Continued discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

Quote (abe @ June 11 2013,18:01)

Quote (2besee @ June 11 2013,02:17)

Quote (abe @ June 11 2013,16:21)

Quote (2besee @ June 09 2013,13:47)

Quote (abe @ June 10 2013,07:30)

Quote (2besee @ June 09 2013,04:36)

Quote (abe @ June 09 2013,20:15)

Quote ( abe @ June 09 2013,20:15)
    Hi,

Gen.1:26   Then God said, “Let     *Us*     make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

7And the    *LORD*    God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Do any of you think  US  equals  LORD?

Peace brothers…

Abe,

Gen.1:26 Then God said, “Let Usmake man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

7And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

If we put it all together we have:

“Us–Our image–His own image–The image of God–The Lord God.”

Some will say that God was conversing with angels but I don't think so.

What do you think, Abe? I would love to hear what you think that verse in Genesis means to you. (we'll just block everyone else out for the moment, okay!)

Hi 2b,

The Seven Spirits of God, which were created   In   the First Day (Light).

Col.1:12   giving thanks unto the Father, who made us
    meet(worthy) to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints   in light;
    13  who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the   Kingdom  of the  Son   of his love;
    14  in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:
    15  who is the    IMAGE    of the  Invisible  God, the  First Born   of all   CREATION;   16for   IN   him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created THROUGH   him, and    unto(into)    him; 17and he is BEFORE   all things, and   IN    him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the BEGINNING,    the  FIRSTBORN  from the   DEAD;   that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19For it was the Good Pleasure    of the Father    that   IN   him should all the fulness dwell; 20and   THROUGH   him to   Reconcile all things   unto(into)   Himself(God), having made peace through the blood of his cross; through him, I say, whether things upon the earth, or things in the heavens.

“who is the    IMAGE    of the  Invisible  God,”

‘Wisdom' of God
    ‘Spirit' of God
    ‘Word' of God
    ‘Knowledge' of God
    ‘Understanding' of God
    'Counsel' of God
    ‘Light’ of God

Different ‘Parts' of the Son of God.

1Cor.12:12   For even as the body is   One   and [yet] has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13For by ONE   Spirit we were all baptized into  ONE  Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but    MANY.    15If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not [a part] of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less [a part] of the body. 16And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not [a part] of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less [a part] of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the BODY, just as He desired. 19   If    they were all   ONE   member, where would the   body   be? 20But now there are  MANY members, but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; or again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; 23  and those [members] of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow MORE  abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, 24whereas our more presentable members have no need [of it]. But  *God*  has [so] composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that [member] which lacked, 25so that there may be no division in the body, but [that] the members may have the same care for one another. 26And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if [one] member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27Now    YOU    are Christ's body, and individually members of it. 28And God has appointed   IN   the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, [various] kinds of tongues. 29All are not   apostles,   are they? All are not prophets,   are they? All are not   teachers,   are they? All are not   [workers of] miracles,   are they? 30All do not have    gifts of healings,    do they? All do not    speak with tongues,    do they? All do not interpret, do they? 31But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way

*Love of God*

Peace brother………

Hi Abe.
    So if I understand that right, please tell me if I do or if I don't:  the one God has many parts, just as the body has many parts:  the human body and also the body of Christ which is the church, each being an important part of the one body. And the seven spirits of God being a part of God is the “our image” which man was made in as spoken of in Genesis.

So, how do you feel the one spirit fits in with that?

Is it that the seven spirits combined make up the one
    spirit of God which is called the Holy Spirit?

Hi 2b,

Rev.1:4   John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are  BEFORE    His throne,

Before

1799 enṓpion – literally, “in the eye (of God),” used for how all things happen under God's watch, i.e. in keeping with His plan built on His absolute knowledge.

I believe this word means    in the eye of.(Throne)

:6   and made Us a    Kingdom,    priests to his God and Father
    to him be the glory and the might to the ages of ages. Amen.

Rev.3:12   He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar   IN THE TEMPLE   of My God, and he will  not  go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the   name of My God,  and the   name of the city   of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My          “NEW” name.

Do you think all these Names are the same?

I have more to say, but later.

Peace brother…

Hi Abe.
    Do you think it is the same name?

Hi  2b,

Rev.3:1   “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who HAS  the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Rev.5:6   And I beheld, and, lo, in the   midst   of the throne and    of the    four beasts,  and in the   midst   of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which  ARE  the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

:12   Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive   power,   and   riches,   and   wisdom,   and   strength,   and   honour,   and   glory,   and   blessing.

Power,riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and blessing.

Is.11:2   The Spirit of the LORD will rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and power, the Spirit of knowledge and fear of the LORD

Do you think these Seven, are the Seven Spirits of God?

Peace brother….

Hi Gene,

Thanks.

Gen.1:1   In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The First Day: Light

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Rev.3:14   To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the   Beginning   of the creation of God, says this.   (Wisdom)

Jn.1:1   In the   Beginning   was the   Word,   and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

:2   He was   IN   the beginning with God.

:3   All things came into being   THROUGH   Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

:2   He(Word) was   IN   the  Beginning   With  God.

:4   In   Him(Word)   was   LIFE,   and the Life was the LIGHT   of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Wisdom     Word     Light    Darkness.

Col.1:15   He(Son)   is the  IMAGE  of the  Invisible  God, the   Firstborn   of all creation. 16For  by(through)  Him all things were created, [both] in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created  through Him and   for(into)   Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18He is also head of the body, the church; and He   IS   the    Beginning,   the  Firstborn from the   DEAD,   so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19For it was the [Father's] good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20and  Through Him to    RECONCILE    all things to   Himself,(God)   having made peace through the blood of His cross; THROUGH   Him, , whether things on earth or things in heaven.

I will send more tomorrow.

Peace brother..

2besee
    Participant

Typo on title…that was supposed to say “and anyone who would like to join in”!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,18:12)
    Typo on title…that was supposed to say “and anyone who would like to join in”!

I figured that part out when I read the title bar. But
    what I still want to know is: what are you stuck on?

2besee
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    This is one of those cruisey discussions where you think a lot. Think: tropical trees sunshine, harbor front! Time to think, no rush!

I'm way over my “allocated data allowance”, so I'll have to hold of posting for a couple if days.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

2besee…….. looking forward for more of your and Abe's commits and others also. This is a good subject, I have a belief that the word and God are the same thing, because a word is what proceeds from spirits working which expresses there intellects , to me spirits can combine in a being , but spirits by themselves are not beings , they are aspects of a being, with each producing there own effect in a being, and I believe that includes the LORD (YAHWEH ) who is “OUR” GOD. So to me spirits are not God's of any kind, they are attributes of our God, which he uses to bring about all his will . The LORD YAHWEH our God is the “Power” Source , while the seven spirits he uses are his specific mental intellects he uses to move him in what he does, thy make up his counciling needed to make up his decisions. As it says for. for God does all things after the “council” of his will. IMO

Peace and love to you all and yours………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

To,

A coach said to his team let us pass the ball down-field and run for a touchdown. Who is us?

You can do this with any team.

2besee
    Participant

Hi all, good points!

2besee
    Participant

Okay, so we have:

Collosians 1:19-20,
    For it was the [Father's] good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and Through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; THROUGH Him, , whether things on earth or things in heaven.”

Hebrews 9:14,
    “How much more will the blood of Christ, who THROUGH the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”

Genesis 1:1-5,
    “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The First Day: Light

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.”

Revelation 3:14,
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this.”

John 1:1-5,
    “In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
    All things came into being THROUGH Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
    He was in the Beginning With God.
    In Him was LIFE, and the Life was the LIGHT of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.”

I believe translating Elohim to Pantheon gives a better feel for the Hebrew. For example The Pantheon said, “let there be light” and The Pantheon said “Let us make man in our own image”.

Pantheon is a collective group of deities that can be one or more than one depending on the context.

2besee
    Participant

Kerwin,
    For the first time ever , I think that I disagree with you on that point. That seems to be suggesting multiple Gods are the “us”?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 14 2013,05:33)
    Kerwin,
    For the first time ever , I think that I disagree with you on that point. That seems to be suggesting multiple Gods are the “us”?

2besee,

I could be wrong but I am trying to translate the Hebrew Elohim which is a plural noun that can be used as singular. On the first day God, the Pantheon, is speaking to the darkness while on the sixth day he is speaking to his angels, an expansion to the Pantheon.

abe
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 13 2013,11:32)
    To,

A coach said to his team let us pass the ball down-field and run for a touchdown.  Who is us?

HI K,

“who is the IMAGE of the Invisible God,”

Peace brother….

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……….There are Seven Distinct Spirits of ONE GOD, that is where the uniplural comes in , IMO, the problem is i believe, not knowing what a spirit really is. Each of those Seven Spirits represent a particular attribute or aspect of Our LORD (YAHWEH) who is our God. These seven Spirits given Council to HIM , therefore it says GOD, our LORD  (YAHWEH) , does all thing after the “COUNCIL” of His will. Just as we do when we want to do something, we think about it first, reasoning about it, about the different aspects of that decision, before we do it. Same with the LORD, our God, He uses His seven Spirits as eyes of enlightenments giving him the intellects need to make up his decisions.  They are very important , that is why they are presented as flames of Fire before the throne of God, They are representatives of the LORDS Judgments.

Therefore it says, “this fiery trial which has tried you as if some strange thing has happened unto you”. and again, every mans work shall be tried by Fire  , if he has built with Silver, Gold, Precious metals he shall have a reward, but if he has built with wood , hay, stubble , the fire (intense judgemnts) shall burn it up, and he will suffer loss, but he himself, shall  be saved “YET AS BY FIRE”.  

This fire is a , symbolical represention of the intense judgements of God, brought about by the seven Spirits of God which are before the throne of the LORD our God. The problem is not understanding what a Spirit is and it is further complicated by being personified as a individual person, when in fact it is an aspect of attribute of a person. IMO

peace and love to you all………………………………….gene

abe
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 14 2013,06:12)
    To all……….There are Seven Distinct Spirits of ONE GOD, that is where the uniplural comes in , IMO, the problem is i believe, not knowing what a spirit really is. Each of those Seven Spirits represent a particular attribute or aspect of Our LORD (YAHWEH) who is our God. These seven Spirits given Council to HIM , therefore it says GOD, our LORD  (YAHWEH) , does all thing after the “COUNCIL” of His will. Just as we  do when we want to do something, we think about it first, reasoning about it, about the different aspects of that decision, before we do it. Same with the LORD, our God, He uses His seven Spirits as eyes of enlightenments giving him the intellects need to make up his decisions.  They are very important , that is why they are presented as flames of Fire before the throne of God, They are representatives of the LORDS Judgments.

Therefore it says, “this fiery trial which has tried you as if some strange thing has happened unto you”. and again, every mans work shall be tried by Fire  , if he has built with Silver, Gold, Precious metals he shall have a reward, but if he has built with wood , hay, stubble , the fire (intense judgemnts) shall burn it up, and he will suffer loss, but he himself, shall  be saved “YET AS BY FIRE”.  

This fire is a , symbolical represention of the intense judgements of God, brought about by the seven Spirits of God which are before the throne of the LORD our God. The problem is not understanding what a Spirit is and it is further complicated by being personified as a individual person, when in fact it is an aspect of attribute of a person. IMO

Hi Gene,

#7307. ruach

ruach: breath, wind, spirit
    Original Word: ר֫וּחַ
    Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
    Transliteration: ruach
    Phonetic Spelling: (roo'-akh)
    Short Definition: spirit

Word Origin
    from an unused word
    Definition
    breath, wind, spirit
    NASB Translation
    air (2), anger (1), blast (2), breath (31), breathless* (1), cool (1), courage (1), despondency* (1), exposed (1), grief* (1), heart (1), inspired (1), mind (3), motives (1), points (1), quick-tempered* (1), side (4), sides (2), Spirit (76), spirit (127), spirits (3), strength (1), temper (2), thoughts* (1), trustworthy* (1), wind (98), winds (7), windy (2), wrath (1).

Do you think Spirit and Wind mean the same thing?

Peace brother.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (abe @ June 14 2013,13:17)

Quote (kerwin @ June 13 2013,11:32)
    To,

A coach said to his team let us pass the ball down-field and run for a touchdown.  Who is us?

HI K,

“who is the    IMAGE    of the  Invisible  God,”

Peace brother….

Abe,

Anyone that is like him in true righteousness and holiness.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 14 2013,20:12)
    To all……….There are Seven Distinct Spirits of ONE GOD, that is where the uniplural comes in , IMO, the problem is i believe, not knowing what a spirit really is. Each of those Seven Spirits represent a particular attribute or aspect of Our LORD (YAHWEH) who is our God. These seven Spirits given Council to HIM , therefore it says GOD, our LORD  (YAHWEH) , does all thing after the “COUNCIL” of His will. Just as we  do when we want to do something, we think about it first, reasoning about it, about the different aspects of that decision, before we do it. Same with the LORD, our God, He uses His seven Spirits as eyes of enlightenments giving him the intellects need to make up his decisions.  They are very important , that is why they are presented as flames of Fire before the throne of God, They are representatives of the LORDS Judgments.

Gene,

Your hypothesis of seven spirits of God lacks evidence to make it anymore than a suspician.

2besee
    Participant

Kerwin.

Here is a couple of interesting posts from another poster here dated Nov 2012: Some things for you to think about:

I find it difficult to see the same old problem with John 1 and 1John 5:7. Even the later is in Italics people get all off the reservation about it.

Does everyone here believe that God cannot control His own Words, even down to our generation?

Did God not know how His Word would turn out in being translated into English?

These two complement and agree with each other, (NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TRINITY)

Take this for an example, God created all thing by saying, by His Word, God spoke and it was so, God said let there be and it was etc.

Can God lie? Why? Can He speak a lie or anything that is not truth? Why?

God calls those thing that be not as though they were, meaning if God says that grass is blue, you need to look out the window because it will be blue and not green. He can not lie.

Now look at this, Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Notice that when he speaks a lie it is of his own and the father of it. If no truth is in him, he cannot tell the truth. If he does it is surrounded with lies.

How about God? Can he speak a lie? Then if He can only speak truth, He speaks of His own and is the father of truth.

Why is it so hard to believe that God's Word is God Himself?

In the beginning, “God” period! His presents was all that was in the beginning.!

I have stated in the thread ” again abut the trinity” what I believe,but misunderstood so I will reluctantly state my position again. As stated above I am not convinced that there is 3 separate Gods. I do believe in John 1 and 1John 5:7 that complement each other and explain that while God is “ONE” I believe that God is Father, Word, and Holy Spirit as ONE.

I believe man is comprised as spirit, soul, and body.

WE ARE CREATED IN GOD'S IMAGE AND LIKENESS!

We may not understand this, and think it has something to do with trinity doctrine, but it is different.

When you can understand that when you die your body is lifeless, but you are not, then you can start to see this.

You are not your body, much is stated in the bible about our soul and spirit as well as the body.

Question for you. Have you ever had a talk with yourself? Needing to do this or that and had to talk yourself into or out of it?

If so, who were you talking to?

The scriptures talk about the flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit lusts against the flesh.

If you take the time to investigate this about man, then you can better understand this about God.

To all: I have been through this for years and I am convinced, (by much studying) that this is truth weather you believe in it or not I don't think I can change unless God shows me different through His Word.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….5;st=40

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (abe @ June 15 2013,05:36)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 14 2013,06:12)

Therefore it says, “this fiery trial which has tried you as if some strange thing has happened unto you”. and again, every mans work shall be tried by Fire  , if he has built with Silver, Gold, Precious metals he shall have a reward, but if he has built with wood , hay, stubble , the fire (intense judgments) shall burn it up, and he will suffer loss, but he himself, shall  be saved “YET AS BY FIRE”.  

This fire is a , symbolical representation of the intense judgments of God, brought about by the seven Spirits of God which are before the throne of the LORD our God. The problem is not understanding what a Spirit is and it is further complicated by being personified as a individual person, when in fact it is an aspect of attribute of a person. IMO

Hi Gene,

#7307. ruach

ruach: breath, wind, spirit
    Original Word: ר֫וּחַ
    Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
    Transliteration: ruach
    Phonetic Spelling: (roo'-akh)
    Short Definition: spirit

Word Origin
    from an unused word
    Definition
    breath, wind, spirit
    NASB Translation
    air (2), anger (1), blast (2), breath (31), breathless* (1), cool (1), courage (1), despondency* (1), exposed (1), grief* (1), heart (1), inspired (1), mind (3), motives (1), points (1), quick-tempered* (1), side (4), sides (2), Spirit (76), spirit (127), spirits (3), strength (1), temper (2), thoughts* (1), trustworthy* (1), wind (98), winds (7), windy (2), wrath (1).

Do you think Spirit and Wind mean the same thing?

Peace brother.

Abe………I believe Spirit is depicted as Wind because it is the true “force” of Life, Spirit causes life to exist because. it is the Life of all created things. Jesus compared Spirit to the Wind, he said it is “LIKE” the wind, he did not say it was the wind, but like the wind, in the fact it cannot be seen, but its force can be felt, heard, and seen, so it is it seems, with Spirit.  IMO

I have tried to define Spirit in its “simplest” terms, and to me it is the “COGNATE INTELLECTS” that engenders life and controls all life forms. It is what Life itself is. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Participant

Jesus said that “the words that he spoke to humanity were spirit and they were life.

A person is defined by the life that he lives. If he is a Christian, it is because he has been born again, and is obeying the commndments of the Lord, and if he is an evil person, it is because of the evil that he does in his life. A person has a body, a soul (a mind, a will, and emotions), and a spirit. The spirit is who that person is as defined by the life that he lives. God has said to his children “be ye holy for I am holy”. The Holy Spirit is “God's Spirit”.

God does not tell us to whom he was referring by “us” in Genesis 1:26, but since it is man is whom he was creating, I don't believe that it was man to whom he was speaking, but rather, He was speaking to the angels, god-like beings, because of the following scripture:

Job 38:4 ¶ Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

But of course, He does use both angels and men in the process of manking man in His image, the Elohim, “the God of gods” and the “LORD of Lords”, but no, not multiple gods, but “god like beings”, beings that are “in the image of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why can't God be talking to the one whom is his very own image and through whom he created the cosmos. Would that not be the obvious conclusion to draw even without looking into this in-depth?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account