Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,121 through 4,140 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Keep it simple.

What is written is all you need to know

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Do think the body of Jesus he is in is still tattered and torn-for eternity?

Even though flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Implied teachings are written though they do prove the faith of those who either believe them or do not.

I am sticking to what is written which is why I use the word “think” and then point out there is more than one possibility.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Implications are implications.

They are personal and not written

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is not written that Jesus’ resurrected body is tattered and torn though he had prints of the nails on his wrists.

It is written that the body that arises is not the one that is planted and yet you disagree.
    It is written that if Jesus was not resurrected as an example of the final resurrection then we are deceived.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Implications are traps for the careless.

When the people cried out that

GOD HAS VISITED HIS PEOPLE

some might see this as a strong implication that Jesus is God.

Of course comparison with the verse that says

GOD WAS IN CHRIST RECONCILING THE WORLD TO HIMSELF

gives the true meaning and invalidates the personal and incorrect assumption.

Faith is the way and not presumption.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Implications are implications.

They are personal and not written

They are no more personal than math as long as both are done righteously. Jesus derived implications from Scripture. The resurrection of the dead is a teaching derived from implication of the OT.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

When the people cried out that

GOD HAS VISITED HIS PEOPLE

some might see this as a strong implication that Jesus is God.

Of course comparison with the verse that says

GOD WAS IN CHRIST RECONCILING THE WORLD TO HIMSELF

gives the true meaning and invalidates the personal and incorrect assumption.

Nice application of reason!

I know the Jews strict monotheism and so I see it as an absurdity to think they would call a human being God. Even with all evidence to the contrary some people make up stories that sound better to them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

If you introduce you personal bias into interpretation is that wise?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I quoted 1Ths 5:23 exactly as written, word for word, and the word “whole” is written there i add nothing, why do you continually deny the truth? Fact is you are introducing your personal bases into scriptures and then “accuse” others of doing exactly what you do. You need TO REMOVE THE beam in your OWN EYE before trying to correct others , IMO.

Another point NICK, IF YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT JESUS WAS TRULY TALKING ABOUT, when he said flesh and blood can’t “inherit” (not enter in, as you supose), the kingdom of GOD. HE WAS SHOWING THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD WAS SPRITUALLY percieve and attained, it HAD NOTHING to do with preventing a flesh and blood person from going into the kingdom of GOD, SCRIPTURE SHOWS MANY FLESH AND BLOOD PEOPLE WILL BE IN IT.

HERE IS SO ETHING ELSE FORYOU TO THINK ABOUT, THE REASON JESUS’ SAME BODY WAS RAISED WAS BECAUSE HE NEVER SINNED AND SO HISBODY NEVER PARASHED OR SAW CORRUPTION IN THE GRAVE. IT WOULD NOT BE JUST FOR GOD TO ALLOW HIS BODY TO CORRUPT IN THE GRAVE, because he never sinned, his same body was perserved and he still has it to this day and will return with it also. GOD THE FATHER IS JUST IN ALL THINGS. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

If you introduce you personal bias into interpretation is that wise?

You have to be biased by the Spirit to interpret a passage correctly.

I avoid bias in general.

For example a literal translation is either “prints in the hands” or “imprints in the hands” for the words of Thomas.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You avoid bias?

How can you know of your own bias?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Self-honesty which is a fruit of the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

where is Davidl it seems he threw a snake among you guys and run ,let it be killed by one of you ,

strange behaviour from a so called born again

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca…..GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK, HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL WITH YOU BROTHER.

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

“HERE IS SO ETHING ELSE FORYOU TO THINK ABOUT, THE REASON JESUS’ SAME BODY WAS RAISED WAS BECAUSE HE NEVER SINNED AND SO HISBODY NEVER PARASHED OR SAW CORRUPTION IN THE GRAVE. IT WOULD NOT BE JUST FOR GOD TO ALLOW HIS BODY TO CORRUPT IN THE GRAVE, because he never sinned, his same body was perserved and he still has it to this day and will return with it also. GOD THE FATHER IS JUST IN ALL THINGS. IMO”

You think it is a prize for being sinless to be raised in a damaged old body??

I would like the new one thanks

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is a changed body and yet you keep claiming it is not even though you lack evidence.

Where is it written that the body that rises up as Jesus’ rose will be a damaged old body.

He arose with marks on his body but those marks served a purpose.

Do you think when Jesus healed a wound that even a print of that wound remained?

Andrew AD
    Participant

Self-honesty is a fruit of the spirit? good to know since maybe I’m acquiring that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

If you think Jesus is God then you may as well join with the catholics and say blasphemously that Mary is the mother of God.

Or perhaps you should retrace your steps a bit.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAd,

I hope so because it is saidly lack in humans in general and those that claim to serve God specifically.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,121 through 4,140 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account