What does Jeremiah 18:1,5 teach us?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

1 “The Word” which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
    5 Then “The Word” of the LORD came to me, saying,

Are we to believe this is Jesus coming to Jeremiah?

1 “The Word” which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
    2 Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
    3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
    4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter:
    so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
    5 Then “The Word” of the LORD came to me, saying,
    6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD.
    Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
    7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
    8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
    9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
    10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
    (Jer 18:1-10)

If Jesus is “The Word”, then Jesus came to Jeremiah?

Ed J
    Participant

What does Jeremiah 18:1,5 teach us?

Jesus cannot be “The Word”

The same thing Hebrews 11:3 teaches us

Ed J
    Participant

“Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them (the Prophets)
    did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ,
    and the glory that should follow.” (1 Peter 1:11)

Hi Everyone,

Here we have a verse that says: “the Spirit of Christ was in the Prophets”

Jesus cannot be “The Word” that came to Jeremiah,
    because “the Spirit of Christ” was already in the prophets.

Jer. 18:1 “The Word” which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
    Jeremiah 18:5 Then “The Word” of the LORD came to me, saying,

So how do “they” (the Jesus is the word crowd) reconcile this?
    He entered them when he came to them as “The Word”?
    he then leaves and then comes back periodically?

There view doesn’t make a lick of sense, but I would
    be interested in hearing how they defend their error.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…….good question. How do they defend their errors?

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……did you notice,  No one seems to be able to address your question, why is that?

Because it helps prove that Jesus himself is not the word, of God himself. That is c a major blow to those who want us to believe Jesus is indeed himself the words of God. It completely destroys their false teachings about that, so the simply do not respond to it.

I’m glad you understand that, whish others did also.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Edj……did you notice, No one seems to be able to address your question, why is that?

Hi Gene, here’s the pattern I see. Questions must be asked multiple times to get any answer:

1 First the question is ignored
    2 Next they give you a story while still ignoring the question.
    3 Then they answer a different question, one that they make up, and pretend that they answered your question.
    4.Then they answer partly, but still ignore the part that you really want them to address.

Conclusion:

They work really really hard to protect what they call truth. But you know what?
    Truth doesn’t need protection. Truth simply is. All truth needs is to be told.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….That’s exactly right, and thats why I “quote” the same scriptures over and over, always trying to bring them back to the same specific scriptures,  for them to deal with the exact truth mentioned in those scriptures, and I noticed after a while they simply stop responding rather then accepting and dealing with those scriptures.  It goes to show how deeply ingrained in their minds are those false teachings they have allowed to control their thinking over so many years . The truth will alway stand up and agree with all “true” scriptures, in the old and new Testements. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Edj….That’s exactly right, and thats why I “quote” the same scriptures over and over, always trying to bring them back to the same specific scriptures, for them to deal with the exact truth mentioned in those scriptures, and I noticed after a while they simply stop responding rather then accepting and dealing with those scriptures

Hi Gene,

Yes, that is right Gene. They continue to ignore
    this thread as well, as it exposes their error!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..”AMEN” to that brother.  The basic fundimental knowledge above all knowledge is to understand ,  there is “Only” “ONE” true GOD, and it is not Jesus,  that’s the “starting point”, you simply can’t move on to any other truth,  unless you clearly understand that.  That is why I keep trying over and over to get them to see and understand that simple but clear point. To me it is a clear indication of those who have the truth of God and those who have not the truth of God in them.  

carmel
    Participant

Hi Edj,

YOU: Jesus cannot be “The Word” that came to Jeremiah,

Edj,

Answer:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN:

“THE WORD” Jesus, THE SON OF MAN and

JESUS CHRIST?

Now to give you some help READ:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know most certainly that God

hath made both Lord and Christ,

this same Jesus,(the son of man)

whom you have crucified.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..Yes lord, (adoni, a human ruler) “not”  LORD (adonai Almighty God) as you portray him as.  Big difference between the Jesus you preach, and  the Jesus of the scriptures.

Nowhere in scripture has Jesus ever said “he was himself” the word of GOD, but he did say this “the words I am telling you are “NOT” “my” words,  but the words of him who sent me”,  isn’t that interesting, you say one thing Jesus says another, who are we to believe you or Jesus? , can’t be both.

Carmel, Forcing our scriptures to say what they in fact do not say,  is a sin.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Edj,

YOU: Jesus cannot be “The Word” that came to Jeremiah,

Edj,

Answer:

JESUS CHRIST?

Hi Carmel, What exactly are you saying?

That “The Spirit of Christ” was in the Jeremiah *AND*
    Jesus came to Jeremiah with God’s message, *THEN*
    the two merged when Jesus was conceived in Mary?

Your doctrine gets stranger and stranger the more light exposes it!
    “But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light:
    for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.” (Ephesians 5:13)

carmel
    Participant

Hi, Edj,

YOU:Hi Carmel, What exactly are you saying?

ME: As far as I know, I never said anything  but

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!

Please

Answer:

JESUS CHRIST?

Now to give you some help READ:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know most certainly

that God

hath made both Lord and Christ,

this same Jesus,(the son of man)

whom you have crucified.

Also, GOD Edj,  BY “THE WORD” can MULTIPLY, and BILOCATE  His presence as much as  

HE CREATED AND CREATES CREATURES SINCE

ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM, and ALL FOR HIM. and 

HE IS IN ALL and SUSTAINS ALL!

Edj, DO YOU ACCEPT THE PURE TRUTH

THAT “THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, SPIRIT, eternal life 

IS IN YOU? 

Or else you won’t exist?

DID EVER “THE WORD” COME TO YOU? ANSWER.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him: If anyone love me, he will keep (IN HIS HEART)  MY WORD. (SINGULAR WITH A PERSONAL PRONOUN, A REFERENCE TO HIS SPIRIT IN ALL CREATURES AS ETERNAL LIFE)  And my Father will love him and we will come to him and will make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not MY WORDS. (PLURAL WITH A PERSONAL PRONOUN, A REFERENCE TO HIS GOSPEL)

And THE WORD (SINGULAR WITH THE ARTICLE, A REFERENCE TO THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER) which you have heard is not

MINE.

but the Father’s(SPIRIT)  who sent me.

Now, hereunder you have another scripture attributed to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1: 4 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying:

5Before I formed thee in the bowels of thy mother, I KNEW YOU: and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I SANCTIFY YOU, and made thee A PROPHET unto the nations.

6And I said: Ah, ah, ah, Lord God: behold, I cannot speak, for I am a child.

7And the Lord said to me: Say not: I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee: and whatsoever I shall command thee, thou shalt speak.

8Be not afraid at their presence: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

9And the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth: and the Lord said to me: Behold I have given MY WORDS in thy mouth:

10 Lo, I have set thee this day over the nations, and over kingdoms,

to root up, and to pull down, and to waste, and to destroy, and to build, and to plant.

11And THE WORD of the Lord came to me, saying: What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said: I see a rod watching. 12And the Lord said to me:

Thou hast seen well:

for I will watch over MY WORD to perform it.

Read the above scripture and tell me whether you can see

“THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man or NOT 

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……we can say the same thing about Jeramiah,  he also spoke the words of God, as well as all the prophets of old,  which includes MOSES,,  just as the book of Hebrews says,  “God” spoke to us.

Heb 1:1-2…..God , who at sundry times and in divers manners “SPOKE” IN time past unto the Fathers by , (Greek “en” meaning in and through)  the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by (Greek , en, meaning in and through)   a Son,  whom he also has appointed heir of all things , by (Greek, dia, meaning for the perpose of)  whom he made the world. 

EDJ….. Did you notice that the words translated “by” carried different meanings in the Greek?  That is what trips up all these false teachers, here,  causing them to think that it was Jesus who created everything, as they try to move and replace the “only true God, and his word, with  the flesh  man Jesus, a fellow human being, our brother and comming king, who is,  not our God, nor any God. 

Becareful you have come to see something very important about the “word” espically that Jesus himself is not the word of God himself. GOD THE FATHER AND HIS WORD ARE ONE AND THE SAME THING, no matter who he send to speak them , a prophet or a angel or a son , they are still the Fathers words, “not”,  the one he sends to speak them.  In fact Moses clearly say Jesus would be a prophet, exactly like him. that God,  would raise up from among his brethren.  You have been given the truth EDJ, “KEEP” IT. 

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

(1)“THE WORD” Jesus, (2)THE SON OF MAN and

(3)JESUS CHRIST?

Hi Carmel,

1) “The Word” is not Jesus,
    “The Word” is God’s “HolySpirit”

For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    “The Word” of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.” (Heb 7:28)

God’s “HolySpirt” (The Word) conceived Jesus in his mother Mary’s womb as per the oath

2) THE SON OF MAN is Jesus Christ

3) Jesus Christ is THE SON OF MAN

Ed J
    Participant

Edj, DO YOU ACCEPT THE PURE TRUTH
    THAT “THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, SPIRIT, eternal life
    IS IN YOU?

Carmel,

“The Word” is the “Spirit of God” This thread
    (and two other threads I recently started)
    teach you Jesus is not “The Word”.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and WE will come unto him,
    and make OUR abode with him. (John 14:23)

We/Our
    1. The Spirit of God
    2. The Spirit of Christ

Ed J
    Participant

“THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man or NOT

Carmel,

You saying it over and over don’t make it somehow become true.

Jesus *IS* the Son of Man.
    Jesus *IS NOT* “The Word”.

Ed J
    Participant

And THE WORD which you have heard is not MINE but the Father’s(SPIRIT) who sent me.

This part you got right.

THE WORD is the Father’s(SPIRIT) who sent me

Ed J
    Participant

GOD THE FATHER AND HIS WORD ARE ONE AND THE SAME THING, no matter who he send to speak them , a prophet or a angel or a son , they are still the Fathers words, “not”, the one he sends to speak them.

“The LORD JEHOVAH” AND HIS “HolySpirit” ARE ONE AND THE SAME
    In the beginning “The Word” was with God, and was God.
    Now “The Word” is with us!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……Right, it (the word) is with all those who have the Spirit of God the Father “in” them. God is Spirit and can live “in” us all, the same way he was “in” Jesus by the anointing Spirit he recieved after his baptizim at the Jordan river. I am glad you have come to see that GOD the Father and his word are one and the same thing,  which is Spirit and can indwell  all and thereby be in all and through all.  One GOD , One Spirit, in all and through ALL, even Jesus our elder brother , our soon comming king. 

Jesus said over and over that GOD the Father was “in” him, and even said this,  ….“the son of man can do “nothing” of himself, the Father who is “in” him, “he” does the works”. How clear that is,  to those who know the truth. 

This is how we who have the Spirit of truth,  are all one, through,  the Spirit (word of God) in us , we are one with God the Father, Jesus our brother and eachother, all by that one Spirit. All those who have it “are now” childern of God the living Father , exactly as Jesus is also,  Good insite Edj.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account