Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,001 through 5,020 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,11:54)
    Hi T,
    God's Spirit was fully manifest in Jesus and the apostles.
    They let the Spirit lead and fulfilled the will of God
    That blessing is still offered to men[Acts 2.39]

N

you do not have the spirit ,and so you are not led by it ,

because if you would be you would show it ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So you say.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..Please do remind me of what scripture say and what it in fact does not say, Like where it say SPIRITS of any KIND HAS BODIES of ANY KIND. tell us O Wise one what does a UNCLEAN SPIRIT BODY look LIKE , or What DOES a Clean SPIRIT BODY LOOK LIKE, What dose GODS Spirit Body look like, and for that matter what doe Jesus' “Spirit Body” look like and if there is a BODY that is Spirit then please explain to us Ignorant people exactly what it LOOK LIKE, but try your best to use scripture not your Metaphysical Logic.

peace and love…………………………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca ……Fact is you and your Co-hart have no idea what you two are talking about on this subject, your simply preaching what you have heard all your life about Spirit being BODIES of some kind , like Ghosts and Demons and Spooks all pagan religious ideologies you have put together in your minds. Tell us Pierre when was the last time you seen a Spook or DEVIL or Ghost seeing you both believe in them when was the last time you know anyone who has seen then other then perhaps you and MIKE>in fact not fiction?

peace and love…………………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike ……..By the way this thread is 'DO SPIRITS HAVE BODIES”, it is not about is Jesus or Angels “Spirit Bodies”. We already know Jesus is NOT He said He was not a SPIRIT. Just believe what he said and you will stop stumbling all over yourselves. But you would have us believe Jesus is a LIER right?> IMO

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 26 2012,12:41)
    Terricca ……Fact is you and your Co-hart have no idea what you two are talking about on this subject, your simply preaching what you have heard all your life about Spirit being BODIES of some kind , like Ghosts and Demons and Spooks all pagan religious ideologies you have put together in  your minds.  Tell us Pierre when was the last time you seen a Spook or DEVIL or Ghost seeing you both believe in them when was the last time you know anyone who has seen then other then perhaps you and MIKE>in fact not fiction?

peace and love…………………………………………………….gene

GENE

you are still wandering in the desert and the darkness of your opinions,you can not explain anything in scriptures beside of what as been already explain in it ,

for that reason you are following your own road to paradise, what ever that may be.

we have so many scriptures waiting for answers from you ,that you are of no use to any one including your self.

this is until you will answer those questions.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,12:17)
    Hi T,
    So you say.

N

none of them did not speak untruths

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 25 2012,12:45)
    Mike ……..By the way this thread is 'DO SPIRITS HAVE BODIES”, it is not about is Jesus or Angels “Spirit Bodies”.

Gene, do angels have bodies in heaven? YES or NO?

toby
    Participant

Hi Mikeboll.
    Can you explain how your favourite author and another has explain the following verse:

Young's Literal Translation.

“See my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.”

Barnes' Notes on the Bible.

Behold my hands … – Jesus proceeds to give them evidence that he was truly the same person that had been crucified. He first showed them his hands and his feet – still, pierced, and with the wounds made by the nails still open. Compare John 20:27

He told them to handle him and see him. He ate before them. All this was to satisfy them that he was not, as they supposed, a spirit. Nor could better evidence have been given. He appealed to their senses, and performed acts which a disembodied spirit could not do.

Handle me – Or touch me; feel of me. Compare John 20:27

And see – Be convinced, for you could not thus handle a spirit. The object here was to convince them that his body had really come to life.

For a spirit … – He appeals here to what they well knew; and this implies that the spirit may exist separate from the body. That was the view of the apostles, and our Saviour distinctly countenances that belief.

————————————————————

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible.

Behold my hands, and my feet,…. The Evangelist John adds, “and side”; that is, the prints of the nails and spear, in his hands, and feet, and side; and the wounds they made there, and the scars they left behind; by which they might be convinced he was not a spirit, and be assured of the truth of his resurrection, and that in the same numerical body in which he suffered; as well as that it might be observed by them how great was his love to them, to endure what he did for them.

Handle me and see; or know by feeling, as well as by sight; so that if the one was not sufficient, the other might confirm; sight might be deceived, but feeling could not: Apollonius Tyaneus, to them that did not know whether he was alive or dead, and who took him for a spirit, proposed himself to be touched, and handled, that they might be convinced (z): for a spirit hath not flesh and bones; nothing but appearance, or air at most; no solid substance to be felt and handled: as ye see me have; or may perceive, both by sight and feeling.'

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2012,07:16)

Hi T,
    So you say.

N

Hi T,
    Would you call me a liar and not risk your position?

toby
    Participant

Hi Terraricca.

From what I understand you to be saying,  you are saying that the Spirit (The Holy Spirit) is capable of doing what it will, when it will, how it will.
    And this is perfectly true – and exactly what Jesus is saying to Nicodemus regarding his inability to understand how a man can be reborn again.

However, this was not the point I asked you to comment on.

Yes, the Holy Spirit, yes, the misunderstanding of Nicodemus, yes, the will of the Spirit but NO, nothing about the Spirit having a Body.

Terraricca, with a Body, the 'Spirit Being' is Restricted in what it can do.
    In the Spirit, the Being can do What it will – When it will – How it will.

But enough of this – its just a distraction as the verse is clearly speaking of the Holy Spirit, which we are not discussing.

Thank you for the input!  But can all communication and discussion be directed at the question of 'Do Spirits (Jesus and Angels) in Heaven have Bodies'

Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Feb. 25 2012,15:26)
    Hi Mikeboll.
    Can you explain how your favourite author ……………

Nope.  I couldn't explain how Barnes and Gill are Trinitarians either, nor would I care to venture a guess what goes through their minds.

I agree with many, many different scholars………………WHEN THEY SPEAK ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE.  Now, since there is no scripture in the Bible that says spirit beings don't have bodies, then it wouldn't really matter if Barnes and Gill wrote an entire novel about “disembodied spirits”, because none of it could be SCRIPTURALLY proven.

Paul says Jesus DOES have a new, glorious body.  Jesus IS a spirit being.  You do the math.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Feb. 26 2012,15:38)
    Hi Terraricca.

From what I understand you to be saying,  you are saying that the Spirit (The Holy Spirit) is capable of doing what it will, when it will, how it will.
    And this is perfectly true – and exactly what Jesus is saying to Nicodemus regarding his inability to understand how a man can be reborn again.

However, this was not the point I asked you to comment on.

Yes, the Holy Spirit, yes, the misunderstanding of Nicodemus, yes, the will of the Spirit but NO, nothing about the Spirit having a Body.

But enough of this – its just a distraction as the verse is clearly speaking of the Holy Spirit, which we are not discussing.

Thank you for the input!  But can all communication and discussion be directed at the question of 'Do Spirits (Jesus and Angels) in Heaven have Bodies'

Thanks.

toby

do spirits beings (angels ,God,Christ )

the holy spirit is not a being it is a force of some type,

the wind is like the spirit (this is not talking about beings it talks about the will of God and the ones who are driven by that spirit ,

this is not what we talking of in this topic

but because we know that angels are beings and are individuals with names and authority so is Christ with God at the top,to many people do not understand and so got lost in their own imagination ,
    of cause we do not argue what is the material or structure that body or form may be, we just do not know beside being spirit .we figure that with scriptures we have shown that they have such a thing like a body or form ,

we also know that ideas , thoughts,desires,wills,ect are spirits but are not beings but from beings

terraricca
    Participant

toby

what do you think that angels are free to do all they want ??? NO,they can not ,they also are restricted but in their own realm Paul mention some were that the saints will judge the angels ,

so again spirit could mean many things

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,15:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2012,07:16)

Hi T,
    So you say.

N

Hi T,
    Would you call me a liar and not risk your position?

N

no, that is not what I intend to say,what I say is that none of the saints that was led by the spirit did not lied

Nick,test your own spirit to see if you are in the truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.
    But you say Jesus did?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,17:56)
    Hi T,
    But you say Jesus did?

N

Hi T,
    But you say Jesus did?

Nick,I went five pages back and could not see were it is that I say “THAT IT IS; JESUS THAT CAME IN THE FLESH “

are you testing me ??or what ???

HIS “THE WORD OF GOD AS PER JOHN 1-1 AND REVELATION 19;JESUS CHRIST AND IS HE ALSO THE SON OF GOD,????

yes or no

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2012,07:32)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 25 2012,12:45)
    Mike ……..By the way this thread is 'DO SPIRITS HAVE BODIES”, it is not about is Jesus or Angels “Spirit Bodies”.

Gene, do angels have bodies in heaven?  YES or NO?

Mike ……….I have told you many time i believe they DO HAVE BODIES. But that Body Is (NOT) A SPIRIT “BODY” Because there exists not such thing as a SPIRIT “BODY” and SPIRIT is (NOT) a “BODY” of “ANY” KIND it never was nor will ever be, a SPIRIT is what is (IN) BODIES That GOD HIMSELF CREATES. “FOR HE (GOD) GIVES (it) (HIS CREATED SOULS) A BODY JUST AS HE PLEASES.

MIKE have you or you CO_HART ever “SEEN” a SPIRIT “BODY” or is there ONE SCRIPTURE the CONFIRMS “ANYONE” “SEEING” a SPIRIT “BODY” . Please post it if anyone has , and please don't post a scripture when some “THOUGHT” the say and Jesus said they did not becasue (A) SPIRIT does not have a BODY as YOU SEE HE HAS. IN fact show us ONE JUST ONE will DO>

You have never admitted you simply can't produce JUST ONE Yet can you. That only show how far PRIDE can GOD you can't even admit the obvious. IMO

Mike , Spirit is Spirit, Flesh is Flesh . one is a BODY and the OTHER is NOT. You seem to be unable to decide which is which. You can Blame you false Metaphysical beliefs on that one. IMO

peace and love……………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 26 2012,08:37)
    Mike ……….I have told you many time i believe they DO HAVE BODIES. But that Body Is (NOT) A SPIRIT “BODY” Because there exists not such thing as a SPIRIT “BODY”

Actually Gene,

You have said many times that you DON'T KNOW what the bodies of angels are made of, right?

Is there a scripture that would indicate that angels are made out of something other than spirit?

See, here's the problem, Gene: If you DON'T KNOW what the bodies of angels are made of, then how can you INSIST that they are not SPIRITUAL bodies? Especially when Paul says the elect will be raised with SPIRITUAL bodies – LIKE THOSE OF HEAVEN? ???

Anyway, the point of this thread is to discuss whether or not spirit beings such as angels have bodies in heaven. You and I agree with scripture that they do.

Thank you for your agreement. :)

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

I think Gene believe that angel have a coat rack of human bodies so wen they come to earth they pick up their coat,

:D :D :D :laugh:

Viewing 20 posts - 5,001 through 5,020 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account