Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny……Yes,  that was his commission or work, God the Father gave him to do,  and Jesus was seeking,  the ones out of this world,  who God the Father “showed him”  he, “God the father”,  was calling , the Father would bring “his”  sheep” who he “himself”,  was saving to Jesus.  Jesus’ commission was to shepherd all those who the “Father”,  was brining to him, out of the world.   Now with that understanding Danny , who was the one that  was actually saving us?   Was it the “shepherd,  or the one brining us to the Shepard,  who is “God the Father”?

Danny that’s the problem with the Trinity teachings it puts , The “man” Jesus into the Position of God    the Father.  But true salvation is of God the Father by his power and might working in our minds , just as he also works in The Man Jesus mind and saved him also, just like HE SAVES US. 

John 6:37…. “All that,  the “FATHER”  gives me “shall”,  come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. “.   Also read…..John 17:2 ,  John 17: 6. , John 17;9,  John 17: 11

Danny don’t let these lying deceived Trinitarians deceive you brother . It’s God the Father Alone that is the true Savior, no matter who he does it through.

peace and love to you and yours Danny………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Gene, Thanks for your answer.
    I’m still learning and haven’t made up my mind yet.

God bless you brother in Christ!

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

The Reward of the Redeemed, 

If any man’s work abide …, he shall receive a reward.1 Corinthians 3:14.

Glorious will be the reward bestowed when the faithful workers gather about the throne of God and of the Lamb. When John in his mortal state beheld the glory of God, he fell as one dead; he was not able to endure the sight. But when the children of God shall have put on immortality, they will “see him as he is.” 1 John 3:2. They will stand before the throne, accepted in the Beloved. All their sins have been blotted out, all their transgressions borne away. Now they can look upon the undimmed glory of the throne of God. They have been partakers with Christ in His sufferings, they have been workers together with Him in the plan of redemption, and they are partakers with Him in the joy of seeing souls saved in the kingdom of God, there to praise God through all eternity.

In that day the redeemed will shine forth in the glory of the Father and the Son. The angels, touching their golden harps, will welcome the King and His trophies of victory…. A song of triumph will peal forth, filling all heaven. Christ has conquered. He enters the heavenly courts, accompanied by His redeemed ones, the witnesses that His mission of suffering and sacrifice has not been in vain….

There are homes for the pilgrims of earth. There are robes for the righteous, with crowns of glory and palms of victory. All that has perplexed us in the providences of God will in the world to come be made plain. The things hard to be understood will then find explanation. The mysteries of grace will unfold before us. Where our finite minds discovered only confusion and broken promises, we shall see the most perfect and beautiful harmony. We shall know that infinite love ordered the experiences that seemed most trying. As we realize the tender care of Him who makes all things work together for our good, we shall rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

I urge you to prepare for the coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven…. Prepare for the judgment, that when Christ shall come, to be admired in all them that believe, you may be among those who will meet Him in peace.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny……Please don’t think I am trying to be little Jesus , I am not, trying to do that,  Jesus Christ himself would tell you I believe what I have said.  He has certainly been placed by God our Father in the position he now holds,  and we should all try to give him the Glory and  Honor,  “the Father has placed on him”. Jesus, in his present position represents to all of humanity, the Glory and Honor, that God the Father, has placed on all humanity.  He is the First human from humanity, to achieve that Honor and Glory, the Father has reserved for us all, who are in the anointed, …………

Heb 2;6-12

peace and love to you and yours Danny………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel…… Jesus said This, John 14:28,     “for my Father is,  “GREATER”  then  I.

Gene, I will ask you again the same question:

WHY DOES THE FATHER GIVE THOSE HE CHOOSES ALL TO JESUS?

ISN’T  THE FATHER GREATER  AND POWERFUL MORE THAN JESUS 

TO DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF?

ANSWER PLEASE!

NOW TO SCRIPTURE:

john14:28 You have heard that I said to you: I GO AWAY  (OBVIOUS HE DIED AS A HUMAN NO) and I come unto you. (HE RETURNED AS GODMAN IN THE GLORY OF

“THE FATHER”

HIS PARTICULAR HUMAN GODLY FATHER MR. Gene,)

If you loved me, you would indeed be glad, because I go to

THE FATHER:

for THE FATHER (STATE)  is greater than I. (HUMAN)

NOW READ AND ACCEPT THE TRUTH

WHAT KIND OF ” THE FATHER”  HE REFERRED TO

John20:17 Jesus saith to her: Do not touch me,

for I am not yet ASCENDED TO (THE GLORIFIED STATE OF)  MY FATHER.

But go to my brethren, and say to them:

I ascend to (THE GLORIFIED STATE OF) my Father and to your Father, (ONE ,BOTH DIVINE AND HUMAN, UNIQUE, )

to (THE STATE OF) my God and your God.( ONE, BOTH SPIRITUAL AND FLESH, UNIQUE)

GOD OF ALL FLESH!

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold I am the Lord the God of all flesh: shall anything be hard for me?

Well clear also in

John17:10  And all my things (HUMAN) are thine, and thine (DIVINE) are mine;

and I am glorified in them.

GODMAN!

You:

Carmel….What name do you and the rest of the Trinitarians manifest to people?  Jesus’ name “right”?  but whose name did Jesus say ,”HE MANIFESTED”  unto us?

Me: THE NAME Gene is obvious

JESUS CHRIST!

Philippians 2:That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth: 11And that every tongue should confess that

the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.

1John3:2 Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be.

We know, that, when he shall appear, (JESUS CHRIST) we shall be like to him:

because we shall see him as he is.

GOD THE FATHER  VISIBLE AND PHYSICALLY EMBODIED IN JESUS!

Isaiah 9:6For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor,

God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.

JESUS CHRIST

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.
    Galatians 2, v. 20

We must fight against all our inclinations, renounce all our cheating in order to dedicate ourselves wholeheartedly to the Lord Jesus. Think of the greatness of Jesus Christ, as the New Testament reveals it to us, and the miserable littleness of our faith! Think about what absolute faith in Jesus Christ implies: He can present us spotless before the throne of God, cleansed from all sin, absolutely pure and justified! Let us remain in absolute faith, in worship. Jesus was made “wisdom and righteousness, and sanctification and redemption” for us. How dare we talk about the sacrifices we would make for the Son of God! While he saved us from Hell and perdition. How could we claim to be making sacrifices?

We must continually live and strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ – not a Jesus Christ of certain prayer meetings, or certain books, but the New Testament Jesus Christ, who is God incarnate, and to whom we bow down. . We must trust in him, for he is the unique source of our experience. Jesus Christ claims all our love and all our dedication.

Jesus Christ cannot be imprisoned, but our faith must be based on unwavering confidence in him.

The Holy Spirit severely condemns any lack of faith. All our fears are guilty, and the fruit of our unbelief. How can one who is united to Jesus Christ be able to doubt or be afraid? Our triumphant faith should sing a hymn of victory over and over again.

Oswald Chambers.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……it was God doing it “in” Jesus,  or haven’t you read,   “The Father who is ‘in’ me , “HE” does the work.”  Which only proves that the Father is indeed “greater” the Jesus is.

Carmel,  read this ,  you remind me of the Church at Ephesus,  they did all those great works in the name of Jesus they were in modern terms,  a “perfect”  Church,  but what did Jesus tell them?  They had lost their “First love”,   Rev 2:4,   That is a description of what the Trinitarians have done,  they have given their “First love” to Jesus like you, instead of giving it to who Jesus said was to be our “First love”.
    Matt 22:36……..”master, which is the great commandment in the law?,  Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with,  “all” your heart, and with,  “all” your soul, and with,  “all” your strength “, “this is the “FIRST” and great commandment” .

Matt 22:36…… “and the “SECOND” is like unto it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself’.  On these two commandments hinge “all” the law and the prophets”.  But the second is never the first , now is it?

You have made Jesus your God , and therefore your “First love”   That’s the same mistake the Church at Ephesus made,   my answer to you is the same answer Jesus gave the Church at Ephesus.   “REPENT ” .  Or face the circumstances.

Peace and love to you and yours Carmel………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……. Think of all the “Love and Faith”,  Jesus had in His God and Our God, his Father and Our Father.  Even to the point of giving up his very life in obedience to him.  I say to you,  think on that and strive to have that same love that Jesus had for the Father in yourself also brother.

peace and love to you and yours Berean ………..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@genebalthrop

Gene, 2 Timothy 1:10 says …our Saviour Jesus Christ…
    Can you say “our Saviour Jesus Christ”?

This will be my last question.

God bless you.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel……it was God doing it “in” Jesus,  

ME: FIRST AND FOREMOST: ANSWER AGAIN WHY IT WAS GOD DOING IT IN JESUS?

WHY DIDN’T GOD DO IT BY HIMSELF?

You: or haven’t you read,   “The Father who is ‘in’ me , “HE” does the work.” 

AND HOW AND I ALSO READ  WHAT’S HEREUNDER! READ:

John14:10Do you not believe,

that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

20 In that day YOU SHALL KNOW,

that I AM IN MY FATHER,

OK Gene? WHO IS DOING THE WORK IN THE ABOVE?

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL:

IT IS THE ONENESS AND THE PERFECT HARMONY BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON!

John16:25 These things I have spoken to you in proverbs. The hour cometh,

when I will no more speak to you in proverbs,

but will show you plainly of the Father

You: Which only proves that the Father is indeed “greater” the Jesus is.

ME: NO Gene, IT ONLY PROVES THAT BETWEEN THE FATHER WHO IS SPIRIT EMBODIED IN JESUS THE MAN, AND HUMANITY HEARING THE GOSPEL, THERE IS ONLY ONE  UNIQUE HUMAN BEING JESUS!

THE ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND HUMANITY, AND

JESUS IS FIRST AND FOREMOST FOR HUMANITY OR ELSE NO FATHER!

You: You have made Jesus your God , and therefore your “First love”  

ME: FANTASTIC! I AM ONLY ACCEPTING

THE FATHER’S WILL!

THE FATHER, THE FIRST LOVE, WAS REJECTED BY HUMANITY IN ADAM!

THE FATHER REJECTED HUMANITY IN ADAM!

HUMANITY DIED IN ADAM AND LOST THEIR FIRST LOVE IN ADAM!

THE FATHER, WHO IS LOVE ESTABLISHED A NEW LIFE FOR HUMANITY! 

A NEW FIRST LOVE,

A NEW WAY, A NEW RELATIONSHIP; IN HIS SON, THE FATHER’S SUBSTANCE. HENCE 

HUMANITY FIRST AND FOREMOST MUST ACCEPT  THE FATHER’S WILL AND LOVE JESUS SENT BY THE FATHER!

THEIR NEW FIRST LOVE AGAIN!

THE ONLY GOD IN FLESH

John14:6 Jesus saith to him:

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. 

No man cometh to the Father,

but by me.( the NEW first love)

Gene, THE ONENESS OF THE FATHER AND JESUS IS 

FUNDAMENTAL

IN ORDER FOR HUMANITY TO HAVE

THEIR FIRST LOVE AGAIN BUT ONLY IN JESUS!

John14:10Do you not believe,

that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

20 In that day YOU SHALL KNOW,

that I AM IN MY FATHER,

ONLY JESUS IN THE FATHER,

and you in me, and I in you. ( AND HUMANITY ONLY IN JESUS, AND ONLY JESUS IN HUMANITY;

THE FIRST LOVE)

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh,

that he (ONLY JESUS)  may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him.

21He that hath my commandments,

and keepeth them; he it is that LOVETH ME.

And he that LOVETH ME, (THE FIRST LOVE)

shall be loved of my Father:

and I will love him, and will manifest

MYSELF (THE FIRST LOVE)TO HIM. 

23 Jesus answered, and said to him:

If anyone loves ME,(THE FIRST LOVE)

he will keep MY word, (SPIRIT OF THE FATHER)

and my Father will love him,(GIVES HIM THE HOLY SPIRIT)

and WE (THE FATHER AND THE SON ONE IN JESUS CHRIST), will come to him

and will make our abode with him. 

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

WHITER THAN SNOW

An Amazing Fact: Brides wear white to symbolize their innocence and purity. White reflects light and is a popular color in decorating and fashion because it is light, neutral, and goes with everything. However, white shows dirt and is therefore more difficult to keep free from stains than other colors.
    What’s your favorite color? Some like green, which seems to symbolize nature, a calming and refreshing color. Others enjoy red, which is an emotionally intense color and can actually stimulate your heart to beat faster. Blue represents loyalty, and weight lifters do better in blue rooms. The most romantic color is pink; it’s tranquilizing. Yellow is a cheery color, purple is the color of royalty, and brown is a reliable, solid color and is abundant in nature.

One of God’s favorite colors in the Bible is white. The robes we will be given in heaven are white (Revelation 3:20). Jesus rides on a white horse (Revelation 19:11). There is a great white throne of judgment (Revelation 20:11). David asked God to cleanse him from sin and said, “I shall be whiter than snow” (Psalms 51:7). It is interesting that white is seen in your eye when all three types of color-sensitive cone cells are stimulated with equal amounts. Perhaps this teaches us that when God is fully present there is no taint of sin.

The Bible talks about Jesus being transfigured. He was changed in appearance, and some of His glory was allowed to shine out. Notice how this is described. “His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them” (Mark 9:3). Jesus was without sin and when His divine nature opened up more fully, the color the disciples saw was a brilliant white. John saw something similar in Revelation 1:14.

No matter what your favorite color is, God wants you to know that when you come with your sin-stained life, the Lord will cleanse you and make you pure, just like Jesus.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
    Isaiah 1:18

carmel
    Participant

Hi Danny,

How about this scripture:

2Peter 1:1Simon Peter, servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained equal faith with us in the justice of

our God and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny……..It is and was  God ““the Father  “in” Jesus that worked the salvation of this whole earth.  I do believe “the man” Jesus is the Lamb” God the Father”,  sacrificed for the sins of the whole human race.

2 Cor 5:16-20 …..wherefore henceforth know we “NO MAN”,  after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
    17….Therefore if any man be in “the Anointed”, he is a new creature :  old things have passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    18 …. “And “all” things are “OF GOD” who has reconciled us to “HIMSELF “. by Jesus the anointed one,  and has given us the ministry of reconciliation;  TO WITNESS, that “GOD” was “in” Christ,  reconciling THE “WORLD” UNTO “HIMSELF” , NOT IMPUTING THEIR TRESPASSES UNTO THEM; and has committed unto us the ministry of reconciliation.

Danny,  ALL the Glory of our Salvation.  Should go to God the Father,  even if he used Jesus to help accomplish it.  GOD the Father should be our “FIRST LOVE”,  just like he was Jesus’.

peace and love to you and yours Danny……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

IS THE COMMUNION SERVICE ONLY OPEN TO THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS OF A CHURCH AND WHOSE SINS  ARE FORGIVEN?

There are indeed times in which the church should examine a person, such as in choosing officers or preparing baptismal candidates. But the apostle Paul also encourages us to inwardly examine our hearts. He doesn’t say in this text to “examine others.” The communion service is a time for personal reflection and self-examination. There is no biblical precedence to review each person before a committee before allowing them to participate in this rite.

It certainly is interesting that Jesus allowed Judas to participate in the Lord’s Supper even though He knew that Judas was stealing and about to betray Him. He did not forbid Judas despite these sins. As a matter of fact, Christ even washed the man’s feet. I believe communion should be redemptive in nature.

Yet the Bible also says we should not eat the bread or drink the blood to our own condemnation. Paul states in the previous verse, “Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord” (v. 27), and later, “For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body” (v. 29).

It’s a very common characteristic to notice people’s problems that we see on the outside but not recognize the hurt that’s on the inside. When people come to communion, they’re looking for cleansing, forgiveness, and healing, and we need to allow that miracle to transpire.

I pastor at a church that practices what is called “open communion.” This means we allow individuals to judge themselves, and we do not police the hearts of our members and guests. Remember that Jesus is the example we must follow, and He did not decide who should and should not. So I think a church is more biblical if they practice open communion.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.”
    1 Corinthians 11:28

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….Remember when you give the communions,  to remind them what the words “eat” and “drink” mean.  It is exactly what you do when you eat and drink something,  you are taking it,  “TO”,  “YOURSELF’ .  We must all do that with the Sacrifice of Jesus for us all.

peace and love to you and yours Berean………gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi Gene

I’m not a priest, or pastor, or evangelist, and I’ve never had to preside over a fellowship service … Just as a deacon assisting the pastor or church elder.

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

WEALTHY OPPRESSORS

An Amazing Fact: The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. This is an old truism, but a 2010 study by Norton and Ariely shows that people don’t realize how true it is. Researchers asked more than 5,000 respondents to identify a pie chart that looked like it represented wealth distribution in America. About 90 percent of respondents thought the top 20 percent of society owned 60 percent of the wealth, and most said the bottom 40 percent owned 8 to 10 percent. They were wildly incorrect. The top 20 percent of society actually controls 85 percent of wealth, and the bottom 40 percent—120 million Americans—control only 0.3 percent.

Being wealthy is not a sin, but the Bible does have some strong words for those who have gotten their wealth dishonestly: “The wages of the laborers … which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth” (James 5:4). Literally, that last phrase is “the Lord of Hosts” or “armies”—in other words, wealthy oppressors should watch out because the cries of the oppressed have been heard by the commander of a great army.

How does this apply to those who aren’t among the richest 20 percent of Americans? Consider this: Even the poorest five percent of Americans are still wealthier than almost 70 percent of the world population. Do we contribute to the relief of the poor from their oppression? Are we content with what we have or have we been drawn to the “pleasure and luxury” of the rich? After all, James compares their luxury to the fattening of an animal for slaughter and says the inevitable corrosion of their wealth is a “witness against them” (v. 5). How much better it is to store up treasure in the heavenly bank!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:”

“But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:”

“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
    Matthew 6:19-21

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

WHERE WAS THE GARDEN OF EDEN LOCATED?

I believe that before the flood came on the earth, everyone knew where this garden was located—as an angel was sent to guard the gates to Adam’s and Eve’s first home. Scripture mentions a river that came out of Eden: “Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads” (Genesis 2:10). The four rivers mentioned are Pishon, Gihon, Hiddekel (Tigris), and Euphrates. Keeping in mind that the world’s geography was greatly altered by the flood, this area corresponds today with the country of Iraq.

I like to believe the Lord raptured this garden from this world to preserve it from the flood. If God can bring the New Jerusalem down from heaven after the millennium, He could have taken the garden up to heaven to save it (Revelation 21:2). A little anecdotal evidence for this can be found in Revelation 22:2, which speaks of the tree of life in the New Jerusalem. Since this tree was once in the garden, God might have saved the entire area and will restore it in the earth made new.

As mentioned, after the flood, the earth was radically changed. Perhaps the patriarchs had an approximate idea of where these rivers were now located by astronomy. Or it could be that the two rivers that Noah came upon after the flood reminded him of two rivers he knew before the world changed. Two of the rivers are actually missing, so you are not going to go wandering around and suddenly stumble on the garden.

Did you know that to make lots of oil and coal, it takes a tremendous amount of vegetation to be covered deep underground? Geologists today recognize that though the Middle East, rich with oil, seems largely dry and barren today, it was not always that way.

Finally, in Revelation 22:1, John sees “a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God” (Revelation 22:1). That’s a river I’d like to stand next to someday!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.”
    Genesis 2:8

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Danny……..It is and was  God ““the Father  “in” Jesus

that worked the salvation of this whole earth. 

Answer Mr. Gene:

WHY DIDN’T GOD THE FATHER DO IT ALL  BY HIMSELF?

WASN’T HE SUFFICIENT ENOUGH?

OR IN THE TRUTH AS SCRIPTURE WELL CONFIRMS THAT 

THE FATHER AND JESUS ARE SIMPLY

ONE!

NO FATHER NO JESUS

NO JESUS NO FATHER

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account