Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

That's impressive writing David. Did you write this post yourself?

I don't believe you mean these words.

The truth is, I have no idea which of these words I wrote or changed. Most likely, it is a compolation of 10 or 15 articles. I know some of it came from Sammo or an earlier post by Sammo or Sammo's website (the different renderings in the middle of the post.) Also, the paragraph on the obsolete word worship, also Sammo's website.

Obviously you know I didn't write the vast majority of this post. But, I don't really care.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Do you worship a trinity god?
    How do you do this?
    One deity at a time?

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2007,07:12)
    Hi Tim2,
    Do you worship a trinity god?
    How do you do this?
    One deity at a time?

Nick,

You've already asked me this, and I answered you. I worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. There is only one God, one Deity.

You, however, claim to worship God through someone who is not God. So how many gods do you worship at a time?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    So do you say
    “dear trinity god…”?
    Is this what you all do in your fellowship?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    If you do not worship or pray to your god as a trinity then it is surely just a divisive conceptual and intellectual issue of little practical value.
    If that is the case then why not put it aside so we can work more productively on important issues.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I do pray to God as the Trinity. Often evangelicals today don't do this, but I would encourage them to do so. But my church sings, “God in three persons, blessed Trinity.” And we recite the Gloria Patra.

But Nick, do you pray to your God through someone else?

Tim

david
    Participant

the Gloria Patra.

just curious as to what this is?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 05 2007,10:54)

That's impressive writing David. Did you write this post yourself?

I don't believe you mean these words.

The truth is, I have no idea which of these words I wrote or changed.  Most likely, it is a compolation of 10 or 15 articles.  I know some of it came from Sammo or an earlier post by Sammo or Sammo's website (the different renderings in the middle of the post.)  Also, the paragraph on the obsolete word worship, also Sammo's website.

Obviously you know I didn't write the vast majority of this post.  But, I don't really care.

Why not give credit where credit is due? It's not hard to acknowledge your sources…

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 06 2007,09:04)

the Gloria Patra.

David,

Sorry, it's the “Gloria Patri”:

Glory be to the Father,
    And to the Son,
    And to the Holy Spirit.
    As it was in the beginning,
    Is now,
    And evermore shall be,
    World without end.
    Amen.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    It is one of the mystical magical catholic creedal incantations.
    It helps them feel more secure somehow.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 06 2007,20:12)

Quote (david @ April 06 2007,09:04)

the Gloria Patra.

David,

Sorry, it's the “Gloria Patri”:

Glory be to the Father,
    And to the Son,
    And to the Holy Spirit.
    As it was in the beginning,
    Is now,
    And evermore shall be,
    World without end.
    Amen.

Tim

Tim2, do you domunumnoskbisko too. And exsomespirit two two “O”. How about the rosery? Do you use prayer beads and say your penitence that “your father” told you? :D

kenrch
    Participant

Why is it 5 hail Mary's and only one our Father. BTW the Our Father isn't a prayer. It's instruction on how to pray.

Mat 6:7 And in praying use not vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Yep just what Jesus said not to do THEY DO! And yet even today when people read the bible they don't see.

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 06 2007,19:59)
    Hi Nick,

I do pray to God as the Trinity.  Often evangelicals today don't do this, but I would encourage them to do so.  But my church sings, “God in three persons, blessed Trinity.”  And we recite the Gloria Patra.

But Nick, do you pray to your God through someone else?

Tim

Hi Tim 2,
    Why does your fellowship use in prayer what is not written? Is there salvation for fellowships or for individuals?
    Are you been so immersed in the beauty of your mysticism that you have yet to hear the message that you must be born again?
    Does ritualistic chanting of man made prayers offer you an advantage over the hindus or the moslems or the buddhists?

Wake up.

The baptism of infants and the following of traditions is a useless and you must repent come to the Lord yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    True worshippers worship the Father in spirit and in truth.

Samuel
    Participant

GOD

Thats who you should worship.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The temple
    Rom12
    1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Worship
    Heb13
    15By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

16But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    In another thread colter said
    “On one occasion in the incarnate experience he's saying “why does thou call me good”, rebuffing worship as a man, yet on another occasion is allowing himself to be worshiped as allowable by his Father.”

All shall kneel to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
    Greater men are bowed to as a sign of respect and submission.
    But this has nothing to do with how we should worship our Father God.
    As Jesus taught.
    Jn4
    20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Hi All!

This post is a post that I made to GB some time ago.

I bring it up on this thread for gollamudi and GB

Yeshua says…
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship (proskuneo) him in spirit and in truth. Jn 4:24

The Greek word for “worship” is 'proskuneo' which means…

1) to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence

2) among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

How about these scriptures…

Matt 8:2
    And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped (Proskuneo) him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matt 9:18
    While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped (Proskuneo) him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matt 14:33
    Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped (Proskuneo) him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matt 15:25
    Then came she and worshipped (Proskuneo) him, saying, Lord, help me.

Matt 20:20
    Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping (Proskuneo) him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Matt 28:9
    And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped (Proskuneo) him.

Mk 5:6
    But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped (Proskuneo) him,

Lk 24:52
    And they worshipped (Proskuneo) him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Jn 9:38
    And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped (Proskuneo) him.

Notice all the “Worship” (Prokuneo) being given to Yeshua.

Yet not once can you find Yeshua saying “dont worship me worship God”.

The Amazing thing is, Yeshua even uses the same word “Proskeneo” in Jn 4 in telling us to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.

Now he could have used a different Greek word for honour or respect etc but he didnt.

Since some would say Proskuneo is used for honor or respect, then maybe they can give me a scripture that shows this word being directed toward any other being except Yeshua and the Father where it was not discouraged or is toward a false deity.

Check these out…

Jn 12:20
    And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship Proskuneo) at the feast:

Acts 8:27
    And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship (Proskuneo),

Acts 24:11
    Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem for to worship (Proskuneo).

So we see here examples of the Jews “worshipping” Proskueno God. The Word means “Worship”.

Paul uses the word…

1 Cor 14:25
    And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship (Proskuneo) God, and report that God is in you of a truth

Then the writer of Hebrews tells us…

Heb 1:6
    And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship (Proskuneo) him.

So we see here the Father says the Angels are to “Proskuneo” him.

Blessings!  :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..To kiss the hand of someone doesn't mean your worshiping then as a Deity.where did you Get that idea from. Many people fall down in reverence to there leaders and kiss their hand and bow, while it does implies respect where does it say it implies Deity.

It;s not the idea of reverencing a person, Its what your reverencing Him as, that counts. Where does it say these people who were reverencing Jesus were reverencing Him as a GOD or DEITY.

Why did Jesus Say to the person that said Good Master, Why call me God there is none good Except ONE and thats GOD. Why didn't He just say your right I am Good, Now worship me.

God the Father said You shall Have no other God's beside Me. You shall not fall down nor worship them. The people who worshiped Jesus was doing out of thankfulness they were not worshiping or giving Him reverence as a Deity or the almighty God.

wrong again WJ…:)

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen, my brother Gene.
    Wj is not understanding this simple truth even after having 35 years experience in spiritual life.
    Peace to you and all.
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account