Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

Gene,
    Is Michael the ArchAngel a Spirit – a Messenging Spirit?
    Is Michael the archAngel a Person?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JA………..Spirit is NOT a Person, it is Spirit (INTELLECT) or and (IT)and when (IT) is in a specifically created BODY then (IT) is a person or a Loving Soul. IMO

As far as Angels Go They do have bodies and their Spirits in them are placed there by GOD and they are sent out to do his work. JA a body can be seen or not seen it depends the light spectrum it exists in. IMO

peace and love……………………………………….gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 28 2011,19:45)
    Irene,

Jesus is in the heavens but he is still striving to defeat the enemies of God’s people and his people in this world.  

You wrote:

Take a closer look at verse 14

Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.  

WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN OF HIS FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH…..

John 14

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
    9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Jesus teaches us in John 14:8-11 that the glory of the Spirit of Christ is shown because God lives in Jesus and Jesus lives in God.     That is why Jesus is called Emanuel, God with us.

Irene quoted:

1Cr 15:45   And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.  

1Cr 15:46   Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  

1Cr 15:47   The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.  

1Cr 15:48   As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.  

1Cr 15:49   And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Genesis 2:7 (New International Version, ©2011)

7 Then the LORD God formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Paul is speaking of the creation of man as the first Adam was made from the earth and the second Adam that gave the first Adam life came from God.

Both the new heavens and the new earth will be part of the kingdom of God.  1Cr 15:49 is speaking of all that are resurrected from the dead on that day.     All those who serve God are meek as those who lack humility will refuse to submit to Jesus’ reign.

You wrote:

Rev. 21 tells us that God will come down from Heaven with the New Jerusalem, and will be with men.  Do you think that any body that is not a Spirit Being will be able to see either Jehovah God or Jesus who is like His Father?  I don't think so…. .

1 Corinthians 2

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
      The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us

It is the Spirit of Christ which knows the deep things of God and it is the Spirit of Christ that reveals those things.  That is why Jesus taught us we should know the God by knowing Jesus.  In a like way those who know the students of Jesus will know Jesus.

There is some of your post I have yet to look into and meditate on.

Note: All Scriptures from c. 2011 NIV scriptures.

Kerwin! In heaven Jesus is not reigning as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When Jesus comes again His will rule as King for a thousand years.
    You seem to go on and on about John 1:14, all I wanted you to see that it is Jesus who was The Word of Gos, who became flesh in verse 14.
    Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is speaking about WHO BECAME JESUS CHRIST…..THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH. Yes, God with us…..but also The Word of God, or the Spoken Word of God…..
    Kerwin! You have to believe what you want, I can't show you it seems,,,,, So may the LORD be always with you, Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ May 04 2011,00:05)

Irene,

Jesus is in the heavens but he is still striving to defeat the enemies of God’s people and his people in this world.  

You wrote:

WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN OF HIS FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH…..

John 14

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Jesus teaches us in John 14:8-11 that the glory of the Spirit of Christ is shown because God lives in Jesus and Jesus lives in God.     That is why Jesus is called Emanuel, God with us.

Irene quoted:

1Cr 15:45   And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.  

1Cr 15:46   Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  

1Cr 15:47   The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.  

1Cr 15:48   As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.  

1Cr 15:49   And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

7 Then the LORD God formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Paul is speaking of the creation of man as the first Adam was made from the earth and the second Adam that gave the first Adam life came from God.

Both the new heavens and the new earth will be part of the kingdom of God.  1Cr 15:49 is speaking of all that are resurrected from the dead on that day.     All those who serve God are meek as those who lack humility will refuse to submit to Jesus’ reign.

You wrote:

Rev. 21 tells us that God will come down from Heaven with the New Jerusalem, and will be with men.  Do you think that any body that is not a Spirit Being will be able to see either Jehovah God or Jesus who is like His Father?  I don't think so…. .

1 Corinthians 2

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us

It is the Spirit of Christ which knows the deep things of God and it is the Spirit of Christ that reveals those things.  That is why Jesus taught us we should know the God by knowing Jesus.  In a like way those who know the students of Jesus will know Jesus.

Kerwin!  In heaven Jesus is not reigning as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When Jesus comes again His will rule as King for a thousand years.
    You seem to go on and on about John 1:14, all I wanted you to see that it is Jesus who was The Word of Gos, who became flesh in verse 14.  

This is speaking about WHO BECAME JESUS CHRIST…..THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.  Yes, God with us…..but also The Word of God, or the Spoken Word of God…..
    Kerwin!  You have to believe what you want, I can't show you it seems,,,,, So may the LORD be always with you, Peace Irene

Irene,

The writers of scripture do not think like you do. I am pointing out how they think while being carried along by the Spirit of Christ.

Anonymous

Quote (Istari @ May 02 2011,08:27)
    Gene,
    Is Michael the ArchAngel a Spirit – a Messenging Spirit?
    Is Michael the archAngel a Person?

Hi Istari,
    Hi all,

Archangel Michael is a spiritual created being,and has a kind of spiritual body apart the spirit which belong to The Holy Spirit who is in every created being.He also is one of those who has the privilege to be visible to humans,but remains as ghost.Only Jesus Has the spiritual Flesh yet.
    Archangel Michael is the chief prince defender of heaven.He is the most powerful,and he is one of the closest to God's realm.

peace and love to all

Charles

Anonymous

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2011,05:57)

Irene,

You wrote:

John 14

Irene quoted:

You wrote:

1 Corinthians 2

Kerwin!  In heaven Jesus is not reigning as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When Jesus comes again His will rule as King for a thousand years.

This is speaking about WHO BECAME JESUS CHRIST…..THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.  Yes, God with us…..but also The Word of God, or the Spoken Word of God…..
    Kerwin!  You have to believe what you want, I can't show you it seems,,,,, So may the LORD be always with you, Peace Irene

Irene,

The writers of scripture do not think like you do.  I am pointing out how they think while being carried along by the Spirit of Christ.

Hi All,
    Your quote:Jesus teaches us in John 14:8-11 that the glory of the (Spirit of Christ) is shown because God lives in Jesus and Jesus lives in God.

No not the same as:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

there is a big difference in your quote: of (Spirit of Christ)

your quote: It is the (Spirit of Christ) which knows the deep things of God and it is the Spirit of Christ that reveals those things.

The spirit of God not the (spirit of Christ.)
    You are giving the impression that the spirit of Christ is another spirit,but it is the same spirit.There is only one spirit in God between the Father and His Son. Read John 14:23 Jesus is being clear here that through the Holy Spirit,
    (one spirit),both the Father and the Son will make their abode with men.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him

Quote:Rev. 21 tells us that God will come down from Heaven with the New Jerusalem, and will be with men.  Do you think that any body that is not a Spirit Being will be able to see either Jehovah God or Jesus who is lik
    e His Father?  I don't think so….

Rev.21 God will possess all in all and Jesus will not be seen since He would have given everything to His Father, which means His body of spiritual Flesh will be owned By God the Father, the Son, spirit wise only will return were He was in the beginning as the word within the Father. I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

Now read John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

This means that Jesus will be represented in His Saints both body and spirit wise,since they were created by Him ,for Him ,and with Him and also saved by Him.

Through creation God became even bigger then He was before creation through His Son sacrifice. And He will continue to grow for ever and ever with a faster rate.Rev: 22

peace and Love

Charles

Baker
    Participant

Kerwin!
    It is not what the writers believe, it is how you perceive those Scriptures. We don't have Christs Spirit in us, we have Gods Spirit in us. It is Gods Holy Spirit that reveals the truth to you. Not Christs. And how would you prove that?
    We go through Jesus to go to the Throne of God and ask for forgiveness of our sins. But I also believe that you misunderstanding John 14. Gods Holy Spirit is also in Christ, they are one, as we are one in Christ. But it is not Christ's Spirit that reveals the truth to us, its Gods Holy Spirit who does. I agree with Charles on that.

Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene and Charles,

I consider that the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Spirit of God. I call Jesus’ human spirit the spirit of Jesus. The two spirits of Jesus the Anointed are also called his two natures.

I believe that the human spirit of each believer is transformed into the likeness of Jesus’ human spirit by the Spirit of Christ.

I believe Charles mentioned more and I will plan to get back to it later by the power of God if God is willing.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ May 04 2011,14:46)

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2011,05:57)

Irene,

You wrote:

John 14

Irene quoted:

You wrote:

1 Corinthians 2

Irene,

The writers of scripture do not think like you do.  I am pointing out how they think while being carried along by the Spirit of Christ.

Hi All,
    Your quote:Jesus teaches us in John 14:8-11 that the glory of the (Spirit of Christ) is shown because God lives in Jesus and Jesus lives in God.

No not the same as:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

there is a big difference in your quote: of (Spirit of Christ)

your quote: It is the (Spirit of Christ) which knows the deep things of God and it is the Spirit of Christ that reveals those things.

The spirit of God not the (spirit of Christ.)
    You are giving the impression that the spirit of Christ is another spirit,but it is the same spirit.There is only one spirit in God between the Father and His Son. Read John 14:23 Jesus is being clear here that through the Holy Spirit,
    (one spirit),both the Father and the Son will make their abode with men.

John  14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him

Quote:Rev. 21 tells us that God w
    ill come down from Heaven with the New Jerusalem, and will be with men.  Do you think that any body that is not a Spirit Being will be able to see either Jehovah God or Jesus who is like His Father?  I don't think so….

Rev.21 God will possess all in all and Jesus will not be seen since He would have given everything to His Father, which means His body of spiritual Flesh will be owned By God the Father, the Son, spirit wise only will return were He was in the beginning as the word within the Father. I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

Now read John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

This means that Jesus will be represented in His Saints both body and spirit wise,since they were created by Him ,for Him ,and with Him and also saved by Him.

Through creation God became even bigger then He was before creation through His Son sacrifice. And He will continue to grow for ever and ever with a faster rate.Rev: 22

peace and Love

Charles

Chales

how do you come to that conclution?

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………We are drifting completely off subject here people. This subject is do spirits have bodies. I maintain the do not have bodies but are what is in bodies, Spirit it the cognate ability to percieve things All spirit (intellect) comes from GOD and returns when we die. It is absolutely crucial that a container be reconstructed (a body) of some kind in order for us to continue to live as a Sentinel beings and individual souls. A resurrection is necessary for all including Jesus to continue to live after death. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

But Gene, are not all angels ministering SPIRITS?

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……..Does that include your “Mystical Satan Being” is he and angel sent forth from God also. Mike “God Creates His” (now follow this please) ANGEL'S SPIRITS another word their (intellects), “and sends them out to minister unto the Saints”. another word he puts those thoughts and intellects in his angel's this is not saying his angels are spirit beings. There is not such thing as a “SPIRIT BEING” there is Spirit that is in BEINGS. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Mike………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 10 2011,09:00)
    Mike……..Does that include your “Mystical Satan Being” is he and angel sent forth from God also.  Mike “God Creates His” (now follow this please)  ANGEL'S SPIRITS another word their (intellects), “and sends them out to minister unto the Saints”.  another word he puts those thoughts and intellects in his angel's this is not saying his angels are spirit beings.  There is not such thing as a “SPIRIT BEING” there is Spirit that is in BEINGS. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Mike………………………..gene

Gene

Satan is the one angel that rebelled toward God but he does sit around to jump into anyone,the damaged he did is to put controversy in the mind of men and this is why we are in this mess,we there for have to choose to serve God or the opposition.

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
    Jas 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
    Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
    Jas 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
    Jas 1:16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers.
    Jas 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
    Jas 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Gene,

The quote is not 'God made his Angel's Spirits'.
    It is 'God made his Angels Spirits' : He made his Spirit [Sons] to be Messengers.
    He could have made MANKIND his 'Angels'/'Messengers' but He chose to make His Messengers those from the Spirit class.

I don't think there is anyone else who has ever misinterprets that verse to say what you say it says.
    You have to go to great lengths to get it to mean what you say it means.
    Can you find any support for your version?

Istari
    Participant

Spirits don't have bodies because – they are Spirits – that's what 'Spirit' means : Without body!

How difficult can it be – Spirit: Immaterial, without body.

The body confines. It has to be contained as one unit.
    The Spirit frees. It has NO CONFINEMENT. It can go where it will.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ May 10 2011,13:50)
    Spirits don't have bodies because – they are Spirits – that's what 'Spirit' means : Without body!

How difficult can it be – Spirit: Immaterial, without body.

The body confines. It has to be contained as one unit.
    The Spirit frees. It has NO CONFINEMENT. It can go where it will.

istari

this statement is ridicule ,not true according to scriptures and so it is only your opinion and also of some others.

you are entitled to your opinion just as the Pharisees ad there's .
    Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ May 09 2011,13:46)
    Gene,

It is 'God made his Angels Spirits'

I don't think there is anyone else who has ever misinterprets that verse to say what you say it says.

I was referring to this scripture:
    Hebrews 1:14
    Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

But you are correct that no one but Gene seems to think it says, “God Creates His” (now follow this please)  ANGEL'S SPIRITS another word their (intellects), “and sends them out to minister unto the Saints”.

To me it says that angels are spirits.  ???

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………….God not only Created the Spirits (IN) his Angels, but He created the Spirits (IN) us also. What do you think it means “the Spirit returns to GOD who gave it”, when we die?> Again Angels, humans like you and I and Jesus have bodies Spirits do NOT, They are what dwells (IN) bodies, GOD who is Spirit was truly (IN) Jesus. Just as Thomas came to understand He was the LOGOS that was (IN) the man Jesus, and that logos of GOD WAS GOD and can be (IN) Us also Just as Paladin Brought out. That God may be (IN) all and (THROUGH) ALL. IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ May 10 2011,06:46)
    Gene,

It is 'God made his Angels Spirits' : He made his Spirit [Sons] to be Messengers.
    He could have made MANKIND his 'Angels'/'Messengers' but He chose to make His Messengers those from the Spirit class.

JA………Angels have Bodies as has been seen many times in Scriptures, but GOD does not have a body (why)? because GOD is Spirit and no man has ever seen him. The scripture i quoted can be taken the way you and Mike and most everyone else takes it that believes in Spirit (BODIES) but i see no scripture that say a Body of any kind is a Spirit.

The material plane and the Spiritual plane are not on the same level as you well know, But spirit is useless if it is not in a Body to animate, it just simply goes about in arid or dry place looking for a Body to rest in. that include both clean spirit and unclean spirit. Some would say well is God useless because scripture say he is Spirit, does he drift around in arid or dry places? < NO because God Lives vicariously (IN) his Physical creation and operates (IN) and Though Them < His creation is his Body he lives in and through. IMO

Remember the scripture that say don't say who will go Get God that we might hear him , He says he Neigh to us and in our mouths. and in our hearts. IMO>

peace and love to you and yours JA………………….gene

Istari
    Participant

Gene,
    So… Spirit is useless unless it is in a body to animate it…you say.

And you also say,'God is a Spirit'….

Gene, it is a good thing that God forgives such errors!

Moreover, no one ever said that a 'Body of any kind is a Spirit' – you make up your own error then attribute that error to others!

You are right that a spirit is in a physical body to animate it… That is the sad level of your argument that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON disputes. Gene, as to the physical world – yes, you are absolutely correct: Man, Animals, Fish, Birds, even plants, have some sort of Spirit in them – yes, intelligence of different amounts… Perfectly true…

But Gene, we not talking fleshly physical entities… So, in fact, seeing that you don't believe in heavenly spirits (Called Angels) then you have nothing to say regarding the content of this thread.

The thread is about 'Spirits in the heavenly realm' – it is not stated explicitly as there is no one (else except yourself) who could ever think there were NOT anything called SPIRITS in heaven.

Why does 'Sting' write a song about 'Spirits in the material world' if all Spirits were only IN bodies in the material world?

Gene, your posts are like a man going into a maternity ward and telling the women inthere that childbirth is painless.
    Yes, it CAN BE… but more often that not – it's not!

Yes, Spirits are IN BODIES. But Bodies are only in the Material world.
    What does the word Angel mean: Messenger.
    Why are you hung up on the word Angel/Messenger when it is only a Title of a class of Spirit – the class of Spirit which God uses to deliver his word.
    There are other Spirits (Cherubims, Seraphims, etc) who do not Messenger – are not SENT FORTH… but offer Sacred Service and Worship to God.

Gene, you speak of Angels in the material world (Messenging Spirits) that have bodies. Have you examined the text surrounding those descriptions? How should an invisible being make themselves visible to someone in the physical world: by LOOKING LIKE them.

Angels appear as temporary human-like persons – often in simmering pure White apparel… Why shimmering? Because they are not fully whole bodies.
    Of course, if need be, they can become whole but their MESSENGING more often than not does not require it – they appear – deliver their message – then leave again immediately.

The physical world confines – the Spiritual world frees.
    Why would free 'Spirited' Angel want to be restricted by the confines of flesh more than it had to?

Gene, your argument is not in line with the thread topic.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account