Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 672 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 24 2011,02:12)
    the others could mean the wild beast in that are ,but I do not think it is other men

I suppose it could refer to wild beasts. But I don't suppose that is what was meant. How can a wild beast suffer vengeance seven times over?

And Lamech surely wasn't talking about beasts when he said he would be avenged 77 times.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 25 2011,02:47)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 24 2011,00:58)
    So cain must have taken one or more sisters to the land of nod.

That doesn't explain why Cain was afraid of the “others” in the land of Nod who would kill him.  Why would he be afraid of the very sisters he was taking with him?

Nor does it seem right that Cain was allowed to take sisters along with him to HIS banishment.

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 24 2011,00:58)
    And abel also before he was murdered, must have wifes and children.Dont forget that they must have lived at least 100yrs before cain murdered him.

Adam was 130 years old when he begot his first son.  Methuselah was 187 when he had his first.  Noah, at the age of 500 years old, had only three sons.  And although those three sons were 100 years old at the time of the flood, they had no children of their own yet.

Hi Mike,

Like I said They must have lived at least 100 yrs when cain murdered abel, and by that time there must have been children and grand childrens children born. the earth must have been populated in that area.

Gen 5:4.Adam was 800yrs old when he begat Seth.
    So he must had many many children in the 800yrs.
    We can not always use our human logic.
    Sample of God opening up the sea for his people to cross,does not make sense to our logic.

Wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

Did you not read my post? What about Noah? How many children did he have by age 500? Only three, right? That doesn't exactly support the notion that these guys were multiplying like rabbits, does it?

You said:

Like I said They must have lived at least 100 yrs when cain murdered abel, and by that time there must have been children and grand childrens children born. the earth must have been populated in that area.

Why were any of these children and grandchildren already living in the land of Nod by their own volition, seeing that it seemed too hard of a punishment for Cain to be sent there?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 03 2011,19:32)
    Mike!  I was reading there…. I also don't believe she will ever again  believe that Jesus was the the created Son of God….it is making me so sad, because Kathi used to believe what we all did, not to long ago….
    Peace Irene

Funny how people comprehend incorrectly. I have been debating Irene from the start that 'firstborn' doesn't mean 'first created.' just goes to show you that some people only see what they want to see. I never believed that the Son was created.

Kathi

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 25 2011,03:34)
    Wakeup,

Did you not read my post?  What about Noah?  How many children did he have by age 500?  Only three, right?  That doesn't exactly support the notion that these guys were multiplying like rabbits, does it?

You said:

Why were any of these children and grandchildren already living in the land of Nod by their own volition, seeing that it seemed too hard of a punishment for Cain to be sent there?

Hi Mike B.

Noah had only 3 sons,but dont you understand that God has planned it that way,a whole nation obviously can not board the ark.

Adam was 130 yrs old and he begat Set.
    And adam lived another 800yrs:and he begat sons and daughters.
    It does not say that, when adam was 800yrs he begat sons and daughters.
    Adam lived 930yrs,he had many sons and daughters.
    Since Adam was 130 yrs old, when he begat Set; he must have been very young when he begat Cain and Abel; only these two names were mentioned,because only these two had a history, that God wants us to know.

Adam must have been created a young 20 yr old,because God told him to be fruitful and multiply.And in the days of Moses a 20 yr old is considered an adult.

Daughters are usually not mentioned.
    1Cor 15:45.- —The FIRST MAN ADAM was made a living
    soul.—-
    He was created on the 6th day, no other created before the 6th day.

So cain must have children and grand children, maybe great grand children; and also Abel.How fast can a family spread in
    50yrs.Dont forget ,they were very healthy back then,much much more healthy than us today, and one man had more than one woman.(no law yet) Just sex,sex, sex.

It is obvious that cain was afraid of Abels children revenge.So God put a mark on him.Dont know what that mark is.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Adam was 130 years old when he begot his first son.

this is not true ;Cain and Abel where born prior to Seth

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I misspoke, Pierre.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 29 2011,09:25)

What it does say is:  AFTER Seth, Adam had other sons and daughters.

In fact, that is said all throughout the genealogies.  They list the firstborn, and then say AFTER THAT, so and so had OTHER sons and daughters.

But look at the ages these people were when they had their FIRSTBORN.

So cain must have children and grand children, maybe great grand children

Actually, it says that Cain found himself a wife in the land he was banished to, and THEN began to have a family.  I haven't read where Cain was forced to leave his huge family behind when he was banished.  And for you to assume this is the case is pure speculation.

Here's what we KNOW:

1.  At the age of 130, Adam had begotten only three children.

2.  At the age of 500, Noah had begotten only three children.

3.  When Cain was banished, he was afraid that the others might kill him.

Questions:  WHO WERE THESE OTHERS?

WHY WERE THEY ALREADY LIVING IN THE LAND OF NOD OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, SEEING HOW BEING BANISHED TO THAT PLACE SEEMED TOO HARD A PUNISHMENT FOR CAIN?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Interesting to wonder about the others in the lad of Nod. This is probably crazy but maybe they were the fallen angels who had the appearance of men/women.

Kathi

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2011,02:57)

What it does say is:  AFTER Seth, Adam had other sons and daughters.

In fact, that is said all throughout the genealogies.  They list the firstborn, and then say AFTER THAT, so and so had OTHER sons and daughters.

But look at the ages these people were when they had their FIRSTBORN.

So cain must have children and grand children, maybe great grand children

Actually, it says that Cain found himself a wife in the land he was banished to, and THEN began to have a family.  I haven't read where Cain was forced to leave his huge family behind when he was banished.  And for you to assume this is the case is pure speculation.

Here's what we KNOW:

1.  At the age of 130, Adam had begotten only three children.

2.  At the age of 500, Noah had begotten only three children.

3.  When Cain was banished, he was afraid that the others might kill him.

Questions:  WHO WERE THESE OTHERS?

WHY WERE THEY ALREADY LIVING IN THE LAND OF NOD OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, SEEING HOW BEING BANISHED TO THAT PLACE SEEMED TOO HARD A PUNISHMENT FOR CAIN?

MikeB: Gen4:16.Cain went out FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.and dwelleth in the land of NOD(flight)
    verse17. AND CAIN KNEW HIS WIFE,and conceived Enoch.
    And he builded a CITY, and called the name of the CITY after the name of his son.question: Cain build a city just for the 3 of them? and called it a CITY?

DID ABEL DIE A VIRGIN?
    DID CAIN REMAIN A VIRGIN BEFORE HE WENT TO THE LAND OF NOD? Is this what you are insinuating?
    Do you realy believe in your heart that adam was not the first man created? were there others before Adam?
    Only Jesus,Adam,Eve,were created by the will of God, we are all created by the will of man.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

mike cant read a verse that there were people before adam was created.. he cant read that . it's just his conclusion again hahahaha.
    the bible said, GOD created ADAM alone! ADAM has no helper that time. GOD created him alone! when GOD saw the man (ADAM), he said,
    It is not good that Man should be alone; I will make him a helpmate, his like.

therefore, GOD created adam alone! before adam, there were no people. he is alone! but if mike will insist his belief, then read it mike. do not make conclusions.

1cor 15:45
    The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam–that is, Christ–is a life-giving Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

45The first man was named Adam, and the Scriptures tell us that he was a living person. But Jesus, who may be called the last Adam, is a life-giving spirit.

jammin
    Participant

Genesis 2

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Genesis 2
    1THUS THE heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3And God blessed (spoke good of) the seventh day, set it apart as His own, and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all His work which He had created and done.

4This is the history of the heavens and of the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens–

5When no plant of the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not [yet] caused it to rain upon the earth and THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND

6But there went up a mist (fog, vapor) from the land and watered the whole surface of the ground–

7Then the Lord God formed man from the [a]dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being.

WHO WAS THE MAN WHO BECAME A LIVING BEING IN GEN 2:7????

Amplified Bible (AMP)

45Thus it is written, The first man Adam became a living being

CASE CLOSED!

journey42
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 30 2011,17:17)
    Genesis 2

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Genesis 2
    1THUS THE heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3And God blessed (spoke good of) the seventh day, set it apart as His own, and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all His work which He had created and done.

4This is the history of the heavens and of the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens–

5When no plant of the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not [yet] caused it to rain upon the earth and THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND

6But there went up a mist (fog, vapor) from the land and watered the whole surface of the ground–

7Then the Lord God formed man from the [a]dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being.

WHO WAS THE MAN WHO BECAME A LIVING BEING IN GEN 2:7????

Amplified Bible (AMP)

45Thus it is written, The first man Adam became a living being

CASE CLOSED!

Hi Jammin

Can't argue with that!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 29 2011,21:04)
    Mike,
    Interesting to wonder about the others in the lad of Nod.  This is probably crazy but maybe they were the fallen angels who had the appearance of men/women.  

Kathi

That's what this started off as, Kathi……….just a “wonder”.

Certain things seemed odd to me.  Like the fact that Eve said God gave her Seth to replace the son Cain killed.  That doesn't seem like the words of a woman who has more kids than she can count.  And the fact that at 500 years old, Noah had but three children.  And the fact that each of them were 100 years old before they had any of their own.

If you read the geneaologies, it seems most of these first humans were well over 100 when they had their first child.  And that just doesn't jibe with there being a vast population in the land when Cain was banished.

I don't know about the angel theory.  In my mind, God created men as He did animals.  And those humanoids were around on the earth for many, many years before God decided to make an “advanced” humanoid in His own image – ie: language ability, more advanced brain, etc.

I think the “others” were the cavemen of old, running around slightly different than the animals, grunting instead of speaking, etc.  I think this would explain the million year old fossils of human-like beings.

And then only 6000 years ago, God decided to actually put His spirit into one of these men, creating an entirely different being than the cavemen.

But who knows?  Thanks for your comment, Kathi.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 29 2011,21:37)
    MikeB: Gen4:16.Cain went out FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.and dwelleth in the land of NOD(flight)
    verse17. AND CAIN KNEW HIS WIFE,and conceived Enoch.
    And he builded a CITY, and called the name of the CITY after the name of his son.question: Cain build a city just for the 3 of them? and called it a CITY?

Why would Cain name the city “Enoch”?  Wouldn't he have been more likely to name it after one of his “many other sons” that came BEFORE Enoch?

Also, you still haven't answered this:
    Why were these “others” already living away from the presence of God in the land of Nod by their own choice?

Cain was afraid of others IN THE LAND OF NOD who would see him and kill him.  Why were these “descendants of Adam and Eve” already living in the land of Nod?  Why did they leave God's presence willingly, when it seemed too hard a punishment for Cain to bear?

DID ABEL DIE A VIRGIN?

Obviously, for there is no record of his family line anywhere in scripture, while Cain's line AFTER Enoch is well documented.

DID CAIN REMAIN A VIRGIN BEFORE HE WENT TO THE LAND OF NOD

Yes, that is why the family tree of Cain is traced from ENOCH on down the line.

jammin
    Participant

if the bible is silent, you must be silent.
    1 Corinthians 4:6

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

6Brothers and sisters, I have applied this to Apollos and myself for your sake. You should learn from us not to go beyond what is written in Scripture. Then you won’t arrogantly place one of us in opposition to the other.

the first man was adam! praise GOD!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 30 2011,20:56)
    if the bible is silent, you must be silent

I wish the Bible would have been silent about the “others” in the land of Nod. Then I wouldn't have this dilemma in my mind.

jammin
    Participant

then read a verse mike that there were others before adam. read a verse that before GOD created adam, there were others.

terraricca
    Participant

the scriptures are also silent of the female gender ,may be they formed amazons tribes who knows

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2011,05:27)
    Hi All,

I have pondered this hard and long.  I have been scoffed at and reminded that Adam is said to be the first man ever, and that Eve is the mother of all living.

But it never set well with me that when Cain was banished, he was afraid that “others” would kill him; and so God put a sign on him so the “others” wouldn't bother him.

WHO WERE THESE “OTHERS”?  

And from where did Cain obtain a wife after being banished?  

People are quick to point out that not every child of Adam and Eve were mentioned by name, so they may have had hundreds of children by the time Cain murdered Abel.  But WHY were these already willingly living in the land of Nod, since it seemed such a bad punishment for Cain to be sent to that place?  

And how does that add up to Eve saying this in 4:25:  “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

That seems to be an odd statement if the couple already had hundreds of unmentioned children.

And I've wondered why the story of man's creation is told once in Genesis 1, and then again, mentioning Adam and Eve, in Genesis 2.

I've always thought in my own mind that these “men” created on the sixth day were more like the cavemen of old.  And Adam represented the first man in which God placed His own Spirit.

Any comments?

mike

Hi MB,
    The huge age that these men attained leaves plenty of room for dynasties to arise in the timespan of those lives.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 672 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account