Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

After three and half years with Christ himself in the flesh; by his side; they still suffered to believe that Christ was sent from God
    How much harder for us that walk only by trusting words
    And forces that come against us.
    That the final evidence remains Christ had to return to God for the power of the renewed holy ghost to come; that God himself shall remain all in all

Narrow way
    Jhn 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
    Jhn 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
    Jhn 16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    He blinds the sight from those who claim to see with their natural mind and lets them be convinced of an illusion. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.

It would be better for them never to have seen what they think they see because men prefer to rely on what they “see” and can understand, rather than what is whispered by the evanescent wind.

If your eyes offend them cast them out spiritually=repent of their lies. To “see” what is not true can lead men to follow myths and false visions and spirits of deception. We need to be transformed by renewal and to gain the mind of Christ.

We have nothing to offer God but submission. He owes us nothing and we own nothing that is not His.

Understanding does not lead to faith but follows it in obedience. Wisdom is justified by her children.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2007,21:28)
    Hi charity,
    He blinds the sight from those who claim to see with their natural mind and lets them be convinced of an illusion. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.

It would be better for them never to have seen what they think they see because men prefer to rely on what they “see” and can understand, rather than what is whispered by the evanescent wind.

If your eyes offend them cast them out spiritually=repent of their lies. To “see” what is not true can lead men to follow myths and false visions and spirits of deception. We need to be transformed by renewal and to gain the mind of Christ.

We have nothing to offer God but submission. He owes us nothing and we own nothing that is not His.

Understanding does not lead to faith but follows it in obedience. Wisdom is justified by her children.

Hi Nick

Comfort all that mourn

Mat 18:10 ¶ Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Isa 51:3 For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
    Isa 51:19 These two [things] are come unto thee; who shall be sorry for thee? desolation, and destruction, and the famine, and the sword: by whom shall I comfort thee?

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
    Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
    Isa 61:4 ¶ And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
    Isa 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien [shall be] your plowmen and your vinedressers.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
    1Cr 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men [to] edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
    2Cr 1:3 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Weep not for me but for yourselves and your children as his mission was not for sympathy's sake but that men might be saved through him and find joy… but through mourning.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2007,21:45)
    Hi charity,
    Weep not for me but for yourselves and your children as his mission was not for sympathy's sake but that men might be saved through him and find joy… but through mourning.

1Pe 5:13 The [church that is] at Babylon, elected together with [you], saluteth you; and [so doth] Marcus my son.

Selah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The way to something is through nothing.

WorshippingJesus

I have heard your words

You may say anything against Christ our lord and saviour, and be forgiven
    But Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable
    Denying the power of God to perform his will, and denying that Christ walked in the flesh is the spirit of the antichrist

To be born again of good seed not a bad seed

Behold God created Christ
    Isa 54:16  “Behold, I have created” the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Behold the creation worshiped more than the creator
    Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Vessel sent to subdue all things
    Phl 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

It seems it is no longer a matter of deaf ears to gain hearing but beyond?

Christ worships God
    Hbr 10:5 ¶ Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, *but a body hast thou prepared me:
    Hbr 10:6  In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
    Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    The word of God, in volume of a book at Gods service
    Hbr 10:7  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Amen

charity

Charity

Wow my sister are you saying I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and God?

Please tell me you dont make that judgment.

Tell you what. Just show me “one” post where in your opinion I have done such a thing.

:)  Blessings

Have you seated yourself above us?

Charity

My sister, why all the defensiveness?

I am simply making a statement concerning the promise of God to me and to every child of God.

Is not the weapons of our warfare mighty to the pulling down of strongholds.

The enemy of our souls is at work ever seeking whom he may devour.

I am not your enemy, for I am a fellow believer of our Lord and Saviour Jesus. :)

Blessings

david
    Participant

We have to look at the word “God” in the way it is used in the Bible and not look at man made definitions.
    Part of the problem is, when we look at definitions of the word “god” today, they tend to look at the english meaning of the word today, as being the one and only supreme ….etc.
    When you do this, LOOK AT MAN MADE DEFINITIONS OF THIS WORD, you will most likely come to the wrong conclusions.

In the Bible, we see that Israelite human judges were called gods, (“mighty ones, strong ones”) and that angels were called gods (“mighty ones, strong ones”)

These were not false gods, were they? NOPE. NOPE!
    NOOOOO!

They were “mighty ones.” No question.

I HAVE A QUESTION, completely hypothetical: If everyone was a god, would anyone be a god, or a “mighty one”? No. One is mighty, only in reference to another.
    The angels were mighty ones compared to humans. The judges are mighty compared to other israelites. (The false gods, the idols are false in that they are not really mighty at all, they're powerless).
    So, with reference to Jehovah, is anyone else mighty? Is anyone his God? We know that Jehovah is the God of Jesus. This is stated several times. Yet, no one is mighty compared to the Almighty Jehovah. He is a “mighty one” compared to everyone else on a completely different level: He is Almighty, without limit in might.
    Hence, he can fittingly and rightly be called the only true God.

We have to look at the word “God” in the way it is used in the Bible and not look at man made definitions.
    Part of the problem is, when we look at definitions of the word “god” today, they tend to look at the english meaning of the word today, as being the one and only supreme ….etc.
    When you do this, LOOK AT MAN MADE DEFINITIONS OF THIS WORD, you will most likely come to the wrong conclusions.

In the Bible, we see that Israelite human judges were called gods, (“mighty ones, strong ones”) and that angels were called gods (“mighty ones, strong ones”)

These were not false gods, were they?  NOPE.  NOPE!
    NOOOOO!

They were “mighty ones.”  No question.  

I HAVE A QUESTION, completely hypothetical:  If everyone was a god, would anyone be a god, or a “mighty one”?  No.  One is mighty, only in reference to another.
    The angels were mighty ones compared to humans.  The judges are mighty compared to other israelites.  (The false gods, the idols are false in that they are not really mighty at all, they're powerless).
    So, with reference to Jehovah, is anyone else mighty?  Is anyone his God?  We know that Jehovah is the God of Jesus.  This is stated several times.    Yet, no one is mighty compared to the Almighty Jehovah.  He is a “mighty one” compared to everyone else on a completely different level: He is Almighty, without limit in might.

David

Again.

You say…

Again.
    If the major translations thought it should be something else other than what it says in english the would have put it there.

Why didnt they Inject “Son” instead of “God”?

Why didnt they Inject “divine” instead of God?

Why didnt the inject “thought, or divine vision or plan”?

And why did Jesus mention three?

Its because these solid sciptures found in most all ancient text could not be interpreted honostly in any other way.

They are not ambiguous!

You say…

I HAVE A QUESTION, completely hypothetical:  If everyone was a god, would anyone be a god, or a “mighty one”?  No.  One is mighty, only in reference to another.
    The angels were mighty ones compared to humans.  The judges are mighty compared to other israelites.  (The false gods, the idols are false in that they are not really mighty at all, they're powerless).
    So, with reference to Jehovah, is anyone else mighty?  Is anyone his God?  We know that Jehovah is the God of Jesus.  This is stated several times.    Yet, no one is mighty compared to the Almighty Jehovah.  He is a “mighty one” compared to everyone else on a completely different level: He is Almighty, without limit in might.

To us there is “ONE God”.

Deut 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

This is scriptural. You may call Angels, or giants, or kings or pharohs or a stone image a God if you want.

But to the believer there is ONE God.

So take your pick.

Is Jesus A GOD, or is he the True GOD?

Or is he a God at all? ???
    :)

Blessings

david
    Participant

Again.
    If the major translations thought it should be something else other than what it says in english the would have put it there.

When I said something like: “Some translationed consider this verse [Rev 1:11] to be spurious” your trinitarian accomplice Is 1:18 pointed out that I was committing a fallacy of 'appealing to authority.'

Anyway, your main error in thinking is simply not knowing that words aren't always translated precisely.
    As well, words change in meaning. Look at the old english words in the KJ, some of them, which now mean the exact opposite of what they meant when they were translated.
    It's better to look at the Hebrew word, and what that word means, than what the English word means that the translators chose.

Many times, other people mentioned “three.” Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are listed together far more often than the three you speak of. The fact that they are listed together so few times is almost a proof against those three being a triune God.

You may call Angels, or giants, or kings or pharohs or a stone image a God if you want.

Not me. The Bible calls them that. Because that word fit them. Moses was called a god, in relation to Pharoah. Remember? We can't ingnore these uses of that word, for it helps us to understand the meaning of that word and how it CAN SOMETIMES BE USED.

You are CONFUSED.
    This scripture says there is one LORD. God's name was originally in this place. Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. It doesn't even say “one God” in this scripture.

david

When I said something like: “Some translationed consider this verse [Rev 1:11] to be spurious” your trinitarian accomplice Is 1:18 pointed out that I was committing a fallacy of 'appealing to authority.'

Anyway, your main error in thinking is simply not knowing that words aren't always translated precisely.
    As well, words change in meaning. Look at the old english words in the KJ, some of them, which now mean the exact opposite of what they meant when they were translated.
    It's better to look at the Hebrew word, and what that word means, than what the English word means that the translators chose.

Many times, other people mentioned “three.” Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are listed together far more often than the three you speak of. The fact that they are listed together so few times is almost a proof against those three being a triune God.

You may call Angels, or giants, or kings or pharohs or a stone image a God if you want.

Not me. The Bible calls them that. Because that word fit them. Moses was called a god, in relation to Pharoah. Remember? We can't ingnore these uses of that word, for it helps us to understand the meaning of that word and how it CAN SOMETIMES BE USED.

You are CONFUSED.
    This scripture says there is one LORD. God's name was originally in this place. Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. It doesn't even say “one God” in this scripture.

David

Have a niced day! :)

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

David, we don't work with hypothesis and confusion: only Biblical facts.

The Bible fact is that both Jesus and The Holy Spirit are both Jehovah (God).

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Jesus is Jehovah

Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah) , make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John the Baptist speaking

John 1:23  He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord (Jesus), as said the prophet Esaias.

John the Baptist knew the scriptures that Jesus was God (Jehovah).

The Pharasees knew that the Son of God was God.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

david
    Participant

David, we don't work with hypothesis and confusion: only Biblical facts.

The Bible fact is that both Jesus and The Holy Spirit are both Jehovah (God).

I assure you, that you don't know what the word “fact” means.

charity
    Participant

david you say

AND THE OTHER PART IS…

If we consider this when the mind doesn’t line up and doesn’t consider what it is saying…..strong delusions..
    So if our foundation base =we believe Christ to be “The Lord God Almighty” himself
    We would assume then that we are also to become Gods with Christ because we to are to be glorified with christ. as joint-heris usee

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

So I ask Have we exalted ourselves above all that is now?

david you say

AND THE OTHER PART IS…

If we consider this when the mind doesn’t line up and doesn’t consider what it is saying…..strong delusions..
    So if our foundation base =we believe Christ to be “The Lord God Almighty” himself
    We would assume then that we are also to become Gods with Christ because we to are to be glorified with christ. as joint-heris usee

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

So I ask Have we exalted ourselves above all that is now?

————–

Charity

Where is the scriptural basis that you have for saying that to be one with Christ is the same unity that Jesus the Only Begotten Son has with the Father.

There is only ONE with the Father who will recieve the same Glory and Honour of the Father.

Phil 2
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If you look close at these scriptures you will see only One In this throne with the Father.

Rev 5:
    9: And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    10: And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    11: And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    12: Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    13: And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    14: And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Blessings
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Confusion is not a basis for building on.
    Truth is.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Build on that .

Hi W,
    Truth is.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Build on that .

My foundation is on all of the scriptures. You should not reject or ignore scriptures NH. :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    No matter how old your foundation is claimed to be the building must be built on the only cornerstone provided by God.
    “You are the Christ, the son of the living God”

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 22 2007,17:54)
    Hi W,
    Truth is.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Build on that .

Its not how much you know
    its truly the condition of the heart
    then shall all be added
    when start and obey the first command
    love defeats all

blessed Nick

charity

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account