Delusions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Who doesn't have some delusions in their assorted beliefs?  For those old enough, think back 25 years ago to what you believed, has it changed? where you deluded then or now? I'm not advocating accepting false beliefs and we should confront them but we must do so being careful not to bring judgment upon ourselves.

1 Corinthians 4:1 So look at Apollos and me as mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God’s mysteries. 2 Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. 3 As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. 4 My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide. 5 So don’t make judgments about anyone ahead of time—before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due.

2 Peter 2:3 – These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

seekingtruth
    Participant

AndrewAD,
    Welcome to HN hope you stick around.

Wm

AndrewAD
    Participant

Yes my beliefs are still changing on some things.I'm seeking a better understanding of scripture which is what led me to this site.Recently I was in a Christian chat room where someone stated that if one doesnt believe in the trinity they are going to hell.I simply stated that the biblical requirement for salvation is believing Jesus is the son of God even though I believe in the trinity.I was called a heretic and they all were trying to convince me of the trinity.Many got very angry with me.
    Tbh I was proud of myself for standing up for the simple truth and laughed when they got mad and called me a heretic.I dont now accept the trinity doctrine as stated in the nicene and athanasion creed and dont know that I ever really did as far as the co-equal parts go.I've been reading alot on this site and find it very interesting.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2012,16:46)
    The Heaven Net “urban” Dictionary defines: Delusions – False beliefs that everyone but me suffers from.

St

You right but just make sure the ,ME ,are the scriptures or God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (AndrewAD @ July 08 2012,18:20)
    I've been reading alot on this site and find it very interesting.

I've been seeing your name as a member, and have been wondering if you were going to post anything.

Welcome. :)

seekingtruth
    Participant

To all:
    We do not receive all truth at salvation, it is a lifelong search that few, if any, even begin to scratch the surface of understanding all there is to know. So remember, some are ahead, and some behind in the process or their knowledge may be in different areas. Our job is to get others started on the path and relay truths as they have been reveled to us, leaving out our analysis of others motives, knowing that we will all be judged for how we handled the truth given us. Presenting truths with judgment and arrogance will only harden those your trying to reach. Also these are perilous times so listen to what others are telling you and if it fits better with the whole of scripture, be open to it as you may be the one deceived.

My opinion – Wm

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 08 2012,15:51)
    Okay Kathi,

So let's adjust your statement:  Jesus is a member of the unity that He is a son of and a son in.

If you include the “OF” part, which you must because it is scriptural, then you're STILL saying Jesus is his own son – or at the very least, part of his own father.

Or would you prefer to eliminate the scriptural “OF” altogether so your man-made doctrine can reign supreme over the scriptures?

Mike,
    How about not adjusting my statement. Just deal with it.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 08 2012,14:05)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 08 2012,12:32)
    Mike,
    Do you remember me changing the word to 'in' instead of 'of' because I thought that would help you understand better? You may have not seen that because you have not acknowledged it.

I not only saw it, but responded to it (1st post on page 19).  My response was something to the effect of, “Does the Bible say Jesus is the Son OF God, or the Son IN God?”

You are not allowed to change the Bible's “OF” to “IN”, just so it suits your own man-made doctrine, are you?

Mike,
    Can you please admit that you were in error in what you said here now that I have shown you that He is 'in' the Father as well as 'of' the Father?

Lightenup
    Participant

Good posts William :)

Welcome AndrewAD!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 09 2012,22:03)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 08 2012,14:05)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 08 2012,12:32)
    Mike,
    Do you remember me changing the word to 'in' instead of 'of' because I thought that would help you understand better? You may have not seen that because you have not acknowledged it.

I not only saw it, but responded to it (1st post on page 19).  My response was something to the effect of, “Does the Bible say Jesus is the Son OF God, or the Son IN God?”

You are not allowed to change the Bible's “OF” to “IN”, just so it suits your own man-made doctrine, are you?

Mike,
    Can you please admit that you were in error in what you said here now that I have shown you that He is 'in' the Father as well as 'of' the Father?

Kathi

how his Christ the son of God ;;IN the father ??? and how is he OF God the father ???

terraricca
    Participant

AndrewAD

welcome to HN

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Do you ask for the purpose to seek understanding or just to attempt to destroy and belittle?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Why delusions are so hard to overcome (unsure of author) There is only one certain barrier to truth the conviction that you already have it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2012,14:37)
    To all:
    We do not receive all truth at salvation, it is a lifelong search that few, if any, even begin to scratch the surface of understanding all there is to know. So remember, some are ahead, and some behind in the process or their knowledge may be in different areas. Our job is to get others started on the path and relay truths as they have been reveled to us, leaving out our analysis of others motives, knowing that we will all be judged for how we handled the truth given us. Presenting truths with judgment and arrogance will only harden those your trying to reach. Also these are perilous times so listen to what others are telling you and if it fits better with the whole of scripture, be open to it as you may be the one deceived.

My opinion – Wm

Seeking ………………..Good Post brother.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD…………Welcome and i hope you can both learn and edify us all.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2012,21:37)
    To all:

My opinion – Wm

st and kathi

We do not receive all truth at salvation,

now this ;

it is a lifelong search that few, if any, even begin to scratch the surface of understanding all there is to know

it seems to me that we all receive the scriptures ,but not all perceive it as the truth,of God ,and need to be interpreted by men.

Paul say ;

RO 1:12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine.
    RO 12:6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;
    RO 15:2 Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification

do we have to be encourage with faulty teachings ???
    do we have to our understanding as God given truth or let the scriptures be that ???
    his our own opinion made for the edification of our neighbor ???
    NO TO ALL ,I SAY

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 10 2012,01:47)

To all:

My opinion – Wm

st and kathi

now this ;

it is a lifelong search that few, if any, even begin to scratch the surface of understanding all there is to know

it seems to me that we all receive the scriptures ,but not all perceive it as the truth,of God ,and need to be interpreted by men.

Paul say ;

RO 1:12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine.
    RO 12:6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;

do we have to our understanding as God given truth or let the scriptures be that ???
    NO TO ALL ,I SAY

Terricca………That may be a Problem you have brother. While Jesus did tell us to Have Salt in ourselves He also said to have PEACE.

We need to make sure we do not turn away a New Born form God or Jesus, that we do not offend them, Because what does it say, if anyone offend one of these little one , it is better that a Mill Stone be placed around his neck and cast in to the sea. While we do need to have Salt among ourselves we still need to maintain Peace also Brother. Just as it say have you Faith? have it unto yourself We are not to condemn another just becasue they disagree with us Brother. Remember LOVE is GREATER then KNOWLEDGE or FAITH, According to Paul and Jesus . IMO

peace and love to you and your Pierre…………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 10 2012,09:01)

Quote (terraricca @ July 10 2012,01:47)

To all:

My opinion – Wm

st and kathi

now this ;

Paul say ;

NO TO ALL ,I SAY

Terricca………That may be a Problem you have brother. While Jesus did tell us to Have Salt in ourselves He also said to have PEACE.  

We need to make sure we do not turn away a New Born form God or Jesus, that we do not offend them, Because what does it say,  if anyone offend one of these little one , it is better that a Mill Stone be placed around his neck and cast in to the sea. While we do need to have Salt among ourselves we still need to maintain Peace also Brother. Just as it say have you Faith? have it unto yourself  We are not to condemn another just becasue they disagree with us Brother. Remember LOVE is GREATER then KNOWLEDGE or FAITH, According to Paul  and Jesus . IMO

peace and love to you and your Pierre…………………………………..gene

gene

I never seen a new born with a college degree ,and always sure of his teachings ,like you and others and twisting scriptures ,and push others to convince them of their own opinions.and blame others of lack of understanding if they do not accept their views,views that they can not prove in the light of scriptures

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2012,03:57)
    T8………..Interesting , you can produce not one scriptures that shows any activity of Jesus before his berth on this earth

Gene, what is more interesting is your question.

Jesus emptied himself and came as a human baby and grew in like manner to us.

Now that he is in the glory that the had with the Father before the world began.

He is the mystery that has been revealed to us.

Were you expecting Jesus to come to Earth and even after emptying himself to tell stories about when God made all things through him and for him.

This just shows that you have a blindness or stubbornness to the fact that Jesus was before Abraham, his origins are of ancient times, and he is NOW in the glory that he had and that he obviously was given the name Yeshua/Yahashua/???

When Michael the archangel spoke with Daniel did he tell him stories about his past?

All things in their time gene. There is a season for everything. Be patient and if you walk on the true path, will not he reveal all things to us.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2012,22:38)
    Why delusions are so hard to overcome (unsure of author) There is only one certain barrier to truth the conviction that you already have it.

That is true. Although if you have the truth it should have that conviction. But if you have a conviction for something that is not true, then it appears to be hard for people to let that go.

I think at least we should be open to other views and allow ourselves to be challenged.

I myself just need to see proof to the contrary. Scriptural proof is good enough. I can change my mind with such because I consider myself a student.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account