Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,101 through 4,120 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The flesh contributes nothing.

It is a nice way of speaking of the occupants.

Sin in the flesh

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..THE BODY LIVES BY THE SPIRIT, IF GOD WERE TO EXTRACT THE SPIRIT FROM A MAN HE WOULD INSTANTELY DIE. IT IS THE SPIRIT INTELLECT WORKING IN THE CELLS THAT CAUSES US TO EXIST AND LIVE. WHILE FLESH ITSELF MAY NOT PROOFIT ANYTHING IT CERTAINLY DOES PROVIDE A HOME FOR THE SPIRITS OF MAN AND A TEMPLE FOR GOD, JUST AS IT SAYS, “KNOW YOU NOT, THAT YOUR BODY IS A “TEMPLE” OF THE LIVING GOD”. I WOULD NOT SELL ITS VALUE TO SHORT, BEING THAT A BODY IS WHAT THE RESURECTIONIS ALL ABOUT. Why because when a man dies , his spirit does not die, but goes back to him that gave it, therefore the only thing that is resurected is the body, not the spirit. IMO

ROM 8:23……”THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.”

1Cor 6:13-20

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

What is the SPIRIT INTELLECT?

The decomposed body is resurrected?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

A soul is a spirit but not all spirits are souls. Don’t let words confuse you.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

A soul is not a spirit.

1 thess 5.23

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Gene has as his foundation the teachings of men.

He does not believe in 1 Thess 5.23

He adds to scripture.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

A soul is a spirit as it is like the wind and so is not physical in nature. That is why Scripture says the disciples thought Jesus was a phantasm in one verse and a spirit in another verse when it means a soul without a body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The HOLY SPIRIT is as the Wind.

Where is this said about the SOUL?

Yes sometimes a soul is called a spirit but it is not one.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Does it have a physical nature?

The Holy Spirit is a spirit but it is not a soul.

Human beings have a spirit that is not a soul.

The breath is called spirit but it is not a soul nor do I think it is the human spirit.

At death the soul descends to Hades and breath ascends to God while the body rests in its burial place. I think the spirit stays with the soul as Samuel revealed fruit even after his death.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Flesh is of earth,

The living soul is of the breath of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I think it is instead the result of the breath of God mixing with the body of a human.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Really?

The body has no future so is the mixing not permanent?

Life is in the blood

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Samuel was a prophet.

Like Jesus alive forever in the Spirit of Christ.

God is the God of the LIVING-those who are of the LIVING SPIRIT

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am not sure what you mean by the body is not permanent as God created Adam and found him a very good creation. Do you believe his creation of humanity was flawed?

I am not sure that the soul first begins when the breath of God means the flesh of man but the only other sound and valid possibility is that the soul is preexistence and I am reluctant to embrace that idea.

Samuel spoke from the Spirit even when dead but did not bear its fruit as the new covenant was not effect yet. His fruit was of the Law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Are you not awaiting a new body?

1cor 15

If God says he breathed into the dust and man became a living soul why would you not believe Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Samuel was ALIVE in the Spirit.

All prophets have the Spirit of Christ. 1peter 1

He was woken from his sleep.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….1 Ths 5:23…….And the very GOD of peace santify you “WHOLLY”; and I pray God your “WHOLE” spirit “AND” soul “AND BODY” BE “PRESERVED” BLAMELESS unto the comming of the lord Jesus Christ.

Now what was he praying for to be “PRESERVED” DID NOT PAUL INCLUDE THE “BODY”? BUT YOU PREACH THE BODY IS NOT NEEDED. The way i read it is the “WHOLE” person is ALL INCLUSIVE OF ALL THING PAUL MENTIONED THERE, BUT YOU AND KERWIN LIMINATE THE BODY FROM WHAT PAUL SAID.

AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO ACCUSE ME. I AM NOT THE ONE SEPERATING THE BODY FROM THE SPIRIT AND SOUL, THAT IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING NOT ME. But again you do love to falsely accuse, don’t you? You can’t even understand that it is the “physicall” body the needs a resurection not a spirit because the spirit remains alive and has no need of a resurection. THE RESURECTION IS FOR A PHYSICAL BODY, EXACLTY LIKE JESUS’ WAS.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….1 Ths 5:23…….And the very GOD of peace santify you “WHOLLY”; and I pray God your “WHOLE” spirit “AND” soul “AND BODY” BE “PRESERVED” BLAMELESS unto the comming of the lord Jesus Christ.

Now what was he praying for to be “PRESERVED” DID NOT PAUL INCLUDE THE “BODY”? BUT YOU PREACH THE BODY IS NOT NEEDED. The way i read it is the “WHOLE” person is ALL INCLUSIVE OF ALL THING PAUL MENTIONED THERE, BUT YOU AND KERWIN LIMINATE THE BODY FROM WHAT PAUL SAID.

AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO ACCUSE ME. I AM NOT THE ONE SEPERATING THE BODY FROM THE SPIRIT AND SOUL, THAT IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING NOT ME. But again you do love to falsely accuse, don’t you? You can’t even understand that it is the “physicall” body the needs a resurection not a spirit because the spirit remains alive and has no need of a resurection. THE RESURECTION IS FOR A PHYSICAL BODY, EXACLTY LIKE JESUS’ WAS.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You added WHOLE?

The body is in the plan for your future but it is a new one not the old house.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

If God says he breathed into the dust and man became a living soul why would you not believe Him?

I do but I am not certain if there was a non-living soul or no soul before man became a living soul.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,101 through 4,120 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account