Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    Casey S Smith 29
    Participant

Ok…I have concluded that the discussions on this site are futile. All of you think what you think and no one is budging or even considering the other's position. What I find funny is that people like Isaiah and myself are willing to lay aside our doctrinal bias in attempts in really comprehending why the “other” believes the way that they do.

Even so, the “others” are sort of narrow minded and unwilling to lay aside their preconceived ideologies and speak the same rhetoric time and again. It is the same defense over and over and over and over and over.

Then you have JW's in here that will cut and paste until their scissors are rusted and their glue has dried. All they do is parrott their master Watchtower.

You can find the same hooplah and arguments on any theology site you go to. Go to a Mormon site and they will do what they have been told and trained to do.

I admire ones like Isaiah and Nick. I may not agree with Nick but he does not adhere to any mans's theological premise. Isaiah and I agree on probably everything…

Well, maybe I will have something to say later. However I think that I am finished here.

Casey S Smith 29
    Participant

PS: Thanks to all who have been praying for the requests posted on the JW thread!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 06 2006,18:22)

Otherwise, going by the ambiguity shown in the other translations of Rev 5.14, my answer would be that it is the same type of worship as shown in Rev 5.13 and
    (1 Chr 29:20)  And David said to all the congregation, Now bless YAHWEH your God. And all the congregation blessed YAHWEH God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped YAHWEH, and the king.

AP

Did any under the law or prophets standing in the presence of an earthly king fall down as dead?

Rev 1:8-18
    8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, ***the Almighty***.
    [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    [10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
    [12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    [14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    [15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    [16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    [17] And when I saw him, ***I fell at his feet as dead***. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

To compare the worship of YHWH and the earthly kings under the Old Covenant to the worship of the Father and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lamb who sits on the throne under the new Covenant is ambiguous to say the least.
    ???

Hi W,
    We are not searching for ambiguities that might support a premise that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God but God Himself. There are two separate beings that work together, shown on earth and in heaven. One is God and the other is His beloved son.

Hi W,
    We are not searching for ambiguities that might support a premise that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God but God Himself. There are two separate beings that work together, shown on earth and in heaven. One is God and the other is His beloved son.

Hi NH

So since you are joining the conversation also. Who is it thats being worshiped on the throne!

Revelation 5:11-14
    11Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”13And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.” 14And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen ” And the elders fell down and worshiped.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    This is an open forum and all can participate at any time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God
    and
    The Lamb of God.
    Will you be enthroned there with him?

Col 3
    ” 1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”

NH

I dont think I will be sharing his deity, do you????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    If you are not in him yet you should be.

Hi W,

So you are in the Father and you share his deity????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Phil 2
    “9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.”

God is at work in the sons of God to will and to do and they, with all of creation, bow the knee to their God-appointed lord and saviour Jesus Christ “

There is for us only one deity, the Father and God of Jesus.

Rabbit trails!

Rather than answer the questions, lets just run down another trail! :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Are you in the vine?
    If so there is little point in wasting further energy
    continuing your valiant efforts to try and prove the vine
    is the Gardener.

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 06 2006,18:22)

Otherwise, going by the ambiguity shown in the other translations of Rev 5.14, my answer would be that it is the same type of worship as shown in Rev 5.13 and
    (1 Chr 29:20)  And David said to all the congregation, Now bless YAHWEH your God. And all the congregation blessed YAHWEH God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped YAHWEH, and the king.

AP

Did any under the law or prophets standing in the presence of an earthly king fall down as dead?

Rev 1:8-18
    8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, ***the Almighty***.
    [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    [10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
    [12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    [14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    [15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    [16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    [17] And when I saw him, ***I fell at his feet as dead***. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

To compare the worship of YHWH and the earthly kings under the Old Covenant to the worship of the Father and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lamb who sits on the throne under the new Covenant is ambiguous to say the least.
    ???

For what it's worth, you could compare

• (Ruth 2:10)  Then she fell on her face, and bowed [SHACHAH] herself to the ground, …
    • (1 Sam 20:41)  And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed [SHACHAH] himself three times: …
    • (1 Sam 25:23-24)  And when Abigail saw David, she hasted, and lighted off the ass, and fell before David on her face, and bowed [SHACHAH] herself to the ground, 24 And fell at his feet, …
    • (2 Sam 9:6)  Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence [SHACHAH]. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!
    • (2 Sam 14:4)  And when the woman of Tekoah spake to the king, she fell on her face to the ground, and did obeisance [SHACHAH], and said, Help, O king.
    • (2 Sam 14:22)  And Joab fell to the ground on his face, and bowed [SHACHAH] himself, and thanked the king:
    • (2 Sam 18:28)  And Ahimaaz called, and said unto the king, All is well. And he fell down [SHACHAH] to the earth upon his face before the king, …
    • (Remember, [SHACHAH] could equally be translated worshipped

Oh BTW, Rev 1.8 is talking about Almighty GOD, the Father; NOT Jesus His Son.
    Don't be fooled by red lettering!

John's greeting in Rev 1.4-7 is an extended form of the salutations found in 1 Cor 1.3, 2 Cor 1.2, Gal 1.3, Eph 1.2, Phil 1.2, Col 1.2, 1 Th 1.1, 1 Tim 1.2, 2 Tim 1.2, etc

Rev 1.4 – Grace be unto you from God the Father & the 7 spirits which are before God's throne
    v5-7 – And from Jesus Christ
    Verses 5 to 7 are about Jesus Christ. The salutation is then ended with an Amen.

Verse 8 is YAHWEH GOD Almighty speaking
    Not Jesus!

Trinitarians added red lettering which has fooled many people.

However, even some Gk. Mss. have saith the Lord God in v.8; again verifying it is the Father speaking, not Christ.

Lastly, Jesus the Messiah, is GOD's appointed Earthly King of the New Covenant
    So you better take the comparison seriously

Just as GOD made an heathen king, 'king of kings' [Dan 2.37, Ezek 26.7]

How much more will GOD make His righteous, sinless Son,
    King of Kings over the entire world, when He sends Jesus back from Heaven [Acts 3.21] to reign on the earth [Rev 5.10], upon the throne of David in Jerusalem. [Luke 1.32-33, Isa 9.7]
    It is then that Christ will be enthroned i.e. at his Coming, not before! [Matt 25.31, 19.28] Thus, in the Regeneration, not before!

And indeed, every knee shall bow, every tongue will confess, that Jesus the Messiah is Lord, to the glory of GOD the Father who is the Messiah's GOD and Father!
    [Phil 2.9-11]

There is absolutely no ambiguity.

ONE GOD, THE FATHER
    ONE Lord, The One MAN whom the ONE GOD has appointed 'Lord of All'

[Acts 2.36, 10.36, 1 Cor. 8.6]

Oh BTW, the Son is not yet sitting on the throne.
    I have explained that already
    See page 3 of 'Dual Nature of Christ'
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….8;st=20

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Casey S Smith 29 @ Dec. 06 2006,23:28)
    Ok…I have concluded that the discussions on this site are futile. All of you think what you think and no one is budging or even considering the other's position. What I find funny is that people like Isaiah and myself are willing to lay aside our doctrinal bias in attempts in really comprehending why the “other” believes the way that they do.

Oh, Casey?

Even so, the “others” are sort of narrow minded and unwilling to lay aside their preconceived ideologies and speak the same rhetoric time and again. It is the same defense over and over and over and over and over.

I am not suggesting that redundancy = truth, but I am saying truth is unchanging in its cumulative facts, so by nature, must be redundant (1+1=2 over and over and over again…).

I thank God that out of the mouths of babes God has ordained strength and that these things have been revealed to even us so that we, together with his Son, can worship the Living God in truth and in spirit.

I hope you stick around.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 07 2006,04:58)

Hi W,

So you are in the Father and you share his deity????

Hi W,

From the Living God, through Christ, essentially, Yes.  Especially, if you hold that Jesus is God! Again, after all, how can the head be a different species from the body? Or the groom from the bride?  Or the chief corner stone from the living stones…. yeah I know….
    But these are the facts, my friend.  

Mar 12:10   And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:  
    Mar 12:11   This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?  

Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

1Jo 3:1   Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  
    1Jo 3:2   Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  
    1Jo 3:3   And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 06 2006,22:46)

NH

I dont think I will be sharing his deity, do you????

Hi W,
    Where is Jesus called a deity in scripture?
    He is called a God but surely a god is only a deity if it is worshiped.
    There is a god of this world and most people unknowingly worship him but not all.He is a deity to only some.

Eph 2
    “1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:”

Scripture does say Deity is IN Christ but he is a vessel like to us and of course the contents of his vessel, is not his vessel.

Col 2.9
    ” 9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, '

Hi AP

Thanks for responding!:)

You say…

For what it's worth, you could compare

I have. But no sir, I don’t see anyone here falling down as one dead!

The Glory of the latter house is greater than the former.

Old and New Covenants. Earthly King. Heavenly king.

You say….

Oh BTW, Rev 1.8 is talking about Almighty GOD, the Father; NOT Jesus His Son.
    Don't be fooled by red lettering!
    John's greeting in Rev 1.4-7 is an extended form of the salutations found in 1 Cor 1.3, 2 Cor 1.2, Gal 1.3, Eph 1.2, Phil 1.2, Col 1.2, 1 Th 1.1, 1 Tim 1.2, 2 Tim 1.2, etc

Rev 1.4 – Grace be unto you from God the Father & the 7 spirits which are before God's throne
    v5-7 – And from Jesus Christ …
    Verses 5 to 7 are about Jesus Christ. The salutation is then ended with an Amen.

Verse 8 is YAHWEH GOD Almighty speaking
    Not Jesus!

Trinitarians added red lettering which has fooled many people.

However, even some Gk. Mss. have saith the Lord God in v.8; again verifying it is the Father speaking, not Christ.

I think if you do some close study my friend you will see that ***Alpha and Omega*** is the Lord Jesus.

Compare…

Rev. 1:8
    ***I am Alpha and Omega***, the ***beginning and the ending***, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 1:
    10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    11 Saying, I am ***Alpha and Omega***, ***the first and the last***: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
    12 And I turned to ***see the voice that spake with me***. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto ***the Son of man***, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    17 And when I saw him, ***I fell at his feet as dead***. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; ***I am the first and the last***:
    18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death

Rev 21:
    5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am ***Alpha and Omega***, the ***beginning and the end***. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

BTW who gives the water of life? Jn 4 “Woman at the well.”

Rev. 22:
    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    13 I am ***Alpha and Omega***, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

I could have went into the greek to show how these scriptures compare but figured you probably know them.

Unlike your opinion of me who looks at the red letters of the KJV.

This kind of condescension I guess is your style.

You say…

King of Kings over the entire world, when He sends Jesus back from Heaven [Acts 3.21] to reign on the earth [Rev 5.10], upon the throne of David in Jerusalem. [Luke 1.32-33, Isa 9.7]
    It is then that Christ will be enthroned i.e. at his Coming, not before! [Matt 25.31, 19.28] Thus, in the Regeneration, not before!

And indeed, every knee shall bow, every tongue will confess, that Jesus the Messiah is Lord, to the glory of GOD the Father who is the Messiah's GOD and Father!
    [Phil 2.9-11]

ONE GOD, THE FATHER

I’m not sure what Bible you are reading, but the scriptures plainly show that while Christ has not come to establish his kingdom here on this earth yet and that all things are not yet put under him Heb 2:8,9, Nevertheless he is at this moment the King of Glory, the resurrected Lord of Glory and is on the Right Hand of God.

Rev 3: KJV
    21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, ***and am set down with my Father in his throne***.
    22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev. 3: LYT
    He who is overcoming — I will give to him to sit with me in my throne, as I also did overcome ***and did sit down with my Father in His throne***. 3:22 He who is having an ear — let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.'

Rev. 3: ESV
    “‘The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered***and sat down with my Father on his throne***. “‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

Jesus said his Kingdom was not of this world.

Jn 18:36
    Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

In that Kingdom there is a King and that King is Jesus. Who has been given all power and authority.

Who can claim he has a Kingdom unless he is the King of that Kingdom.

Matt 12:28
    But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Matt 28:18
    And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

He conquered death and was given the keys of hell and death an is now seated at the right hand of the Father.

The Kingdom is at hand and the Kingdom of God can be grasped. The Kindom of God is within us.

Ehp. 1
    20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own ***right hand*** in the heavenly places,
    21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
    22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
    23 Which is
    his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

He is exalted far above **ALL** not only in this world but in that which is to come.

Hes at the Fathers Right Hand, a metaphor of the highest position there is with the Father.

Exod 15:6
    Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Isa 62:8
    The LORD hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength….

Hes not above the Father, nor is he below the Father, But he is at the Right Hand of God.

Heb 8
    Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 10:12
    But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb 12:2
    Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Acts 7:56
    And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Here’s one for the trinity haters.

Acts 7:54 YLT
    And hearing these things, they were cut to the hearts, and did gnash the teeth at him; 7:55 and being full of the Holy Spirit, having looked stedfastly to the heaven, he saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 7:56 and he said, `Lo, I see the heavens having been opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God.'7:57 And they, having cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and did rush with one accord upon him, 7:58 and having cast him forth outside of the city, they were stoning [him] — and the witnesses did put down their garments at the feet of a young man called Saul — 7:59 and they were stoning Stephen, calling and saying, `***Lord Jesus, receive my spirit***;' 7:60 and having bowed the knees, he cried with a loud voice, `Lord, may you not lay to them this sin;' and this having said, he fell asleep.

Imagine that, Stephen praying to Jesus to receive his Spirit. Who could accept that prayer but the Creator God?

The King of Kings surely has come and he rules in his Kingdom.

Zechariah 9:9
    Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.”

Luke 19:
    37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
    38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
    39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
    40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
    41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,

And he shall return in the Glory of his Father with the Holy Angels to subdue the earth, and establish his Kingdom here on the earth through the Sons of God.

Rev 11:15
    And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

You Say….

[Phil 2.9-11]

ONE GOD, THE FATHER

First of all the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink. Its not a natural Kingdom.

Jesus is not gonna appear as a natural man like he was when he walked this earth.

He is in a glorified body and will appear in all of the Glory of the Father and the Holy angels.

The kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our God and of his anointed.

Jesus will rule with a rod of iron.

And yes every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

Some will cry for the rocks to fall on them. For fear of him who sits on the throne.

You say…

Sorry my friend. But Jesus is already King sitting in the throne with his Father!

Rev 3: KJV
    21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, ***and am set down with my Father in his throne***.
    22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And when he shall return…

Rev 11:15
    And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say about the Son of God
    “Nevertheless he is at this moment the King of Glory, the resurrected Lord of Glory and is on the Right Hand of God.”
    I agree.
    So where did this idea of trinity come from?

david
    Participant

First, some of the ones on here instead of discussing scripture, find it so much easier to dismiss something someone says based on who they are. To me, this only seems to indicate that they really don't have any position to stand on. Why not show why you are right rather than name call? Saying that my belief about worship is wrong because of who I am rather than attempting to explain why is false reasoning.

Proskyneo and it's Hebrew equivalent have a number of meanings.
    It is not just the NWT that translate these words in different ways.
    We KNOW they have more than one meaning.

If anyone questions this, I'll need something more than people saying: “You're wrong because you're a JW.” That only tells me you don't know how to reason or think correctly. At least give me something to discuss.

david

Hi W,
    You say about the Son of God
    “Nevertheless he is at this moment the King of Glory, the resurrected Lord of Glory and is on the Right Hand of God.”
    I agree.
    So where did this idea of trinity come from?

NH

Why dont you show some intellegence here?

You have never heard anyone here that holds a trinitarian view deny the Son!

So why do you keep throwning that up!

Rather than just making blanket statements like that and critize a post, why dont you invest a little time of yours studying and putting together a response  of your own that may make some sence? Rather than echoing the same thing over and over.

I put a lot of hard time studying the word and praying about answers only to post my sincere opinions for you to just copy and paste a few scriptures critisizing what you dont understand.

Obviously you dont understand a trinitarians perspective. By the unintellegent statements you make in response. If you are going to critisize me of denying the Son then go back over the million words I have spoken on this forum and show me where I have.

If you want to have honest debate, fine. But I dont have time to chase your rabbit trails when all you do is echo the same thing that you have recieved from men over and over again. :(

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account