About us

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

This thread was once the comment section under the Contact that page. That page no longer exists, but thought it a waste to delete the associated comments. So they are saved here.

Silvans Henry

Trinity is a false doctrine and man-made.

john

Studying on thé untruths about thé trinity doctrine. Confused about John 1:1 where it states thé Word was God. My KJV and My NKJV Had Word was God. Need help

Admin
    Keymaster

Try the top of this page:

Supporting the Trinity Doctrine – The Trinity Doctrine

I will be breaking this page up in the future, but for now this page has what you may be looking for.

rena22

God is coming and I believe! I am one of the chosen 1, all I need to do is have faith and know im here to serve him not man!

rena22

Thank you Jesus for this day. I believe, I believe. I ask God to order my steps and strengthen me where I am weak. He answers prayers. On time God, yes he is. I believe I was one of those people. I had a vision with a lady(man) opening her(his) hands out to me. The gates was open and all I saw was clouds. I was scared and didnt understand. I been going through a lot this year and been seeking answers. Recently this lady informed me that I was Queen of Zion, never heard anything like this in my life. I told her I was on a journey with God and how I have been mistreated. Every one I get in contact with someone they tell me God has a plan for me and will touch many children lives.

Pete444
    Participant

Do a search for Sahidic Coptic Gospel of John or possibly George William Horner or J Warren Wells. I believe the original translations of John 1 could possibly have been;

In the beginning the Word existed. The Word existed in the presence of God, and the Word was a divine being.

But the “Trinitarian movement” has a way of their own for translating words.

Admin
    Keymaster

Cheers Pete. I will take a look.

DavidL
    Participant

john says: .. Confused about John 1:1 where it states the Word was God. My KJV and My NKJV Had Word was God.

All Bibles declare the truth that, “the Word WAS God.”(except Jehovahs Witnesses’s who wrote their own translation because of their Unitarian belief, and so naturally had to change John 1:1 to say “..a god..”)..

anyone who simply believes the Bible, will get very confused on this site, because to try and justify Unitarianism, the meaning of many Scriptures has to be changed..

Admin
    Keymaster

Nothing you said in this post is true.

DavidL
    Participant

thanks, I believe the truth of what I have shared will be evident to all who are searching for the truth..

Admin
    Keymaster

There are quite a few translations that do not translate John 1:1c as the Word was God, not just the JW one as you say. Some say, the Word was divine for example. There are other translations too. This is because even though most translators today are Trinitarian and certainly have a bias for Jesus being the Almighty God, others even Trinitarian scholars admit that John 1:1c is saying that the Word was qualitatively God meaning divine, but not as God himself. So they translate accordingly. And of those Trinitarians that admit to the qualitative reading of John 1:1c, they also say it doesn’t matter if it says that the Word was THE God because he is God anyway. That is how bias works is it not. And back to the JW’s version of John 1:1c, I actually do not agree with their translation anyway.

This is the truth. Most translations say the Word was God which in Greek is basically saying “the Word was THE God”, and the JW’s say “the Word was A god”. But the Greek neither uses A or THE in the text of John 1:1c. While it could have used ‘THE’ and thus all debate would be over, it didn’t use it. And neither is there ‘A’ or an indefinite article in Greek too. So both views are wrong. The Word is THE God and the Word is A god are not what is written.

And your last comment about the scripture needs to change to cater for my view that there is one God the Father and one Lord the Lord Jesus Christ, your words are not true here either. If you were never taught the Trinity, and you were a castaway on a tropical island and a bible washed up intact, and then you spent months reading the bible, I guarantee that you would not come out with the understanding that God is a triune being.

The clear reading of scripture that you would come away with is that the Father of Jesus Christ is his God and our God and that Jesus is the son of God and that we are the sons of God. Jesus himself is our brother, not our God. If Jesus were God, then so would we because he calls us brethren. The brother of God would be God too. Of course, God is our Father instead.

We are brothers because he is the son of God, and we are the sons of God. And clearly as far as God goes, Paul says, “for us there is one God the Father”. This is what the untainted mind and soul of a man would receive and believe if they read the scriptures with a renewed or even clear mind.

DavidL
    Participant

I, and many others, are PROOF that what you think – is actually wrong..!

we have never been been TAUGHT to believe the Trinity doctrine..we ARE those people (if you like) who have read the Bible on our islands un-influenced by the doctrines of man…until YOU try and TEACH us otherwise..!!! YOU REALLY NEED TO CONSIDER THIS..!!!

We believe, as you say, “the Father of Jesus Christ is his God and our God and that Jesus is the son of God and that we are the sons of God..” that much is plain and obvious..but it is ALSO the plain REVELATION of Scripture itself that declares Jesus is GOD – This is a REVELATION of the Holy Spirit…the same revelation that Isaiah had (Isaiah 9:6), that Thomas had (John 20:28), that John had (Revelation 1:8)..and this same revelation is imparted to true believers – so DON’T become entangled with the doctrines of man..hold onto what has been revealed to your spirit..through the simple reading of the Scriptures!!

If you start believing the Bible has been corrupted by the bias of translators – and not preserved for us by our Heavenly Father – (intact and dependable)…then you’ve basically got to throw the whole Book out and examine every little detail yourself in Hebrew and Greek…and what do you end up with..??? A WASTED DELUDE LIFE – AND A SELF-CREATED BOOK OF DEAD DOCTRINES THAT IS ONLY GOOD FOR TOILET PAPER…!!!!!

The Bible IS the inspired Word of God – JESUS IS GOD..!

Admin
    Keymaster

I believe you should be a bit careful with your choice of words. I never said the Bible was corrupt. It certainly not. So your conclusion about throwing away Bibles based on my view is clearly wrong.

The Bible texts have been proven correct by the many families of texts that we have. Sure there is some variation with a few added on verses, as well as spelling and grammatical errors in some texts, but by and large there is enough to know what the original is saying.

What I am saying David is that no translation is perfect and often biases show up in translations when there are multiple viable options to translate a verse, e.g., moving the comma around can completely change the meaning to suit a doctrine and remember there are no commas in Greek, so translators have to put the comma somewhere, and they are likely to put it toward the view that they hold right. Further, trinitarian bias of John 1:1c translates as if there was a definite article before the word theos while the JWs translation puts in the indefinite article to suit their view which is also not there. Both are equally swayed by bias.

If you do not believe that biases do show up in translations then you are being naive. You only have to google “Comma Johanneum”,”1 John 5:7″. Or take a look at verses like 1 Timothy 3:16. This verse like many others is translated completely differently compared to what translation you use. This is because the AKJV was translated from newer and less reliable texts called the “Textus Receptive” and yes there is corruption in that text. Scholars will readily admit that and much of it was to give the Bible support for the Trinity Doctrine which they felt it was lacking. This translation also has the added in words of the Comma Johanneum.

This is why modern translations translate 1 Timothy 3:16 differently too. Learn more about that verse here:

1 Timothy 3:16

To conclude. Today we have enough texts, translations, and understanding of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek to know what the scriptures are telling us. So your view that I am saying it is corrupt is not true. Yes there is some corruption in some texts and not in others. Making comparisons means that these corruptions stand out and therefore we act accordingly.

If you think that every translation and text is perfect, then you put your trust in man. Because translations require the work of men who are themselves not perfect and subject to bias. But given all the texts, translations, and especially the Dead Sea Scrolls, we have no excuse to be deceived about doctrine if we decide to study and check out all things to see if they are so, (as Paul commended some of our brothers to do).

“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

Admin
    Keymaster

Also, I can assure you that if you were that guy on the tropical island, you would not come away with the Trinity. No one understands the Trinity Doctrine and thus you would only come way with that which you understood.

Further, it took hundreds of years for the Trinity Doctrine to be formulated. And even then, a further sixty or more years before the Holy Spirt was added in as the third person of this Triune God.

Then you tell me that you single-handedly would come to this conclusion? With respect, I find this hard to believe David.

DavidL
    Participant

you..who promotes secular movies and then think you’re holy enough to tamper with the Word of God..? You (with one foot in the world)..get a little knowledge.. and now you think you know more about koinie Greek than the Bible translators themselves..!!?? when those who have a mastery of the language state that there are many scholarly works that can be cited to show why the Greek phrase Theos en ho logos is correctly translated “The Word was God”…

It is you, in all your self-deception and false humility…who should be very careful, because you are undermining the reliability of Scripture and pointing people instead to your own understanding, which, as I have said before – is corrupted..!!

Admin
    Keymaster

That rings a bell. Remember who said this, “You who doesn’t wash his hands before a meal”. When they couldn’t refute him, they attacked his character.

Come on David, when you resort to attacking the person it means you basically lost the debate. It’s a way to try and get the last word. I have seen this time and time again. You know with regards to me watching some movies, (which I don’t do that often but have no problem doing) you are judging another man’s servant. By all means judge my teaching by rightly dividing the word of God, but don’t bring it down to that level. It is a level of desperation. Honestly, I am not trying to provoke you in any way. I am just teaching what is in scripture and for that I am guilty. But you come here to attack me. Well you know that you bless me when you do that.

Have a look at this pic and use it as a guide when debating or replying to someone’s teaching. Notice that the Pharisees rebuttals were quite low in that scale while Jesus was able to refute the Pharisees outright using the word of God.
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=14ee5560f502f863862830b2776a323f;act=ST;f=22;t=4849

And back to John 1:1c. The Word was with God. So your interpretation is God was with God. Don’t know about you, but I count 2 Gods in your view. But for us there is one God the Father. Obviously not for you so it seems.

Here is a question for you in order to help you understand Greek construction which is helpful in understanding John 1:1c. I will use English to demonstrate:

Was Eve Adam or was Eve adam?

Look up the meaning of adam and Adam (the adam). Do a study on it.

In case you are not following me. Look at the verse “God created man, male and female” in Hebrew, take note of the word ‘man’, then look at a verse where Adam the husband of Eve is mentioned. Take note of the word, Adam.
    Once you have done that, then look at John 1:1c and take note what the lack of the definite article can do here as well.

DavidL
    Participant

I’m not here to win any debate – and for the record, you directed me to your site to teach me about the terrible doctrine of the Trinity…not realizing that the truth about Jesus being God is in no way dependent on some historical teaching – (something you refuse to accept..)

But..you don’t stop at just attacking doctrines and creeds (of saints who are no longer around to defend them..!!), but lay your hand to twisting and mutilating the Scriptures themselves..putting yourself foolishly in the position of some expert who understands and knows more than even the Bible translators.. and for this, I bring you rebuke.. that if listened too, may save you from circumstances you will regret – and if not..then others with more sense and fear of God, may see the folly of your ways and the error of your teaching…

Somehow you think you have the right to change the Bible cause it doesn’t say what you think it should mean..dismissing the definitive first verse of John as just the translators bias towards a doctrine you (with all your knowledge) happen to disagree with – like somehow your historical research into church doctrines (verified by who..??) holds more authority than the Scriptures themselves..??

Don’t you know that the volume of the WHOLE Book testifies of Jesus Christ – not just a handful of selected verses (that you carefully mutilate and distort)..maybe you think of yourself as some faithful student of the Word – without realizing you’ve become another blind guide whose fallen into a ditch of your own creation..

Finally I would say to all – “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.”

Colossians 2:8-10

Admin
    Keymaster

I have no problem with you debating me and seeing if what I say is really in scripture. That is good. But I am advising you for your own sake only to keep to that, and not stoop to judging me outside of that. You do not know me personally and it is a bit silly to do that IMO. But as I said, I am only saying this for your sake, not mine.

I can see you are upset, and that is the result of your frustration. The frustration of not being able to disprove my words. And you won’t be able to because I am merely repeating scripture. Sure you may find weaknesses in my understanding of scripture and I welcome that because you would then be giving me the opportunity to become better and change, and be conformed, so no problem there. But so far, I haven’t seen any good reason from you that challenges these scriptures and my understanding of them. As always I remain open minded to what you have to say and welcome any good future input you may have.

Blessings in God and his son Jesus Christ.

Admin
    Keymaster

I love what you quote here.

Finally I would say to all – “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.”
    Colossians 2:8-10

We indeed need to beware of traditions and philosophies like the Trinity Doctrine. And yes in Jesus dwells the fullness of divinity just like we also have fullness in Christ. Of course this also means that we are not Christ and Christ is not God, rather the son of God.

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the deity lives in bodily form,
    10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

People often make the mistake and think that to possess in divine nature makes you Almighty God. It does not. Yes God has divine nature, but he share his nature with others.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account