1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,461 through 1,480 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2012,18:58)
    Hi ED,
    The kingdom was begun before that.
    Lk 16.16

Hi Nick,

“And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and
    saith unto them, Receive ye the HolySpirit:” (John 20:22)
    Not to many days before, “Pentecost” was the official start.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    My words are spirit and life.
    Lk 16.16

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,18:49)

Quote (jammin @ June 04 2012,16:11)
    are not you a truly man? yes or no?

anyone could answer this question

Hi Jammin,

Yes, and what is your point?

God bless
    PS. Your grammar is that of a forth grader.

therefore,

accept that Christ is truly GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 05 2012,23:17)

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,18:49)

Quote (jammin @ June 04 2012,16:11)
    are not you a truly man? yes or no?

anyone could answer this question

Hi Jammin,

Yes, and what is your point?

God bless
    PS. Your grammar is that of a forth grader.

therefore,

accept that Christ is truly GOD

Hi Jammin,

The bible says that Christ is the “Son of God”. (John 20:31)
    Should your opinions over-rule what Scripture says?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

that is not my opinion

you accept that you are truly man just like your father

the bible says that Christ is truly GOD just like his father.

1 John 5:20

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

20 We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we know the real God. We are in the one who is real, his Son Jesus Christ. This Jesus Christ is the real God and eternal life.

John 1:1

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
    The Word of Life

1 In the beginning was the one
    who is called the Word.
    The Word was with God
    and was truly God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

1John 5:20 refers to Jesus' father as God.
    And John 1:1 refers to the “HolySpirit”.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

LOL

read your opinion boy.

1 john 5.20 talks about the father and the son

john 1.1 talks about the son and not the HS

make your own bible boy LOL
    John 1:1

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

Christ is not the HS. he is the son of GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Doctored versions don't mean anything to me, why would you think they would?
    Whenever something is in question, I go to the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

The “AKJV Bible”, the “Masoretic texts” and the “Textus Receptus”,
    All other copies of so-called scripture are untrustworthy as “Canon”.

Ed J
    Participant

To Jammin,

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them
    (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
    (that is English) will he speak to this people.

1Cor.14:27 (AKJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two(Hebrew, Aramaic),
    or at the most by three
    (Greek), and that by course; [and let one (“AKJV Bible”) translate].

The “AKJV Bible” we have today was no accident, it's exactly the way GOD wanted it!

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,18:47)
    Hi Georgie,

God's kingdom has been set up since “Pentecost“; do you not believe this?

God bless

Hi Edj

God's kingdom was not set up since pentecost, , his kingdom is already established from the beginning.

But where this new kingdom will be set up, is on earth, in Jerusalem.  This is the good news Ed, that a new kingdom is coming.  Not just for spirits, but for men made out of flesh and blood.  They will have a fair and righteous King who will rule with a rod of iron, and they will have a chance to learn the truth now as it's coming straight out of Zion from God's holy mountain.  This will not happen until the Prince of Peace comes in his glory with all his angels and his saints.

Micah 4:2   And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Zech 8:3   Thus says the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.

Zech 8:4   Thus says the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.

Zech 8:5   And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.

Zech 8:6   Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the Lord of hosts.

Zech 8:22   Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

Malachi 3:12   And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

You must agree all the above has not happened yet, and when it does, you can then say that it is established and set up on the earth.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ June 06 2012,02:11)

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,18:47)
    Hi Georgie,

God's kingdom has been set up since “Pentecost“; do you not believe this?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Edj

God's kingdom was not set up since pentecost, , his kingdom is already established from the beginning.

But where this new kingdom will be set up, is on earth, in Jerusalem.  This is the good news Ed, that a new kingdom is coming.  Not just for spirits, but for men made out of flesh and blood.  

Hi Georgie,

“To whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by
    many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and
    speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:”

“The kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness,
    and peace, and joy in the HolySpirit.” (Romans 14:17 / Acts 1:3)

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be
    that the [HolySpirit] of God dwell in you. Now if any man
    have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ June 06 2012,02:11)
    Micah 4:2   And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Zech 8:3   Thus says the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.

Zech 8:4   Thus says the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.

Zech 8:5   And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.

Zech 8:6   Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the Lord of hosts.

Zech 8:22   Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

Malachi 3:12   And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

You must agree all the above has not happened yet, and when it does, you can then say that it is established and set up on the earth.

Hi Georgie,

“The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee;
    and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet;
    and they shall call thee, The [HolyCity] of the LoORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.” (Isaiah 60:14)

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2012,06:28)
    Hi J,
    “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

Yes Nick,

Jesus told them to pray that prayer while he was still with them.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,01:21)
    Hi Jammin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

really? LOL

that is what the bible says believe it or not

your illusion that john 1.1 talks about the HS is cant be read in the bible.
    make your own version of john 1.1

LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,01:44)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,05:00)
    Don't divert from the point, Ed.  The point is:  When, in the last three years, have you ever referred to ME as “the spirit of Mike”?

Hi Mike,

You mean in 2½ years, right?     …not more than a few, I only have used the term in analogies.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

Actually I joined in October of 2009……..so somewhere between 2 and 3 years.  :)

But I have never seen a post from you saying, “The spirit of Mike said this”, or “The spirit of Mike did that”.  

My point is that it is only when you think it furthers your doctrine that you try to equate a person's spirit with that person himself.

But my spirit is not “Mike”, although “Mike” CONSISTS OF, IN PART, “Mike's spirit”.

The Spirit of God is also called “the finger of God”, right?  Yet a person's finger is not them, but a part of them – something they (the person as a whole) possess.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 06 2012,17:04)

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,01:21)
    Hi Jammin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

really? LOL

that is what the bible says believe it or not

your illusion that john 1.1 talks about the HS is cant be read in the bible.
    make your own version of john 1.1

LOL

edj

God is spirit as per his nature right ?? yes ; man is flesh as per his nature right ??? yes

man as an spirit part to his nature right ? yes

God as an spirit of his own to his nature rigth ??? yes

so do not mix the being and his spirit by declaring all to be the same thing ,it is not true for man and so it is not true for God or any of his creation

carmel
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ June 04 2012,19:58)
    Charles

My question remain the same and you don't have an answer to it so read again and reflect.

whoever has a will MUST BE A PERSON

WILL IS AN ATTRIBUTE OF A PERSON.

God has a will and he a person?

John 4:24   God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

WILL SHOW YOU MORE ATTRIBUTES OF A PERSON WHICH BELONG TO THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN OTHER POSTS

IN THE MEANTIME YOU SUPPLY ME WITH A CONTRADICTION THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A PERSON IN SCRIPTURE!!

This is the best information we have in the scriptures showing us what the holy spirit is.

John 14:15   If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    John 14:16   And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you forever.

John 14:17   Even the spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him, for he dwelleth in you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26   But the comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you

Comforter=holy ghost
    Spirit of truth=holy ghost

Spirit of truth… not… spirit of a person
    God is spirit and his spirit is truth
    this spirit comes straight from God
    not a separate spirit, floating around,
    but God's spirit, a direct link to him, a helping hand,
    a gift to understand his speech and know him in depth,
    how he operates, his will, his whole plan from beginning to end.
    for those only who love him and keep his commandments.

WE ARE ALL HERE TO RECEIVE LIGHT SO GIVE ME SOME LIGHT FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS!!

With pleasure, not with boasting or arrogance, but for the love of the truth, and the brethren.

God has a will and he a person?

John 4:24   God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

journey42

Also:

God is a complex Spirit.

God has seven spirits

God is a MYSTERIOUS entity CALLING GOD A PERSON  IS AN INSULT BECAUSE YOU ARE DETERMINING WHAT GOD IS.

WE HUMANS AND CORRUPTED MORTALS ARE NOT CAPABLE TO DEFINE THE GEUINE ENTITY OF GOD, NOT EVEN IN ANY OF ALL THE LANGUAGES WE ARE ABLE TO POSSESS THE RIGHT AND PROPER WORDS TO DEFINE GOD.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON

ROMANS 8:26: 27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh INTERCESSATION for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh INTERCESSATION for the saints according to the will of God.

SO THE HOLY SPIRIT INTERCEDE FOR US THEREFORE HE IS A PERSON

Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
    Acts 10: 19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. 20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I HAVE SENT THEM

NOTICE I HAVE SENT THEM

POWER,OR FORCE HAS NO SUCH ATTRIBUTES

SO ALL THE ABOVE ARE ATTRIBUTES OF A PERSON. IF THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS JUST POWER OR FORCE NONE OF THE ABOVE COULD BE APPLIED

Acts13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the HOLY GHOSTH SAID, Separate  ME  Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

( THE “I” AND ME  PERSONAL PRONOUNS, THEREFORE HE IS A PERSON   ALSO NOTICE   I HAVE CALLED THEM )

SO ALL THE ABOVE ARE DIRECT ACTIONS BY THE HOLY SPIRIT AS A PERSON WITH AUTHORITY OF GOD.

POWER OR FORCE CANNOT FUNCTION AS SUCH.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    The seven spirits [heb1]of God are angels in front of His throne.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,461 through 1,480 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account