled spirit [beings] from many people.

So mike name one other then your Luke “ONE”, list the many for us Mike, i would like to see them.

Peace and love……………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mark 5
    12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.

Demons are Satan's angels, Gene. (Rev 12:9) They are beings, yet here are called both “demons” and “spirits”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2012,20:20)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2012,22:03)
    Even if Paul stated what you say, how do you know what a spiritual body is composed of, except it is not flesh and blood.

Kerwin,

The question of this thread is whether or not spirit beings, such as angels and Jesus, have bodies in heaven.  It seems we agree they do.

Mike,

The question of what the body from heaven is composed of is the question.

You believe that no body of any type of flesh can inherit the kingdom of heaven while I believe that since all flesh is not the same, that no body of corrupted flesh can inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 teaches us the resurrected body is the spiritual body.  We know Jesus was resurrected into a body that was not spirit though it was spiritual; unless 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 does not apply to him.  He did infer it was composed of flesh and bone.  

The two angels that visited Lot also exhibited the two characteristics that Jesus pronounced are characteristics of a flesh and bone body.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2012,04:23)
    toby

3) Jesus dies on the Cross (Going by your assumptions: Which part of Jesus died? Remember that you said that the Spiritual Body of Jesus (and all) is in the Flesh Body of Jesus)

all what dies in a regular man died ,and as men need the intervention of being resurrected so was Christ and that is what really happen

Pierre,

Your words do not make sense.

Did Jesus' body die on the cross?

Do you believe his body was transformed from a spirit body to a flesh body when he was conceived?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 18 2012,22:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2012,04:23)
    toby

3) Jesus dies on the Cross (Going by your assumptions: Which part of Jesus died? Remember that you said that the Spiritual Body of Jesus (and all) is in the Flesh Body of Jesus)

all what dies in a regular man died ,and as men need the intervention of being resurrected so was Christ and that is what really happen

Pierre,

Your words do not make sense.

Did Jesus' body die on the cross?

Do you believe his body was transformed from a spirit body to a flesh body when he was conceived?

kerwin

all dies in a regular man, wen he dies except his soul what goes to «God.,and as men need the intervention of being resurrected so was Christ and that is what really happen

why would the old body be transformed ? God seems not to deal with old stuf God says ;

Rev 21:5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”

why would he give old stuff wen we going to have all new things new earth new heaven

to me wen Christ was risen the old fell and a new more glorified was given to him,

toby
    Participant

Hi Mikeboll,

You said:

BUT………………..  instead I'm asking you as a favor to leave my name out of your posts from here on out.  Don't address posts to me, and don't mention me in your posts to others.

I thought that anyone can post whatever they like in this forum as long as it does not contravene any forum rules or regulations.

By threatening me you are exhibiting fear because I have not said anything to you nor about you that warrants a ban.

I see you are – along with EVERYONE ELSE in this forum – in contention with others yet you do not threaten to ban them. (from what I have seen).

Are you the forum owner? What rule would you apply for the ban?

Is this what moderators do when they disagree on Scriptural beliefs – or is there some other reason why you single me out for this prestigious treatment?

Even so, which is easier to do?

You propose an agreement that I should not mention your name in this thread nor refer any posts in this thread to you.

Well, I can do that.

Will you refrain from tempting me by referring to me and refraining from posting to me?

If so, then we have an agreement.

By the way, what exactly is it that gets to you about my posts as opposed to all the other opposers to what you say in this forum as a whole who you never threatened to prohibit from posting? When I came to this forum you were in repeated cyclic debate with others and still are, yet I don't see you threatening to ban them despite angry, aggressive and volatile words between you that are clearly outside of the rules and regulations of the forum!!

Your one response will not count as breaking the agreement.
    And I request a one response to your one response.

Then the agreement starts, ok?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 17 2012,22:13)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2012,20:20)
    Kerwin,

The question of this thread is whether or not spirit beings, such as angels and Jesus, have bodies in heaven.  It seems we agree they do.

Mike,

The question of what the body from heaven is composed of is the question.

Kerwin,

Read the thread title again. The question is whether or not they HAVE bodies – not what those bodies are made of.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,13:47)
    Mark 5
    12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.

Demons are Satan's angels, Gene. (Rev 12:9)  They are beings, yet here are called both “demons” and “spirits”.

Mike………Spirits are Intellects and can cause a person to Speak as they did in many people . They are not separate begins. They only give our minds intellects, and can cause us to speak from there influences. Even the Spirit of God can do that , as Jesus said (IT) could. remember when he told the disciples to not to meditates on what they would say if put on trial because in the very hour it would be given them what to say, and it would not be them speaking but the Father speaking through them. Now Mike does that mean that a individual “SPIRIT “BODY” comes into them , not it does not mean that it means that a SPIRIT of GOD puts into there Minds what to say.

Now if you can understand this then everything falls into place , and you will be able to understand why Jesus said The Father is (IN) Me. Mike God is a Spirit and can (INDWELL) us all , he was truly (IN) Jesus , But not as a “BODY” of any KIND But as a SPIRIT .

All Spirit are (ASPECTS) of LIFE, no matter what KIND or TYPES they are The Ha-satan spirit which is the intellect of an adversary, the Spirit of Wisdom which is the intellect of wisdom, a clean or unclean spirit which produces the intellects of clean or unclean things, the spirit or intellects of good and evil , All of these are SPIRITS or (INTELLECTS) that can and do impute life awareness into our minds.

Spiirt are and NOW or EVER Have BEEN BODIES , they are the life forces of Life and can be in a PHYSICAL, BODY or exist outside one , But they are NOT BODIES of any kind themselves.

If you understood this then you can see how easy God can remove one spirit and add another in it place and that will change a persons thinking. That is why it say “we are his workmanship created unto good works”, and again “for god works in you both to will and do of his good pleasure”.

Mike see how easy scriptures flow together when you have a proper understanding of what a spirit is?

Peace and Love ………………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Mar. 17 2012,23:26)
    You propose an agreement that I should not mention your name in this thread nor refer any posts in this thread to you.

Well, I can do that.

Will you refrain from tempting me by referring to me and refraining from posting to me?

If so, then we have an agreement.

The “tempting” part is the reason I prefer you just leave my name out of your posts altogether.  Because once I read a derogatory statement about how “Mike stupidly thinks this” or “Mike idiotically believes that”, then I'm drawn right back into defending myself against your many novels – a place I'm trying desperately to avoid.  Not because your points are worth the space on this site they take up, but because I just don't have the interest or time to address your many novels.

Toby, forget my last post.  You do what you want.  I've tried many times to just agree to disagree with you, but you apparently won't have it.  You gave your word that if I answered one last question, that would be the end of our discussion on this subject, but you reneged.

I simply have no interest in discussing the man-made belief of “bodiless spirit beings” with you.  There is no scripture that mentions any “bodiless spirit being”, so all of it is from man's imagination.  On the contrary, many scriptures not only mention the bodies of angels, but describe them to a “T”.

The rest of this questioning is nonsense in my eyes.  

But you post what you want, okay?  I have the power to ignore.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 18 2012,09:55)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,13:47)
    Mark 5

Demons are Satan's angels, Gene. (Rev 12:9)  They are beings, yet here are called both “demons” and “spirits”.

Mike………Spirits are Intellects and can cause a person to Speak as they did in many people . They are not separate begins.

Gene,

Have you ever heard the phrase, “I think, therefore I am” ?

If there is an “intellect” that has its own will and thoughts, it is a being.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 19 2012,03:04)
    Gene,

Have you ever heard the phrase, “I think, therefore I am” ?

If there is an “intellect” that has its own will and thoughts, it is a being.

Hi Mike,

Sounds like a rebellious intellect to me.

Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am; and shall deceive many.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Not sure what that means, Ed.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 19 2012,03:35)

Hi Mike,

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that
    Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (Link)

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke …..That does not fit, becasue a Being has both good and evil cognate thoughts , while a Spirit is a (ASPECT) of a PARTICULAR THOUGHT and there for does not a qualifier as a “BEING”

It is like you are saying a SPOKE of a wheel is the wheel, when in fact it is just a particular PART of the complete Wheel. Same with Spirits they a just particular (PARTS) or aspects of the COMPLETE person who is a BEING, they are Not a complete being that can dwell with with Being as you and many assume by the way. If i say you have an unclean spirit in you, that does not mean that is your “COMPLETE” Being but Just an ASPECT of IT, is there and (IT) that aspect can be removed as Jesus did many times to people, get my point?

The whole idea that a Spirit is a complete “BEING” is False, Satan is not a Person or Being (IT) is a Spirit which effect the Thoughts of a Person or Being.As all Spirits do. Life is derived from Spirits and the very same spirits can be in you me and everyone else at the same time and will cause the same effect in who ever they are in. Spirits are cognate Thoughts therefore they are what Life is and what ever type is residing in you that is what your life Is. All spirits desires us and it is a matter of what we let in that will effect our lives, therefor it says “the SPIRIT (GODS SPIRIT) EARNESTLY DESIRES US” and again. “LET THIS MIND BE (IN) YOU THAT WAS IN JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD”, and again, “I stand at the door and Knock and whoever open unto I will come in and and sup with Him and he with us”

Mike i tell you if you came to understand this it will greately increase you understanding of scripture and remove MYSTERY RELIGIOUS Teaching from you mind and then will get clearer for you, and many thing written in scripture will fall into place for you. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 18 2012,10:38)

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Still no help, Ed.

Please just explain your last statement in easy to understand terms.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 18 2012,10:49)
    MIke …..That does not fit, becasue a Being has both good and evil cognate thoughts , while a Spirit is a (ASPECT) of a PARTICULAR THOUGHT and there for does not a qualifier as a “BEING”

Surely there is a scripture to teach me this concept, right Gene?

Please list that scripture.

Also, do you understand that demons are Satan's angels? YES or NO?

Do you understand that angels are beings? YES or NO?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 19 2012,03:57)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 18 2012,10:38)

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Still no help, Ed.

Please just explain your last statement in easy to understand terms.

Hi Mike,

Did you click on the link?

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….Hows this for what knows a man save the “SPIRIT” that is (IN) him

Now this would be you version of that scripture…………”WHAT KNOWS A MAN SAVE THE SPIRIT “being” That is in the man.”, Tell us Mike how many of the “BEINGS are (IN) YOU? Please describe them for us, are they DEMON BEINGS, GOD BEINGS, GOOD BEINGS, EVIL BEINGS. WISE BEINGS , please tell us How many of these “BEINGS” exist (IN) YOU MIKE Seeing SPIRITS (ARE “Beings” themselves). Tells us Mike do they all have conferences in you head and each express his own separate opinions as a complete “being” would, or are they simply (INTELLECTS) that effect YOUR Thinking, and are not themselves separate “BEINGS” at ALL>

Just describe one of these “SPIRIT BEINGS” tell us what the devil “LOOKS” Like at least Dante had an opinion what he looked like how about your what is yours. What is your rendition of what Spirit “LOOK” LIKE, tell us what God look like , or wisdom looks like or Satan looks like, or clean and unclean Spirit look like or Good or evil spirit look like Mike seeing you believe they are individual “BEINGS” let at least have one description of one of them MIKE>

Face the truth Mike you can not describe any of them becasue they are not individual beings but are aspects of (INTELLECTS) or SPIRITS that are in all BEINGS who have “BODIES” that EXIST as TRUE “SEPARATE” BEINGS , Spirits are the life of all creation both in heave and on the earth. They are what LIFE (ITSELF) IS> And what ever sort of SPIRITS that are (IN) YOU is YOUR LIFE. We are the PRODUCTS of SPIRITS in FLESH “BODIES”. Any kind of Spirit is the “EXACT SAME” in everyone (IT) is IN, and give the EXACT SAME (INFLUENCE in that CREATURE (IT) IS IN. Rather Man or animal make no difference. The same spirit will alway produce the same effect.

peace and love…………………………………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 5,361 through 5,380 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account