Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

” Mighty God, Father of Eternity”

Seems to me it doesn't get much clearer than this. He is worthy of worship.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 17 2010,15:16)

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 16 2010,15:48)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 17 2010,07:24)
    Ted,
    What you call 'apparition' the early church father's called a theophany.

Theophany: an appearance of God in visible form, temporary and not necessarily material. Such an appearance is to be contrasted with the Incarnation, in which there was a permanent union between God and complete manhood (body, soul , and spirit) (Cross, The Oxford Dictionary Of The Christian Church).

Do you think that the Word of God had a distinct mind from the Father?
    http://www.georgefox.edu/academics/undergrad/departments/religion/students/glossary.html

Kathi….. The word of God is an intricate  part of the God being….just as our voice is a function of our being and a means  to communicate….

Hi Ted,
    Do you think that the Word was an animate part of the Eternal or inanimate part?  Do you worship the Father and the Son?

Greetings Kathi….. We are afforded the opportunity in prayer to come before the Eternal one (The Father)in the name of, or, because of the sacrafice Jesus made for all man kind…Jesus is the gift from the father that demonstrates his love and mercy for mankind…. When you go before the Father in Jesus' name…..my feeling is true worship and deference is present for the God head of which the son is part of, as he is seated at the right hand of the father…Jesus will be means by which this world will be saved and it will be the loving mercy of the father that will make that possible…They are both worthy to be praised…

Baker
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 17 2010,23:50)

Ted,

Theophany: an appearance of God in visible form, temporary and not necessarily material. Such an appearance is to be contrasted with the Incarnation, in which there was a permanent union between God and complete manhood (body, soul , and spirit) (Cross, The Oxford Dictionary Of The Christian Church).

http://www.georgefox.edu/academics/undergrad/departments/religion/students/glossary.html

Kathi….. The word of God is an intricate  part of the God being….just as our voice is a function of our being and a means  to communicate….

Hi Ted,
    Do you think that the Word was an animate part of the Eternal or inanimate part?  Do you worship the Father and the Son?

Greetings Kathi….. We are afforded the opportunity in prayer to come before the Eternal one (The Father)in the name of, or, because of the sacrafice Jesus made for all man kind…Jesus is the gift from the father that demonstrates his love and mercy for mankind…. When you go before the Father in Jesus' name…..my feeling is true worship and deference is present for the God head of which the son is part of, as he is seated at the right hand of the father…Jesus will be means by which this world will be saved and it will be the loving mercy of the father that will make that possible…They are both worthy to be praised…

I don't agree. There is Scriptures that say we should worship God Almighty only. Just put them all up in the new Poll “Who do youn worship…..That we go through Jesus is correct, but I do not worship in Song or otherwise to Jesus. All we hear is in today's Churches Oh, Jesus Oh, Jesus, and leave Almighty God out completely……We should always worship Almighty God and honor Jesus asd our King of Kings and Lord of lords. In the old Testament Almighty God LORD is always in capital letters signifying that Almighty God is greater then Jesus. And also by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

1Cr 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Deu 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

Peace Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 18 2010,00:39)

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 17 2010,23:50)

Ted,

Hi Ted,

I don't agree.  There is Scriptures that  say we should worship God Almighty only.  Just put them all up in the new Poll “Who do youn worship…..That we go through Jesus is correct, but I do not worship in Song or otherwise to Jesus.  All we hear is in today's Churches Oh, Jesus Oh, Jesus, and leave Almighty God out completely……We should always worship Almighty God and honor Jesus asd our King of Kings and Lord of lords.  In the old Testament Almighty God LORD is always in capital letters signifying that Almighty God is greater then Jesus.  And also by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:  

Peace Irene

Hi Irene…..It is good to hear from you and I hope all is well with yourself and Georg….say hello for me…Irene… worship and deference to the father is paramount in prayer…this is exemplified by the initial outline when Jesus taught us how to pray ….We address the heavenly father praising his name while anticipating the coming of his kingdom and at the same time asking him for our basic needs in conjunction with thanksgiving….The fact that the father intends to set his government up on this earth and we,… in prayer are gratefull for this is in effect….Although not verbatim we are thanking him for Jesus who will preside over this government…Let us not forget that Jesus is a member of the God head…being The Father,The son and the power that is the essense of both….

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,

Thanks for your info but still you provide no scripture to say that God will punish those who worship Jesus as His Son and no prophecies about it either. You do realize that you are not able to find even one.

You said:
    1Ki 11:6 So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD? he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done.

David wrote this about the Messiah who will receive all sorts of religious worship like bowing down, serving, gifts, etc.

Psalm 72

The Reign of the Righteous King.

A Psalm of Solomon.

1Give the king (A)Your judgments, O God,
    And (B)Your righteousness to the king's son.
    2May he Âjudge Your people with righteousness
    And [a](D)Your afflicted with justice.
    3Let the mountains bring (E)peace to the people,
    And the hills, in righteousness.
    4May he (F)vindicate the afflicted of the people,
    Save the children of the needy
    And crush the oppressor.
    5Let them fear You (G)while the sun endures,
    And as long as the moon, throughout all generations.
    6May he come down (H)like rain upon the mown grass,
    Like (I)showers that water the earth.
    7In his days may the (J)righteous flourish,
    And (K)abundance of peace till the moon is no more.
    8May he also rule (L)from sea to sea
    And from the River to the ends of the earth.
    9Let (M)the nomads of the desert (N)bow before him,
    And his enemies (O)lick the dust.
    10Let the kings of (P)Tarshish and of the (Q)islands bring presents;
    The kings of ÂSheba and (S)Seba (T)offer gifts.
    11And let all (U)kings bow down before him,
    All (V)nations serve him.
    12For he will (W)deliver the needy when he cries for help,
    The afflicted also, and him who has no helper.
    13He will have (X)compassion on the poor and needy,
    And the lives of the needy he will save.
    14He will (Y)rescue their life from oppression and violence,
    And their blood will be (Z)precious in his sight;
    15So may he live, and may the (AA)gold of Sheba be given to him;
    And let them pray for him continually;
    Let them bless him all day long.

16May there be abundance of grain in the earth on top of the mountains;
    Its fruit will wave like the cedars of (AB)Lebanon;
    And may those from the city flourish like (AC)vegetation of the earth.
    17May his (AD)name endure forever;
    May his name increase (AE)as long as the sun shines;
    And let men (AF)bless themselves by him;
    (AG)Let all nations call him blessed.
    18(AH)Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel,
    Who alone (AI)works wonders.
    19And blessed be His (AJ)glorious name forever;
    And may the whole (AK)earth be filled with His glory
    (AL)Amen, and Amen.
    20The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 17 2010,01:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 17 2010,15:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 16 2010,22:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 17 2010,14:15)
    Mike

what intense feelings Kathi has, not to want to obey Christ and God s words.

i is amazing it is an obsession,i wander what make her do that??

it is not the truth that s for sure, God can not go against is own words.

Pierre

I know Pierre.  And she thinks she is serving God and His Son BETTER by worshipping two as “God” – against many scriptures.  What was it that Jo just posted?

JO:

Nadab and Abihu offered incense, but God destroyed them: “Then Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before the LORD, which He had not commanded them. So fire went out from the LORD and devoured them, and they died before the LORD” (Leviticus 10:1,2).

Kathi, can you see how God reacts to people going against His commands – even if their intentions are good?  What about poor Uzzah, who died for trying to stabilize the ark?

Hey Pierre, I think I'm going to like this JO person. :)

peace and love,
    mike

I believe those who worship the Father and the Son will be reckoned to them as righteousness and having great faith.  You don't have this faith yet, that's all, most here don't…most in church do.

Pray that the Lord increases your faith to understand.

Kathi!  You got to be kidding me, most Churches do?  I don't think so.  Most Churches believe in  the trinity,.  That is  man a mad doctrine and not of God.  Just like the doctrine that mkost have i those Churches that sing and worship Jesus.  There are enough Scriptures that say not to do that.  Yet you find it right to do?  You have fallen prey to those Churches, unfortunately….Now you even think it is OK????No my friend it is not….And I don't care what any men will say.  I don't care what any fore Fathers did….Scriptures say not to…..That is what counts and not any man.

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.  

Take heed, and do not follow men, but God….

.Peace Irene

Irene,
    Read these slowly it will be a good exercise for you. Pay attention to Jesus commending people for their faith.

And here is a list of passages that show that Jesus is receiving the worship “proskuneo” of others:

Matt 2:1-2
    Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
    2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
    KJV

Matt 2:7-8
    7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
    8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
    KJV

Matt 2:11-12
    11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
    12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
    KJV

Matt 8:1-4
    When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
    2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
    3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
    4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
    KJV

Matt 9:18-35
    18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.19 And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.26 And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.30 And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.31 But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country.32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
    KJV

Matt 14:26-36
    26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
    27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
    28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
    29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
    32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
    33 Then the
    y that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
    34 And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret.
    35 And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;
    36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
    KJV

Matt 15:21-28
    21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
    22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
    23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
    24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
    26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
    27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
    28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
    KJV

Matt 20:20-28
    20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
    21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
    22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
    23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
    24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
    25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
    26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
    27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
    28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
    KJV

Matt 28:8-10
    8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
    9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
    10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
    KJV

Matt 28:16-20
    16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
    17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    KJV

Mark 5:1-20
    5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.
    KJV

Luke 24:44 – 53
    44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
    45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
    46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
    47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
    48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
    49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
    50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
    51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
    52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
    53 And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

John 9:30-39
    30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
    31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
    32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
    33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
    34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
    35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
    36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
    37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
    38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
    39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which
    see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
    KJV

Heb 1:6
    6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    KJV

THe point of this exercise was to demonstrate that the people were recognizing Jesus as coming from God and able to do the supernatural acts…they were seeing Him as a KING from heaven and not just another earthly king and they were responding in worship towards Him. He never told them that they were violating the first commandment, not once.

Jesus is to be worshiped WITH His Father, the only true God. They are together divine.

It is faith that will bring the response of worship to the Father and the Son, Irene, you can see that here.

I think you are seeing through anti-trinitarian vision and the anti-trinity position has become like an idol to you and that is maybe what keeps you from growing in your faith here. Ask the Lord to build your faith so that one day you will understand and bow down to Jesus as Lord and Saviour to the Glory of the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 17 2010,07:50)

Ted,

Hi Ted,

Hi Ted,
    Amen! I agree…big shout of joy!!

I have another question to ask…when do you think the Son was begotten? Was the Word begotten?

Thanks, I am enjoying your correspondence and I appreciate your polite manner.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 17 2010,07:14)
    ” Mighty God, Father of Eternity”

Seems to me it doesn't get much clearer than this. He is worthy of worship.

Yes Mark,
    He is worthy of worship…and He gives eternal life to as many as receive Him. PTL

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 17 2010,05:26)
    Also, much ado is being made on splitting words and interpretations on worship, weather bowing or homage or civil etc etc.   That was covered by God himself.  Exodus 20 v3 You shall not have other Gods besides me.You shall not carve idols………..V5 YOU SHALL NOT BOW DOWN BEFORE THEM OR WORSHIP THEM. FOR I THE LORD, YOUR GOD, AM A JELIOUS GOD    He doesn't separate bowing down from worship as far as his singular authority.

<>

New International Version (©1984)
    Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    He said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    And he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he worshiped Him.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    He said, “Lord, I do believe,” and worshiped him.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    The man bowed in front of Jesus and said, “I believe, Lord.”

King James Bible
    And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Bible in Basic English
    And he said, Lord, I have faith. And he gave him worship.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And he said: I believe, Lord. And falling down, he adored him.

Darby Bible Translation
    And he said, I believe, Lord: and he did him homage.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
    And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.

Weymouth New Testament
    “I believe, Sir,” he said. And he threw himself at His feet.

World English Bible
    He said, “Lord, I believe!” and he worshiped him.

Young's Literal Translation
    and he said, 'I believe, sir,' and bowed before him.

Ya'll can twist all you want. It sounds like the run around I get when I ask a baptist why they don't say the lord's prayer or ask a priest why they are called father. The reasons sound good, but they don't hold water. Peace- Mark

Very good post Mark!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 17 2010,05:00)
    Marty,

You posted a scripture where the angels worshiped Jesus. I don't believe I ever got your response to my question. Do you worship Jesus? Peace-Mark

Marty,
    I am curious to your response on this also.

Thanks!

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 18 2010,05:30)

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 17 2010,07:50)

Ted,

Hi Ted,

Hi Ted,
    Amen!  I agree…big shout of joy!!

I have another question to ask…when do you think the Son was begotten?  Was the Word begotten?

Thanks, I am enjoying your correspondence and I appreciate your polite manner.

Kathi….. It is my pleasure….The term begotten is a word that is somewhat ambiguous,however, as it applies to Jesus,I would have to say the personage of Jesus can be described as begotten at the time of the annunciation and the angels telling of mary that she is with child….As we examine John and his answer as to Jesus being the word of God and the scripture describing the word as God and a further clarification that the word became flesh and dwelt among us supports the argument that before Jesus was a person he was in fact the functioning word of God and was an intricate part of creation…

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Ted,
    Thanks, your position differs with mine on that and I suppose we can discuss that if you would like in a more appropriate thread like the one about when Jesus was begotten. The Nicene creed states that it was before the ages that He was begotten and there are scriptures that seem to support that. I do agree that pre-Jesus He was certainly functioning with God in creation. Would you care to discuss that over there?

OneDay
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 16 2010,19:46)
    Welcome Joanna.

Jesus told us to worship the Father.  It is who we have religious faith in as our Lord that should get our worship.  The Father is Lord, Jesus is Lord, not two from different essences but the same essence.  Let your faith lead you in how you respond and understand the idea of worship.

No one has to tell people to worship money…it is something within us that leads us towards who we are religiously devoted to, some are motivated by spiritual faith, some are motivated by flesh.

There are vast examples of the Messiah receiving worship and commending those followers for their 'faith in the NT,' the emphasis is not on commending those for their obedience when they bowed down to Him, it was for their faith.

There are also passages in the OT that illustrates worship or religious bowing down to the Messiah.  The Father and the Son are both of one and the same essence.  Jesus said that if you believe in the Father, believe also in Him.

I hope you enjoy it here.  Tell us about how you found Heaven Net.
    Blessings to you,
    Kathi/Lightenup/LU

HI !

You said……………………………..The Father is Lord, Jesus is Lord………………………………..Are you a oneness believer ?

Well Me –  I believe The Father is Almighty God (translated as LORD in the Holy Bible), while Jesus is the Son of Almighty God (translated as Lord in the Holy Bible)

Jesus the only begotten Son of God conceived of teh Holy Spirit,
    Jesus who came from Heaven,
    Jesus who revealed the Father,
    Then returned to the Father. And is to return again…………………..

Worship is for the Father Almighty God as Jesus said…..

Thanks……………………………….

~JO~

OneDay
    Participant

Thanks for welcome to the others here !

And God bless……………………….

~JO~

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (OneDay @ Nov. 17 2010,14:26)

Welcome Joanna.

Jesus told us to worship the Father.  It is who we have religious faith in as our Lord that should get our worship.  The Father is Lord, Jesus is Lord, not two from different essences but the same essence.  Let your faith lead you in how you respond and understand the idea of worship.

No one has to tell people to worship money…it is something within us that leads us towards who we are religiously devoted to, some are motivated by spiritual faith, some are motivated by flesh.

There are vast examples of the Messiah receiving worship and commending those followers for their 'faith in the NT,' the emphasis is not on commending those for their obedience when they bowed down to Him, it was for their faith.

There are also passages in the OT that illustrates worship or religious bowing down to the Messiah.  The Father and the Son are both of one and the same essence.  Jesus said that if you believe in the Father, believe also in Him.

Blessings to you,
    Kathi/Lightenup/LU

HI !

You said……………………………..The Father is Lord, Jesus is Lord………………………………..Are you a oneness believer ?

Well Me –  I believe The Father is Almighty God (translated as LORD in the Holy Bible), while Jesus is the Son of Almighty God (translated as Lord in the Holy Bible)

Thanks……………………………….

~JO~

Hi Jo,
    I am not a oneness believer.  I believe in the Father as the one true God and in His Son who is the one true begotten God as His Son from the Father and that they are together with the Holy Spirit, the God of Israel and all believers.  You might call it a Godhead. From what I can tell, this seems to be an early trinity but not the trinity of today.  I believe in the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed but I am wrestling with the Athanasian Creed.
    I worship the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and I believe that is the intent of the worship of the Father.  I believe it brings Him glory :)

What about you?  What do you think about the word that was God in John 1:1?

Look at the page before this and see the many verses that I posted to “Irene” about Jesus receiving 'worship.'

Blessings!

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 18 2010,06:03)
    Hi Ted,
    Thanks, your position differs with mine on that and I suppose we can discuss that if you would like in a more appropriate thread like the one about when Jesus was begotten.  The Nicene creed states that it was before the ages that He was begotten and there are scriptures that seem to support that.  I do agree that pre-Jesus He was certainly functioning with God in creation.  Would you care to discuss that over there?

Hi Kathi…. Iam not sure that the Nicene Creed is a credable point of reference, for one reason it is neither Biblical nor scriptual and it is one of many changes that resulted from the council of Nicea whose pupose was to dejudyize the christian faith,and it did so by changing the sabbath as well as Gods appointed holydays…Nicene Creed is part of the universal churchs answer to Jesus' teaching as to how we should pray…

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Ted,
    I find it scriptural. Do you want to go here and discuss when the Son was begotten?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin&#8230;.;st=350

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 18 2010,07:00)
    Hi Ted,
    I find it scriptural.  Do you want to go here and discuss when the Son was begotten?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin&#8230;.;st=350

kathi…..you have sent me to library….give me little time

Lightenup
    Participant

Ted,
    I found you at “eternally begotten” and we can discuss there when you return from the 'library' :) No hurry! I have to design a kitchen anyway…I have to go do that.

OneDay
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 18 2010,09:41)

Quote (OneDay @ Nov. 17 2010,14:26)

Welcome Joanna.

Blessings to you,
    Kathi/Lightenup/LU

HI!

Thanks……………………………….

~JO~

Hi Jo,
    I am not a oneness believer.  I believe in the Father as the one true God and in His Son who is the one true begotten God as His Son from the Father and that they are together with the Holy Spirit, the God of Israel and all believers.  You might call it a Godhead. From what I can tell, this seems to be an early trinity but not the trinity of today.  I believe in the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed but I am wrestling with the Athanasian Creed.
    I worship the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and I believe that is the intent of the worship of the Father.  I believe it brings Him glory :)

What about you?  What do you think about the word that was God in John 1:1?

Look at the page before this and see the many verses that I posted to “Irene” about Jesus receiving 'worship.'

Blessings!

Hi there!

You say………………………I believe in the Father as the one true God and in His Son who is the one true begotten God as His Son from the Father and that they are together with the Holy Spirit, the God of Israel and all believers. You might call it a Godhead. From what I can tell, this seems to be an early trinity but not the trinity of today. …………………………..

OK. Cool. What was different earlier in the Trinity ? I would like to now.

I have read the page before here as you said……..thanks !

I wonder when people say these things to me…….

How come Jesus prayed to his Father in Heaven……………………How come Jesus also told people to pray “OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN”………………….How come Jesus said to Worship ONLY GOD……….I mean were they just words he said or did he mean them ?

If He never meant it why say it ? Was there another meaning?………………..

Maybe people think that because he was in human its easier to relate to him as God…………… than it is to God Almighty………………….. because God Almighty is feared ?

Bowing in fearfull respect and AWE at Gods greatness is what I prefer to do as Jesus said to do…………….I go to God in prayer…………I seek Gods answers. I love God…….. I cry to God. As Jesus did.

Do you think theres anything wrong with this ? Just curious.

Thanks !

~JOANNA~

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account