Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 672 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

True Nick.  But notice the ages of the men when they had their first children.  For example, Noah was 500 years old when he has his first.  And each of his three kids were over 100 years old and childless when they entered the ark.

Read the first page or two of this thread, Nick.  There are many other concerns that I address.  One of them is why Cain found a wife in the land of Nod. If his wife was one of his sisters, why was she already living there of her own volition if being banished to that place seemed such a hard punishment to him? Who were “the others” living away from God that Cain was afraid of? And WHY did they CHOOSE to live away from God in the land of Nod?

There are other such concerns addressed in the early pages of this thread – if you're interested.

Spock
    Participant

Nice thread.

People who live outside the bubble of the Hebrews creation story know that the earth is quite old, 4.5 billion years+ and that God created life by the process of evolution.

Colter

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colkter,
    Yes the weak human 'observers and measurers' try to impose their deducted ideas on truth.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,07:54)
    Hi Colkter,
    Yes the weak human 'observers and measurers' try to impose their deducted ideas on truth.

Micah denounced “the rulers who judge for reward and the priests who teach for hire and the prophets who divine for money.” He taught of a day of freedom from superstition and priestcraft, saying: “But every man shall sit under his own vine, and no one shall make him afraid, for all people will live, each one according to his understanding of God.”

Colter

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Indeed God will teach all His people.
    But their knowledge will be uniform and aligning with what is written.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,09:47)
    Hi Colter,
    Indeed God will teach all His people.
    But their knowledge will be uniform and aligning with what is written.

Book worship has marooned you hopelessly in the past. Jesus liberated men from the shackles of authoritarian religious cults.

Colter

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ April 15 2012,14:47)
    Nice thread.

People who live outside the bubble of the Hebrews creation story know that the earth is quite old, 4.5 billion years+ and that God created life by the process of evolution.

Colter

I don't doubt any scripture, Colter.  I think maybe there was a human-like species that existed along with the animals before God created a species of man with more intelligence and a conscience, etc.

I think Adam existed among “cavemen” who lived by instinct like the animals, without a language and knowledge of their Creator perhaps, and having a very low intelligence level.

Perhaps there was a name for this species that was different than the Hebrew “adam”, and that's why Adam was the first “adam”.  I believe that perhaps God decided to create a being slightly lower (less intelligent and powerful) than the angels, but slightly higher than the other existing humanoid species, which were called something other than “adam”.

Of course this is pure speculation.  

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 16 2012,14:47)
    Nice thread.

Colter

colter

they do not know witch way but they have picked the way that put the end to Gods way ,

jammin
    Participant

Genesis 2
    1THUS THE heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3And God blessed (spoke good of) the seventh day, set it apart as His own, and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all His work which He had created and done.

4This is the history of the heavens and of the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens–

5When no plant of the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not [yet] caused it to rain upon the earth and THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND

6But there went up a mist (fog, vapor) from the land and watered the whole surface of the ground–

7Then the Lord God formed man from the [a]dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being.

WHO WAS THE MAN WHO BECAME A LIVING BEING IN GEN 2:7????

1 Corinthians 15:45

Amplified Bible (AMP)

45Thus it is written, The first man Adam became a living being

CASE CLOSED!

david
    Participant

I'm bumping this thread for myself

david
    Participant

WHAT other brothers? That's my point. And also, why in the world would they already be living in the land of Nod by their own choice if being banished to that place seemed such an unbearable punishment for Cain?

Mike, interesting thread.

Wasn't it just at it was dangerous for Cain to go there because it would quickly be spread what he did and so this meant others might attack him because of it. Maybe Abel was well liked and Cain was not and Cain killing Abel would mean retribution by others, so it would be dangerous.

Is this not what it says? He would be a wanderer and a fugitive (a loner) because no one would accept him any more.

david
    Participant

Mike

Ge 4:12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth. ”
    Ge 4:13 Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is more than I can bear.
    Ge 4:14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”
    Ge 4:15 But the LORD said to him, “Not so;if anyone kills Cain , he will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
    Ge 4:16 So Cain went out from the LORD'S presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

the fact that he when to the land of Nod was not a punishment ,the punishment was to become a WANDERER IN A WAY A BEDOUIN LIVING IN TENTS will not be able to settle in a fix place and live of the land this was the curse.

Yes. Is is the way I saw it. I think the word nod means fugitiveness or something like that.

david
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 24 2011,13:10)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,19:22)
    and who says that the land of Nod was occupied ? Nod means WANDERING LAND

it would seem that it was a land to pass trough not to stay and live in ,

Yes, “Nod” means “Wandering”.  So why were the other sons and daughters of Adam out WANDERING around, hidden from the presence of their God?

Hi mike.

Perhaps if you pointed to the scripture you are using to assert that others existed before, that would be good.

david
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 25 2011,10:20)
    Maybe it was named that after cain was sent out.  Maybe it was named that because Cain wandered about in that area.  This wasn't written a second after it happened.  It was written much much later.  Maybe, by that time, it was well known as the land of Nod (wandering) because of past history.

I see I've been here before.

This is an excellent point I made. 🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

I don't profess to be an expert in this subject and have never worked out the logistics of how this could have worked. I guess it is possible that there were men before Adam, but that Adam was the first son. Who knows, the Universe is an old place and there have been many ages. And who were these sons of God that came to the woman of men and produced the Nephilim.

That aside, there is the idea that Adam and Eve had children and then their children had children who also may have had children before this act took place.

Does it actually say that Cain and Abel were the first sons?

david
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 25 2011,10:52)
    Perhaps David.

But maybe you and Pierre could help me out with this point:

Cain was banished to the land of Nod, hidden away from the presence of Jehovah.  It was, in Cain's eyes, a punishment almost too much to bear.

So apparently, the favored children of Adam and Eve would not have been living in that place, right?  They would have stayed close to their parents, so as NOT to be hidden from the presence of God, right?

So when Cain says that the OTHERS in the land of Nod will kill him, who are these “OTHERS”?  

Why would any of the possibly hundreds of children of Adam and Eve already be living away from the presence of God – out wandering around in the land of Nod?  Cain apparently found a wife there, right?  Where did SHE come from?  Was she one of Adam and Eve's daughters who just willingly moved to a place that was “hidden from the presence of God”?  Why?  Why would anyone else be out there wandering?

mike

Most bible say”anyone” finding me, or “who ever” finds me, will kill me.

Imagine a village with lots of people. There is protection and friendship. If you are cast out to wander in the desert, and he said: “anyone finding me will kill me,” it doesn't mean there are “others” living in the desert and that this desert is some kind of punishment. The punishment is being a wanderer without the protection and accommodations of his relatives. Anyone else who wanders out into the hostile territory upon finding him, might kill him. Who knows? A person might think: Abel was a great man and my good friend. I'm going to go into the desert and find vain and kill him.

So, the “others” (or, “anyone”) doesn't even have to be people living in this land of fugitiveness (nod) that you believe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 06 2013,12:07)
    Hi mike.

Perhaps if you pointed to the scripture you are using to assert that others existed before, that would be good

I think this one is what is used to hint or prove that point.

Genesis 1:28
    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

This is pretty much the same thing that God said to Noah.

Genesis 9:1
    And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

We can understand that God would tell Noah to REplenish or REpopulate the Earth, but why the same command to Adam?

I haven't had time to look up the word “Replenish” in Hebrew.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 06 2013,09:15)
    I don't profess to be an expert in this subject and have never worked out the logistics of how this could have worked. I guess it is possible that there were men before Adam, but that Adam was the first son. Who knows, the Universe is an old place and there have been many ages. And who were these sons of God that came to the woman of men and produced the Nephilim.

That aside, there is the idea that Adam and Eve had children and then their children had children who also may have had children before this act took place.

Does it actually say that Cain and Abel were the first sons?

Doesn't it seem odd if we say that people existed before Adam, and God just didn't mention it?–as if to say God created man and many men existed and then he created Adam. It feels odd not mentioning the others.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good point david.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 26 2011,12:45)
    I heard a teaching based on the scripture where God told man to replenish the Earth. The point being that to replenish something indicated that it had already been plenished (is there a such word?) beforehand.

T8, you have mentioned the “replenish” thing before. Someone should really look that up.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 672 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account