The Peshitta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 26 2013,13:15)

Quote (Lightenup @ May 25 2013,00:16)
    Again, Jesus is Jehovah our Righteousness!! Amen

So is Israel!!  Amen.

Thanks for realizing that Jesus is Jehovah Our Righteousness! Israel is named this because they are the recipients of His righteousness. There is also a place named 'Jehovah our Provider' because that was a place where Jehovah provided the ram in the thicket as the sacrifice instead of Isaac. Having a group or place named Jehovah our… Is different than havin a theos named that.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2013,05:57)

Quote (kerwin @ May 27 2013,05:28)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2013,18:40)

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2013,12:23)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2013,07:05)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2013,16:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2013,07:07)

Quote (kerwin @ May 23 2013,22:42)
    Jesus' words you are referring to are the fruit of the Spirit and for that reason are of God.  I look at his doctrinal words differently.  He speaks them as he is carried along by the spirit.  Jesus' words are never the fruits of the flesh.

Really Kerwin?

You think the words, “Please Father, take this cup away from me” represent the fruit of the Spirit – and not the fruit of a flesh man who was afraid of the pain and suffering he was about to go through?

I disagree.

Mike,

I  hear you but Scripture speaks of only the flesh and the Spirit.  There is no third option.

Kerwin

the spirit of men ; is wicked and corrupt this means his mind and heart ;why because he does not learn the things that god provide to be change in his ways ;the fruit of the Spirit

means THE FRUITS OF GODS SPIRIT ;NOT AN OTHER SPIRIT

AND BY APPLYING THOSE TEACHINGS TO OUR SELVES WE DO NOT

DO THE THINGS TO SATISFY THE FLESH (OUR OWN EGO)

AND SO BECOME RIGHTEOUS LIKE DANIEL AND JOSEPH AND JEREMY PEOPLE THAT WALK IN GODS WAY WAY NOT THEIR OWN ;

SO YOUR INTERPRETATION IS SHORT OF TRUTH

T,

How does what just wrote disagree with what I am writing?

kerwin

because their are two spirits not one my friend.

T,

Then why is it written that there is only one.

Kerwin

their is the spirit of truth what is of God and their is the spirit of adversary or opposed to the truth of God ,

like their are two ways in live to walk into ;1) live and 2) dead

T,

That I agree with.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 27 2013,11:22)

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2013,05:57)

Quote (kerwin @ May 27 2013,05:28)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2013,18:40)

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2013,12:23)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2013,07:05)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2013,16:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2013,07:07)

Quote (kerwin @ May 23 2013,22:42)
    Jesus' words you are referring to are the fruit of the Spirit and for that reason are of God.  I look at his doctrinal words differently.  He speaks them as he is carried along by the spirit.  Jesus' words are never the fruits of the flesh.

Really Kerwin?

You think the words, “Please Father, take this cup away from me” represent the fruit of the Spirit – and not the fruit of a flesh man who was afraid of the pain and suffering he was about to go through?

I disagree.

Mike,

I  hear you but Scripture speaks of only the flesh and the Spirit.  There is no third option.

Kerwin

the spirit of men ; is wicked and corrupt this means his mind and heart ;why because he does not learn the things that god provide to be change in his ways ;the fruit of the Spirit

means THE FRUITS OF GODS SPIRIT ;NOT AN OTHER SPIRIT

AND BY APPLYING THOSE TEACHINGS TO OUR SELVES WE DO NOT

DO THE THINGS TO SATISFY THE FLESH (OUR OWN EGO)

AND SO BECOME RIGHTEOUS LIKE DANIEL AND JOSEPH AND JEREMY PEOPLE THAT WALK IN GODS WAY WAY NOT THEIR OWN ;

SO YOUR INTERPRETATION IS SHORT OF TRUTH

T,

How does what just wrote disagree with what I am writing?

kerwin

because their are two spirits not one my friend.

T,

Then why is it written that there is only one.

Kerwin

their is the spirit of truth what is of God and their is the spirit of adversary or opposed to the truth of God ,

like their are two ways in live to walk into ;1) live and 2) dead

T,

That I agree with.

Kerwin

:) :)

I just received my new “LAMSA BIBLE TRANSLATION ” I ordered a few weeks ago

it is called ” THE PESHITTA” I will now study it and compere it with the others I have already

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ May 26 2013,22:51)
    ……Jesus is the same type of being as the Father……

And what type is that, Kathi?  A spirit?  So what?  Lots of beings are spirits, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ May 26 2013,22:59)
    Israel is named this because they are the recipients of His righteousness.

Isn't Jesus also a recipient of Jehovah's righteousness?

There is also a place named 'Jehovah our Provider' because that was a place where Jehovah provided the ram in the thicket…….

Thank God that name wasn't ever given to Jesus – or it would be another of your “proofs”.  :)

Kathi, can you really not see how you read the scriptures through such biased glasses?  If a place, or a person other than Jesus, is called by one of these names, common sense let's you understand that it doesn't mean this place or person is Jehovah Himself.  Why does that common sense disappear only when it comes to Jesus?

I mean just THINK!

Psalm 2:7 NIV
    I will proclaim the LORD'S decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
    today I have become your father.

Is Jesus declaring HIS OWN decree in that verse? Or is it OBVIOUS that the one who declares JEHOVAH'S decree is someone OTHER THAN Jehovah?

I believe the latter. Your blinders allow you to imagine the former.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2013,17:28)

it is called ” THE PESHITTA” I will now study it and compere it with the others I have already

Cool! That's a good sign that a man doesn't think he's already learned everything. Good for you, Pierre. :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 28 2013,06:20)

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2013,17:28)

it is called ” THE PESHITTA”  I will now study it and compere it with the others I have already

Cool!  That's a good sign that a man doesn't think he's already learned everything.  Good for you, Pierre. :)

yes ,Mike I am like you looking for the truth of God not my own ,like some do ,and the truth in knowledge never stopped ,even when it is slow we still can learn ,

I do love you for this :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 27 2013,19:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ May 26 2013,22:51)
    ……Jesus is the same type of being as the Father……

And what type is that, Kathi?  A spirit?  So what?  Lots of beings are spirits, right?

Eternal type.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 27 2013,19:18)

Israel is named this because they are the recipients of His righteousness.

Isn't Jesus also a recipient of Jehovah's righteousness?

There is also a place named 'Jehovah our Provider' because that was a place where Jehovah provided the ram in the thicket…….

Thank God that name wasn't ever given to Jesus – or it would be another of your “proofs”.  :)

Kathi, can you really not see how you read the scriptures through such biased glasses?  If a place, or a person other than Jesus, is called by one of these names, common sense let's you understand that it doesn't mean this place or person is Jehovah Himself.  Why does that common sense disappear only when it comes to Jesus?

I mean just THINK!

Psalm 2:7 NIV
    I will proclaim the LORD'S decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
       today I have become your father.

Is Jesus declaring HIS OWN decree in that verse?  Or is it OBVIOUS that the one who declares JEHOVAH'S decree is someone OTHER THAN Jehovah?

I believe the latter.  Your blinders allow you to imagine the former.

Mike,
    The context is about the righteousness of the Branch, Mike. Read it again:

Jeremiah 23
    5″Behold, [the] days are coming,” declares the LORD, “When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land.

6″In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely; And this is His name by which He will be called, The LORD our righteousness.'

Is Jesus declaring HIS OWN decree in that verse? Or is it OBVIOUS that the one who declares JEHOVAH'S decree is someone OTHER THAN Jehovah?

Mike, I have been saying to you over and over, there are TWO who are called Jehovah, Jehovah the Father and Jehovah the Son and at times they are together called Jehovah. Are YOU blind or what?

question for you:
    Have I told you that there is Jehovah the Father and Jehovah the Son before? Yes or No

Hint…look at my signature…I have had it for months! Do you see who the blind one is now?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Your claim that there is an “eternal kind”, of which there are two members, is just an empty claim.

Your claim that there are TWO Jehovahs, who are described all throughout scripture with SINGULAR pronouns, is also an empty claim.

Your claim that we have TWO Almighty Gods is not only an empty claim, but also blasphemous.

So you can IMAGINE that the SERVANT OF Jehovah, Jesus Christ, meant “I will declare the decree that Jehovah SENIOR said to me………” until the cows come home.  It is still an empty claim that is not supported by any scripture.

You need to come to grips with yourself.  Hey, why don't you give me the e-mail address of the head pastor at your church?  I would like to talk to him about your belief in TWO completely separate Almighty Gods, and see what he thinks about it. You continually say that MANY people, including those at your church, believe just like you do, right? Put your money where your mouth is.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 28 2013,05:28)
    Kerwin

:)  :)

it is called ” THE PESHITTA”  I will now study it and compere it with the others I have already

T,

Sounds good, God be with you.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 28 2013,22:12)
    Kathi,

Your claim that there is an “eternal kind”, of which there are two members, is just an empty claim.

Your claim that there are TWO Jehovahs, who are described all throughout scripture with SINGULAR pronouns, is also an empty claim.

Your claim that we have TWO Almighty Gods is not only an empty claim, but also blasphemous.

So you can IMAGINE that the SERVANT OF Jehovah, Jesus Christ, meant “I will declare the decree that Jehovah SENIOR said to me………” until the cows come home.  It is still an empty claim that is not supported by any scripture.

You need to come to grips with yourself.  Hey, why don't you give me the e-mail address of the head pastor at your church?  I would like to talk to him about your belief in TWO completely separate Almighty Gods, and see what he thinks about it.  You continually say that MANY people, including those at your church, believe just like you do, right?  Put your money where your mouth is.

Mike,
    Read this, perhaps you can see that this person who wrote this says the same things and He is one of the scholars of Logos Bible Software. He believes that the Father is Almighty God and Jesus is Almighty God and the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;st=230

My pastor thinks those things are true also. Why don't you go discuss this with your son's pastor and tell him what you think. You don't need to email my pastor, you need to meet with one face to face unless of course you are afraid. When you meet with one, ask them if they believe that both Jesus and the Father are Jehovah and that the Father is someone other than Jesus. If they do, then they believe as I do.

Gill says the same thing as that as do most Bible commentators. You have been shown this over and over. The Nicene Creed tells us that Jesus is 'very God of very God.'

I have put my time where my mouth is by showing you proof from commentators, the early church fathers, scholars in the original language, etc. My time is valuable.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I have tried to engage my son's pastor in a personal discussion about this, and he refused.  I have also sent many e-mails about it, but they go unanswered.

And I don't need you to put your spin on things, Kathi.  The fact that Gill, or your pastor, or the scholars you often quote think that “God the Son” is also named “Jehovah” does NOT equate to them believing in TWO Gods.  They believe in “Jehovah the Father”, “Jehovah the Son”, and “Jehovah the Holy Spirit” – but they believe all three of these “persons” make up only ONE God.

So the question you need to ask YOUR pastor is:  DO YOU BELIEVE WE HAVE TWO ALMIGHTY GODS………. OR JUST ONE?

Have you found any pastors or scholars that believe there are TWO individual and separate Almighty Gods (not “PERSONS in a Godhead”) who created all things, and who we worship and serve?

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

If I have not answered a post of yours then please let me know where it is or bump it. Thank you!

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you said:

And I don't need you to put your spin on things, Kathi. The fact that Gill, or your pastor, or the scholars you often quote think that “God the Son” is also named “Jehovah” does NOT equate to them believing in TWO Gods. They believe in “Jehovah the Father”, “Jehovah the Son”, and “Jehovah the Holy Spirit” – but they believe all three of these “persons” make up only ONE God.

They all believe in one Godhead, so do I.

Have you found any pastors or scholars that believe there are TWO individual and separate Almighty Gods (not “PERSONS in a Godhead”) who created all things, and who we worship and serve?

NO, and I don't believe they are separate either, they are never separate, they are eternally interdependent.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

They believe in one BEING, who consists of three individual PERSONS.  Is that also what YOU believe, Kathi?  

Here, let me tweak that second question for you:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 25 2013,20:05)
    The Heavenly Father beget His eternal Son who is the same type of being.

When exactly did that happen?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 25 2013,20:05)
    Are your children the same type of being as you?

Yes they have super powers too.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 25 2013,20:16)
    It is entirely possible that John wrote in Aramaic first and then handed it to a scribe to write in Greek.

Then again not.

Greek was a widespread language by that time.

Origen (184/185 – 253/254) seemed to be under the impression that John wrote in Greek.

“We next notice John’s use of the article [“the”] in these sentences. He does not write without care in this respect, nor is he unfamiliar with the niceties of the Greek tongue. In some cases he uses the article, and in some he omits it. He adds the article to the Word, but to the name of theos he adds it sometimes only.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account