Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean: Hi Mike

Thanks for the encouragement….But I wonder if I will continue to post anything on this thread, if no one is interested, except for one or two…

Think of it this way… This site only has six active members.  If you’re reaching two of them, you’re reaching a third of the entire population!  😅

Berean
    Participant

Gene

With you, it seems wrong to belong to a church. The bible from which I gave you passages from Ephesians 4: 4-16. demonstrates the opposite.
    But you ignore it. YOU NEVER ANSWER QUESTIONS…
    IT’S SAD.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

If Christ were only a man, HE WOULD BE A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN
    “FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED FROM THE GLORY OF GOD”

AND THEREFORE A SINNING CHRIST NEEDS A SAVIOUR…

BUT THE BIBLE LET US KNOW WE ARE SAVED BY GOD “THROUGH THE SACRIFICE OF JESUS ​​CHRIST (THE SON OF GOD MADE MAN)
    👇
    JESUS ​​SAVIOUR
    1John.4
    [14] And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

2Pet.3

[18] But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2Pet.2
    [20] For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Gene, IF GOD THE FATHER IS YOUR FIRST LOVE, THEN YOU WOULD LOVE HIS SON THE SAME WAY.

THE EXPRESSION “FIRST LOVE” REFERS TO THE FERVOR OF OUR LOVE FOR GOD AND FOR HIS SON, OUR SAVIOR.

IF WE LOSE OUR FIRST LOVE, WE LOSE IT BOTH FOR THE FATHER AND FOR THE SON, BECAUSE THE TWO ARE “ONE”.

🙏

Berean
    Participant

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Here is the Daily Devotional

DOESN’T THE BIBLE SUPPORT THE DRINKING OF WINE? PART 1

It is often argued that the wine the apostle Paul recommends to the disciple Timothy in this passage is alcoholic. Yet this is false for many reasons: First, the Greek word oinos is used and can denote either fermented or unfermented grape juice. It depends on the context. In addition, there are historical references supporting the use of unfermented wine for medicinal purposes in the ancient world. For example, Athenaeus (ad 280) counsels to use unfermented grape juice for stomach disorders. Some health authorities today urge the drinking of grape juice based on its rapid therapeutic ingestion into the system.

Timothy might also have been living as a Nazirite if he was drinking only water. Paul was telling him to use a little grape juice, which has a soothing effect on the body—indicating that Timothy abstained and needed to be urged to take even just a little new wine. Drinking fermented wine can contribute to stomach ulcers; Paul would never recommend old wine for stomach therapy.

Earlier in the same epistle, Paul instructs Timothy that bishops were to be abstinent (nephalion) (1 Timothy 3:2, 3). The apostle would not have encouraged Timothy to drink alcoholic beverages when he had, earlier in the same letter, forbidden their use by church leaders (1 Timothy 3:8).

Moreover, since alcoholic drink is categorically condemned in Proverbs 20:1 and 23:29–32, it is inconceivable that New Testament church leaders would condone it. So there is nothing in Paul’s counsel to Timothy to indicate that this “little wine” was fermented. Since Timothy had an apparent problem of digestion and other infirmities, the recommended use of grape juice might well have been an effective dietary supplement.

The Bible writers also recommend the unfermented grape juice as a blessing to the body. “Thus says the Lord: ‘As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says, “Do not destroy it, for a blessing is in it” ’ ” (Isaiah 65:8). The kind of wine that is “in the cluster” is nonalcoholic.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach’s sake and thine often infirmities. 1 Timothy 5:23 

God bless 

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Hère is the Daily Devotional

<span style=”color: #3366ff;”>DOESN’T JESUS SUPPORT TH DRINKING OF WINE? PART 2 </span>

The whole of Scripture is clearly and adamantly against the consumption of alcohol, but human nature will look for any textual ambiguity as a “loophole” to justify drinking it. An example of this is the wedding in Cana, where Jesus turned water into wine. “When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from … the master of the feast called the bridegroom. And he said to him, ‘Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!’ ” (John 2:9, 10).

Those who support the intake of alcohol suggest this must have been alcoholic wine—after all, it was a wedding, and every wedding has wine … right? But let’s consider the implications. There were six pots for Jesus to fill, and each of those would hold 20 to 30 gallons. That’s up to 180 gallons of beverage! Are we to believe that Jesus made 180 gallons of a destructive drug, enough to get every guest drunk and launch this new marriage with slurring lips and staggering feet? Indeed, He would have been acting against His own Word!

The best conclusion is that Jesus made unfermented wine—and the governor of the feast complimented the groom on its pure quality (John 2:4, 6, 10). Fermented wine could be found in Israel all year long. This is the reason that the master of ceremonies was so surprised. He was marveling that someone had produced so much fresh grape juice that normally could only be found during the harvest.

Although fermented and unfermented wines are translated from the same original word, the biblical context establishes that no alcoholic drink is approved by God. Jesus certainly wouldn’t go contrary to the Old Testament, which forbade the use of fermented wine (see Proverbs 23:29–32). It is true that “wine” is approved for use in the Bible, but this is the pure juice of the grape without fermentation.

<span style=”color: #3366ff;”>KEY BIBLE TEXTS</span>
    <span style=”color: #3366ff;”>And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. John 2:3 </span>

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……You don’t understand the concept between the First love, which Jesus told the rich man was God, the greatest love we should all have, God the Father wascalwsys Jeus’ “first love”. BUT TGE CHURCH OF Ephesus , made Jesus their first love and were rejected by God, just as Rev 2 Shows, the same exact same thing has taken place in nearly all Christanity, and they will all be rejected who do that.  ALL WHO HAVE Mde Jesus their God are Idolaters and will be rejected by Jesus himself   just as the Church of Ephuses was. Unless they repent, just as Jesus told them to do.  BEREAN , they wern’t rejecting Jesus, they were rejecting God , by Makin g Jesus equal to God the Father.  Have you done that? 

Peace and love to you and yours Berean……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Berean……You don’t understand the concept between the First love, which Jesus told the rich man was God, the greatest love we should all have, God the Father wascalwsys Jeus’ “first love”. BUT TGE CHURCH OF Ephesus , made Jesus their first love….. Etc

Me

IT’S NOT GOING BETTER GENE.
    WHAT YOU SAY IS ENTIRELY FALSE. THIS IS PURE HERESY. IT IS A CONSEQUENCE OF REJECTING THE “DIVINITY” OF CHRIST. NO MORE NO LESS.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BEREAN…… Tell me, what are you going to do when you see a real human being return with great power to regain over  this earth as a King? Let me tell you Ok, you will reject him because he will not say he is  your God ,and he will reject the churches, just as he did the Church at Ephesus inRevelations, because they left their “first love”,  you and all of so-called christanity will reject him and fight agaibst him , calling him the “Anti-christ”.  Saying his power is of the devil, exactly like the Jews did at the time Jesus was on this earth before,  your minds are already preconditioned for this, by thinking the antichrist must come first.  Jesus will fight against the “FALSE TEACHINGS ” OF ,  Churches with the sword of his mouth.  2ths2,  for those who have eyes to see. 

God the Father is the “ONLY” “first”,  true love, the “Second love” , Is “like”unto it, (but not the same) ,  you shall love your neighbor as you love yourself,  Jesus is a  Man, not a God. Jesus is my brother, not my God either.  He is the “man”,  “God saved”,  humanity through, he has been highly exaulted “by GOD”,  AND HE DOES HOLD THAT HONOR,  BY ALL TRUE BELIEVERS.  BUT NON OF THAT SAYS,  HE IS GOD or,  A GOD, or,  EQUAL WITH GOD either. Jesus is submissive, and obediant, to God , just the exactly same way we should be also. 

I am not against any church, but i am against their “false teachings”, and  so is Jesus Christ and God the Father,  by the way. 

Peace and love to you and yours Berean……..gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Useless to insist

Proclaimer
    Participant

Think of it this way… This site only has six active members. If you’re reaching two of them, you’re reaching a third of the entire population! 😅

Tis true. Flat Earth helped sink the ratings along with some other subjects. So Google was banned from indexing the site so these subjects could be discussed without using intentional spelling errors to avoid censorship.

But the other search engines which do not censor, didn’t promote the site either because I believe they still copy the results of Google to some extent. It’s back with Google BTW, but I am not sure if that will help at all.

IMO DuckDuck should elevate sites that have banned Googlebot. It would be a smart move as they would gain access to sites that Google wouldn’t have access to and this would provide another real reason for using an alternate search engine. Further, it would ruin Google’s mantra of indexing all the world’s information and making it universally accessible. It could even help Google to behave themselves if such a strategy were used.

Anyway, to enlighten you berean, I never read these posts because I know they are denominational teachings and I tend to steer clear of tens of thousands of denominations doctrines just because they are so different and it’s almost impossible to clean that mess up. I prefer to read and learn from inspired individuals and debunk false doctrines that try to entrap people into cults. So I will read stuff from people that they wrote themselves. And am also happy to watch videos that others post here because that is easy and not so time consuming.

So it might not be worth copy-paste preaching here on Heaven Net and find another platform? After all, I bet no one here reads these posts. Perhaps just one or two from time to time.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

SOME SAY THAT WHEN WE’RE IN HEAVEN, WE’LL BE WEARING ROBES OF LIGHT. IS THIS BIBLICAL? 

The Bible does talk about angels that appear to be clothed with light, but nowhere in the Bible will you find the words “robes of light.” Let’s go back to Eden to get a clear picture of what it might be like for us in heaven.

A major misconception is that Adam and Eve were streaking around the garden naked like a newborn! But in reality, Adam and Eve had garments of light that clothed them—an aura of light if you will—because they were righteous and they dwelled in the presence of God. Let me explain from the Bible why I believe this is true.

When Moses spent 40 days and 40 nights on the mountain talking to the Lord, he came down and was glowing. The Bible says he was shining so brilliantly that the people said, “Veil your face. We can’t even look on you.” Those who dwell in the presence of the holy God, those who are righteous, are surrounded by an aura of light.

Jesus said to the church, “You are the light of the world.” I don’t believe the Lord is going to have cotton, linen, wool, or camel hair robes in the kingdom. When Adam and Eve sinned, the light went out and they were suddenly aware of their nakedness. They had no artificial clothing in the garden; that’s why it says they were naked. But they weren’t streaking around and suddenly realized it after eating the fruit. That would make it sound like the fruit actually made them smarter.

In the kingdom, when it talks about the saints who have these robes, I believe that these are living robes of light. It’s based on what the angels wear. The Bible speaks of the angels of light. I don’t think they’ve got weaving looms in heaven.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him. Exodus 34:35 

God bless

carmel
    Participant

He Gene,

You: God the Father is the “ONLY” “first”,  true love, 

Genesis 3:17 And to Adam he said: Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldst not eat,

cursed is the earth in thy work;…..

IN THE ABOVE Gene, THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL IN ADAM, REJECTED GOD, THEIR FIRST LOVE!

23 And the Lord God sent him out of the paradise of pleasure, to till the earth from which he was taken. 

24 And he cast out Adam; and placed before the paradise of pleasure Cherubims, and a flaming sword, turning every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

IN THE ABOVE IT WAS GOD THIS TIME, THE FIRST LOVE, WHO REJECTED THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL IN ADAM!

MY FIRST QUESTION Gene, IS :

APART FROM EVE, WHO REPLACED GOD AND BECAME ADAM’S FIRST LOVE, OR MORE PRECISELY THE FIRST LOVE OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE?

SHOW ME SCRIPTURE THAT CLEARLY TEACHES THAT

GOD BECAME THE FIRST LOVE AGAIN OF THE HUMAN RACE!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

IF CHRISTIANS PASS FROM “DEATH INTO LIFE,” DOES THIS MEAN OUR SOULS GO ON LIVING EVEN THOUGH OUR BODIES DIE? 

Not at all. You see, the Christian receives everlasting life as a gift when he or she accepts Jesus. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” (John 10:28). You pass from certain death to certain eternal life when you accept Christ.

We can more clearly understand what it means to avoid the condemnation of the “judgment” in this text by remembering that the Bible speaks of a “first” death and a “second” death. The first death can happen to anyone before the coming of Jesus. The second death is eternal, one from which there is no resurrection or possibility of life.

When we accept Christ we can still experience the first death, but we are given the assurance that we will not suffer the second death. John wrote, “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power” (Revelation 20:6). It is the lake of fire that destroys all sin and is spoken of as the “second death” (v. 14).

Note what the Bible says of the apostle Paul: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing” (2 Timothy 4:7, 8). Paul had the assurance of eternity even though he suffered the “first” death as a martyr.

We know that “it is appointed for men to die once” (Hebrews 9:27), yet we can be assured on this earth that for the Christian, death is only a temporary interruption. This is why the Bible calls it a sleep (Matthew 9:24; John 11:11–14; Ephesians 5:14).

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24 

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……..Until God the Father become you “first love”   you will never be excepted by him, or Jesus .  Jesus said (not me)……“many in that day will come and say unto me, in “YOUR NAME” we did all these works , and i will profess unto them, depart from me you worker of “iniquity”, i know you not from whence you are”.   Yes that was what happened to the Church of Ephesus as shown in Rev. 2,  they had left their “first love”  and were told to repent.  Now if they “left” It, as Jesus said (not me) thenthey had to have had it at one time,  right?   

God the father was always Jesus’ “first love”,  and he must be ours also.  

The churchs today have made Jesus their “first love” , and do all their works in his nam, exactly as the Church of Ephesus did, and will recieve the same rejection. Notice Jesus never told then,  that they didn’t do all their works in “his name” did he?, fact is they did do their works in his name, but they should have been doing the works in the Fathers name , just as Jesus did, but because they didn’t they are going to be rejected.  True religion is all about the Father and his will, not about Jesus and and Jesus will.  

Remember what Jesus said (not me),  “this is the “first”, and “greatest”  commandment, you shall “LOVE” the LORD your GOD, with “ALL” your heart, with “ALL” your mind, with “ALL” your soul, with “ALL” your might,”   and the “SECOND”  (LOVE), is like unto it, (but not the same)   you shall love your neighbor as yourself.  

So tell me Carmel,  is Jesus you greatest love,  or God the Father, who was and is Jesus’ “first love”. 

Peace and love to you and your Carmel……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

WAS JESUS HUMAN OR DIVINE WHEN HE WAS ON THIS EARTH?

Some find it difficult to harmonize the idea that Jesus was both human and divine. “If Christ was human, then how could He “see” Nathaniel praying under a fig tree?” (John 1:46–49). Yet the Bible is full of statements that emphasize the divinity and the humanity of Jesus. Our Savior was 100-percent human and 100-percent divine, fully God and fully a man.

While Christ was on earth, He obviously did not have all the infinite knowledge of God swirling around in His head. After Jesus was born in Bethlehem, He grew in the natural course of human beings, both physically, mentally, and spiritually (Luke 2:52). Early on in His life, we see Him beginning to grasp His divine mission (v. 49).

As we study the life of Jesus, we see both His human nature and divine nature revealed. Jesus walked with the disciples, He ate food, and slept as we sleep. Yet we also see moments when His divinity flashed through, such as on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matthew 17:2). Apparently, our Lord had access to divine knowledge and power when it was needed.

Matthew tells us that Jesus was called “Immanuel,” which means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). John describes Christ by stating, “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). He later quotes Jesus saying, “O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was” (17:5). Jesus limited Himself in many ways in order to identify with us, yet He was without sin (Hebrews 4:15). That is why He is our Lord and Savior!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:6-8 

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……Actually is should read , “Jesus, thought not to rob God , by making himself equal with him , but humbled himself and became obedient unto him , even to the death on the cross” .  But even if you read the way you do, it still shows Jesus’,  “first love” Was God the Father , not himself, or anyone else either.  If we don’t develope the exact same love for God the Father as Jesus had then we will be rejected by God the Father, just as the church of Ephesus in Revelations 2 had .  

Think it through Berean,  Jesus said (not me)……I am“the way”,  the way to what?, to have a proper relationship with God the Father and it’s exactly the same way as his way, GET IT? 

YOU HAVE MADE THE MAN JESUS , your object of worship , not realizing by doing so you are rejecting God the Father.   Jesus put God the Father ahead of everything,   including himself. 

Well did John say ……”little childern keep yourself from idols”,  thats exactly what the churches of today have done, they have made the “MAN”, Jesus their “idol’,  2Ths 2. 

Peace and love to you and yours Berean………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
    [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 

1 John 5:10-12

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: YOU HAVE MADE THE MAN JESUS , your object of worship ,

not realizing by doing so you are rejecting God the Father. 

Gene, GO BACK TO MY POST AND READ WHERE I MADE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT

WE THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE REJECTED GOD, OUR FIRST-EVER LOVE, ONLY

ONCE AND FOR ALL IN THE GARDEN WHEN ADAM AND EVE, SINNED AND OPTED TO SERVE SATAN!

SINCE THEN GOD REJECTED US FOREVER AND THERE’S ONLY;  ATTENTION PLEASE AND GET THIS INTO YOUR CORRUPTED CARNAL MIND WITH EVERY RESPECT:

ONE WAY BACK TO OUR GOD AND FIRST LOVE!

But it seems MORE THEN CLEAR to me that you don’t know

THE WAY BACK TO THE FATHER ! 

YOU:  Jesus put God the Father ahead of everything,   including himself. 

READING THE  SCRIPTURE HEREUNDER IT’S NOT WHAT YOU’VE JUST SAID,

READ AND ACCEPT THE TRUTH:

John14:1 LET not your heart be troubled.

You believe in God,

believe also in me.

2In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you:

because I GO to prepare a place for you.

3And if I shall go, and prepare a place for you,

I will come again,

and will take you to MYSELF;

that where I am, you also may be. 4And whither I go you know, and the way you know.

ANSWER Gene WHERE IS THE FATHER MENTIONED DIRECTLY IN THE ABOVE? SIMPLY

NOWHERE!

JESUS THOUGH WENT, PREPARED A PLACE FOR US, AND HE WILL COME BACK AND TAKES US TO HIMSELF,

SO WHERE HE IS WE MAY ALSO BE!

John14:Thomas saith to him: Lord, we know not whither thou goest;

and how can we know the way? 

6Jesus saith to him:

I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Enjoy the truth Gene,

More to come

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

HOW IS IT THAT JESUS CAN BRING US PEACE, BUT THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS HE CAME TO BRING A SWORD? 

In Matthew 10:34, when Jesus says, “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth,” He really means: “I did not come to bring political peace.” The Word of God brings division. Hebrews 4:12 says, “The word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” In Revelation, Christ is portrayed as coming with a sword protruding from His mouth—a symbol of the Word of God. The Word of God can be divisive because people take different positions on it.

Through history, Christians who lived godly lives have been persecuted. Soft Christians, those who claim His name but don’t live according to His Word, have often been the persecutors. The Crusades, the Inquisition, and many similar events through history were started and carried out by “Christians” who were not really converted, giving the genuine Christians a bad reputation. That, in turn, leads to further persecution of real Christians who model the teachings of Christ. And so, in that sense, Christianity does not bring peace politically.

However, the salvation that Christ offers individually brings internal peace to those who receive His Word. The Bible says, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You” (Isaiah 26:3). And Jesus told His disciples, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Putting our faith in Him brings us peace in spite of our surroundings.

Though trouble is a major attribute of our world, peace is a major attribute of our God. Soon the Prince of Peace will prevail on our planet and establish His kingdom. The Scripture says, “Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end” (Isaiah 9:7). We can be assured that the New Earth will be a place of everlasting peace!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account