The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……..All three of your question are simple , all three of those thing are to (REFLECT) OR IMAGE GOD. What is so difficult about that to you?. GOD (MADE) us to refelct or (IMAGE) Him to be LIKE Him and is empowering us to become that. I don't see you problem here? O, an by the way it is not Created (past tense ) in Hebrew but should be read “GOD is CREATING Them in his image”> Showing an ongoing process , When we have we reach that goal we will be exactly like Jesus who is now the expressed IMAGE or reflection of GOD. IMO

peace and love……………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 24 2011,07:26)
    Terricca……..All three of your question are simple , all three of those thing are to (REFLECT) OR IMAGE GOD. What is so difficult about that to you?. GOD (MADE) us to refelct or (IMAGE) Him to be LIKE Him and is empowering us to become that. I don't see you problem here? O, an by the way it is not Created (past tense ) in Hebrew but should be read “GOD is CREATING Them in his image”> Showing an ongoing process , When we have we reach that goal we will be exactly like Jesus who is now the expressed IMAGE or reflection of GOD. IMO

peace and love……………………………………………gene

Gene

i guess i have to take your word for it ????

that would be following men ,NO??

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,22:32)
    Mike

the reason why i believe our soul is the spirit that God gives out to all is creature angel ,man ,and beast but all according to his will ,

Hi Pierre,

Jesus says to fear Him who can throw the soul into Gehenna, where the fire never goes out, and the worms never die.

Now if the spirit goes back to God, then how can He throw that spirit into Gehenna?  And why would it matter to us if He did?  If it leaves us and goes back to God, then why would we care anymore where He throws it?

Get my point?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 24 2011,19:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,22:32)
    Mike

the reason why i believe our soul is the spirit that God gives out to all is creature angel ,man ,and beast but all according to his will ,

Hi Pierre,

Jesus says to fear Him who can throw the soul into Gehenna, where the fire never goes out, and the worms never die.

Now if the spirit goes back to God, then how can He throw that spirit into Gehenna?  And why would it matter to us if He did?  If it leaves us and goes back to God, then why would we care anymore where He throws it?

Get my point?

mike

Mike

i believe that all people that ever lived will be in either the first or the second resurrection,and only wen we would be judge by our own making ,and then and only then God will trow into the lake of fire anyone who has been found rebel against the Holy spirit.

so the only thing we have to care about is ,are we looking for the first or for the second resurrection, we should grab this live gift of knowing God and his son, to love God and obey him.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I was pointing out that both soul and spirit are words used to refer to the soul.  I believe in some cases the opposite may also be true.  In either case the context of the usage should make it clear which is being spoken about if you understand the context.

I demonstrated by the context of Jesus words that he was talking about his soul and not his spirit when he commended it to God.   Our Spirit is merely our chosen guide while our soul is the essential us.

I believe I am agreeing with you overall on this topic.   The soul is the life given spirit of a human being because when it departs or is taken away life also goed.

This all is clear in the scriptures I quoted.  Some of the scriptures may be speaking of Gehenna instead of Hades.  That is not clear as I am not sure what “pit” is defined as.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 24 2011,22:04)
    Pierre,

I was pointing out that both soul and spirit are words used to refer to the soul.  I believe in some cases the opposite may also be true.  In either case the context of the usage should make it clear which is being spoken about if you understand the context.

I demonstrated by the context of Jesus words that he was talking about his soul and not his spirit when he commended it to God.   Our Spirit is merely our chosen guide while our soul is the essential us.

I believe I am agreeing with you overall on this topic.   The soul is the life given spirit of a human being because when it departs or is taken away life also goed.

This all is clear in the scriptures I quoted.  Some of the scriptures may be speaking of Gehenna instead of Hades.  That is not clear as I am not sure what “pit” is defined as.

Kerwin

i am glad you can see the truth of scriptures ,on this;

as for the “pit” or Sheol and Hades,grave all the same;

the Gehenna on the other hand is a punishing place;

the others are the resting place for the body of flesh.

after a man dies there are two options the first resurrection or the second resurection,

but scriptures already says that the first resurrection is for the ones who died in Christ or for the truth of God ,

all others will be in the second resurrection and we also know that those will go trough a trial time with Satan released,

so let work toward the first resurrection with all our soul ,now.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

I became curious when studying the use of the “word” soul in scripture as it spoke of the soul as it mention both the grave and the pit in relationship to the soul. I looked up the Hebrew word translated to “pit” in the Hebrew lexicon at searchgodsword.org and discovered it is “shachath” and is defined as:

1.pit, destruction, grave
    a.pit (for catching lions)
    a.pit (of Hell)

The words it is translated to in the KJV and NASV are:

Corruption, destruction, ditch, grave, pit, dungeon, hole,and undergo decay.

Some King James Scriptures that use it are:

Job 17:14

I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou art my mother, and my sister.

Job 33:18

He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:22

Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:24

Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit:I have found a ransom.

Job 33:28

He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

Job 33:30

To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Ps 16:10

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Ps 30:9

What profit is there in my blood, whenI go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?

Ps 35:7

For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.

Ps 49:9

That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

Ps 55:23

But thou,O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; butI will trust in thee.

Ps 94:13

That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Ps 103:4

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

I wonder if it is the synonym of Gehenna?

Any comments based on scripture appreciated.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 25 2011,03:43)
    To all,

I became curious when studying the use of the “word” soul in scripture as it spoke of the soul as it mention both the grave and the pit in relationship to the soul.   I looked up the Hebrew word translated to “pit” in the Hebrew lexicon at searchgodsword.org and discovered it is “shachath” and is defined as:

1.pit, destruction, grave
    a.pit (for catching lions)
    a.pit (of Hell)

The words it is translated to in the KJV and NASV are:

Corruption, destruction, ditch, grave, pit, dungeon, hole,and undergo decay.

Some King James Scriptures that use it are:

Job 17:14

I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou art my mother, and my sister.

Job 33:18

He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:22

Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:24

Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit:I have found a ransom.

Job 33:28

He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

Job 33:30

To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Ps 30:9

What profit is there in my blood, whenI go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?

Ps 35:7

For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.

Ps 49:9

That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

Ps 55:23

But thou,O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; butI will trust in thee.

Ps 94:13

That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Ps 103:4

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Kerwin

today in English they call it under 6' of dirt

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

kerwin

You have shown many scriptures that talk about the destruction of the soul, what is it that keeps the soul alive?

Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

So, if inhaling air keeps the soul alive, and if you stop breathing you return to the dust; how can your soul be anything but your body?
    Can your spirit or mind turn to dust?
    When your body dies, does your spirit/mind die also?
    Jesus said, fear him who can destroy both, body and soul/spirit/mind.
    Can you see were body and soul are used interchangeable?
    The same is true for soul, spirit and mind; I guess it depends on the interpreter.

The first time we die only the body will be destroyed, the second time will be in “GEHENNA”, meaning, “HELLFIRE”. Hell, meaning grave; fire, meaning total destruction; do you see why Jesus said in Gehenna, second death, both, your body/soul and your soul/spirit/mind will be destroyed?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………….God can destory your Body and as a result YOUR SOUL is destroyed also (IN) the GRAVE> Just as Jesus was saying. They word Hell mentioned there is indeed GRAVE. When you die you are gone for ever and cease to function as a Soul because your (BODY) is dead. Your thoughts PARISH, you are no longer a (LIVING SOUL) or BEING and therefore “YOU” No longer exist. Unless God reconstructs a BODY with your (EXACT) DNA and add Spirit Back into it you will eternally be dead a Non ACTIVE BEING of any kind. “FOR EVER HAIR OF YOU HEAD IS NUMBERED”, For what purpose is it not to reconstruct you again ?.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 24 2011,07:37)
    Kerwin

today in English they call it under 6' of dirt

:D :laugh: :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 24 2011,03:43)

Hi Kerwin,

Have at it!  :)

(Ge‧hen′na) [Gr. form of the Heb. Geh Hin‧nom′, “Valley of Hinnom”].
    This name appears 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and whereas many translators take the liberty to render it by the word “hell,” a number of modern translations transliterate the word from the Greek ge′en‧na.—Mt 5:22, Ro, Mo, ED, NW, BC (Spanish), NC (Spanish), also the footnotes of Da and RS.
    The deep, narrow Valley of Hinnom, later known by this Greek name, lay to the S and SW of ancient Jerusalem and is the modern-day Wadi er-Rababi (Ge Ben Hinnom). (Jos 15:8; 18:16; Jer 19:2, 6; see HINNOM, VALLEY OF.) Judean Kings Ahaz and Manasseh engaged in idolatrous worship there, which included the making of human sacrifices by fire to Baal. (2Ch 28:1, 3; 33:1, 6; Jer 7:31, 32; 32:35) Later, to prevent such activities there in the future, faithful King Josiah had the place of idolatrous worship polluted, particularly the section called Topheth.—2Ki 23:10.
    No Symbol of Everlasting Torment. Jesus Christ associated fire with Gehenna (Mt 5:22; 18:9; Mr 9:47, 48), as did the disciple James, the only Biblical writer besides Matthew, Mark, and Luke to use the word. (Jas 3:6) Some commentators endeavor to link such fiery characteristic of Gehenna with the burning of human sacrifices that was carried on prior to Josiah’s reign and, on this basis, hold that Gehenna was used by Jesus as a symbol of everlasting torment. However, since Jehovah God expressed repugnance for such practice, saying that it was “a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart” (Jer 7:31; 32:35), it seems most unlikely that God’s Son, in discussing divine judgment, would make such idolatrous practice the basis for the symbolic meaning of Gehenna. It may be noted that God prophetically decreed that the Valley of Hinnom would serve as a place for mass disposal of dead bodies rather than for the torture of live victims. (Jer 7:32, 33; 19:2, 6, 7, 10, 11) Thus, at Jeremiah 31:40 the reference to “the low plain of the carcasses and of the fatty ashes” is generally accepted as designating the Valley of Hinnom, and a gate known as “the Gate of the Ash-heaps” evidently opened out onto the eastern extremity of the valley at its juncture with the ravine of the Kidron. (Ne 3:13, 14) It seems obvious that such “carcasses” and “fatty ashes” are not related to the human sacrifices made there under Ahaz and Manasseh, since any bodies so offered would doubtless be viewed by the idolaters as “sacred” and would not be left lying in the valley.
    Therefore, the Biblical evidence concerning Gehenna generally parallels the traditional view presented by rabbinic and other sources. That view is that the Valley of Hinnom was used as a place for the disposal of waste matter from the city of  Jerusalem. (At Mt 5:30 Ph renders ge′en‧na as “rubbish heap.”) Concerning “Gehinnom,” the Jewish commentator David Kimhi (1160-1235?), in his comment on Psalm 27:13, gives the following historical information: “And it is a place in the land adjoining Jerusalem, and it is a loathsome place, and they throw there unclean things and carcasses. Also there was a continual fire there to burn the unclean things and the bones of the carcasses. Hence, the judgment of the wicked ones is called parabolically Gehinnom.”
    Symbolic of Complete Destruction. It is evident that Jesus used Gehenna as representative of utter destruction resulting from adverse judgment by God, hence with no resurrection to life as a soul being possible. (Mt 10:28; Lu 12:4, 5) The scribes and Pharisees as a wicked class were denounced as ‘subjects for Gehenna.’ (Mt 23:13-15, 33) To avoid such destruction, Jesus’ followers were to get rid of anything causing spiritual stumbling, the ‘cutting off of a hand or foot’ and the ‘tearing out of an eye’ figuratively representing their deadening of these body members with reference to sin.—Mt 18:9; Mr 9:43-47; Col 3:5; compare Mt 5:27-30.
    Jesus also apparently alluded to Isaiah 66:24 in describing Gehenna as a place “where their maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.” (Mr 9:47, 48) That the symbolic picture here is not one of torture but, rather, of complete destruction is evident from the fact that the Isaiah text dealt, not with persons who were alive, but with “the carcasses of the men that were transgressing” against God. If, as the available evidence indicates, the Valley of Hinnom was a place for the disposal of garbage and carcasses, fire, perhaps increased in intensity by the addition of sulfur (compare Isa 30:33), would be the only suitable means to eliminate such refuse. Where the fire did not reach, worms, or maggots, would breed, consuming anything not destroyed by the fire. On this basis, Jesus’ words would mean that the destructive effect of God’s adverse judgment would not cease until complete destruction was attained.
    Figurative Use. The disciple James’ use of the word “Gehenna” shows that an unruly tongue is itself a world of unrighteousness and that one’s whole round of living can be affected by fiery words that defile the speaker’s body. The tongue of such a one, “full of death-dealing poison” and so giving evidence of a bad heart condition, can cause the user to be sentenced by God to go to the symbolic Gehenna.—Jas 3:6, 8; compare Mt 12:37; Ps 5:9; 140:3; Ro 3:13.
    The Biblical use of Gehenna as a symbol corresponds to that of “the lake of fire” in the book of Revelation.—Re 20:14, 15; see LAKE OF FIRE.

From Watchtower Publications.

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….The JW's have it wrong too. The word Hell is simply GRAVE not some everlasting fire , there is no such thing as an everlasting Fire, in a literial sense even our sun will eventually burn out. You confusing Literal language with Symbolic language and manipulating them to fit you personal dogmas. God does not plan to throw anyone into a LITERAL LAKE of ETERNAL FIRE> Pure pagan teachings. IMO

peace and love………………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

Please read 1 Kings 17:17-23 and you will see that the prophet Elijah pleads with God to let the soul of the boy “soul come into” the boy’s body. We learn that the soul cannot be the body and the body lives when the soul reenters it. It seems clear that the soul is also called the breath of God and that the soul is not the body. It could be the soul is accompanied by the breath of life instead of them being the same. I cannot see how the body can “soul come into” itself.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 25 2011,19:08)
    Georg,

Please read 1 Kings 17:17-23 and you will see that the prophet Elijah pleads with God to let the soul of the boy “soul come into” the boy’s body.  We learn that the soul cannot be the body and the body lives when the soul reenters it.  It seems clear that the soul is also called the breath of God and that the soul is not the body.   It could be the soul is accompanied by the breath of life instead of them being the same.  I cannot see how the body can “soul come into” itself.

Kerwin! Those Scriptures remind me of this Scripture in

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When the body is dead, the Spirit goes back to God who gave it. Now does that mean the Spirit is the Soul? I don't think so.

In some scriptures it is the Spirit, but in others it is not. Another one that is the body is in

Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

I don't think the Spirit eats or gets fat, do you?

I went all through the Psalms and most are IMO Spirit.

Psa 26:9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
    This I believe is the body.
    Psa 41:4 I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

this I believe is the Spirit….
    Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 26 2011,02:34)

Georg,

Please read 1 Kings 17:17-23 and you will see that the prophet Elijah pleads with God to let the soul of the boy “soul come into” the boy’s body.  We learn that the soul cannot be the body and the body lives when the soul reenters it.  It seems clear that the soul is also called the breath of God and that the soul is not the body.   It could be the soul is accompanied by the breath of life instead of them being the same.  I cannot see how the body can “soul come into” itself.

Kerwin!  Those Scriptures remind me of this Scripture in

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

When the body is dead, the Spirit goes back to God who gave it.  Now does that mean the Spirit is the Soul?  I don't think so.

In some scriptures it is the Spirit, but in others it is not.  Another one that is the body is in

Pro 11:25   The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.  

Psa 26:9   Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:  
    Psa 41:4   I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene

your translation seems out of reality ,this is the copy of the LXX version;;
    Chapter 11 of Proverbs

11:1 False balances are an abomination before the Lord: but a just weight is acceptable unto him. 2 Wherever pride enters, there will be also disgrace: but the mouth of the lowly meditates wisdom. 3 When a just man dies he leaves regret: but the destruction of the ungodly is speedy, and causes joy. 4 5 Righteousness traces out blameless paths: but ungodliness encounters unjust dealing.

6 The righteousness of upright men delivers them: but transgressors are caught in their own destruction. 7 At the death of a just man his hope does not perish: but the boast of the ungodly perishes. 8 A righteous man escapes from a snare, and the ungodly man is delivered up in his place. 9 In the mouth of ungodly men is a snare to citizens: but the understanding of righteous men is prosperous. 10 In the prosperity of righteous men a city prospers: 11 but by the mouth of ungodly men it is overthrown.

12 A man void of understanding sneers at his fellow citizens: but a sensible man is quiet. 13 A double-tongued man discloses the secret counsels of an assembly: but he that is faithful in spirit conceals matters. 14 They that have no guidance fall like leaves: but in much counsel there is safety.

15 A bad man does harm wherever he meets a just man: and he hates the sound of safety. 16 A gracious wife brings glory to her husband: but a woman hating righteousness is a theme of dishonour. The slothful come to want: but the diligent support themselves with wealth. 17 A merciful man does good to his own soul: but the merciless destroys his own body.

18 An ungodly man performs unrighteous works: but the seed of the righteous is a reward of truth. 19 A righteous son is born for life: but the persecution of the ungodly ends in death. 20 Perverse ways are an abomination to the Lord: but all they that are blameless in their ways are acceptable to him. 21 He that unjustly strikes hands shall not be unpunished: but he that sows righteousness he shall receive a faithful reward. 22 As an ornament in a swine’s snout, so is beauty to an ill-minded women. 23 All the desire of the righteous is good: but the hope of the ungodly shall perish.

24 There are some who scatter their own, and make it more: and there are some also who gather, yet have less. 25 Every sincere soul is blessed: but a passionate man is not graceful. 26 May he that hoards corn leave it to the nation: but blessing be on the head of him that gives it. 27 He that devises good counsels seeks good favour: but as for him that seeks after evil, evil shall overtake him. 28 He that trusts in wealth shall fall; but he that helps righteous men shall rise. 29 He that deals not graciously with his own house shall inherit the wind; and the fool shall be servant to the wise man. 30 Out of the fruit of righteousness grows a tree of life; but the souls of transgressors are cut off before their time. 31 If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

I do not see the words you see ,why is that ??
    this is a much older version,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Irene

you also forget that all what the body does it does it because the soul made it do it,

the body by it self can not do anything,

the body is the means by witch the soul execut its will,this is why the soul will go into judgement not the body.

Gene ;2; 4 This is the book of the generation of heaven and earth, when they were made, in the day in which the Lord God made the heaven and the earth, 5 and every herb of the field before it was on the earth, and all the grass of the field before it sprang up, for God had not rained on the earth, and there was not a man to cultivate it. 6 But there rose a fountain out of the earth, and watered the whole face of the earth. 7 And God formed the man of dust of the earth, and breathed upon his face the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.

in verse 7 it says that Adam became a living SOUL after he received a breath of life ,right

TELL ME JUST BEFORE HE RECEIVE THAT BREATH OF LIVE WHAT WAS ADAM ??

1)WAS HE A SOUL OR DID HE NOT EXIST ??
    2)WAS HE CREATED AND WAS IN POSESSION OF HIS SOUL AND BODY BUT COUL NOT MOVE BECAUSE HE WAS MISSING THE BREATH OF LIVE ,JUST AS WE ALL RECEIVE WEN WE COMMING INto THIS WORLD??

please i do not screem on you ,just make it more importante.

wen it talks about the soul in scriptures it talk about the spirit of the person the will of the person,the power of that person ,the desirs of that person,

the flesh body has no power on it own,the first dead is of the body because of Adam sin.

the second dead will be for the refusal of our soul to accept Christ spirit and so ,to be saved.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 25 2011,19:45)

Georg,

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

When the body is dead, the Spirit goes back to God who gave it.  Now does that mean the Spirit is the Soul?  I don't think so.

In some scriptures it is the Spirit, but in others it is not.  Another one that is the body is in

Pro 11:25   The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.  

Psa 41:4   I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Chapter 11 of Proverbs

11:1 False balances are an abomination before the Lord: but a just weight is acceptable unto him. 2 Wherever pride enters, there will be also disgrace: but the mouth of the lowly meditates wisdom. 3 When a just man dies he leaves regret: but the destruction of the ungodly is speedy, and causes joy. 4 5 Righteousness traces out blameless paths: but ungodliness encounters unjust dealing.

6 The righteousness of upright men delivers them: but transgressors are caught in their own destruction. 7 At the death of a just man his hope does not perish: but the boast of the ungodly perishes. 8 A righteous man escapes from a snare, and the ungodly man is delivered up in his place. 9 In the mouth of ungodly men is a snare to citizens: but the understanding of righteous men is prosperous. 10 In the prosperity of righteous men a city prospers: 11 but by the mouth of ungodly men it is overthrown.

12 A man void of understanding sneers at his fellow citizens: but a sensible man is quiet. 13 A double-tongued man discloses the secret counsels of an assembly: but he that is faithful in spirit conceals matters. 14 They that have no guidance fall like leaves: but in much counsel there is safety.

15 A bad man does harm wherever he meets a just man: and he hates the sound of safety. 16 A gracious wife brings glory to her husband: but a woman hating righteousness is a theme of dishonour. The slothful come to want: but the diligent support themselves with wealth. 17 A merciful man does good to his own soul: but the merciless destroys his own body.

18 An ungodly man performs unrighteous works: but the seed of the righteous is a reward of truth. 19 A righteous son is born for life: but the persecution of the ungodly ends in death. 20 Perverse ways are an abomination to the Lord: but all they that are blameless in their ways are acceptable to him. 21 He that unjustly strikes hands shall not be unpunished: but he that sows righteousness he shall receive a faithful reward. 22 As an ornament in a swine’s snout, so is beauty to an ill-minded women. 23 All the desire of the righteous is good: but the hope of the ungodly shall perish.

24 There are some who scatter their own, and make it more: and there are some also who gather, yet have less. 25 Every sincere soul is blessed: but a passionate man is not graceful. 26 May he that hoards corn leave it to the nation: but blessing be on the head of him that gives it. 27 He that devises good counsels seeks good favour: but as for him that seeks after evil, evil shall overtake him. 28 He that trusts in wealth shall fall; but he that helps righteous men shall rise. 29 He that deals not graciously with his own house shall inherit the wind; and the fool shall be servant to the wise man. 30 Out of the fruit of righteousness grows a tree of life; but the souls of transgressors are cut off before their time. 31 If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Pierre

No Pierre! This is what the NIV says on the Internet

Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

My King James says this
    The generous Soul will be made rich. And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Our NIV says this
    A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others, will himself be refreshed.

Our James Moffatt says this
    A liberal Soul will be enriched, and He who waters, will himself be watered.

Our Catholic Bible says this
    He who confers benefits will be amply enriched, and he who refreshes will himself be refreshed.

Now that is not even funny. Now I wonder if this is the case in most Scriptures. I tell you what from now on I will check all scriptures.
    I sure opened a can of worms….

Peace Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 25 2011,20:06)
    Irene

you also forget that all what the body does it does it because the soul made it do it,

the body by it self can not do anything,

the body is the means by witch the soul execut its will,this is why the soul will go into judgement not the body.

Gene ;2; 4 This is the book of the generation of heaven and earth, when they were made, in the day in which the Lord God made the heaven and the earth, 5 and every herb of the field before it was on the earth, and all the grass of the field before it sprang up, for God had not rained on the earth, and there was not a man to cultivate it. 6 But there rose a fountain out of the earth, and watered the whole face of the earth. 7 And God formed the man of dust of the earth, and breathed upon his face the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.

in verse 7 it says that Adam became a living SOUL after he received a breath of life ,right

TELL ME JUST BEFORE HE RECEIVE THAT BREATH OF LIVE WHAT WAS ADAM ??

1)WAS HE A SOUL OR DID HE NOT EXIST ??
    2)WAS HE CREATED AND WAS IN POSESSION OF HIS SOUL AND BODY BUT COUL NOT MOVE BECAUSE HE WAS MISSING THE BREATH OF LIVE ,JUST AS WE ALL RECEIVE WEN WE COMMING INto THIS WORLD??

please i do not screem on you ,just make it more importante.

wen it talks about the soul in scriptures it talk about the spirit of the person the will of the person,the power of that person ,the desirs of that person,

the flesh body has no power on it own,the first dead is of the body because of Adam sin.

the second dead will be for  the refusal of our soul to accept Christ spirit and so ,to be saved.

Pierre

Pierre, you make statement that are not true, and I for one don't appreciate that. I have said that in the Psalms it is mostly the Soul is Spirit. And because of the Internets version, have said that that scripture is the body, because the Soul itself does not get fat.
    You should have first questioned me rather then jumping to a conclusion, of how i am out of reality. i quoted what I saw, and not out of my mind. It is what it said.
    Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 26 2011,08:08)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 25 2011,19:45)

Georg,

Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Chapter 11 of Proverbs

Pierre

No Pierre! This is what the NIV says on the Internet

My King James says this
    The generous Soul will be made rich.  And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Our NIV says this
    A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others, will himself be refreshed.

Our James Moffatt says this
    A liberal Soul will be enriched, and He who waters, will himself be watered.

Our Catholic Bible says this
    He who confers benefits will be amply  enriched, and he who refreshes will himself be refreshed.

Now that is not even funny.  Now I wonder if this is the case in most Scriptures.  I tell you what from now on I will check all scriptures.  
    I sure opened a can of worms….

Peace Irene

Irene

this is NIV 1984 edition this is my daily version.

Pr 11:25 A generous man will prosper;
    he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account