Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

THE SHEEP INCIDENT

An Amazing Fact: During World War I, President and Mrs. Woodrow Wilson kept a flock of sheep on the White House lawn. The woolies, including Old Ike—a ram that enjoyed chewing tobacco—kept the lawn in beautiful condition. This saved money that would have been spent on grounds keeping. Each year the sheep were sheared and their wool auctioned, which raised more than $100,000 for the Red Cross.

Sheep were central to the conflict between Jacob and his often underhanded father-in-law, Laban. While Jacob labored for him with all of his might, Laban changed Jacob’s wages ten times and tried to cheat him.

But God was watching out for Jacob. As Jacob explained to his wives, if Laban said, “‘The speckled shall be your wages,’ then all the flocks bore speckled. And if he said thus: ‘The streaked shall be your wages,’ then all the flocks bore streaked” (Genesis 31:8).
    As God commanded him, Jacob took all of his possessions and secretly left Laban’s property. Laban, unhappy with the manner of Jacob’s leaving, pursued him for an entire week and finally caught up with him.

Bitter words poured out, but eventually they made a covenant between them. Laban, a heathen man, said in parting, “May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent one from another.” He asked Jacob to be good to his daughters, and the two men agreed never to harm each other.

As God had been merciful and forgiving toward him, Jacob forgave Laban, who had spitefully used him.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.”
    “I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.”
    Psalms 13:5-6″But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    Mathew 5:44 

Amen!

GOD BLESS

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You

“Moses had a part to play in saving The Israelites also,”

Me

I wouldn’t go so far as to say “in saving” but BUT MOÏSE WAS AN INSTRUMENT IN GOD’S HANDS TO GUIDE ISRAEL TO THE PROMISED LAND.
    ONLY GOD BY CHRIST ALONE CAN SAVE ALL MEN BY FAITH …AMEN!?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Yes, Gene but Moses was never called “the Saviour of the world”.
    Do you agree with 1 John 4:14 that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world?

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny …….No I do not think Jesus Christ saved the world, I believe God the Father did it , by himself , nor do I believe Jesus created anything either “HIMSELF”.  God the Father created the world and everything in it, alone and by himself , just as he said he did in Isaiah.  Anyone who puts THEIR and our salvation in the hands of Jesus, has replaces God the Father with him.  That person has elevated Jesus to the same position as God, they have moved their “First Love”,  from God the Father to Jesus,  something Jesus never  did or even thought of ever doing.

Remember what scripture says,  “our God is a “CONSUMING FIRE”, AND A  JEALOUS ” God”.   And again , “He gives His “GLORY” TO “NO” MAN. ”  

Therein lies the problem with 99% of all Christendom..     Danny go to YouTube to the,   ” 21st Century Reformation ”   Listen to what saying.

peace and love to you and yours Danny………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

That’s where you’re wrong, Jesus isn’t just a man…If he was, he would have needed a savior, and yes, it’s as simple as THAT. Because among all men, there is not a single righteous one, all (except the grace of God) are deprived of the glory of God. And so, if Jesus had been only a man, from the start, he would have been deprived of the glory of God and would have needed a savior.
    This is what I believe to be true and in harmony with the Word of God.

That’s where you’re wrong, Jesus isn’t just a man…If he was, he would have needed a savior, and yes, it’s as simple as THAT. Because among all men, there is not a single righteous one, all (except the grace of God) are deprived of the glory of God. And so, if Jesus had been only a man, from the start, he would have been deprived of the glory of God and would have needed a savior.
    This is what I believe to be true and in harmony with the Word of God.

Philippians 2
    Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    [6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not difficult to be equal with God:
    [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

carmel
    Participant

Danny……

If the Father sent the Son then

“HE”  is the one that saved us,  

that to me is just common sense.  

John13:21When Jesus had said these things, he was troubled in spirit; and he testified, and said:

Amen, amen I say to you, one of you shall BETRAY ME.

27 And after the morsel, Satan entered into him. And Jesus said to him:

THAT WHICH THOU DOST, DO QUICKLY.

28Now no man at the table knew to what purpose he said this unto him. 

Gene, in the above scripture, JESUS SENT JUDAH TO DO HIS VITAL TASK FOR REDEMPTION.

DEFINITELY ACCORDING TO GOD  THE FATHER’S PLAN AND WILL! NO?

Answer Gene, 

WHO BETRAYED JESUS?

GOD THE FATHER, WHO SENT JESUS, 

JESUS HIMSELF, WHO SENT JUDAH?

SATAN WHO ENTERED JUDAH, OR

JUDAH?

WHO KILLED JESUS?

JESUS HIMSELF, WHO SENT JUDAH

SATAN WHO ENTERED JUDAH,

OR

JUDAH?

WHO IS OUR SAVIOUR?

JESUS HIMSELF, WHO SENT JUDAH,

SATAN WHO ENTERED JUDAH, OR

JUDAH?

CONTINUE….

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION

An Amazing Fact: Nearly 7,000 languages are spoken around the world today, but about 2,000 of those languages have fewer than 1,000 speakers.

Until after the global flood, everyone on earth spoke the same language. In order to stick together, some of Noah’s descendants conspired to build a great city with a sky-high tower. But God made it so the people couldn’t understand each other, so they had to abandon the tower. This is how the Bible explains the origin of the many languages spoken today.

Even communication in the same language can be tricky. With the many different life experiences that form the backdrop of our every interaction, the hurts and disappointment, the egos and preconceptions, it’s amazing we get through to each other at all!

Enter the digital age. According to the United Nations International Telecommunication Union, nearly 200,000 text messages were sent every second in 2010, in addition to 107 trillion e-mails throughout the year. Autocorrect can make things even more confusing. When one retired couple headed to Nepal for a month-long trek, their daughter asked the older couple to e-mail from Internet cafés along the way. The very first message their daughter received said, “Help. Visa bad. Can you send money to the water? Autopsy not working.”

It took $150 and 16 hours over numerous calls to the U.S. Embassy for the concerned daughter to discover that her parents’ credit card wasn’t letting them pay their water bill automatically. Auto-correct had changed “auto pay” to “autopsy.” They laughed about it afterwards, but not all miscommunications have a good ending.

When it comes to communicating with God, Paul says we don’t even know what to pray for. Thankfully, “The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Romans 8:26). And God promises to hear your prayer—regardless of the language you speak or the eloquence (or lack thereof!) with which you speak it.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.”
    Jeremiah 29:12 

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……..Jesus was destined to die from the foundations of the world,  even before he or Judas ever existed .  God the Father caused it “all to happen”.  God the Father “alone” is our maker, savior, if you truly understood scriptures, and believed Jesus, as you would like us to believe,  you would know that.   Jesus plainly told  us, that his suffering what was written about him in scriptures.  It was all prophesied by God the Father to happen, way before it ever happened even the birth of Jesus was also.  “ONE GOD IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL” ,  Jesus’ creed was the “SHEMA” , “hear O Israel,  the LORD  “OUR” GOD, is “ONE” LORD”.

All who exult Jesus to the same level as God the Father are “IDOLATERS ” and have left their “First love” and will receive the same judgement as the Church of Ephesus in…..Rev 2:4 , Read it carefully, because that is what is waiting for all who exult Jesus to the same level of God the Father, unless they repent.

peace and love to you and yours Carmel…………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

God is my Saviour AND Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

1 Timothy 1:1 …God our Saviour…
    2 Timothy 1:10 …our Saviour Jesus Christ…

(There are even more verses)

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Amen Danny !

They work together BY the HOLY Spirit.

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Jesus gave “ALL”,  the glory to God the Father” for everything he did, saying,

“I have glorified  “YOU” on the earth “.

ME: Gene, WHY DON’T YOU FOR A CHANGE PRODUCE COMPLETE GENUINE SCRIPTURE?

READ:

John17:1THESE things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said:

Father, the hour is come,

glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee

THE ABOVE IS A SIMPLE CLEAR SCRIPTURE IN PLAIN ENGLISH!

IT SIMPLY CONFIRMS THE PERFECT HARMONY 

BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON!

Answer if you are honest for once:

WHO GLORIFIES WHO?

NO FATHER NO GLORY FOR THE SON!

NO SON NO GLORY FOR THE FATHER!

ARE YOU IN THE POSITION TO EXPLAIN THE ABOVE DECLARATION BY JESUS?

4 I have glorified thee on the earth;

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 

5And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself,

with the glory which I had, (JESUS’ PRE-EXISTENCE)

before the world was, with thee.

AGAIN Mr.Gene,

A PERFECT HARMONY BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON!

THE SON IS GOD THE PHYSICAL and TANGIBLE!

THE FATHER IS GOD THE SPIRIT and INTANGIBLE! 

YOU: WHY rob God the Father of “His” Glory and pay it to Jesus, ? ,

ME: JUST READ THIS SCRIPTURE PLEASE:

2 Ephesians5 For let this mind be in you,

which was also in Christ Jesus: (BEFORE THE WORLD WAS)

6Who being in the form of God,

thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Mr. Gene it is your carnal minded mentality that is robbing Jesus of HIS GLORY, SENT BY THE FATHER FOR THE SAKE OF GOD!

And robbing Jesus means robbing God the Father! WELL ASSERTED IN SCRIPTURES HEREUNDER:

YOU:  We need to listen very carefully to what he said and do it, and you will become exactly like Jesus in your relationship with the Father as he is.

ME: THIS IS WHAT JESUS SAID TO DO IN ORDER TO BE EXACTLY LIKE HIM AND HAVE THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER! READ:

John5:23That all men may honour the Son, as they honour the Father.

He who honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father, who hath sent him.

John10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 17:10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine;

and I am glorified in them.

John12:44 But Jesus cried, and said:

He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me, but in him that sent me. 

45 And he that seeth me, seeth him that sent me. 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……Jesus said all mine are thine,   Why? Because Jesus gave up all things that he had including his very life, which included every thing he ever had. That he might receive life from the Father. This is the same thing we must do, exactly what Jesus did, give up our own lives also. “HE THAT “KEEPS HIS LIFE SHALL LOSE IT,AND  HE THAT LOSES HIS LIFE SHALL SAVE IT.   Now go and figure that out , and come back and tell us how that is not exactly the same thing Jesus did.  You must be born again just like Jesus was or you will not have part in the kingdom of God.

I might leave out parts of a scripture in order to drive the main point, but that is sure better then to add to them things that are not written in them, like you constantly do here. which proves to me you don’t really believe Jesus at all,  but your Trinitarian concepts of the fallen churches is what you actually believe in.

peace and love to you and yours……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….Yes Jesus Christ worked by the Holy Spirit”. But who is the “HOLY SPIRIT”, IT’S NOT JESUS, it’s God the Father.  Or don’t you believe what Jesus said , ” the son of man can do “NOTHING OF HIMSELF” , the Father  WHO IS “IN” HIM, “HE” DOES the work.  Like I said when are you people going to truly start to believe in what ” Jesus actually said” .

SALVATION IS A WORK OF GOD THE FATHER FROM START TO FINISH , HE IS THE “ONLY TRUE SAVIOR there is, no matter who HE uses” to being about his Will.

If you ever get to see Jesus ask him if that’s not true.  Jesus clearly understood his WILL,  was not the Fathers WILL. When he said ” not MY WILL, but THY WILL BE DONE.  Jesus did not want to die, and that also shows Jesus was not the same as God the Father. The whole problem here you people don’t truly believe Jesus, or you would know that already.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

GOD NOTICE SATAN

I will put enmity between you and the woman. (Genesis 3.15)

There is cut a conflict between the forces of good and evil, between faithful angels and unfaithful angels. Christ and Satan are not in harmony and never will be. In every age, the Church of God declares war on satanic agencies. Until the issue of the controversy, the struggle will persist between the angels of Satan and the wicked on the one hand, and the angels of God and the faithful on the other.

This fight will escalate towards the end of time. Those who unite with satanic agencies will be called children of darkness by the Lord. There is not and never will be any natural enmity between angels and fallen human beings. Both of these groups are bad. Being apostates, they entertain malicious feelings. In a fit of desperation, these two groups ganged up against good. Satan knew he could abuse the human race, as he did with the angels by pushing them to rebellion, he could count on a great power that would allow him to continue his work.

Within the armies of evil reign discord and dissension; they are determined to fight the sky. Their objective is to slander God. Their considerable number allows them to maintain the hope of one day dethroning the Almighty.

When Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden, they were innocent and without sin, they evolved in perfect harmony with God. No trace of hostility existed in their hearts. But when they disobeyed, their nature was no longer spotless and sinless. They became iniquitous, for having placed themselves on the side of the fallen enemy, carrying out the very actions which God had forbidden them. If God had not intervened, the wicked would have formed a coalition with Satan against heaven. But when the words were uttered, “I will put enmity between you and the woman, between your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall bruise her heel,” Satan knew that though he had succeeded in making sin human beings, having caused them to believe in his lie, to doubt God and to corrupt human nature, a pledge had been made for them to regain advantage and renew their nature through godliness. He knew his actions as a tempter would backfire and he would be placed in a place where any hope of reconquest was illusory.

By his declaration, “I will put enmity between you and the woman, between your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall bruise her heel,” God introduced a new feeling into the hearts of men: hatred of sin, lies, ambition and everything that bears the mark of Satan.

God bless

(Ellen G. White – Manuscript 72,1904.)

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

An Amazing Fact: Kevlar is a synthetic fiber developed in 1965 and was first used commercially in the early 1970s as a substitute for steel racing tires. It has a high tensile strength-to-weight ratio, making it five times stronger than steel. It is used for making a variety of items such as canoes, racing sails, and bicycle tires. It’s most well-known application is in body armor.

When Stephanie Kwolek first invented poly-paraphenylene terephthalamide, the solution was a cloudy substance that was usually thrown away. But she decided to persuade the technician she was working with, Charles Smullen, to test the solution. They were amazed to find the solution did not break like nylon. Her supervisor and lab director realized her discovery was significant because it opened the door to a new field called polymer chemistry.

In body armor, Kevlar fibers actually “catch” a bullet in a multilayer web of woven fabrics. Different layers in the weave perform different tasks. The “engaged fibers” absorb and disperse the energy of the impact, transferring it to other fibers at “crossover points” in the weave of the body armor. Of course, if you don’t wear the vest, it won’t protect you. The Department of Justice estimates that 25 percent of state and local police are not issued body armor. Of the 1,200 officers killed in the line of duty since 1980, more than 30 percent could have been saved by body armor. The risk of dying from gunfire is 14 times greater for an officer not wearing body armor.

Paul writes, “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11). The bullets we face are not ballistic missiles from guns. We need body armor that cannot be pierced by Satan because “we wrestle not against flesh and blood” (v. 12). God offers you something stronger than poly-paraphenylene terephthalamide. Take time today to put on the protective gear that will withstand the most powerful fire of the enemy.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
    Ephesians 6:13 

Amen !

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

AN AMAZING FACT: One of the most feared rulers in Roman history was Nero, who was known to capture and burn Christians in his garden to provide a source of light.
    Nero’s rule was known as one of tyranny and extravagance. Few historians have anything positive to say about his reign. He was Roman Emperor from ad 54 to 68. Nero was so fearful of losing power that he had his own mother and wife murdered and probably poisoned his stepbrother. Many believe he was responsible for the Great Fire of Rome and wanted space for his expanding palace. Christians were blamed for the conflagration, and thousands were martyred as a result. The handsome young emperor started out better than he ended.

His moderate rule changed in ad 62 when he became brutal and very immoral. He threw out his advisors and felt the need to be in complete control. Even the coins bearing his image began to show a somber man with fat cheeks and a protruding chin. Some Christians thought he was the antichrist and even associated his name with the number 666. What’s clear is that Nero was one of the cruelest rulers of all time.

Certainly Solomon’s advice in this morning’s text would fit someone standing before Nero. When a ruler holds the power to take your life, you should walk carefully and speak with keen discernment before him. How much more this is true when the king is barbaric and rash. You would go to great lengths to avoid making him mad. Most of us will not cross paths with a king in our lifetimes, but we can apply this sage advice to other rulers in our lives—employers, police officers, managers, teachers, parents, and other supervisors.

Yet there is a King we should not overlook. Christ is our supreme ruler and a judgment day is coming. You might quickly say, “But Jesus isn’t like Nero! He is kind and compassionate.” Absolutely, but does this mean we should not seek to bring a smile to the face of God? Will there not come a time when the wrath of God will be shown to all sin and sinners?

The wrath of God (unlike man’s wrath) was met when Jesus died for our sins. When we humbly accept His sacrifice and acknowledge our sins, it brings favor to the heart of our King. Father in heaven, you are loving and patient, but someday you will put an end to sin. I acknowledge my sinfulness and accept your gift of salvation today.

Additional reading: Proverbs 16:1–16

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacify it.”

“In the light of the king’s countenance is life; and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain.”
    Proverbs 16:14-15

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

JEWISH AFRICANS

AN AMAZING FACT: For as long as anyone can remember the Lemba tribe in Africa has claimed to descend from Hebrew ancestors. The Lemba people look like regular Africans but have some very Jewish customs. For example they abstain from eating pork and other unclean foods. They are monotheistic, keep the Sabbath, and shun idolatry. They wear yarmulke-like caps and prayer shawls. They conduct religious animal sacrifice, and mark their gravestones with a Star of David.
    For years people laughed at the Lemba claims of Jewish heritage. But now, according to a recent BBC report, the legend has been backed up by science. British scientists have succeeded in proving the 80,000 member tribe descended from Jewish ancestors. The scientists conducted DNA tests on a large sample of the Lemba people, which confirmed Semitic origins dating back more than 2,600 years. In fact, members of the priestly clan of the Lemba were discovered to have a unique genetic element only found among the Jewish priestly line known as Cohen. In addition, the report says the Lemba have a sacred prayer language that combines Hebrew and Arabic.

So how did their Jewish ancestors get there? The tribe’s oral tradition says that centuries ago a small group of men fled the Holy Land, making a 3,000 mile journey from Israel to southern Africa. They carried with them a replica of the Ark and took African wives along the way. This story does coincide with the disappearance of the real Ark around 586 b.c., just before Nebuchadnezzar’s destruction of the Jewish temple. Despite their “Jewish roots,” many of the tribe people are now Christians. One Lemba pastor explained, “Christianity is my religion and Judaism is my culture.”

Finding a genetic connection with Jewish ancestors is fun and interesting but will not guarantee you an automatic ticket to heaven. Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, explained to the Roman Christians, “Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith” (Romans 3:29, 30). We may all be God’s children through faith.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
    Galatians 3:29

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel……Jesus said all mine are thine,   Why? Because Jesus gave up all things 

Me: NO Gene, Jesus never said that, THAT’S YOU USING BITS OF SCRIPTURES TO SUIT YOUR MENTALITY AND QUENCH YOUR THIRST. APART THAT IT IS A LIE!

READ  ALL THAT VERSE NOW AND BE AWARE OF THE TRUTH.

And all my things are thine, and thine are mine;

and I am glorified in them.

You: Because Jesus gave up all things that he had including his very life,

Gene I’m afraid that’s not what Jesus SAID and MEANT AT ALL 

AS YOU CAN READ JESUS SAID AND MEANT  THAT

THE HUMAN THINGS THAT BELONG TO HIM, FROM THE CROSS ONWARD, BELONG TO ALSO TO THE FATHER, which means that THE FATHER SIMPLY DIED AS WELL, AS YOU WELL SAY:

HE IS OUR SAVIOUR! BUT IN 

JESUS!!!!

AND THE DIVINE THINGS THAT BELONGED TO THE FATHER BELONG TO JESUS, which means that JESUS IS SIMPLY GOD IN RELATION TO HUMANITY, AS THE FATHER WAS NOT! HE WAS ONLY TO THE JEWS IN A WAY!

NOW , JUST REFLECT PLEASE, IF YOU SAY THAT JESUS SAID THAT 

HE GAVE UP ALL THINGS, which is completely different,

you have to apply the same thing to the Father I’m afraid ACCORDING TO THE STATEMENT, OF WHICH PART YOU SIMPLY LEFT OUT IN ORDER TO TWIST ITS MEANING Mr. Gene

SO YOU ARE  SAYING THAT

THE FATHER GAVE UP ALL HIS THINGS AS WELL?

IS THAT HOW FAR YOU GO WITH YOUR TWISTING OF SCRIPTURE, SIMPLY TO QUENCH YOUR THIRST?

You: I might leave out parts of scripture in order

to drive the main point,

Me: NO Mr. Gene

TO DRIVE THE MAIN LIE

WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PROPER I’M AFRAID! NO?

YOU LEFT THE REMAINING PART OF THAT STATEMENT, WHICH IS VITAL FOR THE TRUTH, IN ORDER TO BE IN THE POSITION TO TWIST AND PUSH THE STATEMENT TO SAY THINGS NOT ONLY WHICH ARE NOT IN THAT STATEMENT BUT SO THE STATEMENT SAY

A LIE!

THE OPPOSITE! THAT JESUS “GAVE UP” THE FATHER’S WORK! WHICH IS A PURE LIE!

JESUS DIDN’T GIVE UP THE FATHER’S WORK Gene! OK?

THE PHRASE “GIVE UP” DOES NOT EXIST IN THAT STATEMENT OK?

You: but that is sure better THAN TO ADD to them

things that are not written in them,

THAT’S RIGHT Gene! and

THAT’S WHAT YOU PRECISELY DID I’M AFRAID NO?

YOU ADDED THE PHRASE 

“GIVE UP”

Gene, YOU MUST, ATTENTION

GIVE UP

DOING THESE SORTS OF THINGS, I MEAN

MEDDLING WITH SCRIPTURE.

You: Jesus said all mine are thine,   Why? Because Jesus gave up all things that he had including his very life, which included everything he ever had.

That he might receive life from the Father. 

LEARN FOR ONCE AND PRODUCE SCRIPTURE FOR GOD’S SAKE! Gene

NOT YOUR CORRUPTED PREACHING.

John 5:25 Amen, amen I say unto you, that the hour cometh, and now is, when the dead

shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that hear

shall live. 

26For as the Father hath life in himself,

so he hath given the Son also to have

life in himself: 

OK, Gene! BEFORE THE WORLD WAS JESUS HAD LIFE IN HIMSELF AS HE WAS IN ONE GLORY WITH THE FATHER!

JESUS AND THE FATHER ARE ONE! HERE IT COMES 

ALL MY THINGS ARE YOURS, AND YOURS ARE MINE,

NOW TO THE MOST IMPORTANT SAY BY JESUS:

AND I AM GLORIFIED IN THEM!

BOTH GOD AND MAN!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Jesus gave up every thing he had including his very own life to God the Father,  the exact same thing must take place in us also. or haven’t you ever read ‘until we all come to the measure and full stature ofChrist. You as Jesus was , must be born again from above.  You are constantly making Jesus appear as different then his human brothers and sisters,  by constantly adding you foolish thought to our text.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

Christ really did something for every human being

“As by a single fault condemnation extends to all men, so by a single act of justice the justification which gives life extends to all men. (Romans 5:18).

Through Adam’s action we are the heirs of a fallen nature. We can’t complain about being treated unfairly. It is true that it is not our fault if we have a fallen nature, the Lord recognizes it well. Also, he supplies us, so that just as we became partakers of a fallen race in Adam, so we are made partakers of the divine nature in Christ.
    But even more; the life in which we are made partakers in Christ is far more powerful than the life we ​​received from Adam; it is much more suitable for righteousness than the life received from Adam is suitable for faults. God does not do things by halves; He gives an “abundance” of blessings (Romans 5:17).

No human being has ever lived on earth without death reigning over him, and so it will be until the end of the world. There are no exceptions, for Scripture says that “death passed on all men” (Hebrews 11:5-6). His nature was the same as any other man’s: a fallen, sinful nature. Remember that the death and the grave we now experience is not the penalty inflicted because of sin. The grave is only proof of the mortal character of our nature. The good guys and the bad guys both die. This is not a condemnation, for some people die rejoicing in the Lord, and even singing songs of triumph.
    By one man’s act of righteousness, life-giving justification was extended to all men (Romans 5:18). There are no exceptions here. As condemnation came upon all, so justification comes upon all. Christ tasted death for every human being (Hebrews 2:9). He gave Himself for all. And even more, he gave himself to every human being. The free and vital gift has come upon all. The fact that it is a donation proves that there are no exceptions. If this justification had come only to those who have a special qualification, then this grace would not be free.

Wagoner on Romans, p. 100.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account