1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ July 07 2012,04:43)

Quote (Wakeup @ July 06 2012,22:55)
    AMEN,AMEN.

WAKEUP.

GOD HIS FATHER did the speaking through his son

Wakeup,

TO CLARIFY, IT WAS NOT THE VOICE OF THE FATHER,BUT THE FATHER HIMSELF.

THIS CONFIMS IT

John 14:Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou NOT KNOWN ME, Philip? he that hath seen ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I AM IN THE FATHER, and THE FATHER IN ME ? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that DWELLET IN ME, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jesus here confirmed that HE WAS THE ONLY GOD VISIBLE, ON EARTH,THE TRUE GOD,BOTH THE FATHER,AS SPIRIT,AND JESUS CHRIST AS FLESH. TWO AND  BECAME ONE THROUGH GLORIFICATION FOR ETERNITY.

SINCE ALL THE REST ARE ONLY SPIRITS AND NOT VISIBLE INCLUDING GOD ALMIGHTY.

AND THE FATHER WILL OWN ON THE LAST DAY JESUS GLORIFIED BODY.

SO YOU AGREE THAT JESUS IS GOD IN FLESH !

GOD/MAN HYPOSTATIC UNION.

SINCE JESUS AS A HUMAN BEING HAD THE FATHER IN HIS SOUL THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

Why is it so,that we will not accept Jesus own words;that he is THE SON OF GOD?
    The devil himself accept it,saying ''you are the SON OF GOD''.
    Peter accept it; saying ''you are the SON OF GOD''.all the apostles say ''Jesus is the SON OF GOD''.
    WHY MUST WE SAY OTHERWISE?
    GOD left Jesus on the cross;did he not?so who died on the cross/the Son or the Father?

If the Holy spirit is in us; does it mean that we are the Holy spirit?

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 06 2012,11:18)

Quote (jammin @ July 05 2012,18:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 05 2012,03:49)
    jammin, is God Almighty the most powerful being who has ever existed?  YES or NO?

are you referring to the father or son? bec the bible says that they are both GOD by nature and not god boy. LOL

I'm referring to the Father.  Please answer the question.

if you say GOD the father, the answer is yes bec that is the nature of GOD and not MAN. the son is also all mighty bec he is GOD by nature.
    GOD by nature is all mighty.
    the bible says that the father is GOD and the son is also GOD
    they are both GOD by nature.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 06 2012,14:30)

Quote (jammin @ July 06 2012,11:11)

Quote (Ed J @ July 05 2012,02:22)
    Hi Jammin,

You should look to John 17:3 – since 1John 5:20 confuses you.
    John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee
    the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1. YHVH – the only true God
    2. Jesus Christ – whom you sent

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

you do not understand that 1 john 17.3
    it says that there is only ONE FATHER WHO IS TRULY GOD!
    do you know any father who is truly GOD?
    i believe that there is ONLY ONE!

the father is truly GOD!
    but the bible says that the son is TRULY GOD!

TRULY MAN has a son who is also TRULY MAN.

GOD has a son. the son is also GOD by nature.
    they are truly GOD!

study hard boy

Hi Jammin,

You keep forgetting that Mary was Jesus' mother.

God bless

Christ became flesh. the son of GOD became flesh. GOD(christ) was manifested in the flesh.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ July 06 2012,17:57)

jammin, is God Almighty the most powerful being who has ever existed?  YES or NO?

if you say GOD the father, the answer is yes………

Can THE most powerful being who has ever existed beget THE most powerful being who has ever existed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ July 06 2012,16:56)

Good one. :)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 07 2012,11:00)

Quote (jammin @ July 06 2012,17:57)

if you say GOD the father, the answer is yes………

Can THE most powerful being who has ever existed beget THE most powerful being who has ever existed?

you cut my answer boy
    let me complete it

if you say GOD the father, the answer is yes bec that is the nature of GOD and not MAN. the son is also all mighty bec he is GOD by nature.
    GOD by nature is all mighty.
    the bible says that the father is GOD and the son is also GOD
    they are both GOD by nature.

that is my answer.
    now for your next question. the bible says that christ is eternal just like his father.

John 1:1

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

In the beginning – This expression is used also in Genesis 1:1. John evidently has allusion here to that place, and he means to apply to “the Word” an expression which is there applied “to God.” In both places it clearly means before creation, before the world was made, when as yet there was nothing. The meaning is: that the “Word” had an existence before the world was created. This is not spoken of the man Jesus, but of that which “became” a man, or was incarnate, John 1:14. The Hebrews, by expressions like this, commonly denoted eternity.

the bible also says that GOD the father said to his son,” I have begotten you. “
    there is no problem with that. you just dont know the meaning of that term. it means that GOD established Christ in an official Sonship relation, with kingly dignity

People's New Testament
    This day have I begotten thee. What day is referred to in the prophecy? Ac 13:32,33 answers the question by quoting this very passage and declaring that it was fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ from the dead. He was born from the dead and God, who raised him, thus demonstrated that he was his Son.

study hard boy

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ July 07 2012,09:56)

AMEN,AMEN.

WAKEUP.

Wakeup,

THIS CONFIMS IT

John 14:Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou NOT KNOWN ME, Philip? he that hath seen ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I AM IN THE FATHER, and THE FATHER IN ME ? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that DWELLET IN ME, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jesus here confirmed that HE WAS THE ONLY GOD VISIBLE, ON EARTH,THE TRUE GOD,BOTH THE FATHER,AS SPIRIT,AND JESUS CHRIST AS FLESH. TWO AND  BECAME ONE THROUGH GLORIFICATION FOR ETERNITY.

SINCE JESUS AS A HUMAN BEING HAD THE FATHER IN HIS SOUL THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

The devil himself accept it,saying  ''you are the SON OF GOD''.
    Peter accept it; saying  ''you are the SON OF GOD''.all the apostles say ''Jesus is the SON OF GOD''.
    GOD left Jesus on the cross;did he not?so who died on the cross/the Son or the Father?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

GOD THE FATHER IN HIS SON, HIS OWN IMAGE.

GOD THE FATHER  ( SPIRIT)LEFT HIS SON IN ORDER FOR SATAN TO TAKE HIM( JESUS' SOUL) TO HELL,AND TO BE IN ALL THINGS  LIKE HIS BRETHREN.

SATAN WAS MORE THEN CONVINCED THAT GOD WOULD NEVER ACHIEVES MANHOOD.

HE ONLY BECAME AWARE OF IT IN THE FIRE OF HELL, AS HE COULDN'T RESIST THE KIND OF FIRE WERE THE HOLY SPIRIT TOOK JESUS' SOUL.

NOW!

what is the difference between a SON OF GOD and a SON OF MAN ???

WE ALL CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT A SON OF MAN IS ,AND HIS ORIGIN,BUT I AM AFRAID WE HAVEN'T GOT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT THE SON OF GOD IS, AND ALSO HIS ORIGIN.

Luke 10:All things are delivered to me by my Father; and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal him.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GOD IS!!

WE DON'T KMOW WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN GOD ALMIGHTY, AND GOD!!

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE DIFERRENCE BETWEEN THE FATHER, AND GOD ALMIGHTY, SINCE ONE IS A PERSON,AND THE OTHER IS A TITLE.

YOU HAVE ENOUGH SCRIPTURES TO PROVE THAT THE FATHER BECAME MAN IN THE PERSON OF JESUS OTHERWISE YOU ARE IN LINE WITH SATAN,AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL JESUS IN THE GLORY OF THE FATHER WOULD EVENTUALLY PROVE IT WHEN HE COMES TO ENCOUNTER SATAN HIMSELF ON EARTH INFRONT OF ALL CREATURES FOR THE LAST TIME.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ July 07 2012,17:41)

Quote (Wakeup @ July 07 2012,09:56)

AMEN,AMEN.

WAKEUP.

Wakeup,

THIS CONFIMS IT

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

The devil himself accept it,saying  ''you are the SON OF GOD''.
    Peter accept it; saying  ''you are the SON OF GOD''.all the apostles say ''Jesus is the SON OF GOD''.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

GOD THE FATHER IN HIS SON, HIS OWN IMAGE.

GOD THE FATHER  ( SPIRIT)LEFT HIS SON IN ORDER FOR SATAN TO TAKE HIM( JESUS' SOUL) TO HELL,AND TO BE IN ALL THINGS  LIKE HIS BRETHREN.

SATAN WAS MORE THEN CONVINCED THAT GOD WOULD NEVER ACHIEVES MANHOOD.

HE ONLY BECAME AWARE OF IT IN THE FIRE OF HELL, AS HE COULDN'T RESIST THE KIND OF FIRE WERE THE HOLY SPIRIT TOOK JESUS' SOUL.

NOW!

what is the difference between a SON OF GOD and a SON OF MAN ???

WE ALL CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT A SON OF MAN IS ,AND HIS ORIGIN,BUT I AM AFRAID WE HAVEN'T GOT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT THE SON OF GOD IS, AND ALSO HIS ORIGIN.

Luke 10:All things are delivered to me by my Father; and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal him.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GOD IS!!

WE DON'T KMOW WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN GOD ALMIGHTY, AND GOD!!

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE DIFERRENCE BETWEEN THE FATHER, AND GOD ALMIGHTY, SINCE ONE IS A PERSON,AND THE OTHER IS A TITLE.

YOU HAVE ENOUGH SCRIPTURES TO PROVE THAT THE FATHER BECAME MAN IN THE PERSON OF JESUS OTHERWISE YOU ARE IN LINE WITH SATAN,AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL JESUS IN THE GLORY OF THE FATHER WOULD EVENTUALLY PROVE IT WHEN HE COMES TO ENCOUNTER SATAN HIMSELF ON EARTH INFRONT OF ALL CREATURES FOR THE LAST TIME.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Thank you carmel.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ July 06 2012,21:09)
    now for your next question. the bible says that christ is eternal just like his father.

John 1:1

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

Actually, that was a man saying [before all time], jammin – not the Bible.

John 15:27
    And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning [before all time].

Just because I ADD [before all time] into that scripture doesn't mean that's what Jesus actually said.

Micah 5:2
    “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

This scripture speaks of the origins of Jesus, so he is apparently not from eternity.  And look at what verse 4 tells us:

4 He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.

jammin, this verse tells us that Jesus will shepherd the flock in the strength of HIS GOD.  Why would someone who is almighty by nature need the strength of his own God to shepherd the flock?

jammin, these translators and commentators you rely on are constantly adding their own words into the scriptures – words that clearly contradict other scriptures.

Have you noticed that you quote the most recent Trinitarian Bibles, and not the older ones like the KJV, NASB, or NRSV?  Have you noticed the trend that has been taking place since those older Bibles were translated?  It's like the Trinitarians are getting bolder and bolder as time goes by – like one of them ADDED his own words to make the scripture teach what he wanted it to teach, and the others started thinking, “Hey, that's a great idea!  Let's also do that with our translation!”

So more and more, we have been seeing the production of Bibles in which the translators don't add a footnote, but just incorporate their own beliefs right into the scripture itself, making it seem to the unwitting like that is what the actual scripture says.  It is a scam and very deceptive and untruthful.  Yet THESE are the kinds of Bibles you like to quote, because they tell you what your itching ears like to hear.  Paul warned about that, jammin:

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

The sound doctrine is that there is but one God, the Father, who has a Son named Jesus who serves Him as High Priest.  But that's not what your itching ears want to hear, so you gather around you people like Gill and Barnes – teachers who say what your itching ears DO want to hear. And that makes me sad for you. You say you know Greek? Well, put away these makeshift translations you thrive on, and get your Biblical understanding from the Greek words. Then you won't get fooled by the added words of men trying to FORCE the scriptures to teach what they WANT them to teach.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

There are corrupt Greek translations as well: Codex Sinaiticvs, Codex Vaticanvs and the Nestle Text.

The 'Codex Sinaiticvs' and the 'Codex Vaticanvs' do not agree with each other, and as
    a matter of FACT both are closer in agreement to the “Textus Receptus” than to each other.
    The Nestle Text was a blending of these two texts into one altered Greek version by the Catholics.
    It was done in an attempt to compete with the “Textus Receptus” as an alternate version of God's truth.

The “Textus Receptus” (also called the received text) was a compilation of all the Greek texts that were being
    circulated in the churches into one a master copy. The “AKJV Bible” was translated from this Greek “Majority Text”.

The Nestle Text was a Greek blended text of 'Codex Sinaiticvs' and the 'Codex Vaticanvs', from which the N.I.V descends.
    The “AKJV Bible” was translated from the “Textus Receptus”; which was a master copy of the Greek Majority texts.
    Both the N.I.V. and N.A.S.B. are good translations, but of the wrong Greek text, as the Nestle Text is corrupt.

The “Textus Receptus” is a master copy of the more than 5,000 Greek manuscripts
    being passed around by the early Church; also called the “Majority Texts”.
    The “AKJV Bible” Greek was translated from the “Textus Receptus”.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks for that bit of info, complete with your own opinion of which one is good and which one is garbage.  :)

I find it interesting that the NKJV has a different text than the KJV – seeing that the experts who translated it ought to have known at least as much as you do on the subject.  Why then did they change “perfection”?

Oh, that's right…………….. OLDER mss were found that show many things in the KJV to have been marginal notes and such, that were later added to the mss by scribes throughout time.
    One example is the last words of 1 John 5:7, which are not to be found in any ms dated before the 14th century, because the words were ADDED by a scribe at some point. Yet the KJV has those added words, doesn't it? So much for “perfection”.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 08 2012,09:19)
    Thanks for that bit of info, complete with your own opinion of which one is good and which one is garbage.  :)

I find it interesting that the NKJV has a different text than the KJV – seeing that the experts who translated it ought to have known at least as much as you do on the subject.  Why then did they change “perfection”?

Hi Mike,

You illustrate corruption.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them
    (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
    (that is English) will he speak to this people.

1Cor.14:27 (AKJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two(Hebrew, Aramaic),
    or at the most by three
    (Greek), and that by course; [and let one (“AKJV Bible”) translate].

The “AKJV Bible” we have today was no accident, it's exactly the way GOD wanted it!

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

why do you look at the corruption of men ??? I always have looked at Gods truth for his truth ,I have understood that the truth his given to the righteous that love him ,and in return he bless them ,

“YOUR WORD IS THE TRUTH ” THIS IS TRUE but did you find out what is his word (scriptures)???

this is were many fail ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed, adding (the AKJV Bible) into scriptures doesn't prove you're right, does it?

Tell me about 1 John 5:7 in the KJV. Why do they have words in their Bible that weren't in any ms until the 14th century?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And why are we even talking about this right now in this thead? ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 08 2012,10:29)
    Ed, adding (the AKJV Bible) into scriptures doesn't prove you're right, does it?

Tell me about 1 John 5:7 in the KJV.  Why do they have words in their Bible that weren't in any ms until the 14th century?

Hi Mike,

Do you want me to answer this?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Sure.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Have you ever heard of the saying  –  'no good deed goes unpunished'  ?

When someone suffers for doing what is right (like borrowing something to someone),
    and then vows never to borrow something again because it was damaged in the process.
    ..it is God's way of eliminating 'the fakes', because the chaff falls away.
    I hope you understand the point I'm eluding to, but if you don't feel free to ask more questions.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Ed,

Indulge me, for I have not a clue what you're talking about.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account