Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Jan. 06 2012,16:16)
    Please describe an Angel/Spirit and show where it has a body – should be simple, eh?

How about on the cover of the ark of the covenant? God actually described to Moses exactly how to represent these cherubim.

How about in Ezekiel, where he describes the angels with four wings, four faces, and human hands?

terraricca
    Participant

toby

When God created man, he did not create him wearing clothes. This can open up a new topic of 'What does Scriptures mean when it says that God made clothes for Adam and Eve from animals. Could it mean that man was originally HAIRLESS – and the NAKEDNESS was simply that they were HAIRLESS. God then made it so hair grew on them like hair grows on animals and COVERED their nakedness. Why would Adam and Eve otherwise be ASHAMED of being physically naked when there are societies even today where people go around naked are unashamed. I would submit that it was not physical nakedness that shamed Adam and Eve.

this is out of my understanding,you made this up right ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

toby

Mike, Terraricca, how do you read: 'God is in the BODY of a Spirit' and,
    'Jesus, being in the form of a Body' or,
    'In the SHAPE of God'?

this is why it says form and not physical body ;but the form and the body are limit of a being ,

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……..> Morphing means changing from one state of 'EXISTENCE” To another STATE of “EXISTENCE” Like a Caterpillar Morph into a Butterfly, but Both have Bodies in either state of existence. There form changes but there substance does not change, they in either state are a Physical existence. Preexistence believe Jesus was a Morphed Being From an Angel to a Human Being. However they have NO SCRIPTURE THE EVEN HINT'S that is the case. So they desperately, as do the Trinitarians force Scripture to try to develop these false doctrines of theirs. They grab every Straw they can to build there critique the scriptures here a little and there a little , but never come up with a SPECIFIC DIRECT SCRIPTURE that meet their Dogmas.

This subject is one of the most important subject that any Christian could come to understand becasue it opens up all kind of Bible truths and gives soundness to many scriptures. It is definitely a KEY to understanding GOD'S word. Spirits do not have all kinds of Meanings, even though there are many different (TYPES) , Spirits act in the same way no matter what KIND or TYPE they are. IMO

Ask yourself how can God take out of your the stony hearts and give you a hearts of flesh (soft heart) , By simple removing some wrong Spirit and replacing them with right Spirit. A lepord can not change it's spots and a Ethopian His skin, but all thing are possible (WITH) GOD. And remember where it say

Even How Salvation works is tied up in understand What Spirit are and How they Work (IN) a Persons MIND. Again maintain Spirits not “Beings” they are attributes that and (IN) being and can effect all Beings they are (IN)> IMO Not by power or by might, but by my Spirit saith the Eternal God. WE are in many way very fortunate becasue GOD can remove wrong Spirit and replace it with right Spirit in all of Us, and give us new bodies also. There is nothing wrong with this wonderful world we live in it is absolutely perfect for us all to live and enjoy life in and will always be . The only thing wrong is wrong spirit effecting People and there hearts and minds, But thanks be to God he promises to deliver his whole creation from this bond of corruption that plague it at this time. I will forever be thankful to have a new Flesh Body with the right Spirits in it and enjoy this wonderful earth for ever. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

You aren't even able to understand that “spirit” in Luke 24:37 means “spirit BEING”.  The clear facts are right there in front of you, yet you can't see it.

That causes a problem for you.  Imagine that someone insisted that God was a jelly bean, no matter how many scriptures you showed them to the contrary.  Would you then be interested in anything else that person has to say?

See what I mean?  You have turned a blind eye to so many scriptural FACTS right in front of my own eyes that now, even though you might be saying something scripturally brilliant, I won't know it because I won't bother to read the posts of a man who so easily ignores clear scriptural teachings.

To me, you're like the boy who cried “Wolf!”.  So now, even if you are actually saying something I might learn from, I won't read it because you have lost any credibility you might have had in my eyes.

And yes, I know you're going to say, “Who cares what you think, Mike?”  But I'm not the only one who disregards you as learning disabled because of certain things you stubbornly insist upon just because you don't want to admit someone else was right.  And it's sad Gene, because I actually learned things from you before I stopped reading your posts because of your lack of credibility.

Something to think about, Gene. If you are to be taken seriously about ALL subjects, then you can't allow yourself to seem foolish about ANY subject.

toby
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2012,04:26)

Quote (toby @ Jan. 06 2012,16:10)
    For instance,
    what use does an invisible Spirit of immense power and intellect have for a mouth, or an ear, or an eye, or hands and feet, a head, hair, nose, toes, etc?

And of what use are those things to us?  Surely God could have created us to “mentally hear, smell, and see” the things around us.  But would we enjoy the sounds of a babbling brook with birds chirping and the smell of the flowers as much?  Would we enjoy artworks that were painted by another's “imagination” instead of by his own hands?

Face it, we don't even “need” these sensory organs, but God gave them to us for our pleasure.

If you were an angel, what would be more fun:  Mentally thinking yourself to a distant planet, or spreading your wings and flying there, feeling the wind and the tickle in your belly?  

Your thought that they don't have them because they don't need them leaves out the FUN and WONDERMENT of having them.  

Mike, I keep asking and you keep avoiding answering:  What is your definition of a Body.

I have not noticed where you asked that question of me, but you have helped me with my answer:

Ask then:  What is the form of a Spirit.  You cannot answer that any more than you can answer  'What is the form of a Gas'

It seems herein will lie the crux of our difference.  If ever there is anything, (a spirit being, a human, gas, whatever), that is not everywhere at the same time, then there is an outer, limiting parameter that is distinguishing that the thing is HERE, while not being THERE.  This, to me, is a body.

So if a train wrecks, and lethal gas from one of its cars is unleashed over California, even that gas has a body.  If the gas is hovering over L.A., but hasn't yet reached San Diego, then there is a place where the gas IS, and a place where the gas ISN'T.  The line between where it is and where it isn't is its body.

Had God not a body, then He would be everywhere and everything.  I would be God, you would be God, etc.  If angels had not a body, then they would be everywhere all the time.  And scripture would not then mention angels coming and going from place to place.

I think your (mis)representation of the use of these terms is the cause of why this thread has gone on so long.

This thread has gone on for so long because many different people are interested in this subject, and many different people have differing understandings about it.  This thread has been a blessing for me in that I've been forced to delve deep into scripture for the support of what I've always just understood.

Now, the word “morphe” means “outward appearance”.  How then am I “misrepresenting” the term if the term actually means the outward appearance of someone or something?

Hi Mikeboll64.

I notice you answered the question about Spirits with hands, feet, wings, etc… by talking about humans.  The question was 'What would Spirits need them for… in the Invisible Spirit realm?'  Why do Angels/Spirits need clothes?  Carry a Sword to confront a human being?  Need wings to move from one place to another?  How do they appear from where-ever and disappear to where-ever?

Also, your description of Angels/Spirits – how is it then, that people who saw Angels/Spirits that had materialised into the physical world, could not 'initially' distinguish them from a normal human adult male?

Your description of Angels/Spirits does not tally with that given by others, in Scriptures:
    Moses saw the Angel as burning Fire in a bush;
    The Hebrews in the Wilderness saw the Angel (Jesus) as a Pillar of fire;
    Mary mother of Jesus, Elizabeth, Peter in Prison, the Shepherds on the hillsid, Mary Magdelene at the Tomb, Abraham and Lot… they all saw Angels as looking like normal humans, but only later realised they were Spirits in human form.

And the reference to misrepresentation was directed at Terraricca.

Mikeboll64, I don't think you were serious with your answers about Angels/Spirits.  Considering how long this thread has been going on, I would have thought you could answer with a little less humour that covers lack of knowledge.

For instance, why base your answers to Angels/Spirits – by reference to the physical world?

And I mentioned several times that Gene was forever giving his definition of Spirit, but you never said (That I saw), but just kept badgering him.  If that wasn't explicit enough then at least you have now shown me where you get your weird idea of Body from, and why no one could understand what you were on about..

Something with a “body”, to you, is anything that has a limiting boundary that separates it from other things…Well, that is certainly true for the physical world.  And this explains why you cannot elevate yourself to the Spirit level.  Spirit, as Gene says, is what is in a body of a living being (in the physical world).

The Body of the entity (Man, Animal, Fish, Bird) provides the container (The limiting boundary) for the Spirit.

Did each of the Spirits inside the mad man at the cave have bodies inside the man?  How was there a Legion of Spirits inside the man?  What did these Spirits look like (No description is given, they are just said to be Spirits).

Why when they came out of the man did they go into the swines?  Because they were fallen Angels/Spirits, who could not materialise bodies for themselves, and there-fore had to invade another existing body.  Fallen Angels cannot materialise bodies, unlike Holy Angels.

So, Mikeboll64, If Angels/Spirits possess bodies – then why do they materialise themselves in the physical world? (Or not – for demon Spirits).

The Spirit realm is limitless, so therefore there need be no limit to the boundary of a Spirit – ipso facto, Angels are limitless – effectively bodiless.

God is a Spirit.
    If you limit Angels/Spirits to having bodies in the Spirit realm, then you limit God also because God is a Spirit.
    But you already do, as you seem to be saying that God is in one place in his limitless, boundaryless, invisible, materialless, incorporeal Spirit realm.
    And therefore the Holy Spirit is also contained in a Body in one place in Heaven…

But yet, as Gene says, and Scriptures primarily… that God 'exist in us and around us' – 'his Holy Spirit exists in us and around us' ('Us' being all of God's Holy People).
    And Jesus said (as a Spirit) he would be 'With us' forever.
    How can Jesus be 'With each and everyone' if he is in one place only in Heaven?
    What di
    d Jesus say before this? That he had to go away else the Comforter could not come.
    While Jesus was on Earth he was in physical form, and could only be in one place at a time (even if he could appear at any ONE place at any ONE time).
    In order for him to be at All places he desired to be at Any time, he had to be in Spirit form.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Jan. 07 2012,20:21)
    For instance, why base your answers to Angels/Spirits – by reference to the physical world?

This is YOUR misunderstanding.  Why do you assume angels are “immaterial” or “non-physical” beings?  ???  Did an angel tell you this?  Or are you just convinced that because WE can't see it, it must not consist of matter?

And I mentioned several times that Gene was forever giving his definition of Spirit, but you never said (That I saw), but just kept badgering him.

Oh, I see.  Because you spoke about me not giving my definition of SPIRIT, I was supposed to know you were asking about my understanding of BODIES?  As if they are the SAME thing?  ???  :)

Did each of the Spirits inside the mad man at the cave have bodies inside the man?

You've answered your own question.  If there were spirits (plural), then there was something distinguishing those spirits from each other, right?  If there was not, then they would have lumped all together into one big, multi-spirit being.

Why when they came out of the man did they go into the swines?

And between the man and the swine, were they “everywhere at once”?  Or were they confined to the area between the man and the swine?  Because if they WERE between the man and the swine at the same time they were neither IN the man NOR in the swine, then they weren't “everywhere at once”.  And if they weren't “everywhere at once”, then there was something distinguishing where they WERE from where they WEREN'T.

How can Jesus be 'With each and everyone' if he is in one place only in Heaven?

You fall for the old “Emmanuel” trick the Trinitarians play.  They insist that it means “God with us”, as if Jesus IS God Himself with us.  But it means “God is with us”, as in “God is on our side, helping us”.  Too many times to count, Jehovah says “I am with you” in the OT.  Never does He mean He is LITERALLY right there with the one He says this to.  It means He is supporting them.

Similarly, when Jesus says he'll be there whenever two or more are gathered in his name, he doesn't mean LITERALLY and physically.  He means he will be with us in spirit.  Remember that “spirit being” is only ONE of the many meanings of “spirit” in the scripture?  Jesus is a spirit being who dwells in heaven alongside his God.  But, without leaving the side of his God, he can be with us in spirit (another meaning of the word in scripture).

Let's get back to the meat of our discrepancy “Toby”.  Please address the following that was from one of my previous posts:

Toby, from your previous post it seems that we agree Jesus is now a spirit being in heaven.  And we agree that Jesus was flesh and bone on earth after the resurrection, right?  And we seem to agree that Jesus must have therefore been changed upon his ascension into heaven, right?

Our difference is that I believe Jesus' body of humanity was transformed into the glorious new body he now has, while you believe he shed his body completely.  I offer up Phil 3:20-21 as support to my understanding.

What say you?

Also, I didn't hear anything SOLID from you about the word “morphe”.  If it literally means “outward appearance”, and scripture says Jesus was existing with the “outward appearance” of God, then God must HAVE an “outward appearance”, right?

Get back to me on these last two points. And this time give me a DIRECT answer as to why Paul was anxious to have his body transformed into a body like the glorious new one Jesus has, when you say Jesus no longer has a body at all.

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll64,

This is a post that I never got around to posting.  
    It might help with your questions.

What is a Spiritual Body?

Do a Google search, or Bing or whatever –
    there is not one single reference of a Scriptural nature that pertains to Spirit Body – not one…
    (Forget the Latter day saints unless you want to profess to being a believer in them?).  
    Check SpirituUAL Body while you are at it.  
    Nothing to do with Body of a Spirit.

What is a:
    Spiritual Church,  
    Spiritual Meat,  
    Spiritual Eye,  
    Spiritual Brother/Sister/Father…  
    Spiritual Wealth,  
    Spiritual Mind…  ?  

They all mean 'Invisible, not fleshly, non-physical, even 'godly'.

What does 'theFreeDictionary.com' say about Spirit?  
    Exactly what Gene has been saying (Def: 1) and what I have been saying (defs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ….14).  
    Which one defines a Spirit as being an embodied entity?  
    None of them – but it definitely states that a Spirit “Inhabits, or Embodies, a Place, Object or phenomenon”.  
    This latter means things like Strong winds, Fire, thunder, lightening, rough seas, illness, 'bad fortune' or even positive things too (So the demon spirit can be exorcised!).  

Even more, the quotes that you make, Only state that HUMANS will have their Fleshly Bodies transformed into Spiritual Bodies.  
    Nothing said about Angels/Spirits.  
    So what is the 'Spiritual Body' that Paul talks of?  
    Well, we know that the present bodies that man possesses is corrupt and subject to decay (Death).  
    We also know that Jesus is no longer subject to corruption and death and has a Spiritual Body.
    Jesus was seen and touched by his disciples while in that Spiritual Body.  
    It's not hard to see then that Spiritual Body means a body that is NOT subject to Corruption, sin, death and decay –
    viz-a-viz – a Glorious Incorruptible Spiritual Body (Not a Spirit Body but a SpiritUAL Body).

Mikeboll, you say Jesus only got his Spiritual Body when he ascended into Heaven in the cloud – please explain your thinking on this as this is not what Scriptures says:  Scriptures plainly and clearly states that Jesus was Raised up from the dead into a Spiritual Body…   And was seen by many over 40 days before ascending to Heaven.  
    This is also why the disciples did not immediately recognise Jesus.
    The Glorious spiritual body was cleansed of all corruption: haggardness, stresses, ageing, abuse, sinfulness and was now ageless, pure, incorruptible by anything, undying, etc.  

However, for the purposes of proof of his triumph over death, Jesus kept the wounds in his hands, feet and side.  
    This is reflected symbolically in Revelation as a Lamb looking as if it was slaughtered!  
    Mike, are you going to tell me that God has a slaughtered Lamb standing(?) next to him in Heaven?  
    So then Heaven has animals in it?  
    White and black horses and Angels ride in their back (I thought they had wings?) and the Angels fight with Swords and look like a managerie of differents beasts…

God does not change (Since God is the ultimate – how could he change – to what can he change – it is us, humans, who are changing! – getting ever closer in theory towards where God has been since the beginning (and corrupting ourselves on the way).  
    So, should we still see Heaven through the eyes of the ancients with warrior Angels wearing Greaves, carrying Spears, round buckled shields and riding on white horses, and with double edged swords coming out of their mouths – or, maybe, this was just SYMBOLIC of the POWER and MIGHT that someone in that time era would instantly recognise and tremble at.  Today, perhaps an Apache Helicopter, Nuclear missiles, Excocets, ultramarine Qiraji tanks with auto cloaking device and Space Lazers are more likely,

Can you see that the visions seen by those that wrote them were reflective of their day and time and earthly visualisation.

What do you say?

toby
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2012,09:06)
    Ask yourself how can God take out of your the stony hearts and give you a hearts of flesh (soft heart) , By simple removing some wrong Spirit and replacing them with right Spirit. A lepord can not change it's spots and a Ethopian His skin, but all thing are possible (WITH) GOD. And remember where it say

Even How Salvation works is tied up in understand What Spirit are and How they Work (IN) a Persons MIND. Again maintain Spirits not “Beings” they are attributes  that and (IN) being and can effect all Beings they are (IN)> IMO Not by power or by might, but by my Spirit saith the Eternal God.  WE are in many way very fortunate becasue GOD can remove wrong Spirit and replace it with right Spirit in all of Us, and give us new bodies also.  There is nothing wrong with this wonderful world we live in it is absolutely perfect for us all to live and enjoy life in and will always be . The only thing wrong is wrong spirit effecting People and there hearts and minds, But thanks be to God he promises to deliver his whole creation from this bond of corruption that plague it at this time. I will forever be thankful to have a new Flesh Body with the right Spirits in it and enjoy this wonderful earth for ever.  IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………………………….gene

I agree Gene :) that is true…

toby
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2012,04:24)
    Toby……….I agree with most of what you are saying here with the exception of Angels (NOT) having a BODY  a Material body. Jesus said that we would be as the angels in Heaven and after his resurrection he was like them (IMO) He could appear or disappear go through doors eat food and feel and touch, Angel's did the same thing they appeared and they disappeared ,they ate and drank, but in every case they had a physical Body, Perhaps this is something to consider, WATER can EXIST in Three STATES as a Body, SOLID , LIQUID, VAPOR. Maybe this is what Jesus meant when He said YOU MUST BE BORN (AGAIN) WITH “WATER (AND) SPIRIT.  We basically were already born once with WATER and SPIRIT in this life, So why not Be Born “AGAIN” with WATER (AND) SPIRIT AGAIN. That would make sense in regard to the Scripture that says “For we wait for the resurrection that will witness the redemption of (OUR) BODIES”.

Scripture say God creates his ANGEL”S SPIRITS, i believe we both agree on this part as meaning GOD Created THEIR Spirits and Puts it into Them, to carry out his will and purposes,   I do agree with that part of your assessments, But as far as them not having Bodies i really do not see that Brother. Remember also just becasue we cant See a BODY of Some KIND doesn't mean it is not there, Like WATER in a Vapor state for instance.  I believe GOD has to open up our eyes to see them or he has to materialize them or perhaps they can do that themselves Don't know but Scripture show them with bodies as to what kind Don't know.

But Spirit do not Have BODIES of any KIND they are what is (IN) BODIES, The only one who can exist outside of a Body i believe is GOD and he can also exist (IN) a Body also, because He is A SPIRIT. Angels are not Spirits they are created Beings that have Spirits (IN) them, sent out by GOD To minister>  IMO>

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………..gene

Hi Gene.

The quote is “God makes his Angels Messengers” not “God makes his Angel's Spirits”.  Taken the way you put it, it seems Angels already existed and then God created Spirits to put in them.  That is patently not what was meant.  What WAS meant was 'God uses Spirits as his Angels' – 'God uses Spirits as his Messengers'.  This therefore has nothing to do with Angels/Spirits having bodies.  Angels/Spirits only Materialise Bodies when they come into the physical world,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Jan. 07 2012,21:59)
    Exactly what Gene has been saying (Def: 1)

Your words seem to support “exactly what Gene has been saying”.  Yet Gene ignores definition #7: an angel or demon, and #4: conscious, incorporeal being.

Gene, are you paying attention?

As far as “incorporeal”, it is true that this is the common belief among most people.  But the Bible actually DESCRIBES the bodies of angels many times, and I will believe the Bible over you and the general consensus.

Scriptures plainly and clearly states that Jesus was Raised up from the dead into a Spiritual Body…   And was seen by many over 40 days before ascending to Heaven.

Where does scripture say Jesus received his spiritual body BEFORE ascending to heaven?  As far as I know, Jesus was raised in the same body he died in, complete with scars and holes.  Does that sound “glorious and new” to you?

Address the following point DIRECTLY, and we will see where we stand:

You say that Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, but then shed that body upon his ascension to heaven.  Many years AFTER Jesus shed his body (according to you), Paul said the words in Phil 3:21.

Explain to me why Paul was anxious to have his lowly body transformed into a body like Jesus' new, glorious body……………IF JESUS NO LONGER EVEN HAD A BODY AT THIS TIME.

Also, I see you avoided the whole “outer parameter” point I made about the demons going into the swine.  

Could there possibly have been demons (plural) inside the man if there was nothing to distinguish those demons from each other?  And were those demons “everywhere at once” when they left the man and entered the swine?  Or were they constrained to the area directly between the man and the swine?

Nor have you yet addressed the word “morphe”. If it literally means “outward appearance”, and scripture says Jesus was existing with the “outward appearance” of God, then God must HAVE an “outward appearance”, right?

In the future, please just stick to the points.  I don't need nor want to read a novel about your personal beliefs just to gleam the one sentence that actually addresses a point I made.  Clear and to the point is better for me.  Thanks.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi Toby……….we do agree a lot on this subject brother. I was quoting Heb 1:7 where it says And of (or about) the Angels he says, Who makes his Angels Spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire. God is the one (WHO) “Makes” their Spirits and puts (IT) (IN) them the Angels, and they intern only do his will.

This scripture Mike and other take to mean Angels are therefore Spirits “BODIES”. ,  But that is not what it is talking about to me, it is talking about the SPIRIT that GOD MAKES and PUTS (IN) HIS ANGELS, to carry out His will. This is why i believe Angels do have Bodies of some kind  This is why also I believe ONLY GOD the FATHER HIMSELF SPIRIT, but he has absolute POWER over all SPIRIT becasue he created them all and his “POWER” can control them also. His body is his creation that He can Live (IN) and out of. “that God may be all and (IN) you all, and again that God may be ALL and THROUGH ALL. As fro spirits there is all Kinds of them and they come in many “TYPES” they can be clean and unclean , good or evil, Adversarial (ha-Satan) as Peter was at one time, and as GOD sent out to effect JOBS Life at one time, for JOBS future GOOD by the way.  

There is also the spirit of wisdom, that give us the (INTELLECT) of Wisdom,  All Spirits effect out Minds they give us “COGNATE INTELLECTS” they are what composed and imputes Life to us all. They are expressed through WORDS even GOD SPIRIT is expressed through WORDS The LOGOS, GOD and HIS WORDS are ONE and the SAME, and becasue they (ARE) SPIRIT (INTELLECT) they can Be in us all Just as they were in Jesus or Lord. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Toby…………………………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

that God 'exist in us and around us' – 'his Holy Spirit exists in us and around us' ('Us' being all of God's Holy People).

how is that ;around us God exist ?? is this because all the wickedness ? God is in us how because our sins or sinner condition ???

and wen is it that God be all in all ???scripture,

and why did it took 3.5 years to the disciples to be trained by Christ and after all that time some ad still doubts ,was it because God was in them that they had those doubts??

Mt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
    Mt 28:17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2012,10:15)
    This is why i believe Angels do have Bodies of some kind……….

And you are correct about that, Gene.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………..Not really sure of exactly what you are saying brother, But GOD is OMNIPRESENT , When GOD'S “WILL” is Done He will be in all and Though ALL.

They kingdom come “THY” WILL be done on earth as in Heaven. That is when God will be ALL and in ALL and THROUGH ALL>

Pierre there is more.

John 17:14………And (NOW) come I to thee; and these things i Speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them (THY WORD); and the world has hated them, becasue they are (NOT OF THE WORLD) even as (THE SAME WAY) I am not of the world. 15…> I pray not that you shouldest rake the out of the world, but that you should (KEEP THEM) from the evil. 16…> they are not (OF THE WORLD) even as I am NOT of THE WORLD> 17….> Sanctify them through (THY) WORD : (THY) WORD is truth. 18…> AS (SAME WAY) you have sent me (INTO THE WORLD), even so(the same way God sent Jesus into the world have I also sent them into the WORLD.

Jesus was a man and as a man was sent into the World by GOD , the words sent into the world does not mean coming (INTO) the world as you may think it does.

Peace and love………………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2012,03:31)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2012,10:15)
    This is why i believe Angels do have Bodies of some kind……….

And you are correct about that, Gene.

Mike………..That, though has nothing to do with SPIRITS being any kind of a body as YOU PRESUME it Means.  Unless you have changed your mind? Spirit are NOT BODIES they are what is (IN) BODIES  we will never be a SPIRIT BODIED BEING EVER> We will have a RESURRECTED BODY With SPIRIT (IN) IT, Just as we now Have a BODY WITH SPIRIT IN it ,  It will be a eternal living Body becasue it will have eternal Life giving Spirit (IN) IT> WE will be born  of WATER AND SPIRIT “AGAIN” . IMO

peace and love……………………………………….gene

toby
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2012,02:55)

Exactly what Gene has been saying (Def: 1)

Your words seem to support “exactly what Gene has been saying”.  Yet Gene ignores definition #7: an angel or demon, and #4: conscious, incorporeal being.

Gene, are you paying attention?

As far as “incorporeal”, it is true that this is the common belief among most people.  But the Bible actually DESCRIBES the bodies of angels many times, and I will believe the Bible over you and the general consensus.

Scriptures plainly and clearly states that Jesus was Raised up from the dead into a Spiritual Body…   And was seen by many over 40 days before ascending to Heaven.

Where does scripture say Jesus received his spiritual body BEFORE ascending to heaven?  As far as I know, Jesus was raised in the same body he died in, complete with scars and holes.  Does that sound “glorious and new” to you?

Address the following point DIRECTLY, and we will see where we stand:

You say that Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, but then shed that body upon his ascension to heaven.  Many years AFTER Jesus shed his body (according to you), Paul said the words in Phil 3:21.

Explain to me why Paul was anxious to have his lowly body transformed into a body like Jesus' new, glorious body……………IF JESUS NO LONGER EVEN HAD A BODY AT THIS TIME.

Also, I see you avoided the whole “outer parameter” point I made about the demons going into the swine.  

Could there possibly have been demons (plural) inside the man if there was nothing to distinguish those demons from each other?  And were those demons “everywhere at once” when they left the man and entered the swine?  Or were they constrained to the area directly between the man and the swine?

Nor have you yet addressed the word “morphe”.  If it literally means “outward appearance”, and scripture says Jesus was existing with the “outward appearance” of God, then God must HAVE an “outward appearance”, right?

In the future, please just stick to the points.  I don't need nor want to read a novel about your personal beliefs just to gleam the one sentence that actually addresses a point I made.  Clear and to the point is better for me.  Thanks.

Mikeboll,

Why do I find that when you lose a point on a matter you instantly go on the attack?
    It is clear that your ideas of Spirit do not tally with that given in Scriptures.
    (Not that we were ever meant to dwell on the nature of Angel Spirits!).
    For every statement or claim made that Spirits have bodies there are counterclaims.
    How can this discussion (Debate!!) be concluded?

I rule out Gene's ideas as they are restricted to the Physical Realm.
    I agree with him that 'Spirits need a Body to exist in'.
    That is born out by the fact that Demon Spirits are Never Seen but only active in existing bodies.
    But Holy Angels materialise bodies for themselves and are then seen..
    (Before the Angel with the sword materialised itself visibly Balaam could not see it – nor was affected by it!)

You mention the Demon Spirits not being 'Everywhere' when they left the body of the man and entered the body of the swines.
    Mikeboll, are you for real?
    Did you not read that the Demons 'begged' Jesus to allow them to enter the Swines?
    Demon Spirits cannot go where they please – be 'Everywhere'.
    For them to act in the physical world they need to inhabit a body.
    Therefore they were Restricted to only being 'IN' another physical body until that physical body died.
    Whereupon they would suffer the indignity – of going back to a non-interactive Spirit world – from where they came.
    Why did they 'beg' Jesus to allow them to enter the Swines?
    Because it would else mean that they would go directly back to the non-interactive Spirit world (Spiritual Prison).
    They thought that by entering the Swines that they could remain in the physical world.
    But were wrong, because the swines immediately ran over the cliff and died – sending them back to prison anyway.

Mike, you have a fixation over 'separation' of Spirits.  Can it not enter your mind that things can be active in the same physical space without interference.  Do Radio Waves not act in the same physical air space but yet do not interfere with each other? Mix a glass of water and Juice – are the two elements not in the same physical space in the glass but do not interfere with each other? (Their chemical make up does not change and the mixture can still be separated back to juice and water – its called 'Dehydration').  Despite what is commonly said, Water and Oil CAN mix – its called Homogenisation – water and oil acting in the same space without separation.  All these are Physical examples and the Spirit is way beyond the Physical.

The Legion of Spirits can happily and easily act in the same space inside the man BECAUSE the Spirit does not require a physical Space in order to Exist.
    They only require a physical body in order to Act in the physical world.

Mike, you ignored my point about Angels/Spirits needing Hands, feet, eyes, wings, faces, horses, shields, swords, etc.
    In what context were these descriptions given: in the metaphysical?
    Why so?
    Did an Angel really require a Sword in order to confront a man (Balaam)?
    Yet you previously stated that descriptions of Angels included multiple faces of Beast and Man with Wings etc.
    Yet  no description of Angel/Spirit given by testaments says so.
    Mary, mother of Jesus. Elizabeth, Abraham, Moses, Peter, John the Baptist's Father, to name a few.
    How do you reconcile that?

(So, Angels have 'What looks like Human hands'”(Ezekiel).
    Mikeboll, Angels were created Before humans so how can they have 'what looks like' Human hands'. Surely it would be that Humans have things that look like Angel's hands?)

Your silly answer that Spirits require wings to fly through the air to tickle their feathers shows you have no answer,
    and are completely out of synch with, as Gene says, 'What a Spirit is'.

To me and Gene, it appears… (It gives Body…) to the reasoning that you have no idea what you are professing.

You choose which parts of someone's post you wish to reply to (agree you cant answer every point but…) on the basis of belittling the persons ideas If you see a chance to without taking consideration to the content as a whole – the persons precepts.

It seems you simply want to win a point else you could agree to disagree based on the differing precepts.
    For instance, you will never convince Gene that Spirits exist outside the physical realm.
    Why continue?
    I stated a number of times that Gene is of the class of Sadducees – did you check out what that means and why he believes what he believes?
    Then Why not do it now?

I accept Genes claims that a Spirit (in the physical realm) must be In a Body – it has no Body of its own but is
    only an intellectual Force of Energy and Power that requires a physical body to Act from.

Now, If you want to 'Force' the meaning of 'Body' to say that the 'Intellectual Force and Energy is limited 'Therefore it has a Boundary: a Limit to it's effectiveness' then so be it.  
    But this is NOT what the common nor the topical meaning of 'Body' is defined as – this is a Mikeboll's personal dictionary definition.

In the same vein, I notice that you shied away from answer the point that by defining Body in such a way you then limit God and his Holy Spirit to also having bodies – Making the Holy Spirit also a Person (oops – Sounds like Trinitarianism!)

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll, Terraricca,

Please explain to me your understanding of this: 'Jesus, being in the Form of God…'  Please explain in the context of what 'Form' God is in and how this relates to term 'Body' and the term 'Spirit'.  Additionally, What is (are) the difference(s) between A 'Body and A Spirit?

toby
    Participant

A glass of water – the water is Embodied by the glass – the water itself does not have a body.
    Break the glass or pour out the water from the glass – where does the water go?
    Everywhere …
    Of course, in reality, because of the physical world, it would fall downwards due to the 'Body' of Gravity around it.
    Also when it hit another substance, that substance would 'Embody' all or part of the water.
    Let's say now that the water was released into empty space – what would happen to the water?
    It would turn into a 'Gas' and expand into the empty space filling the space – its new 'Body'…the Boundary of the space is the Body.
    But if that space was limitless then that gas would be Everywhere in that space making it Bodiless.
    You cannot see it, touch it, feel it – but it is there and can be recollected at 'Any One Place' again –
    perhaps inside another glass given enough Force and Power acting on it.
    The same glass: water, add orange juice, mix it around.
    Where is the orange Juice?
    Everywhere in that glass of water.
    Add sugar, mix it around.
    Where is the sugar in that glass of water and orange juice?
    Everywhere – yet the three substances are distinct and separatable – they co-exist and co-act together.
    Taste the mixture – can you not taste the water, the Orange and the sugar together and independently – yet the Spirit is far more than a Glass of orange teasting sugared water.
    Jesus said that the Spirit was like the wind.
    What did he mean?
    You can see and feel its effects but you cannot see it nor feel it by itself.
    And it is 'Everywhere' (in the physical open air) how is its effects seen and felt?

When it Acts on Physical Elements : Bodies… You can SEE 'it' when it picks up water molecules and forms clouds, you can feel it, as it moves the air around your body and knocks tiny particles of grit and dirt (and roof slates and tree branches) into you.

Then it is gone – where to?
    Where did it come from in the first place?
    'no one knows whither it comes nor goes'
    Why DID Jesus say those words, Mike?
    I warrant he was speaking to ones just such as yourself.

toby
    Participant

hi Mikeboll,

I forgot to respond to your question about Paul and the Glorious body.
    First off, I did not say that Jesus does not have a body at all.
    In fact it seems you are trying to box me into a corner – believe me, you cannot do that – I know what I believe!
    I said that Jesus has a body that is materialised when he is on earth and dematerialised when he goes to Heaven.
    When he is in Heaven he is a Spirit – and does not have a body as a Spirit. Please do not say I said otherwise.
    On earth he has a Glorious Body that can never die, unlike a normal mortal sinful body.
    For this reason Paul is anxious to gain the same so his own Mortal Body is sinless, righteous, uncorruptible, Glorious – to wit, Spiritual, like Jesus'.
    Mike, why would a Spiritual Body be said to be 'not subject to  death and decay' if it is a Spirit – when it is all the way known that the Spirit cannot die nor is subject to decay?
    How is Jesus' Body made better by being Spiritual if all that it means is that Jesus became a Spirit Being – when Jesus was Already a Spirit Being before He came to Earth
    And since Angels are Spirits – and you say that they have bodies – then They also must already have Spiritual Bodies (as you say)..
    and therefore Jesus has Only achieved what Angels already have.
    Do you see the false circle you just drew?
    By your ideas , you have destroyed the glorious triumph and achievement of my Lord Jesus Christ and made him equal only to the base spirit servants of God.
    I think you just boxed yourself in your own corner.

Also, Mikeboll, describe God from Scriptures and describe Jesus from Scriptures: where are they the same 'Morphe' as each other : Jesus, being in the same 'Morphe' as God.
    Mikeboll, are you ok!

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account