Three days and three nights

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,15:30)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 17 2007,15:02)

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,14:17)

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 17 2007,14:04)
    Scripture leaves room for belief.  When you look at Scripture from the testamony of the Torah, it shows the truth.

No, I did not read it.  There is no need for me to consider another way, when I understand completely, without a doubt, the truth already.  I do not need the interpretation of a human being.  But, I don't think it's wrong to search for the truth like you are doing.

Laurel

Laurel I would really like you to read it….come on please, pretty please….

The reason why is because I would like you to take her points and show me how they are in error.

I did not say that this is what I believe. I said I find this view fascinating and that she makes some really good points.

The reason why I started this thread is specifically to get people to refute her points.

Laurel, you being firm on your understanding, makes you the perfect candidate, so if you have some time on your hands, I'd appreciate it.

Jodi!  Why do you find it so important to listen to another Humans point of view. Should we not rather go to our Bibles and search out what is true? I think there is a scripture that tells us that we need no Human beings, we need God's Holy Spirit who will reveal all truths to us. If not here now then in the future in the millinium. Then there will be a Highway of Holiness and only those that are righteous will walk on it. For me I will be glad to wait till then, if the Holy Spirit does not show me now, but I belief the Holy Spirit has shown my Husband and I a lot of new truths. Seek and you will find, knock and you will receive. But I do not think that is meant to knock on another Human Door. I did not read that tape either, I have no intrest in what Humans have to tell me . I am here to share what I understand. If I see that I am wrong in anyway, I will of course change. But so far I just have not seen that. Ken has very good points on keeping the Sabbth for instant, but I understand it somewhat diffrent. All is written in our Hearts and Jesus magnefied the Law and made it spiritual. The road is steep and few will find it. Many are called and few are chosen. So who is going to be chosen, that of course is the question of the century. One day we will find out.

Peace and Love Mrs.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

If you are not here to listen to other peoples points of view then why are you here?

Wow, where would the Israelites be if they did not listen to Moses. Where would the Gentiles and Jews be if they did not listen to Paul? Where would the peoples be if they, in Jesus' time did not listen to Jesus.

In case you didn't NOTICE Lorraine Day, author of the paper, used SCRIPTURE for all her points. But no you didn't notice because you didn't even look, which is fine, but don't criticize my methods of bible study.

I use this forum to fascilitate my bible studies. I like to look up various doctrines by various people. This does not mean that I am looking directly to humans to find truth. I read what they have to say and then I look into the bible and draw my own conclusions, ones that I hope that God is beside me, leading me to.

Jodi! I really do not appreciate the way you talk to me. I said nothing wrong in my Post to you earlier. Just because I dont follow your advise, gives you no right to be so mean.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 24 2007,06:20)

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,15:30)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 17 2007,15:02)

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,14:17)

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 17 2007,14:04)
    Scripture leaves room for belief.  When you look at Scripture from the testamony of the Torah, it shows the truth.

No, I did not read it.  There is no need for me to consider another way, when I understand completely, without a doubt, the truth already.  I do not need the interpretation of a human being.  But, I don't think it's wrong to search for the truth like you are doing.

Laurel

Laurel I would really like you to read it….come on please, pretty please….

The reason why is because I would like you to take her points and show me how they are in error.

I did not say that this is what I believe. I said I find this view fascinating and that she makes some really good points.

The reason why I started this thread is specifically to get people to refute her points.

Laurel, you being firm on your understanding, makes you the perfect candidate, so if you have some time on your hands, I'd appreciate it.

Jodi!  Why do you find it so important to listen to another Humans point of view. Should we not rather go to our Bibles and search out what is true? I think there is a scripture that tells us that we need no Human beings, we need God's Holy Spirit who will reveal all truths to us. If not here now then in the future in the millinium. Then there will be a Highway of Holiness and only those that are righteous will walk on it. For me I will be glad to wait till then, if the Holy Spirit does not show me now, but I belief the Holy Spirit has shown my Husband and I a lot of new truths. Seek and you will find, knock and you will receive. But I do not think that is meant to knock on another Human Door. I did not read that tape either, I have no intrest in what Humans have to tell me . I am here to share what I understand. If I see that I am wrong in anyway, I will of course change. But so far I just have not seen that. Ken has very good points on keeping the Sabbth for instant, but I understand it somewhat diffrent. All is written in our Hearts and Jesus magnefied the Law and made it spiritual. The road is steep and few will find it. Many are called and few are chosen. So who is going to be chosen, that of course is the question of the century. One day we will find out.

Peace and Love Mrs.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

If you are not here to listen to other peoples points of view then why are you here?

Wow, where would the Israelites be if they did not listen to Moses. Where would the Gentiles and Jews be if they did not listen to Paul? Where would the peoples be if they, in Jesus' time did not listen to Jesus.

In case you didn't NOTICE Lorraine Day, author of the paper, used SCRIPTURE for all her points. But no you didn't notice because you didn't even look, which is fine, but don't criticize my methods of bible study.

I use this forum to fascilitate my bible studies. I like to look up various doctrines by various people. This does not mean that I am looking directly to humans to find truth. I read what they have to say and then I look into the bible and draw my own conclusions, ones that I hope that God is beside me, leading me to.

Jodi! I really do not appreciate the way you talk to me. I said nothing wrong in my Post to you earlier. Just because I dont follow your advise, gives you no right to be so mean.

Mrs.
    You seem too be very sensitive and defensive and I was wondering why?

Why do you let everyone under your skin?

You say you are of retirement age, and by now you should have learned the social skill of not letting everyone get to you.

You become the offender, in retaliation. Let YHWH repay, and you wait for Him. You will be much happier if you do that.

You need to remind yourself, we debate here. We aren't shooting arrows at one another, we aim at the doctrines of men. If your doctrine is true, He will go before you and defen His own Word.

Laurel

kenrch
    Participant

Jesus was resurrected on His Father's Sabbath! You can't get 3 days and nights from Friday after noon to Sunday morning! But if you keep the “Sunday” resurrection day of the Pope then it lines up perfectly with Easter..doesn't it~! :laugh: And their Sabbath! :laugh: Dan 7:25

Hi All.

Its obvious there is controversy over this. Question is who do we believe? The WWC? Many deny what the WWC and Laural and Seeking and Im4truth are saying.

I think the following gives plenty of biblical evidence that Christ rising on the “7th day Sabbath” is a lie.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS DIE?

Jesus referred to the prophet Jonah, just as he was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so would He be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matt. 12:39-40; Luke 11:30. On another occasion, Jesus stated that He would destroy the temple, and He would raise it again in three days – John 2:19. (This is referring to His body, as his body became the living temple/tabernacle on earth).

Matt 27:62-64: “Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first.”

Mark 15:42-44: “Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Pilate marveled that He was already dead; and summoning the centurion, he asked him if He had been dead for some time.” This means it was Friday afternoon since the Sabbath day begins at sundown.

Luke 23:54-56: “That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near. And the women who had come with Him from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid.  Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

Talmud states he died on the eve of the Sabbath, because he practiced sorcery and took them from their God. Mk.14:12 says on the first day of the Unleaven Bread when they sacrificed the Passover.

John 19:31-33: “Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.”

A high Sabbath was one that landed on a feast day.

The Gospels  of Mark, Luke and John all make it clear that Jesus' burial occurred shortly after His death on the day of “preparation” (Friday) before the Sabbath (Saturday), and ends at the sunset of each day.  Mark 15:37-47; Luke 23:53-56; John 19:31. In order for Jesus to have been buried just before the Sabbath (Saturday), Jesus' crucifixion could only have occurred on Friday.

The Bible is clear that Jesus was crucified on the Passover, Friday, then buried later that (Friday) afternoon or evening before the Sabbath  (Saturday) began, and then rose from the dead the first day of the week (Sunday).  How could there be a fulfillment of Jesus' prediction that He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth? What exactly does this mean? 3- literal 24- hour days or a statement related to a certain time period.

In Old Testament the expression “one day and one night” was an idiom used often by the Jews for a day, even when it was applied to only a part of a day. The Jewish reference to this period as three days and three nights is strictly in accordance with the Jewish mode of reckoning. Evening and morning, or night and day, is the Hebrew phrase for a natural day. It was a maxim among the  Jews in computing time, that a part of a day was to be received or computed as the whole.

Christ was dead at three o’clock on Friday, they had before six o’clock, three hours to bury Him. After going through the red tape with the Romans it took less than an hour. The Jewish reckoning of time is found in the Jewish Talmud and the Babylonian Jerusalem Talmud (the commentaries of the Jews), said any part, an “onan”, any part of the day is considered a full day. On Friday before six o'clock by Jewish reckoning, any minute was considered one day and one night. From Friday night at six o'clock to Saturday at six o'clock, was another day and another night. From Saturday night to Sunday was a third day. Thus, Jesus was in the grave part of Friday (a whole “natural day”), through all of Saturday (the second day), and from Saturday at sunset a part of Sunday (the third day). Thus, it is likely that the part of the day (Friday) on which Jesus was crucified, the entire day He was in the grave (Saturday), and the part of the day on which He rose again (Sunday), estimated as entire days. The concept of three days would be an idiom, not necessarily meaning 3 full 24- hour periods.

Genesis 42:17 shows us this idiomatic usage was common in their culture. Joseph had his brothers imprisoned for three days; in v.18, he speaks to them and releases them, on the third day. I Samuel 30:12, 13: “For he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights,” and in the next verse, “My master left me behind… three days ago.” There are other instances in the Bible in which part of a day is viewed as constituting a whole. For example, the same quantity of time referred to in the Gospel accounts of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection as three days and three nights, which in reality was only one whole day, a part of two others, and two whole nights, is termed three days and three nights in the book of Esther. Compare Esther 4:16 (“Go …neither eat nor drink three days, night or day . . . and so will I go in unto the king”), with Esther 5:1 (“On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the palace, in front of the king's hall”) this is also found in 2 Chr.10:5, 12; Gen. 42:17-18; 1 Kings 20:29; Luke 2:21.

The Jews were aware of Jesus' prophecy. Matt. 27:63. The fact that the Jews asked that a command be given that the sepulcher be made secure “until the third day” showed that when the Jews spoke of “three days,” Matt. 27:64, they did not of necessity mean three “whole (24) days,” but parts of three days, as was the case of Jesus' lying dead in the grave. While this is debated the evidence for which day He rose is absolutely clarified in Scripture.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS RISE?

Matt. 28:1-2: “Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it.” The first day of the week is Sunday according to Judaism, according to the New Testament since Saturday is the 7th day.

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct10.htm

:)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,07:36)
    Hi All.

Its obvious there is controversy over this. Question is who do we believe? The WWC? Many deny what the WWC and Laural and Seeking and Im4truth are saying.

I think the following gives plenty of biblical evidence that Christ rising on the “7th day Sabbath” is a lie.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS DIE?

Jesus referred to the prophet Jonah, just as he was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so would He be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matt. 12:39-40; Luke 11:30. On another occasion, Jesus stated that He would destroy the temple, and He would raise it again in three days – John 2:19. (This is referring to His body, as his body became the living temple/tabernacle on earth).

Matt 27:62-64: “Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first.”

Mark 15:42-44: “Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Pilate marveled that He was already dead; and summoning the centurion, he asked him if He had been dead for some time.” This means it was Friday afternoon since the Sabbath day begins at sundown.

Luke 23:54-56: “That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near. And the women who had come with Him from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid. Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

Talmud states he died on the eve of the Sabbath, because he practiced sorcery and took them from their God. Mk.14:12 says on the first day of the Unleaven Bread when they sacrificed the Passover.

John 19:31-33: “Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.”

The Gospels of Mark, Luke and John all make it clear that Jesus' burial occurred shortly after His death on the day of “preparation” (Friday) before the Sabbath (Saturday), and ends at the sunset of each day. Mark 15:37-47; Luke 23:53-56; John 19:31. In order for Jesus to have been buried just before the Sabbath (Saturday), Jesus' crucifixion could only have occurred on Friday.

The Bible is clear that Jesus was crucified on the Passover, Friday, then buried later that (Friday) afternoon or evening before the Sabbath (Saturday) began, and then rose from the dead the first day of the week (Sunday). How could there be a fulfillment of Jesus' prediction that He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth? What exactly does this mean? 3- literal 24- hour days or a statement related to a certain time period.

In Old Testament the expression “one day and one night” was an idiom used often by the Jews for a day, even when it was applied to only a part of a day. The Jewish reference to this period as three days and three nights is strictly in accordance with the Jewish mode of reckoning. Evening and morning, or night and day, is the Hebrew phrase for a natural day. It was a maxim among the Jews in computing time, that a part of a day was to be received or computed as the whole.

Christ was dead at three o’clock on Friday, they had before six o’clock, three hours to bury Him. After going through the red tape with the Romans it took less than an hour. The Jewish reckoning of time is found in the Jewish Talmud and the Babylonian Jerusalem Talmud (the commentaries of the Jews), said any part, an “onan”, any part of the day is considered a full day. On Friday before six o'clock by Jewish reckoning, any minute was considered one day and one night. From Friday night at six o'clock to Saturday at six o'clock, was another day and another night. From Saturday night to Sunday was a third day. Thus, Jesus was in the grave part of Friday (a whole “natural day”), through all of Saturday (the second day), and from Saturday at sunset a part of Sunday (the third day). Thus, it is likely that the part of the day (Friday) on which Jesus was crucified, the entire day He was in the grave (Saturday), and the part of the day on which He rose again (Sunday), estimated as entire days. The concept of three days would be an idiom, not necessarily meaning 3 full 24- hour periods.

Genesis 42:17 shows us this idiomatic usage was common in their culture. Joseph had his brothers imprisoned for three days; in v.18, he speaks to them and releases them, on the third day. I Samuel 30:12, 13: “For he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights,” and in the next verse, “My master left me behind… three days ago.” There are other instances in the Bible in which part of a day is viewed as constituting a whole. For example, the same quantity of time referred to in the Gospel accounts of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection as three days and three nights, which in reality was only one whole day, a part of two others, and two whole nights, is termed three days and three nights in the book of Esther. Compare Esther 4:16 (“Go …neither eat nor drink three days, night or day . . . and so will I go in unto the king”), with Esther 5:1 (“On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the palace, in front of the king's hall”) this is also found in 2 Chr.10:5, 12; Gen. 42:17-18; 1 Kings 20:29; Luke 2:21.

The Jews were aware of Jesus' prophecy. Matt. 27:63. The fact that the Jews asked that a command be given that the sepulcher be made secure “until the third day” showed that when the Jews spoke of “three days,” Matt. 27:64, they did not of necessity mean three “whole (24) days,” but parts of three days, as was the case of Jesus' lying dead in the grave. While this is debated the evidence for which day He rose is absolutely clarified in Scripture.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS RISE?

Matt. 28:1-2: “Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it.” The first day of the week is Sunday according to Judaism, according to the New Testament since Saturday is the 7th day.

I knew this would come up as the daughters reject the truth!

High Sabbaths
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    • Ten things you may not know about Wikipedia •
    Jump to: navigation, search
    High Sabbaths refer to the annual
    festivals recorded in the books of Exodus and Deuteronomy. Rather than the weekly seventh day Sabbath, these days of the Festivals of Unleavened Bread or Passover (Pesach), Pentecost (Shavuot), Atonement (Yom Kippur), Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah), and Tabernacles (Sukkoth) may fall on various other days of the week.
    This phrase “high Sabbath” has been identified by Dr. Dani ben Gigi of Hebrewworld.com, former professor of Hebrew Language at Arizona State University, as meaning specifically “Shabbat haGadol”, that is, the weekly Sabbath that comes before Passover each year. There is no reference in the Torah of the Jews, the first five books of Moses, or the Old Testament that calls the Feast Days as “high holy days”. *****This is a modern practice that follows the example of Roman Catholicism which calls[citation needed] their special days, High Days.
    The ten day period between the High Sabbaths of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are commonly referred to as the High Holy Days, or High Holidays.

This Judaism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
    Retrieved from “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Sabbaths”
    Categories: All articles with unsourced statements | Articles with unsourced statements since September 2007 | Jewish holy days | New Testament topics | Hebrew Bible topics | Judaism stubs

The Feast of Unleavened Bread

The Feast of Unleavened Bread (Hag HaMatzah in Hebrew) is the second of the seven feasts that the L-RD commanded Israel to celebrate. “And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the L-RD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the L-RD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein” (Leviticus 23:6-8). It was to be celebrated for seven days, beginning on the evening of the 15th of Nisan through the 21st of Nisan.
    In the time of the earthly ministry of Yeshua, the celebration of both the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was identified collectively as “the Passover”– “Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover” (Luke 22:1). Modern Judaism still observes these eight days collectively as Passover (Pesach)– Nisan 14 through 21.
    Seven high days are designated in Leviticus 23 (verses 7, 8, 21, 25, 28, 30-32, 35-36). These high days are Sabbaths. They were to be treated like the seventh day Sabbath, even though they could occur on a day other than the seventh day (Saturday) of the week– which was the normal Jewish Sabbath. The first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Nisan 15, was the first of the seven high days. The seventh day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Nisan 21, was the second of the seven high days of Leviticus 23. This could cause confusion in understanding the events of the week of Yeshua's crucifixion, since both the day before the weekly Sabbath as well as the day before the Feast of Unleavened Bread were designated as Preparation days.
    Tradition holds that Yeshua was crucified on Friday (instead of Thursday) because of a reference to “the preparation” and “the sabbath day” in the same verse. “The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away” (John 19:31). In this instance, “the preparation” was for the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread which was an “high day” and consequently a “sabbath day”. Unleavened bread was historically the symbol of Israel's flight from Egyptian bondage in the time of Moses– they were in too much of a hurry to allow the dough to be leavened. “And the people took their dough before it was leavened… And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they brought forth out of Egypt, for it was not leavened; because they were thrust out of Egypt, and could not tarry, neither had they prepared for themselves any provisions.” (Exodus 12:34,39). Leaven (yeast), in the Feast of Unleavened Bread, was something Israel was enjoined to put away on the penalty of being cut off from the nation of Israel. “Whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel” (Exodus 12:15). This was very strong language for a ceremony– unless the L-RD G-d was trying to teach Israel the significance of something future, that would be put away to make them clean. Of course, that something is Yeshua. “For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of G-d in Him” (2Corinthians 5:21). Sin is typified by the leaven. “Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth” (1Corinthians 5:8).
    The New Testament fulfillment of the Feast of Unleavened Bread is the burial of Yeshua. He was placed in the tomb shortly before the first moments of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Yeshua was the unleavened bread. “I am the Living Bread which came down from Heaven: if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world” (John 6:51). As leaven is a type for sin, Yeshua became “sin for us… that we might be made the righteousness of G-d in Him” (2Corinthians 5:21).

All Annual Sabbaths were called High Sabbaths according to Tow, No the Jews! :D

This has nothing to do with the RCC.

Read it. This is coming from your Bible.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS DIE?

Luke 23:54-56: “That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near. And the women who had come with Him from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid.  Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

The Gospels  of Mark, Luke and John all make it clear that Jesus' burial occurred shortly after His death on the day of “preparation” (Friday) before the Sabbath (Saturday), and ends at the sunset of each day.  Mark 15:37-47; Luke 23:53-56; John 19:31. In order for Jesus to have been buried just before the Sabbath (Saturday), Jesus' crucifixion could only have occurred on Friday.

The Bible is clear that Jesus was crucified on the Passover, Friday, then buried later that (Friday) afternoon or evening before the Sabbath  (Saturday) began, and then rose from the dead the first day of the week (Sunday).  How could there be a fulfillment of Jesus' prediction that He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth? What exactly does this mean? 3- literal 24- hour days or a statement related to a certain time period.

In Old Testament the expression “one day and one night” was an idiom used often by the Jews for a day, even when it was applied to only a part of a day. The Jewish reference to this period as three days and three nights is strictly in accordance with the Jewish mode of reckoning. Evening and morning, or night and day, is the Hebrew phrase for a natural day. It was a maxim among the  Jews in computing time, that a part of a day was to be received or computed as the whole.

WHAT DAY DID JESUS RISE?

Towshab
    Participant

Ah typical Christians arguing over things that should be simple. But since the GT writers did such a poor job of writing since none of them actually witnessed the events what would you expect?

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 24 2007,08:17)
    Ah typical Christians arguing over things that should be simple. But since the GT writers did such a poor job of writing since none of them actually witnessed the events what would you expect?

Tow

But of course the Jews also agree in everything, in fact many believe Yeshua is the Messiah and many dont.

So your pompous attitude here only makes you out to be just one of the unbelievers seasoned with a litte foolishness.

You know Yeshua hasnt given up on the unbelieving Jews, he still Loves them very much.

You might as well repent and believe now for sooner or later every knee shall bow.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,08:30)

Tow

But of course the Jews also agree in everything, in fact many believe Yeshua is the Messiah and many dont.

So your pompous attitude here only makes you out to be just one of the unbelievers seasoned with a litte foolishness.

You know Yeshua hasnt given up on the unbelieving Jews, he still Loves them very much.

You might as well repent and believe now for sooner or later every knee shall bow.

Exactly WJ! Some agree and “most” AntiChrisrt do not! Just as it was back when the first century church was happening. Now is the Time when we the body of Christ should come together!

Don't you agree?

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 24 2007,08:37)

Tow

Exactly WJ!  Some agree and “most” AntiChrisrt do not!  Just as it was back when the first century church was happening.  Now is the Time when we the body of Christ should come together!

Don't you agree?

Yep.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,08:40)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 24 2007,08:37)

Tow

Exactly WJ! Some agree and “most” AntiChrisrt do not! Just as it was back when the first century church was happening. Now is the Time when we the body of Christ should come together!

Don't you agree?

Yep.

Thank you brother! Although we disagree on some personnel differences WE agree that Jesus is LORD!
    Praise and glory be to GOD! Who gave His Son WHO did not SIN but gave HIS life as the sacrifice of God that WE might be saved!

The fulfillment of Yhweh the END of the sacrifice…Once and for all ..For the whole world and not just Jews as was the promised given to Abraham!

Is God of Just the Jews or of the whole World?!

I give you thanks BROTHER that we would agree on such THINGS!

That you would over look the things that are present and look to the future!

God Bless you as I hope everyone does!

Ken

Traditional timing doesn't add up Friday to Sunday

The Gospels are clear that Jesus died and His body was hurriedly placed in the tomb late in the afternoon, just before sundown when a Sabbath began (Jn 19:30-42). Take note that these are YEARLY Sabbath and not weekly Sabbath. All the laws of sacrifices, which looked forward to Christ's death on the cross. Therefore  when Jesus Christ died on the cross, the ceremonial aspects of the law was demolished nailed on the cross, because he was the final sacrificial lamb, the fulfillment of these laws.

John 20:1 tells us that “on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, WHILE IT WAS STILL DARK, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.”

Did you catch the problem here? John tells us it was STILL DARK  when Mary went to the tomb on Sunday morning and found it empty. Jesus was already resurrected well before daybreak. Thus He wasn't in the tomb any of the daylight portion of Sunday, so none of that can be counted as a day.

The key to understanding the timing of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection lies in understanding God's timetable for counting when days begin and end, as well as the timing of His biblical festivals during the spring of the year when these events took place.

We first need to realize that God doesn't begin and end days at midnight as we do—that is a humanly devised method of counting time. Genesis 1:5 tells us quite plainly that God counts a day as beginning WITH THE EVENING (the night portion) and ENDING AT THE NEXT EVENING—”So the evening [nighttime] and the morning [daylight] were the first day.” God repeats this formula for the entire six days of creation.

In Leviticus 23, where God lists all of His holy Sabbaths and festivals, He makes it clear that they are to be observed “from evening to evening” (verse 32)—in other words, from sunset to sunset, when the sun went down and evening began.

This is why Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, followers of Jesus, hurriedly placed His body in Joseph's nearby tomb just BEFORE SUNDOWN(John 19:39-42). A Sabbath was beginning at sundown (verse 31), when work would have to cease.

Two kinds of “Sabbaths” lead to confusion..

As John tells us in verse 31: “Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies [of those crucified] should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken [to hasten death], and that they might be taken away.”

In the Jewish culture of that time, the chores of cooking and housecleaning were done on the day before a Sabbath to avoid working on God's designated day of rest. Thus the day before the Sabbath was commonly called “the preparation day.” Clearly the day on which Christ was crucified and His body placed in the tomb was the day immediately preceding a Sabbath(ANNUAL SABBATH NOT WEEKELY SABBATH).

The question is, which Sabbath?

Most people assume John is speaking of the regular weekly Sabbath day, observed from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. From John's clear statement here, most people assume Jesus died and was buried on a Friday—thus the traditional belief that Jesus was crucified and died on “Good Friday.”

Most people have no idea that the Bible talks about TWO kinds of Sabbath days—the normal weekly Sabbath day that falls on the seventh day of the week,(God's day, also on the 10C) and seven annual Sabbath days, listed in Leviticus 23 and mentioned in various passages throughout the Bible, that could fall on ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Because traditional Christianity long ago abandoned these biblical annual Sabbath days (as well as the weekly Sabbath), for many centuries people have failed to recognize what the Gospels plainly tell us about when Jesus Christ was crucified and resurrected—and why “Good Friday–Easter Sunday” never happened that way.

Most people fail to note that John explicitly tells us that the Sabbath that began at sundown immediately after Jesus was entombed was one of these ANNUAL Sabbath days. Notice in John 19:31 his explanation that “that Sabbath was a high day” —” HIGH DAY” being a term used to differentiate the seven annual SABBATHS from the regular weekly Sabbath day.

So what was this “high day” that immediately followed Jesus Christ's hurried entombment?

The Gospels tell us that on the evening before Jesus was condemned and crucified, He kept the Passover with His disciples (Matthew 26:19-20; Mark 14:16-17; Luke 22:13-15). This means He was crucified on the Passover day.

Leviticus 23, which lists God's festivals, tells us that on the day after the Passover a separate festival, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, begins (verses 5-6). The FIRST DAY of this Feast is “a holy convocation” on which “no customary work” is to be done (verse 7).

This day is the first of God's ANNUAL(yearly) Sabbaths. This is the “HIGH DAY” of which John wrote. Several Bible commentaries, encyclopedias and dictionaries note that John is referring to an ANNUAL Sabbaths(ceromonial sABBATH of Moses written on Paper) here rather than the regular weekly Sabbath day(God's Holy day, that is on the 10C written on Stones)

Passover began at sundown and ended the following day at sundown, when this annual Sabbath began. Jesus kept the Passover with His disciples, then was arrested later that night. After daybreak the next day He was questioned before Pontius Pilate, crucified, then hurriedly entombed just before the next sunset when the “high day,” the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, began.

Leviticus 23 tells us the order and timing of these days, and the Gospels confirm the order of events as they unfolded.

Jesus crucified on Wednesday, not Friday.

Several computer software programs exist that enable us to calculate when the Passover and God's other festivals fall in any given year. Those programs show that in A.D. 30, the year of these events, the Passover meal was eaten on Tuesday night and Wednesday sundown marked the beginning of the “high day,” the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Jesus, then, was crucified and entombed on a Wednesday afternoon, not on Friday.

Can we find further proof of this in the Gospels? Yes, indeed we can!

Mark 16:1: “Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”

In that time, if the body of a loved one was placed in a tomb rather than being buried directly in the ground, friends and family would commonly place aromatic spices in the tomb alongside the body to reduce the smell as the remains decayed.

Since Jesus' body was placed in the tomb just before that high-day Sabbath began, the women had no time to buy those spices before the Sabbath. Also, they could not have purchased them on the Sabbath day, as shops were closed. Thus, Mark says, they bought the spices after the Sabbath— “when the Sabbath was past.”

But notice another revealing detail in Luke 23:55-56: “And the women who had come with [Christ] from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid. Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

Do you see a problem here? Mark clearly states that the women bought the spices after the Sabbath—”when the Sabbath was past.” Luke tells us that the women prepared the spices and fragrant oils, after which “they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

So they bought the spices after the Sabbath, and then they prepared the spices before resting on the Sabbath. This is a clear contradiction between these two Gospel accounts—unless two Sabbaths were involved!

Indeed when we understand that two different Sabbaths are mentioned, the problem goes away.

Mark tells us that after the “high day” Sabbath, which began Wednesday evening at sundown and ended Thursday evening at sundown, the women bought the spices to anoint Jesus' body. Luke then tells us that the women prepared the spices—activity which would have taken place on Friday—and that afterward “they rested on the Sabbath [the normal weekly Sabbath day, observed Friday sunset to Saturday sunset] according to the commandment.”

By comparing details in both accounts, we can clearly see that two different Sabbaths are mentioned along with a workday in between. The first Sabbath was a “high day”—the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which fell on a Thursday. The second was the weekly seventh-day Sabbath.

We have seen, then, that Jesus Christ was crucified and entombed on a Wednesday, just before an annual Sabbath began—not the weekly Sabbath. So when was He resurrected?

John 20:1, as noted earlier, tells us that “on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.” The sun had not yet risen— “it was still dark,” John tells us—when Mary found the tomb empty.

Obviously, then, Jesus was not resurrected at sunrise on Sunday morning. So when did this take place? The answer is plain if we simply read the Gospels—and Jesus Christ's own words—and accept them for what they say.

“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth,” said Jesus (Matthew 12:40).

As we have proven, Jesus was entombed —placed “in the heart of the earth”—just before sundown on a Wednesday. All we have to do is count forward. One day and one night brings us to Thursday at sundown. Another day and night brings us to Friday at sundown. A third day and night brings us to Saturday at sundown.

According to Jesus Christ's own words He would have been resurrected three days and nights after He was entombed, at around the same time—near sunset. Does this fit with the Scriptures? Yes—as we have seen, He was already risen and the tomb empty when Mary arrived “while it was still dark” on Sunday morning.

While no one was around to witness His resurrection (which took place inside a sealed tomb watched over by armed guards), Jesus Christ's own words and the details recorded in the Gospels show that it had to have happened three days and three nights after His burial, near sunset at the end of the weekly Sabbath.

Try as you might, it is impossible to fit three days and three nights between a late Friday burial and a Sunday morning resurrection. The Good Friday–Easter Sunday tradition simply isn't true or biblical. But when we look at all the details recorded in the Gospels and compare them with Jesus' own words, we can see the truth—and it matches perfectly.

The words of the angel of God, who so startled the women at the empty tomb, are proven true: “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said” (Matthew 28:5-6)

Let's not cling to religious traditions and ideas that aren't supported by Scripture. Be sure that your own beliefs and practices are firmly rooted in the Bible. Are you willing to make a commitment to worship God according to biblical truth rather than human tradition?

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,08:00)

WHAT DAY DID JESUS DIE?

WHAT DAY DID JESUS RISE?

No WJ,
    Scripture is clear that this was a preparation day for a high Sabbath! When you understand it, it will be clear to you also.

I am not following after any church. I read Scripture and see what it says. So if it looks like I agree with the WWC so be it, but I do not study their doctrine, never have. Ner will I either. It didn't work for Mrs. so why would I even go there.
    Laurel

Messiah is the one who said “Are there not twelve hours in a day?

Why don't you believe Him? It is what we are supposed to do.

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 24 2007,16:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,08:00)

WHAT DAY DID JESUS DIE?

WHAT DAY DID JESUS RISE?

No WJ,
    Scripture is clear that this was a preparation day for a high Sabbath!  When you understand it, it will be clear to you also.

I am not following after any church. I read Scripture and see what
    it says.  So if it looks like I agree with the WWC so be it, but I do not study their doctrine, never have. Ner will I either. It didn't work for Mrs. so why would I even go there.

Laurel

Why don't you believe Him?  It is what we are supposed to do.

Laural

You say…

Why don't you believe Him?  It is what we are supposed to do.

I do. But I dont believe you. Especially when you deny all the other scriptures that disagree with you.

Mark 16:1: “Now WHEN THE SABBATH WAS PAST, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”

Since Jesus' body was placed in the tombJUST BEFORE that “HIGH DAY” Sabbath began, the women had no time to buy those spices BEFORE the Sabbath. Also, they could not have purchased them on the Sabbath day, as shops were closed. Thus, Mark says, they bought the spices AFTER the Sabbath— “when the Sabbath was past.”

In Luke 23:55-56: “And the women who had come with [Christ] from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid. Then they returned and PREPARED spices and fragrant oils. And THEY RESTED on the Sabbath ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT(THIS IS THE shabbath..Saturday)”

So Mark CLEARLY states that the women bought the spices [AFTER] the Sabbath—”WHEN THE SABBATH WAS PAST.”

Luke tells us that the women prepared the spices and fragrant oils, AFTER which “they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

So they bought the spices [AFTER] the Sabbath, and then they prepared the spices BEFORE RESTING ON  the Sabbath. This is a clear contradiction between these two Gospel accounts—UNLESS 2 Sabbaths were involved!

INDEED there were 2 SABBATHS here.

Jesus died before the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread 'according to the SCRIPTURE' , which fell on a Thursday. But REMEMBER THIS ANNUAL SABBATH can fall on ANY DAYS OF THE WEEK!

It is so CLEAR from the scriptures that Jesus Christ was crucified and entombed JUST BEFORE  an annual Sabbath began—not the weekly Sabbath.

If you truly UNDERSTAND THIS THERE WOULD BE NO CONFUSION what day he died and was resurrected.

Thurday was a “highday” Sabbath of unleaven bread the women could not buy anything on this day according to the gospel of Mark and LUKE, THEREFORE the women had a ONE DAY gap BETWEEN the ANNUAL Sabbath and the WEEKLY SABBATH Saturday. So on Friday they prepared the spices {BEFORE} resting “ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT”

Therefore having a clear understanding on this event alone, Christ died on WEDNESDAY {before} the HIGH DAY annual(yearly) sabbath days.

Literally speaking there is no way anyone can get friday and BEFORE the sun rise on sunday 3 days anyways..it's perversion.

Christ died before the annual sabbath began and he was resurrected sometime on the Sabbath BEFORE SUNRISE SUNDAY.

John CLEARLY STATES (20:1) “on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, WHILE IT WAS STILL DARK, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.” The sun had not yet risen— “it was still dark,”

John tells us— Mary found the tomb empty. Therefore, he was already risen BEFORE SUNRISE, bEFORE Sunday the Lord Jesus was risen on the Sabbath. It is ONLY RIGHT for the scriptures to  fit perfectly well, with what Christ alone had said, 3 days, 3 nights and that he too IS LORD OF the Sabbath also, YAWEH is Perfect, HE timed everything as perfect as can be. he glorified Yeshua by resurrecting him on the Sabbath, this is the sign for all men that we too can rest on the Sabbath as Yeshua was risen by his Father on this Day. It is why the Sabbath is in God's 10C, we need to observe it till heaven and earth pass away, we are still looking forward for this heavenly rest, therefore this holy day is our heavenly rest on earth for now. We glorify God by following his commandment, worshipping him on his Holy day he sanctified from the beginning and by raising our savior Jesus Christ on the Sabbath. God works in Pattern. Yeshua is the perfect pattern of the OT AND the NT, he did not oblished what God had made Perfect and sanctified from the beginning he FULFILLED IT.

Happy Sabbath day everyone!!!!

IM4Truth
    Participant

seeking the truth I can't read your post because the blue color hurts my eyes, if you can would you change that, pretty please?

Peace and Love Mrs.

okie dokie Mrs..Just for you! hehe

Mark 16:1: “Now WHEN THE SABBATH WAS PAST, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.”

Since Jesus' body was placed in the tombJUST BEFORE that “HIGH DAY” Sabbath began, the women had no time to buy those spices BEFORE the Sabbath. Also, they could not have purchased them on the Sabbath day, as shops were closed. Thus, Mark says, they bought the spices AFTER the Sabbath— “when the Sabbath was past.”

In Luke 23:55-56: “And the women who had come with [Christ] from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid. Then they returned and PREPARED spices and fragrant oils. And THEY RESTED on the Sabbath ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT(THIS IS THE shabbath..Saturday)”

So Mark CLEARLY states that the women bought the spices [AFTER] the Sabbath—”WHEN THE SABBATH WAS PAST.”

Luke tells us that the women prepared the spices and fragrant oils, AFTER which “they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.”

So they bought the spices [AFTER] the Sabbath, and then they prepared the spices BEFORE RESTING ON  the Sabbath. This is a clear contradiction between these two Gospel accounts—UNLESS 2 Sabbaths were involved!

INDEED there were 2 SABBATHS here.

Jesus died before the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread 'according to the SCRIPTURE' , which fell on a Thursday. But REMEMBER THIS ANNUAL SABBATH can fall on ANY DAYS OF THE WEEK!

It is so CLEAR from the scriptures that Jesus Christ was crucified and entombed JUST BEFORE  an annual Sabbath began—not the weekly Sabbath.

If you truly UNDERSTAND THIS THERE WOULD BE NO CONFUSION what day he died and was resurrected.

Thurday was a “highday” Sabbath of unleaven bread the women could not buy anything on this day according to the gospel of Mark and LUKE, THEREFORE the women had a ONE DAY gap BETWEEN the ANNUAL Sabbath and the WEEKLY SABBATH Saturday. So on Friday they prepared the spices {BEFORE} resting “ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT”

Therefore having a clear understanding on this event alone, Christ died on WEDNESDAY {before} the HIGH DAY annual(yearly) sabbath days.

Literally speaking there is no way anyone can get friday and BEFORE the sun rise on sunday 3 days anyways..it's perversion.

Christ died before the annual sabbath began and he was resurrected sometime on the Sabbath BEFORE SUNRISE SUNDAY.

John CLEARLY STATES (20:1) “on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, WHILE IT WAS STILL DARK, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.” The sun had not yet risen— “it was still dark,”

John tells us— Mary found the tomb empty. Therefore, he was already risen BEFORE SUNRISE, bEFORE Sunday the Lord Jesus was risen on the Sabbath. It is ONLY RIGHT for the scriptures to  fit perfectly well, with what Christ alone had said, 3 days, 3 nights and that he too IS LORD OF the Sabbath also, YAWEH is Perfect, HE timed everything as perfect as can be. he glorified Yeshua by resurrecting him on the Sabbath, this is the sign for all men that we too can rest on the Sabbath as Yeshua was risen by his Father on this Day. It is why the Sabbath is in God's 10C, we need to observe it till heaven and earth pass away, we are still looking forward for this heavenly rest, therefore this holy day is our heavenly rest on earth for now. We glorify God by following his commandment, worshipping him on his Holy day he sanctified from the beginning and by raising our savior Jesus Christ on the Sabbath. God works in Pattern. Yeshua is the perfect pattern of the OT AND the NT, he did not oblished what God had made Perfect and sanctified from the beginning he FULFILLED IT.

Happy Sabbath day Mrs!!!!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Happy Sabbath day to you too. Thank you for changing the color. I already knew about the annual Sabbath since we used to keep all the feast's in the W.W.C. of God. So I agree with you here. I hope that clears up some confusions some have.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Participant

Hi SeekingTruth:

I believe that you are correct in what you are stating in that Jesus is our Passover lamb.  However, Jesus stated that he would be in the heart of the earth 3 days and 3 nights, and so when did the actual resurrection take place.  He was not in the tomb on Sunday morning.

If my understanding is correct, Wed. at 6PM to Thurs. 6PM = 1night and 1 day, Thurs. 6PM to Friday 6PM = the 2nd night and 2nd day, Friday 6PM to Sat. 6PM = 3 rd night and 3rd day and so sometime before dawn on the first day of the week? Between 6PM Sat night and 6AM Sunday Morning?

Thanks for your help and God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account