Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Again, do not seek excuses to put the thoughts of men above God's.
    God's are higher.

Submit to the Word and let God clarify what you see as superficial discrepancies.
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind–according to the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You must remain within the teachings of Jesus, the truth.[Jn2]
    No man can go beyond those teachings and claim any inspiration by the Spirit of Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 24 2008,05:12)
    GB,
    Again, do not seek excuses to put the thoughts of men above God's.
    God's are higher.  

Submit to the Word and let God clarify what you see as superficial discrepancies.
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind–according to the Word.

Nick……..AGAIN, the word of God is not limited to Just what Jesus said, as you mistakingly think. Paul's words were just as valid as Jesus' was. It was the same Spirit in both of them. Your limiting of God's words to just Jesus is obviously un-scriptural. While Jesus did speak God's words to us, he wasn't the (ONLY) one who did also. Why is it you continually fail to answer questions presented or answer with it better to follow God's word then Mans when we all know that.

I will tell you that no matter how much you say that it doesn't mean anything if you don't understand those words does it Nick. Parroting Jesus gives you no advantage over anyone. Your problem is when you don't understand what Jesus meant by come back with some meaningless statement like (It's do not seek excuses to put the thoughts of men above God's), like (YOU) know that they are above God's thoughts or not. Your statements are pure hog wash, if you ask men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 23 2008,17:06)
    Nick…..what do you do with where Paul said God would Judge mens hearts according to (HIS) Gospel? Seams Jesus had a gospel and so did Paul. Jesus was certainly anointed but he was not the only one anointed. God The Father is not limited to the man Jesus in what he can reveal and do. You seem to think He can only speak through Jesus and what any one else says doesn't represent GOD”S Words. God's revealing work is even going on to this day and its the same spirit that was working in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said when we pray we should ask God to lead us not into temptation, but James says God tempts no One , so who's right Jesus or James. The reason i gave this is i am curious as to what your response to this seemingly contradiction is. Maybe WJ and His 600 scholars can tell us if you can't.

And heres another one “it's harder for a rich man to go into the kingdom of Heaven then for a (CAMEL) to go through the eye of a needle”.  Thats not harder, thats impossible. What you commit on that.  Maybe GOD has let a lot of mistranslated wordings for the very purpose of corrupting the scriptures.  

What do you do with where Peter completely misquotes the Psa 69:25  regarding Judas replacement, who gave him the authority to do that?  The psalms he quoted says Let (their) habitation be desolate and let none dwell in (their) tents, but Peter takes liberty to change it to His Habitation. I believe Peter could do that through inspiration of the Holy Spirit,  even if it was a misquote of scripture.  Your limiting of God Spirit to Just Jesus i find is not scriptural. God can and Does Speak through many people Jesus even said that if we were put on trial for God word to not meditate on what we would say because God would speak through us when on trial. And said it would not be us speaking but GOD speaking.

peace to you…………….gene

GB
    You quote Rom2

16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Paul did not have another gospel from the one of Jesus Christ, the judge of the hearts of men. Paul spoke the words and so can rightly call that one gospel his too.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Paul was not in competition with his Master.
    Christ was in him continuing his work.

Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The word of the Spirit of God is found also in the mouths of the prophets and apostles.
    They are one with Jesus in that Spirit.
    None can add.

Neither universalists nor trinitarians

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 24 2008,14:54)
    GB,

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Nick…..The word Christ means the anointing , Paul was crucified with Christ (or the anointing) the same anointing that Jesus was crucified with. When He said nevertheless i live{ Yet not I, but Christ lives in me. He was not talking about Jesus living in Him but the Anointing was living in Him. You need to see that the word Christ does not always mean Jesus the Man , but is referencing the Spirit of God or the anointing. Many get that mixed up, the same anointing that was in Jesus is in Paul and us, its not JESUS the Person. When Paul said that Christ was following the children of Israel in the wilderness , he was referencing the Anointing or Spirit of God which is the Christos or anointing. The life Paul now lived in the flesh was the same (FAITH) as the Son of God (JESUS) lived.

And by the way I never said Paul was in competition with Jesus They both under the guidance of the Same Holy Spirit had their parts to the overall Gospel and salvation work of God.

peace to you and yours………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus was crucified WITH an anointing?
    He is THE ANOINTED ONE.
    He is the holy one of God.

Paul was baptised into him and blessed with that same anointing of God's Spirit, now also the Spirit of Jesus.

Jn14
    16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 25 2008,03:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 24 2008,14:54)
    GB,

Nick…..The word Christ means the anointing , Paul was crucified with Christ (or the anointing) the same anointing that Jesus was crucified with.  When He said nevertheless i live{ Yet not I, but Christ lives in me. He was not talking about Jesus living in Him but the Anointing was living in Him. You need to see that the word Christ does not always mean Jesus the Man , but is referencing the Spirit of God or the anointing. Many get that mixed up, the same anointing that was in Jesus is in Paul and us, its not JESUS the Person. When Paul said that Christ was following the children of Israel in the wilderness , he was referencing the Anointing or Spirit of God which is the Christos or anointing. The life Paul now lived in the flesh was the same (FAITH) as the Son of God (JESUS) lived.

And by the way I never said Paul was in competition with Jesus They both under the guidance of the Same Holy Spirit had their parts to the overall Gospel and salvation work of God.

peace to you and yours………………gene

GB,
    Yes the Spirit of God is the anointing.
    Acts 10
    37That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

But now Christ yet is alive in that anointing, in unity with the Source, the Father. We too can be alive in that ever faithful anointing unto eternal life. In that anointing Jesus and the Father can live in us.

Jn14
    23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I think you are mixed up, the Anointing was God in Jesus, it's the same anointing thats in us no difference, ONE GOD IN ALL and Through All. We are in Christ (by the anointing) and that anointing is also in Jesus and to that is the way Jesus is in us , And that anointing is God in us , the same anointing or Spirit in us both that is in Jesus the man also. No difference between Jesus and Us because the anointing makes us one with him and the father.. Jesus explainded this saying “That they might be one in us and we in them the anointing is the common denominator Between God the Father, Jesus, and us it ties us together in mind and spirit. One God in ALL and Through ALL.

peace to you and yours……………….. gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God as Spirit.
    The Spirit of God is ever one with God

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 25 2008,15:58)
    Nick….I think you are mixed up, the Anointing  was God in Jesus, it's the same anointing thats in us no difference, ONE GOD IN ALL and Through All. We are in Christ (by the anointing) and that anointing is also in Jesus  and to that is the way Jesus is in us , And that anointing is God in us , the same anointing or Spirit in us both that is in Jesus the man also. No difference between Jesus and Us because the anointing makes us one with him and the father.. Jesus explainded this saying “That they might be one in us and we in them the anointing is the common denominator Between God the Father, Jesus, and us it ties us together in mind and spirit. One God in ALL and Through ALL.

peace to you and yours……………….. gene

Hi brother Gene,
    That is a wonderful explanation on unity in Spirit with God and His Son Jesus.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Adam,
    I agree with you, Gene makes some very good points in his posts.

God Bless, Jerry.

Jodi
    Participant

Can our ALMIGHTY Father make His desires come forth? If our Almighty Father desires all men to come to the knowledge of the truth, and is long suffering towards us, not willing that anyone should perish, DON'T YOU THINK, that which YHWH wants is that which He gets?

We are pathetic little dweebs, you don't think that our Creator KNOWS how to bring even the most pathetically vile man to his knees into submission in honor to his Creator and bring him forth into repentance and refine him into a righteous man?

If our Almighty Father cannot refine EVERY heart that has ever lived on the face of the earth, He is a failure.

Man's ability to be evil is not ABOVE, or supersede God's ability to bring forth His desires.

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

So then what do we make of such scriptures as these?

Revelation 20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outsideare dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. 16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Because of sin man received the punishment of death. To those who are dead however they know of no punishment for in the grave there is no remembrance there is no consciousness. So the punishment of death is only such to those who are still alive, it is a punishment to the mind of man who constantly lives in fear of death and FEELS pain and suffering, or who mourns and feels pain for the loss of a loved one.

As the punishment of death has been used by God to instruct the living, so too is the second death.

Those in the Lake of Fire, those that will face the second death, are people who are alive and standing OUTSIDE THE CITY GATES looking in. I believe that eventually they will see their sinful ways for what they really are, which is completely unfulfilling and a disgrace to the human mind and body of which YHWH created. They will look inside the Great City of Jerusalem and FINALLY see the LIGHT of YHWH. They will feel guilt, remorse and want forgiveness. They will thirst, they will desire to be inside the Gates of our Almighty’s Kingdom!

Man’s evil is not above the Will of YHWH!

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Jodi.
    A very thoughtfull and interesting post. Yes, if God desires some thing, it will occur.

Isiah. 46:10 …Saying, “All my counsel shall be confirmed, and all My desire will I do.
    Indeed, I speak! Indeed I will bring it about! I formed. Indeed, I will do it.

“All is of God”, Blessings.

meerkat
    Participant

Hi,

I am new here, in my seeking I have come to the conclusion that God will reconcile all to himself. That realisation  has allowed me to rest in Gods love.  

Gene, Jerry (Chosenone), Jodi, Adam (GM)  keep up the good work, I have enjoyed reading your posts.

chosenone
    Participant

Thank you meerkat, and welcome. We are a minority believing in the reconciliation of all, but scripture, correctly translated, clearly shows that all mankind will be saved. Thanks again for your support.

God Bless, Jerry.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Meerkat……….welcome to heaven net , you will find some real good God seeking folks here we may not always agree but we do love each other and are trying to grow in Grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

love and peace to you and yours……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 01 2008,16:35)
    Can our ALMIGHTY Father make His desires come forth? If our Almighty Father desires all men to come to the knowledge of the truth, and is long suffering towards us, not willing that anyone should perish, DON'T YOU THINK, that which YHWH wants is that which He gets?

We are pathetic little dweebs, you don't think that our Creator KNOWS how to bring even the most pathetically vile man to his knees into submission in honor to his Creator and bring him forth into repentance and refine him into a righteous man?

If our Almighty Father cannot refine EVERY heart that has ever lived on the face of the earth, He is a failure.

Man's ability to be evil is not ABOVE, or supersede God's ability to bring forth His desires.

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outsideare dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. 16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Because of sin man received the punishment of death. To those who are dead however they know of no punishment for in the grave there is no remembrance there is no consciousness. So the punishment of death is only such to those who are still alive, it is a punishment to the mind of man who constantly lives in fear of death and FEELS pain and suffering, or who mourns and feels pain for the loss of a loved one.

As the punishment of death has been used by God to instruct the living, so too is the second death.  

Those in the Lake of Fire, those that will face the second death, are people who are alive and standing OUTSIDE THE CITY GATES looking in. I believe that eventually they will see their sinful ways for what they really are, which is completely unfulfilling and a disgrace to the human mind and body of which YHWH created. They will look inside the Great City of Jerusalem and FINALLY see the LIGHT of YHWH. They will feel guilt, remorse and want forgiveness. They will thirst, they will desire to be inside the Gates of our Almighty’s Kingdom!  

Hi Jodi,
    Do you think we should postulate the actions of God according to His abilities and without Him actually saying so?

Is that not the sort of speculation He despises?

Does it not show we ignore what He has said in favour of our own ideas?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,00:11)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 01 2008,16:35)

Hi Jodi,
    Do you think we should postulate the actions of God according to His abilities and without Him actually saying so?

Is that not the sort of speculation He despises?

Does it not show we ignore what He has said in favour of our own ideas?

Nick, scripture CLEARLY STATES that God is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish, but ALL come to repentance.

HE is not SLACK concerning His promise,

You are not abiding by the scriptures, you are teaching IMO what is an absolute utter disgrace to our Heavenly Father.

YOU ARE YOU, to say God cannot make His Will come forth?

Ro 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

This scripture shows that God has a plan in place in which He will have mercy on ALL people.

Why must you believe that the darkness IN men is MORE powerful then Our Heavenly Father? That is a disgrace!

God is going to destroy ALL sin in the world. According to the scriptures He is not going to accomplish this by killing off sinful people, but through His Great intelligence and His Longsuffering towards us, He is going to destroy the sin that is IN us.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account