Continued discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Sep. 02 2013,05:11)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 30 2013,15:57)

Quote (abe @ Aug. 31 2013,09:45)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 30 2013,11:47)

Quote (abe @ Aug. 30 2013,13:46)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2013,06:54)
    Abe……..The man (our brother) Jesus does indeed have the Seven “EYES” of God which “ARE” the Seven Spirit of GOD, and he has them with the Seven “Horns” (POWERS), that go with them, and with these He shall execute Judgment with Power, in the Earth as the Messiah (anointed one by GOD)  When he returns to rule for a Thousand year Period, and it is God in truth ruling through Him by His Seven Spirit, and that is  exactly why it says ” Thy Kingdom “O GOD”,  is an “EVERLASTING” KINGDOM, It is the SEVEN Spirit of GOD in Jesus guiding His rule , Just like he said when he was on this earth < the SON of Man can do “NOTHING of HIMSELF”,the Father “IN” me “HE” doth the works.  The same hold true for his Kingdom rule, and that is why he turns it back to God at the end of the Millennial reign, and he (the man Jesus) becomes subject to it also just as we all will be , like it says

Blessed are all who truly understand this Brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours brother……………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Is.48:16    Draw near to me, hear this:
    from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
    from the time it came to be I have been there.”
    And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

Who do you think is talking here?

Peace brother………….

Hi Abe:

I believe that God was stating that Cyrus was foreordained
    for the specific assignment of defeating babylonia.

Isa 48:14   All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these [things]? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.  

Isa 48:15   I, [even] I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.  

Isa 48:16   Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there [am] I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Love in Christ
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Isa 48:16   Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there [am] I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

from the time that it was, there [am] I: and  now  the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent  Me.

the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent  Me.

Who is doing the talking?

Peace brother…………..

HI Abe:

The scripture seems to go from God speaking in verse 15 to Cyrus speaking in verse 16.

That is the best explanation that I can come up with.  It isn't easy to understand.

If you read from the 1st verse, it is understood that it is God who is speaking.  I am not a scholar and so I don't know, but it appears that the last part of verse 16 may be mistranslated.  It would make more sense if it would read: “and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent him”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Is.49:1   Listen to Me, O islands, And pay attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called Me from the womb; From the body of My mother He named Me.

2  He has made My mouth like a sharp sword, In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me; And He has also made Me a select arrow, He has hidden Me in His quiver.

3  He said to Me, “You are My Servant, Israel, In Whom I will show My glory.”

3   He   said to   ‘Me',    “You are My Servant,   *Israel*,   In Whom I will show My glory.”

Ex.4:22   “Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD,   “Israel   is My son, My    *Firstborn*.

Heb.1:1   God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,

2  in these last days has spoken to us   IN   His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Heb.12:22   But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,

23  to the general assembly and  Church   Of the  *Firstborn*   who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

24  and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Peace brother………

Hi Abe:

God is speaking about Israel here, but about Cyrus in Isa 48:

Isa 48:14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these [things]? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

abe
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2013,14:03)

Abe……..The man (our brother) Jesus does indeed have the Seven “EYES” of God which “ARE” the Seven Spirit of GOD, and he has them with the Seven “Horns” (POWERS), that go with them, and with these He shall execute Judgment with Power, in the Earth as the Messiah (anointed one by GOD)  When he returns to rule for a Thousand year Period, and it is God in truth ruling through Him by His Seven Spirit, and that is  exactly why it says ” Thy Kingdom “O GOD”,  is an “EVERLASTING” KINGDOM, It is the SEVEN Spirit of GOD in Jesus guiding His rule , Just like he said when he was on this earth < the SON of Man can do “NOTHING of HIMSELF”,the Father “IN” me “HE” doth the works.  The same hold true for his Kingdom rule, and that is why he turns it back to God at the end of the Millennial reign, and he (the man Jesus) becomes subject to it also just as we all will be , like it says

Hi Gene,

Peace brother………….

Hi Abe:

Isa 48:14   All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these [things]? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.  

Isa 48:15   I, [even] I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.  

Love in Christ
    Marty

Hi Marty,

from the time that it was, there [am] I: and  now  the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent  Me.

Peace brother…………..

HI Abe:

The scripture seems to go from God speaking in verse 15 to Cyrus speaking in verse 16.

That is the best explanation that I can come up with.  It isn't easy to understand.

If you read from the 1st verse, it is understood that it is God who is speaking.  I am not a scholar and so I don't know, but it appears that the last part of verse 16 may be mistranslated.  It would make more sense if it would read: “and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent him”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Is.49:1   Listen to Me, O islands, And pay attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called Me from the womb; From the body of My mother He named Me.

2  He has made My mouth like a sharp sword, In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me; And He has also made Me a select arrow, He has hidden Me in His quiver.

3   He   said to   ‘Me',    “You are My Servant,   *Israel*,   In Whom I will show My glory.”

Ex.4:22   “Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD,   “Israel   is My son, My    *Firstborn*.

Heb.1:1   God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,

2  in these last days has spoken to us   IN   His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Heb.12:22   But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,

23  to the general assembly and  Church   Of the  *Firstborn*   who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

24  and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Peace brother………

Hi Abe:  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Wasn’t the original words separated into verses and chapters?

Peace brother…………

Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 02 2013,09:03)

Hi Gene,

Peace brother………….

Hi Abe:

Love in Christ
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Peace brother…………..

HI Abe:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Peace brother………

Hi Abe:  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes, but the scriptures show to whom God or about whom He speaking regardless of this fact.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Abe:

My response above was to your question in your last response to me. I quoted the wrong page.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

abe
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 03 2013,15:07)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 02 2013,09:03)

Hi Gene,

Peace brother………….

Hi Abe:

Love in Christ
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Peace brother…………..

HI Abe:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Peace brother………

Hi Abe:  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes, but the scriptures show to whom God or about whom He speaking regardless of this fact.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

from the Beginning    I    have not spoken in secret,

from the time it came    To Be    “I“    have   Been  there.”

Why do you say this is Cyrus?

Peace brother…

Participant

Hi Abe:

In the verses that you quote, it is God speaking, but He was speaking about Cyrus, because it was Cyrus that God had foreordained to defeat the Babylonians and deliver the children of Israel from captivity.

This is the scripture that I have already quoted showing why I believe this:

Isa 48:14

All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 31 2013,00:17)
    Mike,

After all, everything else said about wisdom in Prov 8 matches things also said elsewhere about Jesus.  Nor does it make any sense that God was literally without wisdom in the beginning, and therefore had to create literal wisdom for Himself.

An interesting point.

Mike,

I do not believe Scripture says Wisdom was possessed before the beginning of God's works of old.

Proverbs 8:22
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way,
    before his works of old.

Where did you find it was created?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proverbs 8:22 NET ©
    The Lord created 1  me as the beginning 2  of his works, 3  before his deeds of long ago.

Footnote #1 (read it all, Kerwin):
    There are two roots קָנָה (qanah) in Hebrew, one meaning “to possess,” and the other meaning “to create.” The earlier English versions did not know of the second root, but suspected in certain places that a meaning like that was necessary (e.g., Gen 4:1; 14:19; Deut 32:6). Ugaritic confirmed that it was indeed another root.

The older versions have the translation “possess” because otherwise it sounds like God lacked wisdom and therefore created it at the beginning. They wanted to avoid saying that wisdom was not eternal.

The verb occurs twelve times in Proverbs with the meaning of “to acquire”; but the Greek and the Syriac versions have the meaning “create.” Although the idea is that wisdom existed before creation, the parallel ideas in these verses (“appointed,” “given birth”) argue for the translation of “create” or “establish”.

(They are talking about verses 23 and 24, where wisdom is said to have been “given birth”.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Here are some other versions that understand a meaning of “create” in that verse………..

NIV ©
    “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;

NLT ©
    “The LORD formed me from the beginning, before he created anything else.

MSG ©
    “GOD sovereignly made me–the first, the basic–before he did anything else.

BBE ©
    The Lord made me as the start of his way, the first of his works in the past.

NRSV ©
    The LORD created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of long ago.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…… The LORD OUR GOD created all spirits, wisdom is one of the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD . It is personified in scripture as other Spirits are also.

Peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 05 2013,20:24)
    Kerwin…… The LORD OUR GOD created all spirits,  wisdom is one of the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD . It is personified in scripture as other Spirits are also.

Gene

Then according to you God is the guilty one for all the good and the bad under all of his creation ??? Right ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,11:09)

Kerwin…… The LORD OUR GOD created all spirits,  wisdom is one of the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD . It is personified in scripture as other Spirits are also.

Gene

Then according to you God is the guilty one for all the good and the bad under all of his creation ??? Right ???

T,

I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion based on what Gene wrote.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 07 2013,05:03)

Gene

T,

Kerwin

Kerwin…… The LORD OUR GOD created all spirits,

their are good spirits and their are bad spirit :

gene says God created ALL SPIRITS

it is in front of you see

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 07 2013,05:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 07 2013,05:03)

Gene

T,

Kerwin

Kerwin…… The LORD OUR GOD created all spirits,

their are good spirits and their are bad spirit :

gene says God created ALL SPIRITS

it is in front of you see

T.

I understand that you are answering Gene claim that God created all spirits.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I don't believe spirits are created as God has eternally lived by the spirit of lover, mercy, justice, and good ones. The evil ones are the result of rejecting him.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Spirits are not created as God eternally has had the spirit of wisdom and all other good spirits.

Wisdom is an aspect of the Spirit but there is only one Holy Spirit. Even there is only one Spirit I do say call each aspect a spirit in its own right.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 08 2013,05:00)
    T,

I don't believe spirits are created as God has eternally lived by the spirit of lover, mercy, justice, and good ones.  The evil ones are the result of rejecting him.

Kerwin

you getting back to things we already have discussed ,and i do not feel to lose any time on it ,repeat does not do good ,but please read back and read the scriptures to guide you ,if you do not believe the scriptures the way they have been written ,stop reading them they have been rendered void by your own thinking philosophy,

and so we will never come together ,we are on two different track and going on opposite direction.

so until you let Christ in your heart without restrain ,have the time of your life

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 08 2013,07:50)

T,

I don't believe spirits are created as God has eternally lived by the spirit of lover, mercy, justice, and good ones.  The evil ones are the result of rejecting him.

Kerwin

you getting back to things we already have discussed ,and i do not feel to lose any time on it ,repeat does not do good ,but please read back and read the scriptures to guide you ,if you do not believe the scriptures the way they have been written ,stop reading them they have been rendered void by your own thinking philosophy,

and so we will never come together  ,we are on two different track and going on opposite direction.

so until you let Christ in your heart without restrain ,have the time of your life

T,

When Christ is in my heard without resistance it will be a time of glory for I will no longer sin. It is the old man that resists him and so also our Father in heaven.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,02:44)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 08 2013,07:50)

T,

Kerwin

and so we will never come together  ,we are on two different track and going on opposite direction.

T,

When Christ is in my heard without resistance it will be a time of glory for I will no longer sin.  It is the old man that resists him and so also our Father in heaven.

wrong

if you do not do it now when do you going to do it ,this is in your hand ,not GOD, he already showed you ,so just follow ,

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account