Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 672 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

I have pondered this hard and long.  I have been scoffed at and reminded that Adam is said to be the first man ever, and that Eve is the mother of all living.

But it never set well with me that when Cain was banished, he was afraid that “others” would kill him; and so God put a sign on him so the “others” wouldn't bother him.

WHO WERE THESE “OTHERS”?  

And from where did Cain obtain a wife after being banished?  

People are quick to point out that not every child of Adam and Eve were mentioned by name, so they may have had hundreds of children by the time Cain murdered Abel.  But WHY were these already willingly living in the land of Nod, since it seemed such a bad punishment for Cain to be sent to that place?  

And how does that add up to Eve saying this in 4:25:  “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

That seems to be an odd statement if the couple already had hundreds of unmentioned children.

And I've wondered why the story of man's creation is told once in Genesis 1, and then again, mentioning Adam and Eve, in Genesis 2.

I've always thought in my own mind that these “men” created on the sixth day were more like the cavemen of old.  And Adam represented the first man in which God placed His own Spirit.

Any comments?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

the way I see it ;

first Adam is the first man ,because he as given a name to all living things he could see,Eve is the mother of all living human,

one question ;who is the first child of Adam ? who is the second one ? and how many children Eve has given to Adam ?

how many daughters did Adam and Eve ad at the time of Cain ? how old was Adam when God kick them out of the garden ?

could they not have a child every year ? (in spring :D )

when was a female gender ready for bearing a child ? 14/15/16/17/18/years? Ge 5:4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

this verse shows that or could be understood that Adam only ad children after Seth and prior Abel and Cain,

but it can be understood also that Adam lived 800 years after Seth but that he ad many other sons and daughters,and I think this is the right way of understanding it .

Cain was aware that what he did to his brother could be done to him as a vengeance act from his other brothers,
    I always have question the why God made arrangement's to save his live ?

records of the creation of Adam is done ones as part of the overall creation in six days the second account seems to me more specific
    in details to how it happen and why it turn out not to be like God wanted to be ,but that men ad chosen the way they wanted in their free will.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 21 2011,20:38)

After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

this verse shows that or could be understood that Adam only ad children after Seth and prior Abel and Cain,

Yes, the Hebrew CLEARLY says “AFTER Seth” they had many more sons and daughters.

Cain was aware that what he did to his brother could be done to him as a vengeance act from his other brothers,

WHAT other brothers?  That's my point.  :)  And also, why in the world would they already be living in the land of Nod by their own choice if being banished to that place seemed such an unbearable punishment for Cain?

I always have question the why God made arrangement's to save his live ?

Yeah.  Apparently God had not yet implemented His “eye for an eye” standard at this time.  Or perhaps He did, but there wasn't yet a brother of Abel to be his avenger.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

who is the first child of Adam ?

Cain

who is the second one ?

Abel

and how many children Eve has given to Adam ?

I don't know.

how many daughters did Adam and Eve ad at the time of Cain ?

Cain outlived Adam, so by the time Cain died, Adam and Eve had many daughters.

how old was Adam when God kick them out of the garden ?

I don't know.

could they not have a child every year ?

I suppose so.  But no others are mentioned until AFTER Seth.  

What do you think about Eve saying that God gave her Seth to replace Abel?  Wouldn't she have already had many children, any of whom could replace Abel?

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Adam was 130 years old when Eve give birth to Seth

how long did Adam and Eve stayed in Eden ? of that 130 Years ? how old was Cain and his brother Abel when he killed Abel ?

also this expression; he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
    would this mean that his other son where apes ? NO so their must have been about Seth that they others did not have,

one more question ,scriptures hardly speaks about women nor is there a genealogy of their offspring and not all men are recorded only those who play a certain interest ,

so in the case of Adam he could have had at the leased 20 daughters in between the sons even it could be that the first children where of the female gender,

I understand it is speculation but not impossible,and would explain the wive of Cain,

any way this is my two penny's

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,18:45)

so in the case of Adam he could have had at the leased 20 daughters in between the sons even it could be that the first children where of the female gender,

I understand it is speculation but not impossible,and would explain the wive of Cain,

I can go along with that.  But WHY were they already WILLINGLY living in the land of Nod if that place seemed so bad to Cain?

I think I overpaid!   :D  :laugh:  :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 24 2011,18:58)

I can go along with that.  But WHY were they already WILLINGLY living in the land of Nod if that place seemed so bad to Cain?

I think I overpaid!   :D  :laugh:  :D

Mike

Ge 4:12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth. ”
    Ge 4:13 Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is more than I can bear.
    Ge 4:14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”
    Ge 4:15 But the LORD said to him, “Not so;if anyone kills Cain , he will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
    Ge 4:16 So Cain went out from the LORD'S presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

the fact that he when to the land of Nod was not a punishment ,the punishment was to become a WANDERER IN A WAY A BEDOUIN LIVING IN TENTS will not be able to settle in a fix place and live of the land this was the curse.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

I suppose so. But no others are mentioned until AFTER Seth.

What do you think about Eve saying that God gave her Seth to replace Abel? Wouldn't she have already had many children, any of whom could replace Abel?

but no one count girls for some reasons ,and also take in account that the men could take more than one female gender and have them all pregnant at will,

and who says that the land of Nod was occupied ? Nod means WANDERING LAND

it would seem that it was a land to pass trough not to stay and live in ,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,19:22)

Yes, “Nod” means “Wandering”. So why were the other sons and daughters of Adam out WANDERING around, hidden from the presence of their God?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 24 2011,20:10)

Yes, “Nod” means “Wandering”.  So why were the other sons and daughters of Adam out WANDERING around, hidden from the presence of their God?

Mike

GE 2:19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
    GE 2:20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

there was no one else living as man before Adam,

and the land called Nod would be a name Adam would have given to that area,

the Nod appears only ones in the NIV and it is located at the east of the garden of Eden ,it does not say how many miles from where Adam and Eve where then living .

but space was all that everyone in that time had right ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 24 2011,20:10)

Yes, “Nod” means “Wandering”.  So why were the other sons and daughters of Adam out WANDERING around, hidden from the presence of their God?

Mike

I have the feeling i missed something ,what other sons ?

Pierre

david
    Participant

Maybe it was named that after cain was sent out. Maybe it was named that because Cain wandered about in that area. This wasn't written a second after it happened. It was written much much later. Maybe, by that time, it was well known as the land of Nod (wandering) because of past history.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Perhaps David.

But maybe you and Pierre could help me out with this point:

Cain was banished to the land of Nod, hidden away from the presence of Jehovah.  It was, in Cain's eyes, a punishment almost too much to bear.

So apparently, the favored children of Adam and Eve would not have been living in that place, right?  They would have stayed close to their parents, so as NOT to be hidden from the presence of God, right?

So when Cain says that the OTHERS in the land of Nod will kill him, who are these “OTHERS”?  

Why would any of the possibly hundreds of children of Adam and Eve already be living away from the presence of God – out wandering around in the land of Nod?  Cain apparently found a wife there, right?  Where did SHE come from?  Was she one of Adam and Eve's daughters who just willingly moved to a place that was “hidden from the presence of God”?  Why?  Why would anyone else be out there wandering?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 25 2011,17:52)
    Perhaps David.

But maybe you and Pierre could help me out with this point:

Cain was banished to the land of Nod, hidden away from the presence of Jehovah.  It was, in Cain's eyes, a punishment almost too much to bear.

So apparently, the favored children of Adam and Eve would not have been living in that place, right?  They would have stayed close to their parents, so as NOT to be hidden from the presence of God, right?

So when Cain says that the OTHERS in the land of Nod will kill him, who are these “OTHERS”?  

Why would any of the possibly hundreds of children of Adam and Eve already be living away from the presence of God – out wandering around in the land of Nod?  Cain apparently found a wife there, right?  Where did SHE come from?  Was she one of Adam and Eve's daughters who just willingly moved to a place that was “hidden from the presence of God”?  Why?  Why would anyone else be out there wandering?

mike

Mike

I can not find scriptures that says that there is someone living in the land of NOD

could you show me were it is ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

I believe that seeing the face of God means only living in the land where the right condition are prevailing less than in the garden but better than Nod and so because of Cain action he could not remain with the others and God separate the two groups forming two line of offspring ,one based on (Seth) and one based on murder,Cain, one in favor of God one cursed,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Pierre,

So what “murderer” became Cain's wife? He apparently found her in the land of Nod, right? And the “others” he was afraid of were also apparently already living in the land of Nod before he was banished to there, right? You know, the ones God let know not to mess with Cain because of the sign God put on him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 25 2011,18:15)
    Okay Pierre,

So what “murderer” became Cain's wife?  He apparently found her in the land of Nod, right?  And the “others” he was afraid of were also apparently already living in the land of Nod before he was banished to there, right?  You know, the ones God let know not to mess with Cain because of the sign God put on him.

Mike

who says that he did not ad his wive prior to all he did ?

and just as to follow him in the land of NOD

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Perhaps Pierre.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Ge 4:14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Cain to me seems to talk in the future ,it does not mean that there are people living in the land of NOD

and as I believe Mike women ad nothing to say ,and reproduction was the reason to become powerful more hands ,right ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

WHO exactly would have found Cain and killed him as he was wandering on the earth, out of the presence of Jehovah?

Which of Adam's offspring were already out there in the land of Nod, wandering away from the presence of Jehovah?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 672 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account