Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,201 through 4,220 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

Jesus says you're wrong:
    Matthew 10:28
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Paul says you're wrong:
    1 Thessalonians 5:23
    May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The writer of Hebrews says you're wrong:
    Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

John says you're wrong:
    Revelation 6:9
    When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

I will believe them, and not you.

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

?:)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….Let me Paraphrase Matt 10:28 for you……….Do not fear his who can destory the Body but can not Kill the complete Being, But fear him who can destory the Spirit and the BODY (IN) the “GRAVE”. ……….> why does Jesus say BODY at all if it were no going to exist any more according to your teachings MIKE. Look up the the word used there for Soul and you will find it should be rendered SPIRIT.

! Thes 5:23…………The first  Spirit is the Spirit we recieved from GOD the Holy Spirit, the second Word Spirit is the breathe of Air in our Bodies and that with a Body equal a LIVING SOUL , or living Being.

so is the other scripture you quoted it simply is saying God Word is a divider of the truth down to our very being.

The scripture you quoted in Revelation is simply Symbolic Language and can Not be taken LITERALLY, but in a Spiritual Sense.

The simplest answer is this

God breath into Adams Nostrils the breath of Life and Adam (after that) became a “LIVING SOUL”   Nothing more and nothing less. Man (IS) A LIVING SOUL as long as it “The BODY” is alive .

There are literally hundreds of scriptures that show a Soul is a complete living BEING not just part of an Existence that keep on living after we die. I know you would like it to be like that Mike as the ancient Greek and Egyptians and most all Pagan did also, but the Fact are when you die that is it forever and unless you attain to the resurrection from the dead you would no longer exist as a LIVING SOUL again.

YOUR teaching of a “IMMORTAL SOUL” that exist after a person die is a false teaching Mike rather you understand that or not. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

YOUR teaching of a “IMMORTAL SOUL” that exist after a person die is a false teaching Mike rather you understand that or not. IMO

this is a lie ,Mike t8,and me never believe this nor say it ,to be immortal ,would be having recieved immortality from God and be in heaven ,with Christ

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 12 2011,07:21)
    Mike……….Let me Paraphrase Matt 10:28 for you……….Do not fear his who can destory the Body but can not Kill the complete Being, But fear him who can destory the Spirit and the BODY (IN) the “GRAVE”.

The spirit doesn't get destroyed, Gene.  The spirit goes back to Him who gave it.  So your analogy is flawed.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 12 2011,07:21)
    Look up the the word used there for Soul and you will find it should be rendered SPIRIT.

The Greek word for spirit is “pnuema”.  The Greek word for soul is “psuche”.  They are two different words, and they mean two different things – just as “spirit” and “soul” mean two different things in English.

Gene, it is apparent to me that you will NEVER budge from what you already believe, no matter how many scriptures we show you.  

I won't be speaking with you too much from here on out.  After two long years, I have decided that you are a waste of my time and effort, because you will always hold your own truth above the scriptural truth, no matter what any of us say.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike ……..And i don't need to dialog with you and your false assumptions and your “OPINIONS” as to what scriptures say . That is Just fine with Me . So perhaps you should dialog with those who Just believe as YOU do. I have seen many here who do not agree with you renditions of what Scripture means, I am Just one of the Many who have come and gone from here. This only proves the point, the blind can indeed lead the blind IMO.

peace and love………………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Mike and Gene

Gene never surrender his false believe he as to keep up his standard in his personal believe ,if he does not do that then he definitively has to change what he knows and bring it in line with Gods word ,and drop his EGO,this he cannot do ,this is to much to ask from Gene ,we understand ,

Mike

so it is back to square one ,it will always be the same ending with people that look more to talk about them self ,and in is written comment he claims victory ,so what can any one do with it ??only Gods knows

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Pierre,

I've just grown tired of reading the same old thing from him over and over and over. We've all refuted or explained everything he's ever posted, but still, he never says anything new. He just keeps posting the same old stuff we've already explained to him.

“Gene, your Lord says he came down from heaven.”

“Mike, if only you understood what spirit really is, you'd be able to get this.”

Over and over and over and over and……………………. :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 13 2011,19:36)
    Pierre,

I've just grown tired of reading the same old thing from him over and over and over.  We've all refuted or explained everything he's ever posted, but still, he never says anything new.  He just keeps posting the same old stuff we've already explained to him.

“Gene, your Lord says he came down from heaven.”

“Mike, if only you understood what spirit really is, you'd be able to get this.”

Over and over and over and over and…………………….  :D

:D :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………The truth does not change so why not hear it over and over, you have every right to keep your distorted views as well as Pierre does so lets just leave it at that OK, And please don't say it just from me, all of these have said the same things, ED J< Martian< not3in1 Paladin> Frank> Chosenone> Kejon> Shimmer> Astri> Nick, and many many others have proven your dogmas and false teachings wrong many many times and have said the same thing over and over. Not to mention, so does the scriptures.

peace and love…………………………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL…………….Back to the subject do Spirit have bodies , NO they DO NOT that are what is (IN) BODIES. This need to be understood clearly Spirit are Types of KNOWLEDGE which forms our intellects, causing us to will and desire things. There is no such thing as “SPIRIT BEINGS” .This simply is a false teaching There are Spirits (IN) “BEINGS”> There are clean and unclean Spirits and these drive our thoughts and we conduct our lives according to these Spirits they form our will and desires (IN) US. They want to reside (IN) us, Just as it says “for the SPIRIT earnestly desires us”. When we recieve them into us they greately effect our thinking, much like if you invite a person into you house they dialog with you and effect you thinking, it is the same with Spirits. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………………………..gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Gene B.

After the resurection Jesus appeared to his apostles and stayed on earth for 40 days; he had a body that they could touch and feel and he ate also,and he could walk trough walls
    How would you explain that?
    Satan lifted up Jesus on a mountain.
    SAtan appeared to eve in the form of a serpent.
    Angels appeared to abraham;and the angel Gabriel appeared to Daniel.
    Satan appeared before God in heaven,to accuse Job.
    He is the father of evil,if someone has an evil mind it is because he is influenced by Satan; that person is a servant of satan doing his will.

Please consider.——wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 15 2010,15:21)
    Kerwin……….Angels do have Bodies because GOD give them bodies and give everyone a body just as he pleases, they are visible bodies and can actually be seen maybe not in our visual spectrum unless God lets us see that spectrum. Like Elijah was able to see in. but they have to have bodies of some kind. And God Make there spirits (intellects) in them and sends them forth. All Souls have bodies with Spirit in them, and that includes angles. Spirit is not a Body Jesus said that plainly when he said a Spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see i have. Jesus' resurected Body consisted of flesh and bone, notice he sis not say flesh and Blood , but flesh and bone. I believe it is absolutely necessary we attain to a resurrection of a Body in order to continue to Live or exist.

peace and love……………………….gene

Hi Gene b.

so angels have a body, but Satan The fallen angel does not have a body??
    where are you going bradda?
    stay with the scriptures or you will end up lost in the wilderness.Drink of the life giving water,Dont touch polluted waters.Satan loves what you preach; you say satan does not exist,he is very happy with you.

I preach that satan is very well in this world, he is the God of this world,he runs this world but he is under Gods control
    Isiah 10: 5–15.He is created a creature with wisdom and perfect in beauty(ez28:12) 13.THou has been in eden the garden of God—-. You have much to explain.

Ok Gene B. you have a nice one.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup………If you preach the Satan run this world you are in error, becasue it is LORD GOD alone who runs all thing and that includes this world, But what he allows is what he allows for his reasons, The spirit of an ADVERSARY is indeed the main function Spirit in the World becasue the world is not obeying the LORD GOD and HIS “WORDS”. Personifying SATAN as a “BEING” is LIKE PERSONIFYING Wisdom as a “She”, in scriptures, neither are real (INDIVIDUAL) Beings they are SPIRITS at work in all creation. IMO

peace and love to you and yours wakeup………………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 22 2011,05:19)
    Hi Gene b.

so angels have a body, but Satan The fallen angel does not have a body??

Gene believes that angels have bodies, but doesn't believe that angels are ministering spirits, like Paul says.  He doesn't believe that Jesus became a life giving spirit, but that he “had a life giving spirit put inside of him”.

He believes that there is only ONE meaning of the word “spirit” in scripture, and that it ALWAYS refers to “the intellect inside someone”.

I have asked him if the disciples thought they were seeing “an intellect inside someone” when they saw the raised Jesus, and thought they had seen a “spirit”.

But conversations with Gene, as you will soon discover, circle round and round without any real answers to the scriptural questions we ask him.  He will continue to parrot the same thing over and over, as if you didn't just scriptural refute what he said.

I pray that God guide you and grant you patience, Wakeup.  It is a big hill that you have decided to climb.  I believe that getting to the top is important, and my spirit was willing.  My flesh, on the other hand, finally became so weak that I gave up.

peace,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………Have you thought your have been turned over to Satan for the destruction of the body that you spirit may be saved on the day of Judgment?. You speak much but understand little IMO. You try to slander those who do not see as you do, But the spirit will have (ITS) perfect WORK , rather you like it or not. Where and when have i ever say Angels do not have Spirits given them by God and sent out to Minister to the Saints. You false understand of what Spirit is Your own confusion here, by thinking and speaking that spirit has all kind of meanings when in fact (they) do not have all these sorted meaning you give (then)> and they are NOT BODIES of ANY KIND. You have run many of this site by your personal attacks on them and your put downs, and with you confused form of religion, recieved from you preconceived Preexistence beliefs, that SEPARATES Jesus from our own (EXACT) IDENTITY with him as a 100% pure human being coming into existence at his berth on this earth just as we did.

peace and love…………………………………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 23 2011,07:37)
    You have run many of this site by your personal attacks on them and your put downs………..

Like who, Gene?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 24 2011,08:02)

You have run many of this site by your personal attacks on them and your put downs………..

Like who, Gene?

Like …….Astiri, and Paladine,Frank, Marty and on it goes. You have personally attacked all of them and even me as you just did down playing me in the site if Wakeup. You simply wait for the opportunity to add you ignorant two cents worth in in a derogatory way. You definitely go out of your way to slander people, and your last post to wakeup only proves the point, If you disagree with what i say then use scripture not your adversarial and half wit remarks. OK

peace and love……………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 23 2011,16:56)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 24 2011,08:02)

Like who, Gene?

Like …….Astiri, and Paladine,Frank, Marty  and on it goes.

Istari was banned for breaking MANY rules over and over.  I gave him only ONE of the FIVE tiles needed to be banned.  Who gave him the other four tiles, Gene?

Paladin, Frank, and Marty are all still posting members here.

So who exactly did I “run off”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 23 2011,16:56)
    You definitely go out of your way to slander people, and your last post to wakeup only proves the point,

What exact words did I say to Wakeup that are inaccurate, Gene?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,201 through 4,220 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account