Views on the Gog Magog war

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Edj/t8
    if what he says is true ,the entire letter from Paul to the Hebrews was false and lies ,

That’s a bit harsh Terr. We see through a glass dimly. Unless we have crystal clear vision on prophecy, we should not condemn other views harshly IMO. If we take that stance, we endanger ourselves with missing the truth because we do not have all the answers right now.

AndrewAD
    Participant

God says the time has come and Now is that they who worship in spirit and truth will not worship in Samaria or Jerusalem.So the spirit of truth is there is no need of a fleshly Jerusalem for worship.And unbelievers can fight over it all they want but God cares not.

And there are no Bible verses in NT or OT that support the modern state of Israel.It’s especially revealing that the NT does not  support the idea at all and the OT verses of return to the land all apply to the return from Babylon.

So just where does that leave the Gog and Magog?  Make up whatever anyone wishes to think.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

That’s a bit harsh Terr. We see through a glass dimly. Unless we have crystal clear vision on prophecy, we should not condemn other views harshly IMO. If we take that stance, we endanger ourselves with missing the truth because we do not have all the answers right now.

1) Heb 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

this verse shows that what was said by the prophets was already fulfilled or did through Christ ,so Christ is the end of all prophecies unless he said it

2)Heb 2:1 We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
    Heb 2:2 For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment,
    Heb 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
    Heb 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

this came for what was said through Daniel 2;44 all the prophecies are the spirit of Christ ,

3)Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.
    Heb 3:2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.
    Heb 3:3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.
    Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
    Heb 3:5 Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, testifying to what would be said in the future.
    Heb 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

there is a heavenly call and a eartly call but the rules are the same but one follow the other ,this is the real kingdom of princes and priests

Heb 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

Heb 9:11 When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation.

Heb 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.
    Heb 10:2 If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.
    Heb 10:3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins,

Heb 10:30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”
    Heb 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    Heb 10:32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering.
    Heb 10:33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.
    Heb 10:34 You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions.
    Heb 10:35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
    Heb 10:36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
    Heb 10:37 For in just a very little while,
    “He who is coming will come and will not delay.
    Heb 10:38 But my righteous one will live by faith.
    And if he shrinks back,
    I will not be pleased with him.”
    Heb 10:39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

and on and on

terraricca
    Participant

t8

and scriptures says that Armageddon will come after the second resurrection ,not before

Miia
    Participant

Thanks. I would like to think that I could listen to him, of course that is no guarantee that I would believe him. But God does speak through unsuspecting people at times. For me, to hear the voice of the shepherd is to not only hear him in your heart, but also hear him through others, even others that we wouldn’t think.

Also, I like to give people chances, even if they have blown chances in the past. One reason for that is people change, and also I hope that God doesn’t give up on me even though I myself have blown many chances he has given me. In other words treat others as I would like to be treated. With the same measure I give, is the same measure I receive.

t8,
    Fair enough, but what is there in Ed J’s post?
    the abomination which causes desolation pertains to the earliest church in 66 AD. They saw the abomination which Jesus warned them about, and fled to Pella. Blessed were they that got to the end of the 1,335 days (who heeded Jesus’ warning), because Jerusalem was laid desolate in 70 AD. Matthew 24 is, I believe, divided into two parts (if you examine the different words used for “age”, “world” (Roman World), earth (entire planet), etc. Part one (verses 1-20) relates to the early Christians, part two (verses 21-51) relates to us today (before the second coming of Christ). Gog and Magog could be past of could be now or could be future. But if you associate Russia with Gog and Magog today, are you not associating them with something exceedingly bad, rather than a tool which God may use to shake the sinful world? Furthermore, Gog and Magog in Rev are the entire world. Nevertheless, my main point which I try to get people to hear is that WHEN JESUS RETURNS, EVERYTHING VISIBLE (except for the elect) WILL BE GONE. (So many people try to construe the book of Revelations, yet don’t have a clue how it is set up). IF, as many, such as yourself (I think) claim that Jesus will sit on a throne in (earthly) Jerusalem, with greenery still visible, buildings still standing, everyday people still walking around, IT WONT BE HIM, it will be a fake – The world deceiver – Does anyone understand?

Matt.24

[1] Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple.
    [2] But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down.”
    [3] As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?”
    [4] And Jesus answered them, “Take heed that no one leads you astray.
    [5] For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.
    [6] And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not alarmed; for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
    [7] For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places:
    [8] all this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs.
    [9] “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and put you to death; and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.
    [10] And then many will fall away, and betray one another, and hate one another.
    [11] And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
    [12] And because wickedness is multiplied, most men’s love will grow cold.
    [13] But he who endures to the end will be saved.
    [14] And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.
    [15] “So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
    [16] then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains;
    [17] let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house;
    [18] and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle.
    [19] And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days!
    [20] Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath.

Matt.24

[21] For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.
    [22] And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
    [23] Then if any one says to you, Lo, here is the Christ!' orThere he is!’ do not believe it.
    [24] For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
    [25] Lo, I have told you beforehand.
    [26] So, if they say to you, Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say,Lo, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.
    [27] For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
    [28] Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
    [29] “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;
    [30] then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;
    [31] and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
    [32] “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
    [33] So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
    [34] Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.
    [35] Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
    [36] “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.
    [37] As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
    [38] For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
    [39] and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
    [40] Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left.
    [41] Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
    [42] Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
    [43] But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into.
    [44] Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
    [45] “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?
    [46] Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.
    [47] Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
    [48] But if that wicked servant says to himself, `My master is delayed,’
    [49] and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eats and drinks with the drunken,
    [50] the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know,
    [51] and will punish him, and put him with the hypocrites; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.

Check people’s motives, what are their motives?

Miia
    Participant

Hi @EdJ, I apologize for the way I might have sounded in those posts.

Ed J
    Participant

Good luck listening to EdJ, t8.

Thanks. I would like to think that I could listen to him, of course that is no guarantee that I would believe him. But God does speak through unsuspecting people at times. For me, to hear the voice of the shepherd is to not only hear him in your heart, but also hear him through others, even others that we wouldn’t think.

Hi T8,

OK good than, hear me out and I will put it together for you.

“We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed” (2Pt 1:19)

Prophecy is given as “each day for a year” (Ezek 4:6, Num 14:34)
    I have appointed thee “each day for a year” (Ezekiel 4:6)
    “each day for a year” (Num 14:34) (second witness)

The dome of the rock mosque (called biblically the abomination of desolation) was set up in 688AD.

“And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away,
    and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall
    be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.” (Dan 12:11)
    The Babylonian forces capture Jerusalem in 603BC [b](Link)[/b]

603BC + 1,290years = 688AD

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
    stand in the holy place(on the Temple Mount), (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:” (Matt 24:15-16)

688AD + 1,260years = 1948AD

“And the woman(Israel) fled into the wilderness(ref. Matt 24:16),
    where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her
    there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (Rev 12:6)

In 1948AD Israel is re-birthed as a Nation

“I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered;
    and I will be sanctified *IN YOU* before the heathen. And ye shall know that “I the LORD God”,
    when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which
    I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers
    .” (Ezekiel 20:41-42)

“If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater” (1 John 5:9)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

I don’t have any view on the Gog Magog war. You usually do
    a pretty good job of presenting the different current views.

But I can prove that prophecy is given as “a day for a year”

The Messianic prophecy of the 70 weeks of Daniel is also ciphered as “a day for a year”

…..(see time-line 10:51 – 48:40)

“I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee,
    and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;” (Isaiah 42:6)

“And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob,
    and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles,
    that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.” (Isaiah 49:6)

Ed J
    Participant

the abomination which causes desolation pertains to the earliest church in 66 AD. They saw the abomination which Jesus warned them about, and fled to Pella.

Hi Miia,

What specifically are you saying was set up (in 66AD) that is called the ‘abomination of desolation’?

Proclaimer
    Participant

But I can prove that prophecy is given as “a day for a year”

Yes I tend to agree.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Miia,

What specifically are you saying was set up (in 66AD) that is called the ‘abomination of desolation’?

I’m not going over that again. People can be willingly blind, that’s their choice.

Jesus was speaking to the Disciples, not to you or I, but the Disiples (and the early church) in the first part of the prophecy.

66 Ad the disciples fled to PELLA. Add 3 1/2 years – 70 AD Jerusalem was destroyed.

Believe what you want, I cannot be bothered any more.

Miia
    Participant

Further, anyone who believes the abomination, or the Man of Sin, or whatever is Islam is mistaken. The seeds of hate are sown, and God and His Son’s command to love thy neighbor as thyself are out the window.

When Jesus was crucified he said “Forgive them Father for they know NOT what they DO”. Why can’t you believe the same?

If you were born in the Middle East, chances are you too would be a Muslim. Would you not wish that a good hearted Christian would tell you the truth with love – and without FEAR? Rather than label you as part of the only abomination? And then have the cheek to falsely say the Jews are forgiven for saying Christ was a sorcerer, deceiver and idolatress with a whore for a mother who is being punished at this moment? (Talmud), when the Muslims are not, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_the_Talmud simply because they were born into different religions..

……

Ed J
    Participant

I’m not going over that again.

Hi Miia,

You haven’t told me even once??? What specifically was set up in 66AD
    (or even in 70AD) that YOU are calling the ‘abomination of desolation’?

Ed J
    Participant

…and what blessed thing happened 1,335 days later?

“Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.” (Dan 12:12)

Looks like YOUR THEORY has some very serious holes in it since you
    are unwilling to (or cannot) answer simple questions regarding it.

”No prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy
    men of God spake as they were moved by the HolySpirit.” (2Peter 1:20-21)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Prophecy is given as “each day for a year” (Ezek 4:6, Num 14:34)

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed (2Pt 1:19)
    The dome of the rock mosque (called biblically the abomination of desolation) was set up in 688AD.

“And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away,
    and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall
    be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.” (Dan 12:11)
    The Babylonian forces capture Jerusalem in 603BC [b](Link)[/b]

603BC + 1,290years = 688AD

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
    stand in the holy place(on the Temple Mount), (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:” (Matt 24:15-16)

688AD + 1,260years = 1948AD

“And the woman(Israel) fled into the wilderness(ref. Matt 24:16),
    where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her
    there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (Rev 12:6)

In 1948AD Israel is re-birthed as a Nation

“I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered;
    and I will be sanctified *IN YOU* before the heathen. And ye shall know that “I the LORD God”,
    when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which
    I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers
    .” (Ezekiel 20:41-42)

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater (1 John 5:9)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Here is more…

Miia
    Participant

Yes. Run in fear Ed J and @t8, hoping that none noticed, (Islamic Immigration thread). Nice.

How about answering my posts – (t8: without the dramatic smokescreen).

kerwin
    Participant

Ed.

Calling the The mosque that sits on temple mount an abomination is ignoring history. In case you do not realize it Muslims are not Gentiles and the worship but one God.

1 Kings 10:14-15 tells us the kings of Arabia contributed to funds used the first temple.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Why do you choose to ignore the fact a pagan temple was build on the temple mount before the current mosque was built?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Why do you choose to ignore the fact a pagan temple was build on the temple mount before the current mosque was built?

Hi Kerwin,

For the same reason I choose to ignore WW1 and WW2.
    Do you believe it is relevant? If so, please explain
    why you believe this to be the case, OK?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account