Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,781 through 3,800 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 22 2011,10:16)
    Thanks Kerwin.  Let me know if something comes to you.

Will do, God willing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………….> Don't be drawn in by Mike, Spirits do NOT HAVE BODIES, THEY ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES, and a Man consists of just two things a Body and Spirit and that equal a “LIVING SOUL” nothing more nothing less, just that simple Kerwin. No confusion needed. If we do not attain to a resurrection of our Bodies we simply will never live again. A soul does not exist out side of a body brother. God can Destroy Both the body and therefore the soul (IN) the Grave by just leaving the body in the Grave  and not resurrecting (IT), if he so choses to.  So as Jesus said fear GOD who can destory both body and hence your Soul “IN THE GRAVE OR HELIOS. Hell is just a English word for In the Ground.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene,

I got the feeling you were avoiding this thread because you didn't want to answer this question:

Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of?

Will you answer it now?

Thanks,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Eze 28:12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:
    “ ‘You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    Eze 28:13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.
    Eze 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    Eze 28:16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.
    Eze 28:18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    Eze 28:19 All the nations who knew you
    are appalled at you;
    you have come to a horrible end
    and will be no more.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Eze 28:12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:
    “ ‘You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.

You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    Eze 28:16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.
    Eze 28:18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    Eze 28:19 All the nations who knew you
    are appalled at you;
    you have come to a horrible end
    and will be no more.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 24 2011,20:22)
    Hi Gene,

I got the feeling you were avoiding this thread because you didn't want to answer this question:

Will you answer it now?

Thanks,
    mike

Mike,

Flesh and bone since scripture attests they both eat and can be touched.  It even tells us mana which can be eaten by human beings is the food of angels.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,17:39)

Hi Gene,

Will you answer it now?

Thanks,
    mike

Mike,

Flesh and bone since scripture attests they both eat and can be touched.  It even tells us mana which can be eaten by human beings is the food of angels.

Kerwin

not according to this scriptures

the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.

shimmer
    Participant

All,

Iv been learning about the Jezebel Spirit lately, and from learning – it's obvious that this Spirit can be found in anyone anywhere at any time. Its everywhere, in the Churches, on Internet Forums, the damage it can cause is HUGE and theyre talking about it everywhere.

Everything becomes flesh, all spirituality is gone, men become egocentric and woman become confused when there is a Jezebel Spirit around. It causes divorces and division and pain.

So as you can see from this and other Bible examples a Spirit can be in anyone at anytime. The body of the Spirit is whoever it is in!

terraricca
    Participant

shimmer

So as you can see from this and other Bible examples a Spirit can be in anyone at anytime. The body of the Spirit is whoever it is in!

this I do not understand

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,17:39)
    Mike,

Flesh and bone since scripture attests they both eat and can be touched. It even tells us mana which can be eaten by human beings is the food of angels.

Hi Kerwin,

Flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Do you suppose that angels cannot inherit God's Kingdom?

Also, what scripture tells of angels eating manna?

peace,
    mike

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,12:18)
    shimmer

this I do not understand

Hi Terra,

If someone on here had the Spirit of Jezebel, and another person on another forum had the same spirit of Jezebel working through them, and another thousand people in different Churches had the same Spirit of Jezebel working through them, the damage is the same wherever it is.

So the Spirit is working through all different people to bring about the same trouble. The Body of the Spirit is whoever it is working through – thousands of people all at the same time.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 25 2011,18:24)

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,12:18)
    shimmer

this I do not understand

Hi Terra,

If someone on here had the Spirit of Jezebel, and another person on another forum had the same spirit of Jezebel working through them, and another thousand people in different Churches had the same Spirit of Jezebel working through them, the damage is the same wherever it is.

So the Spirit is working through all different people to bring about the same trouble. The Body of the Spirit is whoever it is working through – thousands of people all at the same time.

shimmer

Jezebel spirit is not a being but action and thoughts,

and so it is sin but in a specific action

related to what Jezebel did in her time to Gods people and prophet

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Terra,

If you look around the Internet you will see how this Spirit of Jezebel which is mentioned as an Individual in the Old Testament and in Revelations is everywhere today. So though called an Individual its actually a behaviour seen in People that is correct. It is often diagnosed in Psychiatry as Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

So does this Spirit of Jezebel have a Body? Yes. Whoevers body it is working through which can be thousands of different People anywhere.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 25 2011,18:40)
    Terra,

If you look around the Internet you will see how this Spirit of Jezebel which is mentioned as an Individual in the Old Testament and in Revelations is everywhere today. So though called an Individual its actually a behaviour seen in People that is correct. It is often diagnosed in Psychiatry as Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

So does this Spirit of Jezebel have a Body? Yes. Whoevers body it is working through which can be thousands of different People anywhere.

shimmer

you are loosing me with your spirit and body there is no body for sin ;sin is men spirit in him acting against Gods will,

I have no idea how you can believe this Jezebel spirit staff.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,06:06)

Hi Gene,

Will you answer it now?

Thanks,
    mike

Mike,

Kerwin

the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.

Jesus proposed two tests to prove he was flesh and bone and not spirit.

Genesis 19:3

King James Version (KJV)

3And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

The angels passed test one by eating.

Genesis 19:10

King James Version (KJV)

10But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

The angels passed test two by touching Lot and therefore being touched by Lot.

Thus scripture demonstrates the two angels who warned Lot had flesh and bone bodies.

Psalm 78:25

King James Version (KJV)

25Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

It explicitly states that human beings ate the food of angels and eating is one test Jesus proposed to prove he was flesh and bone and not spirit.

Please explain why you believe Ezekiel 28:13-14 contradicts those scriptures as I do not see wisdom in guessing your thoughts. Thank you!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Shimmer,

Where is the “spirit of Jezebel” mentioned as an entity in the scriptures?

Also, are you aware of the two different “spirits” we've been discussing here?  One kind is like our own spirits, which are not entities in and of themselves.

The other is “spirit BEINGS”, such as God, Jesus, angels, demons, and those of us who are raised to a life in heaven.  It was for the discussion of THESE spirits that this thread was started.  Do ANGELS have bodies Shimmer?  Does JESUS?  How about SATAN and his demons?

THESE are the “spirits” being discussed on this thread.  Not the “that dude has a mean spirit” kind of “spirits”.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:16)

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,06:06)

Hi Gene,

Will you answer it now?

Thanks,
    mike

Mike,

Kerwin

the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.

Jesus proposed two tests to prove he was flesh and bone and not spirit.

Genesis 19:3

King James Version (KJV)

3And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

The angels passed test one by eating.

Genesis 19:10

King James Version (KJV)

10But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

The angels passed test two by touching Lot and therefore being touched by Lot.

Thus scripture demonstrates the two angels who warned Lot had flesh and bone bodies.

King James Version (KJV)

It explicitly states that human beings ate the food of angels and eating is one test Jesus proposed to prove he was flesh and bone and not spirit.

Please explain why you believe Ezekiel 28:13-14 contradicts those scriptures as I do not see wisdom in guessing your thoughts.  Thank you!

Kerwin

the original question was;]Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,06:18)

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,17:39)
    Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

Flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.  Do you suppose that angels cannot inherit God's Kingdom?  

Also, what scripture tells of angels eating manna?

peace,
    mike

Mike Boll,

Psalms 78:25 speaks of mana being the food of angels.

So your point is that the scriptures that speak of angels eating and being touch appear to disagree with the one that states flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

If that is so then it is up to us to ask, seek, and knock at the opportunities God gives us to understand his intent.

Offhand though it is by the Spirit of Christ and not by flesh and bone that one inherits the kingdom of God. The angels of God have the Spirit of Christ dwelling in them.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:16)

The angels passed test one by eating.  The angels passed test two by touching Lot and therefore being touched by Lot.

But I can touch a garbage disposal and it's not made of flesh.  It can also consume the food stuffs I put down it's throat.  I think that's a very thin amount of “proof” to conclude that angels are flesh beings, Kerwin.  There are also many scriptures that distinguish them as SPIRIT, which is often used as an antonym of FLESH.

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:16)

King James Version (KJV)

Thank you for that scripture.  I had apparently overlooked it.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:30)
    So your point is that the scriptures that speak of angels eating and being touch appear to disagree with the one that states flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

I believe it is shortsightedness on your part that leads you to believe that only flesh can eat or be touched.

1 Cor 15
    44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

This tells me that those of heaven exist in spiritual bodies while those of earth exist in natural, fleshly bodies. It tells me that these bodies of flesh cannot enter into heaven to God's Kingdom. And it tells me that those of us who will have our citizenship in heaven will have to exchange our flesh bodies for spirtual ones in order to exist there.

That's how I read it.

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 3,781 through 3,800 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account