The Creations of Genesis 1 & 2 and John 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

No, like Jesus they are alive in the Spirit of eternal life.

They have passed over from death to life and when awoken they will sit at the wedding feast and be served by the Master.

Me:

Matt 22:31 was stated by Christ before any had passed from life unto death.  Passing from death unto life occurred after the crucifixion and glorification of Christ.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Me: The point is that all that had died in God was resurrected from the dead in the mind of God before Christ’s sacrifice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

The Spirit gives eternal life now to those who are given it by God and walk in it.

They die and sleep but will be awakened at the return of Jesus to enter the 1000 year rest.

Truthcomber
    Participant

The dead in Christ rest under the alter.  This is  a different rest than those who sleep in the earth.  They receive new bodies liken unto Christ at the first resurrection.  I had shown the scriptures for this previously.

Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G373&t=KJV

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick:

You stated:

In post 4832067 on 6 July you said that the prophets of old were baptised in the Spirit after the resurrection of Christ.

Do the anointed need anointing and is is written?

In another post you said the souls of the saved were in heaven.

The only mention of souls in heaven is in revelation when souls are said to be under the altar.

It is a popular misconception that anyone goes to the habitation of God and His son before the judgement.

Me:

I said baptized in the spirit. If you don’t die and resurrect with Christ, you do not have eternal life. Christ is our eternal sacrifice. Yes, the anointed needed to be baptized with the holy spirit, even after they had died previously.

You could not be baptized in the spirit before Christ was crucified, resurrected, and glorified. After he was, you could then crucified your “old man”, be buried with Christ, and then be resurrected with him into eternal life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Me:

If you consider baptism and anointing, then the prophets of old would be anointed by God for a different purpose, eternal life.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (Christ in the spirit John 7:39 below) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet ___because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Me: The saints in the first resurrection do not receive judgment, they have passed from life unto death.  They receive robes to put on their new bodies.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Correction:

Me: The saints in the first resurrection do not receive judgment, they have passed from death unto life.  They receive robes to put on their new bodies.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

In the foreknowledge of God and in prophecy the Christ was known.

But the human vessel was conceived in Mary, cleansed by obedience to the Word

Me:

Nope, the messiah grew in the spirit, but was not cleansed.  He did not have sin.  It was his death that cleansed us.

Nick:

and then anointed as Christ at the Jordan.

Me:

Mich 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

He was anointed by God from eternity as if he had always existed.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Me: Christ (the anointed) came into the world as having been anointed already.

Nick:

The anointing Holy Spirit he was united with is of eternity.

Me: True, and so was Christ’s anointing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC….IF YOU READ Issiah where that was quoted from , you will find it was a sign to the King of Judah, to show the king that God was with him, to deliever them from the invading armies.

The only way GOD was with us was he through the anointing spirit JESUS recieved at the Jordan river, now that Spirit which was GOD M WAS FROM ETERNITY. Jesus was not born with that anointing spirit, he recieved it when he was around thirty years old. That’s why you can find not miracles done in his life until after he recieved it.

Jesus did not preexist his berth on this earth. He was prophesied to be born from the loins of king David. His linage is given, and it does not go to eternity but from Adam. He was the prophecied seed of Abharam, just as Paul said. Even Moses said that God would raise up from the tribes of Israel a prophet like him. There is no mention of God raising up any preexisting being of any kind.

The man Jesus did not come from eternity, but from the “loins of king David” Just as scripture says.

Remember what it says, We have one God and one mediator between GOD and man (THE MAN JESUS THE CHRIST)
    and again, God was “in” Christ Jesus, reconciling the world unto himself.

The anointing spirit in the Man Jesus, which was God was indeed was from eternity, but not the MAN JESUS.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC….Its unfortunate that some words are mistranslated in scriptures, where Jesus said that they that believe have passed from ‘judgement’ to life, does seem to eliminate judgement, but that word should be translated “condemnation”. We have passed from condemnation to life, why, BECAUSE Jesus died for out eternal death sentence, so that means we will not eternally dir, scripture also say we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Jesus christ. What Jesus did was pay our eternal death sentence, but that does not mean there is no longer judgement.

Remember what scripture says, “if we have built with gold, silver, precious stones, we shall recieve a reward, but if we have built with wood, hay, or stubble, we would suffer lose, because the fire will try every mans work, but even if he suffers losse yet he himself shall be saved, yet as by fire”.

Also remember about the talents delivered to the severants, they were judged by how they used them.
    Judgement is a good thing, eternal condemnation is quite another. Brother.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

We knowledge from Hebrews that Jesus was tempted in every way as we are.

We know he never sinned.

James1.14

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

And when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:

and sin, when it is finished bringeth forth death.

Every man is born in the kingdom of darkness with his own lusts, including Jesus.

Jesus needed to be cleansed of lusts. God does not put His Holy Spirit into unclean vessels.

He overcame  as he tells us in Revelation 3 .21 and was found clean by God at the Jordan and infilled.

You keep wanting him to be different and anointed before he was anointed but these are remnants of tradition.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Those in Christ are raised in the first resurrection.

1000 years later the rest of humanity is raised to face the sheep and goat judgement.

This is a judgement of works all all that matters is how they treated those in Jesus Christ to live or die.

Those in Christ face the tribunal of Christ. 2cor 5.10.

Ths is expanded in Matt 25.14, the parable of the talents.

A judgement of reward.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

You say

‘Anointed by God means called for a special purpose by God’

Any scriptural evidence for this statement?

When the prophets and kings were anointed was this just a calling?

Me:

https://www.compellingtruth.org/anointed.html

From the Author:

In the New Testament, we are told God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor” (Luke 4:18). Acts 10:38 adds, “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power.” Acts 4:26-27 calls Jesus God’s Anointed. This was a term used to emphasize Jesus as the chosen one of God.

John 3:16 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

https://www.christianity.com/jesus/is-jesus-god/names-of-jesus/what-does-the-name-jesus-mean.html

From the author:

The name Jesus means “Savior.” It is the same name as Joshua in the Old Testament. It is given to our Lord because “He saves His people from their sins.”

What of the word Christ? It also comes to the English-speaking world from Middle English, derived from the Latin Christus, in turn from the Greek Christos, which meant “the Anointed”—a noun made from the past participle of the Greek verb “to anoint”.

Matt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

The Messiah was chosen or anointed before the foundations of the earth. That is why from his birth he is called Jesus (savior) Christ (anointed or chosen), just like we who are of his body were chosen before the foundation of the earth.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 4 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Me:

Like us, Christ was chosen or anointed before the foundation of the earth. We did not exist then, but in the mind of God, Christ and us existed then for he knew us before we were born.

Christ was anointed in the mind of God to be the savior of mankind from eternity.  He also was anointed afterward in Jordan to be able to do the work of God with power.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

2 TIM 2.11,

It is a faithful saying: for if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

If we suffer we shall also reign with him: if we deny him he also will deny us:

if we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself

Rev 20.4

..and they lived and reigned with Christ for 1000 years

And the share of rulership is shown in Lk 19.12f

Time you started believing in the truth revealed in parables, like Lk 16.19f

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

You follow men who claim a PREANOINTING for Jesus?

Jesus Christ means the anointed Jesus and the Holy Spirit came down on him at the Jordan.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You wrote:

TC….IF YOU READ Issiah where that was quoted from , you will find it was a sign to the King of Judah, to show the king that God was with him, to deliever them from the invading armies.

The only way GOD was with us was he through the anointing spirit JESUS recieved at the Jordan river, now that Spirit which was GOD M WAS FROM ETERNITY.

Me: Christ was the anointed or chosen one from eternity before he was born and existed.  He was also anointed with the power of the holy spirit in the Jordan River.

Jesus was not born with that anointing spirit, he recieved it when he was around thirty years old. That’s why you can find not miracles done in his life until after he recieved it.

Me:

True, I neve said otherwise.

You:

Jesus did not preexist his berth on this earth. He was prophesied to be born from the loins of king David. His linage is given, and it does not go to eternity but from Adam. He was the prophecied seed of Abharam, just as Paul said. Even Moses said that God would raise up from the tribes of Israel a prophet like him. There is no mention of God raising up any preexisting being of any kind.

The man Jesus did not come from eternity, but from the “loins of king David” Just as scripture says.

Me:

True, I never said otherwise.  I said in the mind of God, Christ existent from eternity, just like we did.  This is God’s reality.  But in our reality, Christ did not exist until around 2,000 years ago.

You:

Remember what it says, We have one God and one mediator between GOD and man (THE MAN JESUS THE CHRIST)
    and again, God was “in” Christ Jesus, reconciling the world unto himself.

The anointing spirit in the Man Jesus, which was God was indeed was from eternity, but not the MAN JESUS.

Me:

True, I never said otherwise.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

SENT does not mean ANOINTED.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Those in Christ are raised in the first resurrection.

1000 years later the rest of humanity is raised to face the sheep and goat judgement.

This is a judgement of works all all that matters is how they treated those in Jesus Christ to live or die.

A judgement of reward.

Me:

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Judgment is now for the saints of God.

A judgement of reward.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Yes the work of sanctification is now for those in Christ. Suffering is to brings change.

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

They do not come under judgement but have passed over from death to life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

God is merciful and wants everyone to be saved.

So those who give his brothers even a cup of water because they belong to him will not lose their reward.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

CALLED does not mean ANOINTED.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

CHOSEN does not mean ANOINTED.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account